Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S7/S9 scheduled clock speed adjust  (Read 3133 times)
percy_tc (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:58:57 PM

Hi!

Is there any way to schedule automatic  clock speed set?

For exmaple: I would need to have quiet miner from about 7am to 9pm (450Mhz). From 9pm to 7am  it can be loud.

Putty?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eretron

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:39:50 PM

I had the same idea, and would be more than happy if this is possible... For me it's not about noise, but temperature during day/night.

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:21:28 PM

There is someone who has already developed this as far as I know. Try the mining software section of the forum.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
percy_tc (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:26:21 AM

is think this one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1535310.0
bittalc1

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:27:07 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=956098.msg10462772#msg10462772

I think it will work with s9, with little modifications.
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:35:46 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 02:02:30 PM by Gahs

I checked the thread, the project still seems to be in the pipeline. It doesn't look like something much will come out of it, I will keep my fingers crossed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=956098.msg10462772#msg10462772

I think it will work with s9, with little modifications.

This one seems likely. But I do not know yet, how long it will last.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
percy_tc (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:01:58 PM

http://www.awesomeminer.com/ do this perfectly!

patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 07:49:26 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 09:43:35 PM by patrike

Here is a guide how to set and schedule Antminer frequency changes using Awesome Miner:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antmineroperations.aspx

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:55:27 PM

I believe that you can also set up a cron job by ssh that runs a script to run the miner as needed each time of the day.
I have personally done it with Spondoolies SP30 with little effort.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:46:39 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 01:38:38 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

I believe that you can also set up a cron job by ssh that runs a script to run the miner as needed each time of the day.
Just so ya know -- some s7's and all s9's operate in a restricted (vs Privilaged) API/SSH access mode... All operating data can be read but not all can be changed & saved outside of using Bitmain's GUI.

My s7 b18 is one of them. M's Miner Monitor simply does not see it and I believe one from an earlier batch is the same. It also has never seen the s9's and since that program has been abandoned, that leaves Awesome Miner Monitor.

Finally pointed Awesome at the s7 batch 18, yep. It sees it and reports it as restricted access.

Gotta change that and the website for Awesome has some info on it http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx
but.....
a) does the privilege hack work for the s9?
b) what 'ux is Bitmain using? What editor is in it? What are the edit commands...
c) What is the file to be changed and where is it located?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 09:40:40 PM

Just so ya know -- some s7's and all s9's operate in a restricted (vs Privilaged) API/SSH access mode... All operating data can be read but not all can be changed & saved outside of using Bitmain's GUI.

My s7 b18 is one of them. M's Miner Monitor simply does not see it and I believe one from an earlier batch is the same. It also has never seen the s9's and since that program has been abandoned, that leaves Awesome Miner Monitor.

Finally pointed Awesome at the s7 batch 18, yep. It sees it and reports it as restricted access.

Gotta change that and the website for Awesome has some info on it http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx
but.....
a) does the privilege hack work for the s9?
b) what 'ux is Bitmain using? What editor is in it? What are the edit commands...
c) What is the file to be changed and where is it located?
If you first make sure you run the absolutely latest version of Awesome Miner, currently v1.7.6 (download page), you can actually use the Awesome Miner software to do this.

Simply follow these instructions to let Awesome Miner configure the Privileged API access for all your Antminer's:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antminerapi.aspx

It's a very boring and time consuming task to manually configure this over SSH on all your miners. Awesome Miner can setup this for you on all Antminer's at once.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:30:32 PM

S9 - remove the A: , enable the W:

but after a reboot, S9 will revert to Restricted again. ---> @patrike, not sure if you are aware of this Wink

easier solution for noobs on the S7, flash older version of fw such as Fri Dec 11 11:51:56 CST 2015, no restrictions.

GL & have fun, don't break, blow or brick anything !
thelema93

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:30:45 PM

warning to anyone considering buying an S9 or any miner from Bitmain.
They might send you a broken machine and then refuse to repair or replace  it.
That's what they have just done to me.

I have spent over $14,000 USD with them and they treat me like a piece of dog sh*te they scraped off their shoe.

Well F**K You Bitmain. Thanks for nothing.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 12:10:02 AM

but after a reboot, S9 will revert to Restricted again. ---> @patrike, not sure if you are aware of this Wink

easier solution for noobs on the S7, flash older version of fw such as Fri Dec 11 11:51:56 CST 2015, no restrictions.

Just looked into the Restricted API access and speed changes using Awesome Miner: You need either the Professional Edition or higher to use those functions. Looks like time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade from Standard to Premium (good for 20miners per-site).

Nice thing is that Premium also unlocks remote access for monitoring/rebooting my farm at work Cheesy

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 05:55:04 PM

Just looked into the Restricted API access and speed changes using Awesome Miner: You need either the Professional Edition or higher to use those functions. Looks like time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade from Standard to Premium (good for 20miners per-site).

Nice thing is that Premium also unlocks remote access for monitoring/rebooting my farm at work Cheesy

hi not fuzzy warm.
but there is no API on firmware, to manage rules from custom c#/VB.NET code and interact with S7/S9?Huh

i find nothing about that...

but it seems impossible!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:42:46 AM

All I can refer to is Awesome's info on it http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx

italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:47:07 AM

All I can refer to is Awesome's info on it http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx

hum... but to use this features on Awesomw Miner i need to pay 100$.
no open source utility???

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: