Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The latest Avalon announcement in China(Translated). Batch #3, price and more.  (Read 36503 times)
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:14:46 PM

Asking for a price in btc, ok. Thats the idea of btc. Asking for a huge amount basing it on expected ROI is absurd. Bitcoin value could crash tomorrow.

Actually, asking for 88 BTC doesn't change the fact that you would make your 88 BTC back in a few months, given that there is no consumer based competition with a working product. If BTC price crashes, then the 88 BTC you mined with the device is just worth less.  

Now here's the real question, if BTC value goes down to $10 two days after they start accepting batch 3 preorders, are they going to honor the 88 BTC price, or have a sudden change of heart and start charging $1500 again? At some point, merchants are going to need to list their products in static BTC prices to stabilize the currency. I don't think that time is now, but you can't blame them for trying. A high static BTC price at this point is going to devalue BTC and possibly start driving the exchange rate down.

I still think they are going to sell out though, barring some really good news from BFL this week.

The only problem with your analysis is that for it to apply to me (or anyone else), you must have the 88 BTC.  If you use EU or USD to buy the 88 BTC, then the vol really does matter to the people and they have FX risk.

What if BTC value goes down to $10 tomorrow and you buy 88 coins for $880? Assuming Avalon would still sell for 88 BTC(they wouldn't), it wouldn't change the fact that you are going to mine those 88 BTC back in a few months with the device. If you believe BTC value is going to keep going up, it's a no-brainer to buy.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:17:01 PM

For $5+ grand, I might as well get suckered into BFL and buy two (2) 60GHs units for less than 3 grand for a total hashing powah of 120+ "
(supposedly) GHs.  Both brand would probably (wishful thinking) ship around the same time.  Dubya tee ef?

I think Avalon are taking advantage of BS Labs lack of info on their status and failure to provide their units on time.  This my friend, is the epitome of what "Time is money" truly means.
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:22:29 PM

or you can 4 unit for 240 GH of power for the same price of one avalon
m3whiteknight

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:24:24 PM

coin is 60 dollar now so one avalon = 4 BFL single SC
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:26:33 PM

I sometimes wonder if it's people needing BTC to buy Avalons that is driving the price of BTC higher!  Cheesy

FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:31:23 PM

maybe that post is a fake, as i stated i see nothing on their site reflecting that forum post on the other forum OP posted.

for 5k you can get alot of FGPAs, maybe with their power usage it may even be realistic?

m3whiteknight

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:34:38 PM

haha  I was thinking the same way too
88 coin per unit
600 unit for sale = 52800 coin

60 dollar a coin  = $3168000

that is 3 million dollar pumping to the market, even some of the buyer already some coin in their wallet so let say half of that 3 millions going to the market today, it will drive the BTC price up for sure.

If this is correct, that also mean after the avalon sale is over and people do not need to buy BTC to purchase avalon any more and BTC price WILL drop

m3whiteknight

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

maybe that post is a fake, as i stated i see nothing on their site reflecting that forum post on the other forum OP posted.

for 5k you can get alot of FGPAs, maybe with their power usage it may even be realistic?

OK Now we will need to verify that asking price once for all
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:40:19 PM

I would not want to shell out $6K+ and get into this with no tech support:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155455.0
cyberzac

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:43:56 PM

About the not received batch #1 units. Whats the ratio between received and non received units?
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:45:21 PM

Interesting to me how many people keep rehashing the (important) points above, but it has mostly been said so i wont add on, howevere no one has touched on the question of payment processing.

Avalon set up with a payment processor, I imagine because they were woefully unprepared and unable to properly handle massive order processing (resulting in "shipping" delays). However they are dissatisfied with whatever hassles usd brings to a Chinese business (and the fact they probably missed out on 1M+ dollars they would have accrued from rising btc value ), and pricing in btc. This means they are skipping a payment processor it seems? On a new batch that is equal in size to both previous batches combined, and with a price point virtually guaranteeing no large single orders, without having even started pushing out the second batch (and maybe not even batch 1? Most still haven't received anything).

To say that things poor would be an understatement. Perhaps they will use some of that capital to hire staff? That would be interesting. Hopefully they will touch on that before the presage goes up.
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

I really wish the BTC to crash hard just after Avalon starts taking order. We shall see what happens to their BTC 88 - 115 payment plan. Greedy bastards.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:55:51 PM

I really wish the BTC to crash hard just after Avalon starts taking order. We shall see what happens to their BTC 88 - 115 payment plan. Greedy bastards.

me too OR BFL ship there shit
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:06:48 PM

How are they any more greedy than miners?  Based on this thread, miners themselves have no confidence in BTC and view it only as a means to earn USD. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:07:16 PM

To say that things poor would be an understatement. Perhaps they will use some of that capital to hire staff? That would be interesting. Hopefully they will touch on that before the presage goes up.
I guess that part of the capital will go into developing a 28nm asic to compete 6 months from now.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:36:39 PM

How are they any more greedy than miners?  Based on this thread, miners themselves have no confidence in BTC and view it only as a means to earn USD.  

Bwahahaha, this the exact reason why I don't respect some of my potential customers, I don't even want money from these people. In afterthought, raising the price it must stopped a lot people were purchasing because how brainless the profit was, now there is some math and faith involved.

MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:38:45 PM

How are they any more greedy than miners?  Based on this thread, miners themselves have no confidence in BTC and view it only as a means to earn USD. 

Bwahahaha, this the exact reason why I don't respect some of my potential customers, I don't even want money from these people. In afterthought, after raising the price it must stopped a lot people were purchasing because how brainless the profit was, now there is some math and faith involved.

Explains the communication regarding batch 1 shipping.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 07:42:50 PM

How are they any more greedy than miners?  Based on this thread, miners themselves have no confidence in BTC and view it only as a means to earn USD.  

Bwahahaha, this the exact reason why I don't respect some of my potential customers, I don't even want money from these people. In afterthought, raising the price it must stopped a lot people were purchasing because how brainless the profit was, now there is some math and faith involved.

I assume that was the feeling.   Many are finding out what happens when you deal with a principled business person.   I was "really?" at first, but then after thinking about it, it didn't seem bad.   With a ROI of 6-12 months, you know they will keep the gear on the network for that time, keeps it just the much more secure.   Hope people are looking at other motives than just profits.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
shibaji

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:44:11 PM

Like I said, I really wish the BTC to crash once you have your ordering started - will see where your lecture goes.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 07:46:00 PM

Like I said, I really wish the BTC to crash once you have your ordering started - will see where your lecture goes.

Just wanted to point out, that with the development done and they are basically assembling and ordering wafers, I am sure they are still profitable at BTC88/$10 USD as well as BTC88/$60 USD.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: