Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag?
Yes - 1005 (80.4%)
No - 245 (19.6%)
Total Voters: 1250

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag?  (Read 28023 times)
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:18:24 PM

Unless they start denying refunds...

They kind of have done that already.

Lol no they haven't. Name 3 [three] people who have never received a refund from BFL..

Why 3?

Because one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:24:12 PM

Forget refunds, what would a gold miner do if their equipment supplier didn't deliver and they lost production?...

...sue someone for breach of contract and damages!  

Greedy ASIC supplier vs. greedy lawyer.. FIGHT! Wink

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:25:54 PM

Unless they start denying refunds...

Lol no they haven't. Name 3 [three] people who have never received a refund from BFL..

Why 3?

It's a magic number. Remember when ONLY three people requested refunds from BFL? 3's the tipping point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4pyiB-kq0 Cheesy

1 disgruntled BFL customer is generally easy to find..and I'm sure if they didn't receive their refund within 5 minutes of request they'd go around claiming "SCAM" (just look at all the BitInstant threads out there).
2 customers with refund problems could be just a fluke..or a mix between the disgruntled dumbass and someone with an actual problem.
But 3 people..well that's the start of a pattern Tongue

JohnCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:28:27 PM

I think it's safe to say that the customers with the real refund problem are the ones who didn't request one in the first place.  It's too bad that people are going to lose so much money because of their greed.
nagnagnag2

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:51:30 PM

Al Gore.
Barack Obama.
Sarah Palin.

(You didn't say that they needed to have an order at BFL at first...)

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:03:00 PM

Al Gore.
Barack Obama.
Sarah Palin.

Fair point Cheesy ..but I also know it's because you can't find people who got "scammed" out of their refund who have ordered from BFL Wink

Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:51:38 PM

Lips sealed

There is no proof Lightning miner ran away or will run away with the customers money. Until there is such proof, one can go mad, rage, whatever, but
can't really call them scammers. They are late, they gave false promises, they might actualy deliver no product at all - still not enough
for scammer tag.

You think you are doing the right thing bitching around here but you are doing so much unneccessary additional damage to Bitcoin. Like it
is not enough Lightning miner is late and all other shits happening. Like wasting your and others time posting here will speedup the thing, or something.

Lips sealed

There is no proof primeAsic ran away or will run away with the customers money. Until there is such proof, one can go mad, rage, whatever, but
can't really call them scammers. They are late, they gave false promises, they might actualy deliver no product at all - still not enough
for scammer tag.

You think you are doing the right thing bitching around here but you are doing so much unneccessary additional damage to Bitcoin. Like it
is not enough primeAsic is late and all other shits happening. Like wasting your and others time posting here will speedup the thing, or something.
Lips sealed

There is no proof labsnovo ran away or will run away with the customers money. Until there is such proof, one can go mad, rage, whatever, but
for scammer tag.

is not enough labsnovo is late and all other shits happening. Like wasting your and others time posting here will speedup the thing, or something.
nagnagnag2

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

Al Gore.
Barack Obama.
Sarah Palin.

Fair point Cheesy ..but I also know it's because you can't find people who got "scammed" out of their refund who have ordered from BFL Wink

I have an order and tried to cancel that order without any success. So, you can count me as at least one.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:07:02 PM

Lips sealed

There is no proof BFL ran away or will run away with the customers money. Until there is such proof, one can go mad, rage, whatever, but
for scammer tag.

Tom was slow in processing refunds, and he was given the Scammer tag. BFL is no better.

Buy & Hold
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:36:43 PM

Tag as a scammer. Remove tag if/when they ship out their first batch and it's verified working.

These last two weeks have been an inexcusable Vaudevillian comedy of errors.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:11:14 PM

Tag as a scammer. Remove tag if/when they ship out their first batch and it's verified working.

These last two weeks have been an inexcusable Vaudevillian comedy of errors.

+1

But we all know there it will never happen because BFL spend to much for Bitcointalk ads per week
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

Tom was slow in processing refunds, and he was given the Scammer tag. BFL is no better.

and to date Tom still hasn't refunded everyone, or even majority AFAIK. I'm one of those waiting for a refund, with no replies to anything.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
JohnCoins

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:12:27 PM

It might be good to introduce "Scammer On Hold" tag, for the cases where there is no proof someone took money and is just gonne, pufff!
There is a difference between "took money and just gonne, puff!" and "having difficulties with refunding customers", "our chips don't work
as expected, you will have to wait until improved chips arive" or similar scenarios.

What is gonne is gonne, case closed. Situation with BFL, Tom and some other entities is not at that stage yet. You can be pissed on them,
but calling for a scammer tag and applying one won't bring any good to the situation, will it? You yourself might actualy push the situation
to the stage where your money is gonne, pufff!

Get laid, have a drink, go for a walk. Vent the rage elsewhere, this forum and around is quite a bad place for that, given it is open to public.

Is this a joke? 

If BFL (which is clearly a scam, and I truly feel sorry for anyone who fell for it) goes belly up because of accurate accusations, you would blame the accusers rather than the scammers themselves?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:31:28 PM

Is this a joke? 

If BFL (which is clearly a scam, and I truly feel sorry for anyone who fell for it) goes belly up because of accurate accusations, you would blame the accusers rather than the scammers themselves?

Welcome to BitcoinTalk. "Please don't call scammers scammers, they might disappear with our money."
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:02:21 PM

Whatever. You are too stupid to understand. Apply the scammer tag then complain about shitload of negative Bitcoin press around.

You're right, we should just keep our mouths shut and let obvious scams take in more money. That way there's no negative press until the day they dissapear with millions.
JohnCoins

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:07:15 PM

Whatever. You are too stupid to understand. Apply the scammer tag then complain about shitload of negative Bitcoin press around.

On second thought, you are right.  We better not scare the scammers - how else will they make a living?
JohnCoins

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:24:16 PM

How exactly bitching on BFL, Tom and others, who failed to deliver on time or didn't delivered at all, but didn't ran away with money, helps?

Ignoring some glaring grammar problems, it helps by exposing them.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:17:32 AM

How exactly bitching on BFL, Tom and others, who failed to deliver on time or didn't delivered at all, but didn't ran away with money, helps?

Because just because they aren't withholding refunds right this instant doesn't mean the won't in the future, especially with 6 months of extra salary for the staff to cover.

Once the flood dams will open on BFL reimbursements someone will pull the trigger too late.
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:27:41 AM

BFL is keeping a portion of first batch chips for their own mining farm:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157329.0

#1 batch customers: how you're feeling right now?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:55:40 AM

BFL is keeping a portion of first batch chips for their own mining farm:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157329.0

#1 batch customers: how you're feeling right now?

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this refer to units which Josh personally ordered and paid for in June 2012 and in which shares were then made available?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89902.0

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: