Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52568 times)
Vasilije69

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:15:05 AM

In my opinion, it would fall down, and it would totally lose value.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:11:41 AM

Definitely, when no one spend it's like it's dead already. That's my greatest fear as I have been very productive here in the crypto world and bitcoin has help me a lot, it could be one of my downfalls in life and I hope it will not happen.

Right now, what we can do is to continue our support with it so this will continue to be successful and many people will see and enjoy the benefits of bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:17:51 AM

of course, because that makes a request bitcoin up almost entirely of spending. so when there is no spending. I'm afraid bitcoin will die
but I thought it would never happen in the near future
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:41:05 AM

of course, because that makes a request bitcoin up almost entirely of spending. so when there is no spending. I'm afraid bitcoin will die

It makes no sense. If no one spend Bitcoin the demand probably would be higher than the supply, so the BTC price would increase until someone sell their Bitcoins to keep the market moving. When you are spending Bitcoins you are moving the market, making the life continue and creating possibilities of new events (increases and decreases in the price).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Natalim

Activity: 2940
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:38:56 AM

It makes no sense. If no one spend Bitcoin the demand probably would be higher than the supply, so the BTC price would increase until someone sell their Bitcoins to keep the market moving. When you are spending Bitcoins you are moving the market, making the life continue and creating possibilities of new events (increases and decreases in the price).
I don't agree with your explanation, we spend because we want to increase the circulation and to increase the demand as well. What is the reason of holding when bitcoin will not be spend anyway? I guess you need to understand when bitcoin will not be supported by us, it will die because we dictate the value its value.

mrcash02

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:41:26 AM

I don't agree with your explanation, we spend because we want to increase the circulation and to increase the demand as well. What is the reason of holding when bitcoin will not be spend anyway? I guess you need to understand when bitcoin will not be supported by us, it will die because we dictate the value its value.

I'm not presupposing no one will have interest in Bitcoins, I'm not presupposing this: "bitcoin will not be spend anyway", what I mean is "if no one spend Bitcoins". This means who has Bitcoins won't spend it, but who doesn't have Bitcoins could want to have it, to buy it. There is no sellers, but there are many people wanting to buy it, and those who wants to buy will increase their offers to buy Bitcoins until a seller think the offer is good enough.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 12:39:13 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 05:07:22 PM by deisik

I'm not presupposing no one will have interest in Bitcoins, I'm not presupposing this: "bitcoin will not be spend anyway", what I mean is "if no one spend Bitcoins". This means who has Bitcoins won't spend it, but who doesn't have Bitcoins could want to have it, to buy it. There is no sellers, but there are many people wanting to buy it, and those who wants to buy will increase their offers to buy Bitcoins until a seller think the offer is good enough

Your assumption simply doesn't make sense

Just because there is no viable economic reason for it to come to life in the first place. Hypothetically, the price could reach ridiculous values, for example, someone might be willing to buy a few satoshi for a few hundred dollars, just for the fun of it, but that's pretty much all there's to it. In real life, though, you can more often than not see the opposite situation, i.e. only sellers being present in the market who want to sell their useless and worthless shitcoins, and no buyers sticking around altogether

Hey, captain, don't you wanna buy some PAC coins? The coin is cheap as dirt, don't lose your only chance (until it gets delisted)!

pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:22:35 PM

There will be no thrill anymore if that happens. Now I finally realize that fluctuation in the price has a good advantage to anyone. Because there is pump and dump happening on which we have a chance to do trade most of the time for us to grow our coin quickly.
mrcash02

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:55:04 PM

I'm not presupposing no one will have interest in Bitcoins, I'm not presupposing this: "bitcoin will not be spend anyway", what I mean is "if no one spend Bitcoins". This means who has Bitcoins won't spend it, but who doesn't have Bitcoins could want to have it, to buy it. There is no sellers, but there are many people wanting to buy it, and those who wants to buy will increase their offers to buy Bitcoins until a seller think the offer is good enough

Just because there is no viable economic reason for it to come to life in the first place. Hypothetically, the price could reach ridiculous values, for example, someone might be willing to buy a few satoshi for a few hundred dollars, just for the fun of it, but that's pretty much all there's to it. In real life, though, you can more often than not see the opposite situation, i.e. only sellers being present in the market who want to sell their useless and worthless shitcoins, and no buyers sticking around altogether

Hey, captain, don't you wanna buy some PAC coins? The coin is cheap as dirt, don't lose your only chance (until it gets delisted)!

If right now, all BTC sellers hold their coins and stop selling it, what would happen? Would Bitcoin die and crypto-currency enthusiasts move to an alt-coin to pump it to main crypto-currency status?

Or the BTC price would increase as the demand would be 100% higher than supply?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 05:07:57 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 05:28:52 PM by deisik

If right now, all BTC sellers hold their coins and stop selling it, what would happen? Would Bitcoin die and crypto-currency enthusiasts move to an alt-coin to pump it to main crypto-currency status?

Strictly speaking, in that very case you can't even talk about Bitcoin price any more

Really, what is Bitcoin price (or price of any asset, for that matter)? Basically, it is the price at which the last trade was executed, so if there are no more trades, you can't assume that the price will sky-rocket. If there are only buy orders at a price higher than that last price, it will lose any value as a reference point. Ultimately, buyers will lose interest toward Bitcoin en masse, and since they don't want their money sitting idly in the orders which are never to be filled, they will pour it into something else. The market will essentially die with a few orders left in the order-books across exchanges

Gameroid

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:43:35 PM

Nothing would actually happen; people and traders would still go along their way into using bitcoins for other purposes such as trading, investing and whatnot. Right now to be honest there are a few people who would use their bitcoins like fiat and most would just keep it and make it as their investment. That's what's happening right now.
actually in most of the place the shops which accept bitcoins are not available. and that is the reason that most of the people still using bitcoin as investment. but hope that in future we will be able to use bitcoin as currency.
mrcash02

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:42:32 PM

Strictly speaking, in that very case you can't even talk about Bitcoin price any more

Really, what is Bitcoin price (or price of any asset, for that matter)? Basically, it is the price at which the last trade was executed, so if there are no more trades, you can't assume that the price will sky-rocket. If there are only buy orders at a price higher than that last price, it will lose any value as a reference point. Ultimately, buyers will lose interest toward Bitcoin en masse, and since they don't want their money sitting idly in the orders which are never to be filled, they will pour it into something else. The market will essentially die with a few orders left in the order-books across exchanges

I must say it's true, because a currency can be replaced by another without disadvantages. But if people really want Bitcoin I believe they would continue trying to buy it until a seller place a offer.

The reference would be the buyer price, each new buyer offer increasing in reference the last one. After some time, some crypto-currency enthusiasts would migrate to another coin, and the BTC sellers would start selling again for the pumped price.

That is something the chinese lobby could do. The big whales club. It's just a strategy the big holders could try to have profit, acting in group to rule a decentralized currency, a risk plan that could kill the currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:00:22 PM

I must say it's true, because a currency can be replaced by another without disadvantages. But if people really want Bitcoin I believe they would continue trying to buy it until a seller place a offer.

The reference would be the buyer price, each new buyer offer increasing in reference the last one. After some time, some crypto-currency enthusiasts would migrate to another coin, and the BTC sellers would start selling again for the pumped price.

That is something the chinese lobby could do. The big whales club. It's just a strategy the big holders could try to have profit, acting in group to rule a decentralized currency, a risk plan that could kill the currency.

If bitcoin fails it will not be easy to replace it with any other cryptocurrency. As of right now, crypto is bitcoin, there is no other way around this. If bitcoin fails, 80%+ of the market spent in crypto also falls. I don't think there will be a second crypto, bitcoin is our only chance, so we must make it succeed at all costs.
FrannWilder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:05:01 PM

If bitcoin fails it will not be easy to replace it with any other cryptocurrency. As of right now, crypto is bitcoin, there is no other way around this. If bitcoin fails, 80%+ of the market spent in crypto also falls. I don't think there will be a second crypto, bitcoin is our only chance, so we must make it succeed at all costs.

I must say that I think that you are right about that, if we do not succeed with the bitcoin it will be all over for all cryptocurrency's.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 07:14:48 PM

The reference would be the buyer price, each new buyer offer increasing in reference the last one. After some time, some crypto-currency enthusiasts would migrate to another coin, and the BTC sellers would start selling again for the pumped price

I'm afraid that you can't say that

It would be the best bid price, i.e. the max price at which buyers are ready to buy, but in no case it will be the price of Bitcoin. In fact, this point can be proven very easily. Say, there are buyers who want to buy bitcoins at 500 dollars per coin while there are sellers which agree to sell at 1000 dollars per coin. What will the price be then? On the other hand, if we reverse your logic and see someone selling some shit coin at the price of X bitcoins per unit of that coin and there are no fools willing to buy at however small price altogether (i.e. no bids in the order-book, see above), can we ever claim that this coin is worth anything at all?

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:16:42 PM

yes agree with you. and that is the reason that bitcon is not going to fell down although we can see a little downfall because of market correction but after that the price of bitcoin will start raising again.
FrannWilder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:29:13 PM

I think that the bitcoin can than collapse but of course we still have to see what is really gonna happen with the bitcoin if it will, hopefully nothing..on the other hand this will never happen...
mrcash02

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:39:32 PM

I don't think this. Crypto-currencies are important, new method of payment, not only speculation coin. Crypto-currencies even without Bitcoins are the future of monetary transactions. Surely the amount of people using it would decrease for some time, but anothers would come, as the technology is always upgrading even more.

The reference would be the buyer price, each new buyer offer increasing in reference the last one. After some time, some crypto-currency enthusiasts would migrate to another coin, and the BTC sellers would start selling again for the pumped price

I'm afraid that you can't say that

It would be the best bid price, i.e. the max price at which buyers are ready to buy, but in no case it will be the price of Bitcoin. In fact, this point can be proven very easily. Say, there are buyers who want to buy bitcoins at 500 dollars per coin while there are sellers which agree to sell at 1000 dollars per coin. What will the price be then?

The price will be that one they finish a deal.  Cheesy
They must set an agreement first. It's like now, what is the BTC price? It's very unstable, until sellers and buyers set an agreement we never know what is the average price or not, it changes everytime.

On the other hand, if we reverse your logic and see someone selling some shit coin at the price of X bitcoins per unit of that coin and there are no fools willing to buy at however small price altogether (i.e. no bids in the order-book, see above), can we ever claim that this coin is worth anything at all?

If there aren't buys offers, the coin is worthless. Those who made deal with this on the past will migrate to another one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:57:23 PM

I think that the bitcoin can than collapse but of course we still have to see what is really gonna happen with the bitcoin if it will, hopefully nothing..on the other hand this will never happen...

Rightly so, it will lose its value and collapse as a result and people like us who own some bitcoins will go broke.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:09:20 PM

if no one spend their bitcoin then i think bitcoin price will be go to down and i think a lot of people are using bitcoin for online shopping as currency and some people hold their bitcoin for the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: