Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:46:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:09:35 PM

Short development status update:

Have worked on the unconfirmed transactions (or mem-pool) implementation for HEAT.
Happy now to have based that on our earlier created atomic and transactional key-value store components (which we also use for balance storage).

Placed a hard cap of 600,000 transactions that will fit in the pool, this is enough to fill 20 blocks at max capacity.

This max could be stretched up much higher in the future without any significant cost to server RAM usage.
Raising that number 10 times or 100 times (to 60,000,000) would only come at a cost where we require another 6 or 60 GB of disk space that we map to memory and reserve for the pool.

About half way now writing tests for the unconfirmed pool. Have not done any speed tests yet, when those are ready we'll have another good indicator what the final max-throughput will be on a fully functional system.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:42:11 PM

Thanks Charmander, I hope he'll have to change your avatar based on the evolution of HEAT!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cool

it is last evolution!!

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:58:53 PM

Thanks Charmander, I hope he'll have to change your avatar based on the evolution of HEAT!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cool

it is last evolution!!

Lol. Didn't thought of it that way.
Guess we'll have to say goodbye to that nice looking creature soon then  Cheesy

LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:20:12 PM

it seems from reading many HEAT posts that you have great tech potential. But what good is tech if no one uses it?

Either from not knowing of its existence or the tech not being easy to use or actually being useful over what they already have.

BTC has a purpose of currency of the new century or money. Even i have a pub up the road that accepts BTC.

ETH NXT DASH LISK etc do not have a technology that has been taken up and used well.

Sure there is trading among the team and price speculation.

But it seems Steemit is the only one offering something being used. but with no advertising and just coins created and distributed down the pyramid i cannot see it lasting like it is.

So how will HEAT over come the frustrations felt by the cyrpto community that there is not a real use yet?

Seems every coin is just an experiment should have been run out of universities and not funded with millions of dollars from the public.

Will I social net work on it? Will i spend my heat in any store? Will i use it to insure or invest in something other than itself?

Can i build a business on it? Can i play games on it? interact with my family and friends better than current sms or FB messanger?

IOTA has a plan to machine to machine IOT real life actual other companies can use this..

How can real life outside companies use HEAT and how will they know that they need it?

Is heat for the guy on the street or for big data tech companies?

Thanks for any answers to these questions.

IT SEEMS NOW IS A CONFUSION IN CRYPTO.

How to push through a clean powerful message to have HEAT succeed in a crazy environment like we have now after the last 10 ICOs.

LISK nothing happening, Waves nothing happening. Supernet environment waiting for years. NXT another year for Ardor.

Coins get released and then it is hurry up and buy then wait for years for something. Hurry up and wait seems the norm.

So for now the environment seems only full of only speculation. and even that is driving steem becasue it does not much over redit.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 12:57:37 PM

So how will HEAT over come the frustrations felt by the cyrpto community that there is not a real use yet?
That's valid concern.

While similar in many structures, on the fundamental level there are principles that set HEAT words apart from the competitors.

Heat Ledger Ltd is a company, fintech business that will seek success on its own right regardless of the HEAT token.

Thus, HEAT isn't designed to solve the same problems that every other coin dev and their mother are trying to solve.

For instance, HEAT doesn't put too much emphasis on "fair distribution" type of things that sure matter for quick pyramid structures such as clone coins, but not as much for projects that are designed to run for half a decade or more. Simply because those things will solve itself like Bitcoin's distribution is slowly doing.

Granted, distribution and other parameters are designed as fair as reasonably possible, however the focus is elsewhere.

Where's the focus then?

The HEAT token serves a few primary purposes outside the obvious focus of a cryptocurrency token:

1. Function as a live showcase for Heat Ledger Ltd's product suite and services, encouraging direct participation
2. Ensure the company's 1st round funding
3. Prepare for the company's 2nd round funding

Fortunately all these purposes go hand in hand with the success of the token itself, thus the company will seek to maximize token value - within its pre-set boundaries to not overshoot prematurely - in the short term, as well as without boundaries in the long term.

Will I social net work on it?
Probably

Will i spend my heat in any store?
Yes, you sure will be able to

Will i use it to insure or invest in something other than itself?
Most likely.

Can i build a business on it? Can i play games on it? interact with my family and friends better than current sms or FB messanger?
Definitely, definitely, and more securely in respective order.

How can real life outside companies use HEAT and how will they know that they need it?
How to use it has been explained previously and needs a separate discussion, which will no doubt come up soon enough.

How will they know - through sales and marketing, and word of mouth & networking that we already have a strong base on.
Is heat for the guy on the street or for big data tech companies?
The HEAT token is for both. Heat Ledger Ltd's products are more for corporate use. 3rd party applications on the HEAT blockchain will likely target consumer use.

Hurry up and wait seems the norm.

FIMK wasn't in hurry. We developed it for 2.5 years and now through HEAT we're gonna push out the fruits.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:09:57 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2016, 02:04:36 PM by verymuchso

This post described a solution we thought we found to scale the HEAT mem-pool to sufficient processing levels.

Turns out the solution was incorrect.  Undecided

The actual working solution is described here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1543991.msg15738148#msg15738148

Initial tests show the pool can handle over 10 million transactions a second.

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:28:11 PM

We are proud to present to you ...

The official HEAT Ledger hand painted - Indonesian roll-cake  Grin

Thanks Marel! For making them  Wink

------

As is shown once again.

HEAT is the FIRST crypto-framework to solve the blockchain size scaling problem.
HEAT is the FIRST crypto-framework to solve the blockchain speed scaling problem.
HEAT is the FIRST crypto-framework with an official Indonesian-Roll-Cake.

Eat that  Cheesy

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:43:05 PM

For anyone planning on dropping out of crypto and become a hard-core roll-cake artist.

Look here for some backgrounds..

http://ncc-indonesia.com/2015/01/reportase-kursus-indonesian-batik-roll-cake/

Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:55:47 PM

Lol nice looking cake   Cheesy

HEAT: First crypto backed by cake!

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:30:50 PM

Scales to 1000 bites per second!

nxtrules

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:02:17 PM

hello,

Could we get a list of ICO contributers. Just want to make sure my contribution shows up ;-)

thanks
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 11:30:43 AM

Could we get a list of ICO contributers. Just want to make sure my contribution shows up ;-)
There's no such complete list yet, as significant part of contributions come in through the escrows.

Direct Bitcoin contributions can be viewed here https://blockchain.info/address/1HEATQCfWJKPWb8612K2oGR7EE6XPqNYHj

Other cryptocurrency investments at their respective links listed on http://heatledger.com/ico

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 01:04:46 PM

Scales to 1000 bites per second!

Hi verymuchso...

Can i ask you some questions about programming languages?

I will add to the thread so not to ask too much in one go.

You mentioned you know about 25 programming languages.

If ok can you mention your history in programming?

I am not asking which language is the best...

But can you list your favorite or the ones you are most adapt at.

If you list top to bottom i can refer to them and continue with questions.

I am doing my own study or programming languages very broadly first then to target in on each and its purposes and uses to find my way to dedicate to choosing my first then to cover the theory of the procedural declarative styles to see which route i will focus on.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:32:04 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 03:12:30 PM by verymuchso

Hi verymuchso...

Can i ask you some questions about programming languages?

Sure..

Love to talk about this subject.

I will add to the thread so not to ask too much in one go.
You mentioned you know about 25 programming languages.

It's slightly more than that. But you'll be amazed how fast you get there if you include things like CSS, bash, C, Cobol etc etc..

If ok can you mention your history in programming?

Sure.. First interaction I had with a computer, really was when i was around 16, it was with word-perfect.
It was a course on my social-studies education where I understood what was being explained basically instantly.
The teacher said it might be better if I did not come back to that class.
So that was the end of that. Nice teacher right!  Cheesy

So 5 years later when i was 21 and got my own PC through a program at my dads work.. Things got rolling for real.
There was view-source in the browser, you had HTML, Javascript and who knows what.

From there I wanted to create server apps, so i googled yahoo'd and found that worked with CGI.
But that required C so had to learn that and then HTML and then JS and so on and so on.

Got my first real IT job at a bank as a trainee. Became a Cobol/Mainframe programmer through a course of 9 months, in hind sight that basic programming course was the best thing I could ever learn. But at the time I was kinda bored with the topic.

Mainframe is very boring when you are 20 something and at home you are embedding browsers and interacting with the JS engine through an embedding in Borland Delphi (Pascal).

Got so bored with working at the mainframe department that I pitched an idea to a friendly software company (through a contact) where they hired me on the spot.

The thing i pitched was a solution I built where you could browse the server folder structure without page reloads, it was based on a thing called remote scripting.
Invented by this guy (talk about forgotten heroes).

Later they called that technique AJAX, it was named RS for years before AJAX got popular.

6 months later I stopped IT completely and tried something different, which in hind sight was no good match.
So some years later i quit that and was a cross-road..

What to do?

Go back to social-group-counseling (for which i have a degree)?, get back in IT professionally?, start another business - but now in IT?
I figured that last thing was the right way, had this great idea of massively scraping basically every shopping site out there and sell the data to interested parties and create my own search sites from it.

To make a living i worked in a group home at nights and worked on my business during the day.
I was able to identify and then learn basically everything I needed to know (technically) to run that business, it ranged from coding in various languages to full systems administration and DEVOPS (Chef).

So to make a long story short..

What I've learned through the years (and I don't have a computer degree - so mind that) is that the actual learning itself goes quicker and quicker the more you do it.
Each technology (or language for that matter) is in reality nothing more than another technology but morphed to solve some other (sometimes more advanced) purpose..

C++ is based of C
C wraps Assembly
Javascript is inspired by C, but lends its closures from Lisp.
Java is basically C++ but with auto memory management, hides the ref counters basically
Ruby is Lisp but created by someone who really likes clean-looking code
Pascal, Cobol, PL1, Basic (in a way) and the likes are from the old days - systems just came with those languages. Again an attempt to wrap machine code..

etc etc etc..

What you'll see is that everything builds on everything else. And everything borrows from everything else.
Java now does closures which is kinda what Scala is all about with its functional programming and on and on.

But can you list your favorite or the ones you are most adapt at.

That is something that changes constantly.

I used to consider myself a good Java and JavaScript coder.

But just last year I came in contact with Scala and Typescript and had to learn those, now with those two i can do more now than with those other two on which Scala and TypeScript where based.

So I guess the real strength comes from when you push your knowledge of a language to a certain level and only then start using their higher-level cousins.

I am doing my own study or programming languages very broadly first then to target in on each and its purposes and uses to find my way to dedicate to choosing my first then to cover the theory of the procedural declarative styles to see which route i will focus on.

If I may suggest something..
Humbly.. start here: C++ for dummies.
Those for dummies books make no presumptions about any prior knowledge and explain things really well.

If you know basic C++ you'll instantly understand so many other concepts and where they are all coming from.

Done with C++?
Definitely pick up a book about data structures (array, linked list, heap, vector etc etc) not that you'll use them as such, but they broaden your mind to find solutions later for your own problems. Guess that'll get you going for the coming year.

-----------------

Kinda long answer, perhaps  Roll Eyes
But I hope it helps you find your drive and purpose in life!

Back to work now  Cheesy

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:01:39 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 03:18:00 PM by verymuchso

So fun to look back at (linked from the site in the previous reply) this actually is AJAX from before it became AJAX.  Cheesy

http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/rslite/rslite.js
(that's the minimal version - the other one used an iframe and was more complex).

All invented by this guy..

16 years later it's fair to say I owe a good part of my IT career to that guy and the thing he created and shared with the world
** ain't open source a nice thing Wink **

Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:23:27 PM

So fun to look back at (linked from the site in the previous reply) this actually is AJAX from before it became AJAX.  Cheesy

(that's the minimal version - the other one used an iframe and was more complex).

All invented by this guy..[/url]

16 years later it's fair to say I owe a good part of my IT career to that guy and the thing he created and shared with the world

Being a JS guy, are you a fan of Lisk?
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:46:16 PM

All invented by this guy..[/url]

Being a JS guy, are you a fan of Lisk?

No.

Never understood the choice of javascript to create a crypto framework.
But if it becomes a success they could always do a complete re-write, protocol would stay the same.

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:24:38 PM

No idea really if any of them Lisk Dapps is allowed to touch any parts of the NodeJS standard-lib, probably not, I guess it's more likely they compile and run those in a sandbox.
If they are allowed to touch NodeJS a full framework rewrite and porting does become slightly harder.

HEAT runs it's Dapps (Distributed Services is what we call them) in the Nashorn engine that comes with Java, which is really fast btw!
Nashorn has not reached V8 levels, yet, but huge improvements are planned for future Java versions.

But in HEAT it really doesn't matter if Dapps run in 5 milliseconds or in half a millisecond, experience will be the same.

Have not looked at Lisk Dapp capabilities in detail yet but based on the lack of any really useful Dapp till now.

My guess is either the concept is not that powerful in the first place or Dapps in Lisk are really hard to make (or both).

With HEAT Distributed Services (our dapps flavor) you will very soon see very usable solutions.

- Decentralized Shapeshift is a good example
- Shopping with any currency (HEAT, EUR, BTC, ETC etc etc) on Amazon without an Amazon account is another
- All kinds of security additions (2FA over email, phone, smoke signals  Cheesy)

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:47:56 AM

What is the core difference between a back and front end programmer and a crypto programmer.

What are the main programming themes that make crypto possible that a reasonable programmer should focus on to participate in HEAT either to help the core or to start their own HEAT Blockchain Cloud based business?

Enjoying the details thanks..

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:44:08 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2016, 10:21:13 AM by LiskEnterprise

In regards to qualifying HEAT as a 3rd Generation platform, here is an interesting video with a 3rd generation definition. Mainly first ten minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zP4Chk8g7A

Yet it does focus on the tech as being important the focus is on using the tech to form governance for decision making and the statements of the platform being laid down well so that clients really know what they are joining.

I guess this definition of 3rd Gen gets us out of experimental phase and into a percise governmental phase that would prevent issues like what ETH has right now.

Can you compare how you are presenting the 3rd gen platofrm in HEAT to how Input/Output suggests it should be focusing on?

Great thread so far and full of true information.

The tech is great the plan is great and the philosophy is now my basis of these questions..

A white paper on a blockchain designed for governance.

https://tezos.com/position_paper.pdf

https://tezos.com/white_paper.pdf

https://tezos.com/language.txt

Regards/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: