Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 11685 times)
Hermel

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:08:03 PM

My guess: he is referring to plans to bring Bitcoin to the stock exchange - making it tradable with any online broker (e.g. stocktrade) and accessible to billions of investor's funds. I myself have a few ideas about how this could be pulled off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:09:47 PM

Anyone parting with his coins at current silly prices is going to deeply regret it by year 2015.

No regrets if you are able to buy back at $48 to $50 soon.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:09:57 PM

Something Big??? Wait for it... WE'RE ALL GOING TO PATTAYA, fuck yeah!!!!  Grin
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 12:19:54 PM

Based on some information that is not public and that I have no intention to disclose, things are happening behind closed doors [...] which is likely to happen within 2 years time frame [...]

u mean the next reward halving?  Shocked

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:21:38 PM

Something Big??? Wait for it... WE'RE ALL GOING TO PATTAYA, fuck yeah!!!!  Grin

Just heard it on BBC World news: A cyprus government official states that "Cypern is considering adopting an alternative currency outside the Euro economy".

I wetted myself when i heard these words!

Of course this is to put pressure on Andrea Merkel to get a better deal and "alternative currency" suggesting that they are going to invent a Cyprus Dracma, not related to B...... of course.

Nevertheless hearing this on BBC was the shock of the day....
SomeWhere

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

Actually, russia money supply is around 11T RUB, which would put the current bitcoin at around 1 000 000 RUB, that is around 32 000 $.
To put it another way, 140M people in russia, there are not enough bitcoins to give each russian 0.1 BTC.

Or to give each Russian 10000000 satoshis.
cho

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

Boar with me

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:44:04 PM

All current limitations of Bitcoin aside, remember that the entire system is ultimately dependent on Internet connectivity.  Any grand plans for nation state adoption require broadly deployed Internet service.  Yes there are technologies that address this but they are quite immature.  Just saying, it needs to be considered as a factor depending on who you're talking about.  Cyprus, as an example since it's the favorite mention du jour, does not have very good Internet service on the whole.  In fact, it's quite poor.

That's an interesting point. I would add, though, that there already much, much more internet connected devices than bank-connected devices.
Furthermore, the national crypto currency does not need to replace paper notes, and paper notes can be used for small amounts where no Internet connectivity exists. Just like today with fiat currencies...

The troubling part of this national crypto-currency scenario might be with tax and accounting laws.
Would the "clever" country demand from its citizens that they declare the full list of their crypto-currency adresses, allowing the tax services to monitor each and every digital money transfer ?

1KEWxTkXPgfB9MdHJcfyoVnfHRnYEHQJPw
cho

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

Boar with me

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:45:41 PM

To put it another way, 140M people in russia, there are not enough bitcoins to give each russian 0.1 BTC.
Or to give each Russian 10000000 satoshis.
[/quote]
If your intent is to point that 0.1 BTC is large enough, you are right. I didn't mean to imply that there are too few bitcoins, I just wanted to show how rich we are even with a few bitcoins Smiley

1KEWxTkXPgfB9MdHJcfyoVnfHRnYEHQJPw
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:46:24 PM

Dear Vladimir,
You took the time to write your post, which tells us nothing in particular and there is no way for us to tell if it's true or not. I have two questions for you:
1) Why did you do that?
2) What do you expect US to do after we read your post?

1. Just teasing you. But some people might take some action based on this information. These people do know who they are and what to do.

2. I have no expectations of any action from anyone. Safe to ignore.

My friend... I think most of intelligent people knows that the wise strategy with bitcoin is:

- INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE
- BUY AND HOLD, FULL POINT

If you follow those two simple rules you will be OK with bitcoin Wink

JohnCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:51:03 PM

For what is worth. Based on some information that is not public and that I have no intention to disclose, things are happening behind closed doors. There are some serious projects are being underwritten and financed and negotiated right now. If these projects come to fruition, which is likely to happen within 2 years time frame, the accessibility of Bitcoin investments to general public will be ubiquitous.

Anyone parting with his coins at current silly prices is going to deeply regret it by year 2015.

I'm not sure where you heard about our projects from, but I respectfully ask that you do not repeat them on the forums in this manner.  Thank you.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:58:20 PM

For what is worth. Based on some information that is not public and that I have no intention to disclose, things are happening behind closed doors. There are some serious projects are being underwritten and financed and negotiated right now. If these projects come to fruition, which is likely to happen within 2 years time frame, the accessibility of Bitcoin investments to general public will be ubiquitous.

I'm not sure where you heard about out projects from, but I respectfully ask that you do not repeat them on the forums in this manner.  Thank you.

Yeah, Vladimir. Pics or it didn't happen.
Jaagu

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:48:38 PM

Quote 1:
...the accessibility of Bitcoin investments to general public will be ubiquitous.

Quote 2:
hedge funds get their name because they hedge their positions on the market
example go long on oil futures and long on airlines stocks
1 if oil goes up let the oil futures run in profits cut the airlines stock
2 if oil goes down cut the futures and let the airlines stock run in profits how you hedge in bitcoin world?
Originally hedge funds used to hedge, as in your example, but nowadays any strategy goes. Being long in BTC is a possibility. The problem however, is that they normally want to buy financial products within a strict legal framework. The Coinlab deal is a first step towards making this possible, the ultimate goal would be a Bitcoin ETF.

Quote 3:
"'While silver can get to $15 or $20 before it's all said and done, the actual launching of the silver ETF could mark a short-term top for silver,' added Peter Grandich, noting that the silver ETF could represent a 'buy the rumor, sell the news' trade." /.../ "Analysts are also warning about potential confusion over the tax structure of precious-metals ETFs. Under current tax law, long-term gains from the sale of silver are taxed as 'collectibles' like artwork. Therefore, if held for more than a year, gains on the silver ETF would be taxed at a maximum rate of 28%, compared with 15% for so-called long-term gains on stocks. If sold in less than a year, gains are taxed as ordinary income.'
- Ben Jones. Metals Dip On Profit Taking, ETF Worries. April 04, 2006.
http://moneyandmetals.blogspot.com/2006/04/metals-dip-on-profit-taking-etf.html

Quote 4:
The gold ETF is being proved to be a sham, not convincingly so, but enough to anyone harboring a suspicious mind. Stories abound within ETF’s regarding shorting gold via futures, buying 10 cents worth of gold per dollar held, lack of transparency, unaccountability under the false guise of security concerns, and avoidance of SEC requirements enough to earn a formal investigation. Eventually, we will learn that on a good day, a fractionally managed gold ETF is right on target with their reality. My uglier view is that ETF’s will morph into non-producing hedge firms, simple queer adjunct skeletal illicitly controlled shams linked to the hedged mining firms themselves, whose certificates are fully mixed, those valid vaulted very real with those leased vanished never to be seen again. For smart people to trust the ETF offerings is evidence of utter complete stupidity in my book. Jim Turk’s original suspicions might have been met with calls of competitive bias, but no more. His concerns have all been borne out as authentic. He is a true gold patriot. For the precious metal community to embrace the upcoming silver ETF is beyond my comprehension.
Such trust reminds me of the Iraq War and calls of weapons of mass destruction. Now Iran is a nuclear threat. Have we learned anything about disinformation? How intelligent is the gold community? Don’t confuse zeal and stubbornness for intelligence and craft. If Fanny Mae launched an ETF for housing investors, would we trust it? A credible argument can be made that the hedged gold institutions (within the establishment of the goomba World Gold Council to manage the gold ETF) is akin to the mafia managing the lending operations for the Teamster’s Union retirement fund. How is that working out? The streetTRACKS gold ETF (GLD) will have a similar fate someday, in managed receivership by some official steward.
- Jim Willie CB. Why USFed Hikes, Unspoken. February 16, 2006
http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analysis/65/3825/2006-02-16.asp?nid=3825&fb=1&wid=65&ntyp=EMA
http://economicrot.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_economicrot_archive.html#114037421219143602

Quote 5:
It's like fractional reserve banking....one bar "owned" by 10 different entities.
Bottom line is if you own precious metal ETF's you own PAPER!
- thinkiam Jul 15 01:14 PM Comment on an article "Warnings to Precious Metal ETF Investors - Buyer Beware!"
http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/121744-mark-anthony/13311-warnings-to-precious-metal-etf-investors-buyer-beware
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:51:20 PM

I'm not sure where you heard about our projects from, but I respectfully ask that you do not repeat them on the forums in this manner.  Thank you.

Sorry Vladimir, I didn't buy this.

This should really be moved to "Speculation".

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:49:43 PM

Umm.. who are you and why do you know these things?

Vladimir - a son of Soviet Russia - he knows. I tell you, he knows.

We must all know that the russians know everything. They are the greatest!!!

Here's proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMgWyoUDfUg
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 04:51:54 PM

I know exactly what he is talking about. As someone who has personally watched the Davinci Code I can consider myself an expert at decifering puzzles.

He mentions behind "closed doors" like the closed door of a closet, a closet which he is in. This would mean that Vladamir is gay and that he will be coming out of the closet in 2015.

"some serious projects are being underwritten"
"If these projects come to fruition"

Now the part about "very important for Bitcoin things"...who is the most important person in gay society? Liberace.

Vladamir is going to buy a large blinged out pink Liberace type of piano with Bitcoins.

"Anyone parting with his coins at current silly prices is going to deeply regret it"

No you are so silly Vladamir. I doubt a pink piano purchase will change the price of bitcoins by much.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:57:17 PM

If the news is that Russia sucks a big fat one, sorry, but that news has been out for the better part of a century.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 05:14:05 PM

Quote from: Vladimir
Of course do not listen to me. All the scammers, ponzi promoters, pool hoppers, fraudsters,  cheating pool ops and their fans as well as other assorted assholes will tell you that.

Meanwhile, I set you all up for an epic "I told you so" post.  Cool

Do it. I'm wondering if it's related to what I heard.

dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:22:25 PM

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parting
a. The act or process of separating or dividing.
b. The state of being separated or divided.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ubiquitous
Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent:
having or seeming to have the ability to be everywhere at once; omnipresent
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:30:53 PM

Well,

While having absolutely no idea what Vladimir is talking about,

I can confirm that very big, positive things for bitcoin are happening behind closed doors Smiley

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

Well,

While having absolutely no idea what Vladimir is talking about,

I can confirm that very big, positive things for bitcoin are happening behind closed doors Smiley

True, it is still winter after all. Most people still keep their doors closed.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: