Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:31:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD  (Read 362375 times)
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:43:05 AM

lol this is still around, lower than 1 year ago. good thing I dumped this shit around 0.30$.
cryptokingmaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:50:58 AM

Still, LBRY they are trying their best to develop the product and the value has increased a lot in the previous pump, least they are realising their developments to the public. There are many companies not showing their developed process to the public because of the become scam.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:32:12 PM

Still, LBRY they are trying their best to develop the product and the value has increased a lot in the previous pump, least they are realising their developments to the public. There are many companies not showing their developed process to the public because of the become scam.

No words needed.
teskostecenje

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:04:34 PM

Can someone from lbry team coment on what are you doing about current hunt on altcoins that can be stated as seccurites since having premine can put you in that situation afaik?Hope you guys already have few lawyers working on it Smiley
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:20:47 PM

Can someone from lbry team coment on what are you doing about current hunt on altcoins that can be stated as seccurites since having premine can put you in that situation afaik?Hope you guys already have few lawyers working on it Smiley
I might be off the point. But all the premined LBRY is stated clearly by the team about what are they going to do with the fund. And they all make a transparent and clear quarterly payment report.
https://lbry.io/faq/credit-policy
https://lbry.io/credit-reports
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:26:20 PM

This is really good news and supports more foundation for the future, sad that despite these things LBRY has fallen to 304 on coinmarketcap...

Shows how much of an effect the ICO boom has had, projects with 1/10th the developement have 5x the market cap.....sad really.
Jack_Vorobey

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:09:51 PM

I remember at the beginning of the start of the project when the price was very expensive, I bought these coins with faith in a good future. But then the price began to fall very much that the price in General became ridiculous in comparison with that that I bought. But then with the growth it is well to give money. So I think you need to buy now and wait for growth and not to sell in the fall.
mrtrust

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:36:15 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 06:18:25 AM by mrtrust

Dumped shit, lol. Soon -99% from top price
Weak dead garbage! It was 1,25 usd, now - 0,11 usd! Pumpy dumpy crap like all crypto scam!
This shit is going to die! It will never be serious project! Only pump and dump! But I guess it was the last pump, now - to 0 usd!
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:44:45 AM

Weak dead garbage! It was 1,25 usd, now - 0,11 usd! Pumpy dumpy crap like all crypto scam!
This shit is going to die! It will never be serious project! Only pump and dump! But I guess it was the last pump, now - to 0 usd!

Sounds like a pretty good time to start buying..
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:54:34 AM

LBRY Blockchain celebrates it's 2 year anniversary on June 23!

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:03:30 PM

If you want to give our latest redesign beta a try, shoot me a DM. It also includes a lbry daemon that's 10x faster on startup/other operations than before! Such a better app experience now!

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
bitChipper

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:33:01 PM

ROFL, a raging bagholder if I ever saw one.

jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:10:12 PM

Happy 2 year anniversary LBRY!

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:57:25 PM

ragin kids show up,time to buy  Grin

Happy 2 years anniversary lbry  Cool Cool
CrytpoGod27

Activity: 245
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

There were 3 main things that contributed to Library's down fall:

1. The Dev's absolute refusal to market it and attract more users. They simply thought that users would magically just show up and were too stubborn to put together a solid marketing & user acquisition plan.

2.The Token economics of LBC is absolute garbage. The inflation has nearly stripped all its value from the token. Just look at the LBC chart. The Sat value is headed to zero by the time all the coins are printed into existence. If you had invested a substantial sum of money a year ago you would have been 20x down on bitcoin at this point. Absolutely TERRIBLE model and zero incentive to use or hold the token.They should have just allowed people to use the app with other, more establish coins instead of LBC.

3. The UX is not good at all. Their downloaded-able application nearly kills my entire computer when running it. Also, the user interface is super elementary. They needed to create a simple web based application.

I was a long time LBC follower but they simply got crushed by the competition and now they are swimming in a sea of other alt coins and random projects. I believe they truly had a chance to get ahead of the market a year ago but were too stubborn to market the project and get the word out. Now I am not really sure about the future of this project but I really do wish them the best.
bitChipper

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:04:00 PM

1. The Dev's absolute refusal to market it and attract more users. They simply thought that users would magically just show up and were too stubborn to put together a solid marketing & user acquisition plan.

2.The Token economics of LBC is absolute garbage. The inflation has nearly stripped all its value from the token. Just look at the LBC chart. The Sat value is headed to zero by the time all the coins are printed into existence. If you had invested a substantial sum of money a year ago you would have been 20x down on bitcoin at this point. Absolutely TERRIBLE model and zero incentive to use or hold the token.They should have just allowed people to use the app with other, more establish coins instead of LBC.

3. The UX is not good at all. Their downloaded-able application nearly kills my entire computer when running it. Also, the user interface is super elementary. They needed to create a simple web based application.

I was a long time LBC follower but they simply got crushed by the competition and now they are swimming in a sea of other alt coins and random projects. I believe they truly had a chance to get ahead of the market a year ago but were too stubborn to market the project and get the word out. Now I am not really sure about the future of this project but I really do wish them the best.

1. I feel like their marketing wasn't all that bad, they had a mechanism for youtubers to migrate to LBRY and created an incentive to do so. They also ran campaigns for subscribers to earn free LBC to watch videos. I feel like every skeptic always says that a project didn't do enough marketing. In your opinion what else could they have done marketing wise?

2. I will agree with you that the distribution of the token really hurt the price, especially early on. But maybe that will slowly effect the price in years to come as the reward slowly declines? I feel like they should have just went with standard halvings like btc.

3. The UX is only 2 years old though man, you gotta admit it's not that bad considering its been a small team and a short amount of time. I believe a web-based application and a mobile application is in the works.

And on you're last point I wouldn't say it's been crushed by the competition, maybe if you consider any 2017 ICO competition then yes. But as far as a decentralized media sharing platform I feel like they are still very relevant. But you are right that they are swimming in a sea of other random projects, being 294 on CMC it will be hard for new investors to find them.
CrytpoGod27

Activity: 245
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:13:17 PM

1. I feel like their marketing wasn't all that bad, they had a mechanism for youtubers to migrate to LBRY and created an incentive to do so. They also ran campaigns for subscribers to earn free LBC to watch videos. I feel like every skeptic always says that a project didn't do enough marketing. In your opinion what else could they have done marketing wise?

2. I will agree with you that the distribution of the token really hurt the price, especially early on. But maybe that will slowly effect the price in years to come as the reward slowly declines? I feel like they should have just went with standard halvings like btc.

3. The UX is only 2 years old though man, you gotta admit it's not that bad considering its been a small team and a short amount of time. I believe a web-based application and a mobile application is in the works.

And on you're last point I wouldn't say it's been crushed by the competition, maybe if you consider any 2017 ICO competition then yes. But as far as a decentralized media sharing platform I feel like they are still very relevant. But you are right that they are swimming in a sea of other random projects, being 294 on CMC it will be hard for new investors to find them.

1. While I agree with you that they had a mechanism to do so, there wasn't enough incentive in it. I also felt like they didnt push hard enough on it. I actually thought trying to migrate users from youtube over to the LBRY platform was a great idea but it just didnt move the dial enough. The youtube people didnt make enough effort to do so.

2. Im hoping the inflation slows a bit as well because it really has taken a toll on the value of the coin

3. I have high hopes for this new re-design so we will see how it works out.

again Im really not trying to FUD just trying to point out some of LBRY's weaknesses as a long time follower of the project. I think they still have a shot at success now with this bear market while everyone isn't paying attention however once the next run begins I hope they have a more solid plan put in place to capture as much market share as possible
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:11:20 PM

the youtube transition tool was a great idea, but it broke within what a week?
they thought they could do the "TPS" of youtube, their tool broke b4 10% of people had their vids ported Sad  has it even caught up YET? a YEAR later? Sad
have the "20k Burkley vids" they were so proud of even up? ive seen like MAYBE 200...

same mistake many crypto projects make sadly
their premines so big they dont care, small team? i think theres like 20+ people?

i think they will just continue to dump the premine as they have through many ways, then sell the project when "done" inna few months, look the the CEOs, they do that over and over, serial entrepreneurs. build a project, sell if off for big payout, rinse and repeat

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:52:23 PM

new design is out troller  Kiss
bitChipper

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:16:11 PM

the youtube transition tool was a great idea, but it broke within what a week?
they thought they could do the "TPS" of youtube, their tool broke b4 10% of people had their vids ported Sad  has it even caught up YET? a YEAR later? Sad
have the "20k Burkley vids" they were so proud of even up? ive seen like MAYBE 200...

same mistake many crypto projects make sadly
their premines so big they dont care, small team? i think theres like 20+ people?

i think they will just continue to dump the premine as they have through many ways, then sell the project when "done" inna few months, look the the CEOs, they do that over and over, serial entrepreneurs. build a project, sell if off for big payout, rinse and repeat

Who would they sell it to if it has no value which is what you seem to be implying?

Even if they sold it to some big company I think that would probably be great for any LBC holders.
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: