Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 09:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone please make a steem clone  (Read 14345 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 6780

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:31:32 PM

Here is an example of a Steemit Fork
https://github.com/Someguy123/understeem
Well, but that forks only the Steemit website, not the Steem cryptocurrency behind it. The latter would be, as far as I know, a license infringement because Steem is not open source (it's "source-available" or "shared source", but it forbids you to create a clone with a new genesis block).

I have an idea of a re-implementation of a similar (but a bit different) content monetization scheme, based on an already existing coin. But it will take some time Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anshk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:04:11 PM

I guess no one yet had cloned steem ever since? I thought newbium was just one.  Maybe you guys are requesting a clone to a wrong crowd, there are hardcore programmers can do this in less than a week. its the money talk that can make it work, how much would someone pay for steem.
Mzai620

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:04:42 AM

I don't think that just cloning a coin is good idea. Simple clone would never be as popular as original design.
What you want to is introduce EEE doctrine. Which means - embrace, extend, and exterminate.
This is known strategy Microsoft uses as main way to conquer the market; they first copy existing idea, hone it to the perfection and then you can kill original idea and control and monopolize this idea.
anshk

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:18:00 AM

it is based on Graphene, so the same DPoS consensus for the blockchain. I haven't looked in much more detail beyond that. I read they were offer rewards via voting, which IMO was one of the major blunders of Steem.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:33:11 AM

I guess no one yet had cloned steem ever since? I thought newbium was just one.  Maybe you guys are requesting a clone to a wrong crowd, there are hardcore programmers can do this in less than a week. its the money talk that can make it work, how much would someone pay for steem.

it is based on Graphene, so the same DPoS consensus for the blockchain. I haven't looked in much more detail beyond that. I read they were offer rewards via voting, which IMO was one of the major blunders of Steem.

Ohh my freaking Goat! Really bad offense dude. This will really net you bamned. No question about that. You should've known better than to copy paste the posts of others.
I feel sad for you, but sad to say, you deserve it. People like you do not belong to this community. You are making this forum look bad.

I'm sorry i had to say all these things, i just couldn't stop myself. Specially when what you did is too obvious and has been done twice on the same thread .. tsk tsk..
gurnor28

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:39:07 PM

I have a website which is another take on quora or stackoverflow which is basically explaining things with use of analogies. If someone has knowledge of steemit and would like to work with me to create a similar concept i am all ears Smiley
zappl

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 05:33:47 PM

Here is an example of a Steemit Fork
https://github.com/Someguy123/understeem
Well, but that forks only the Steemit website, not the Steem cryptocurrency behind it. The latter would be, as far as I know, a license infringement because Steem is not open source (it's "source-available" or "shared source", but it forbids you to create a clone with a new genesis block).

I have an idea of a re-implementation of a similar (but a bit different) content monetization scheme, based on an already existing coin. But it will take some time Wink

Steemd the backend of the blockchain was made opensource long ago.
https://steemit.com/steemit/@steemitblog/steemd-is-now-completely-free-to-use-with-an-mit-license

https://github.com/steemit/steem

Considering golos is a steem clone and there is another as well that used steem code.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 6780

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:52:37 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 10:51:49 PM by d5000

Thanks! You are right, this license change was in April 2017, long before I wrote that answer. I had visited the code repository, the last time, somewhen in late 2016 or early 2017.

Considering golos is a steem clone and there is another as well that used steem code.

Looked at Golos briefly. It is Russian-only (?) and seems to have been started in 2016, before the Steem license change?

For those interested:

https://golos.io/
ANN thread
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/  (Rank 500+)

If you remember the other Steem clone, I would be interested if you post it. The simple reason: A Steem with less whale power would be an interesting project, although I'm still not convinced of the concept of storing everything on the blockchain.

I also found this old Steemit article: A Comparison of Steem/Steemit Clones and Competitors and Why They Made Me Invest More Here. But none of them seems to be a real "clone".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:00:22 PM

Looked at Golos briefly. It is Russian-only (?) and seems to have been started in 2016, before the Steem license change?

Yes, they had a direct deal with Steemit Inc.

Since the license is now open source that isn't necessary for future forks.
zappl

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 01:03:53 PM

Thanks! You are right, this license change was in April 2017, long before I wrote that answer. I had visited the code repository, the last time, somewhen in late 2016 or early 2017.

For those interested:

https://golos.io/
ANN thread
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/  (Rank 500+)

If you remember the other Steem clone, I would be interested if you post it. The simple reason: A Steem with less whale power would be an interesting project, although I'm still not convinced of the concept of storing everything on the blockchain.

I also found this old Steemit article: A Comparison of Steem/Steemit Clones and Competitors and Why They Made Me Invest More Here. But none of them seems to be a real "clone".

Its not purely Russian people from other lang's can post as well they just don't tend to earn as much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: