Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 351 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][rICO]Antshares Blockchain Mainnet is ONLINE!  (Read 1300510 times)
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:01:46 PM

yes, i still have my private key.

shortly after the end of the ico i was able to claim my ans. i saw my balance in the wallet and transferred nearly half of it to bittrex.
after a few days i wanted to check my rest-balance and planed to sent the rest to bittrex - because of all the occuring problems about the wallet everywhere.
i tried to open the wallet nearly 1000 times....
in the end i deleted the wallet -and the address with the ans.
it is the first address that is created, when you are installing the windows wallet.
 i still do not understand, why the ans were not transferred to the address that we received during the ico. after claimiing the ans i see the confirmation that the ans were sent to this ico-address and not to the deleted one....

i have created a new wallet and imported the privatekey.... balance "0".
"restore account" doesn't work either because the list is empty.

the ans team has no idea how i can get my ans from antcha, despite i am still having my privatekey.

This is very odd indeed. As you say, normally the address created when you first create a wallet isn't supposed to hold ANS (unless you transferred them to it explicitely ...). So is your remaining ANS (those that you didn' transfer to Bittrex) on your ICO address or on another address (on antcha)? If they are on your ICO address (the one that you hold the private key for), I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to import it once again ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bailo

Activity: 700
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:30:02 PM

shortly after the end of the ico i was able to claim my ans. i saw my balance in the wallet and transferred nearly half of it to bittrex.
after a few days i wanted to check my rest-balance and planed to sent the rest to bittrex - because of all the occuring problems about the wallet everywhere.
it is the first address that is created, when you are installing the windows wallet.
 i still do not understand, why the ans were not transferred to the address that we received during the ico. after claimiing the ans i see the confirmation that the ans were sent to this ico-address and not to the deleted one....

the ans team has no idea how i can get my ans from antcha, despite i am still having my privatekey.

This is very odd indeed. As you say, normally the address created when you first create a wallet isn't supposed to hold ANS (unless you transferred them to it explicitely ...). So is your remaining ANS (those that you didn' transfer to Bittrex) on your ICO address or on another address (on antcha)? If they are on your ICO address (the one that you hold the private key for), I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to import it once again ...

the ans-team told me, that the claimed ans were/are in the wallet that was first created. when i claimed my ans the were to the right address - that one we received during the ico. how they came to the deleted address - nobody knows. i still don't know how to sent ans from one wallet to another.
my remaining ans are in the deleted first created address. i see the address and i see the ans at antcha. i have been told that antcha has nothing to with the ans-team. "antcha is a read-only blockchain explorer, not even made by our team it's a community work".
Bailo

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:31:28 PM

hello. i am i big trouble. according to all the problems with the windows wallet, i deleted/shredded my wallet with mcaffee and opened a new  one.
so at the moment my ans are in nowwhere land ( i can still see them antcha ).

despite all efforts the ans-team is not able to help me.
these are their last words:
"Dev told me the situation is different now: you need to seek help from somewhere else.

You need to somehow restore the shredded db3 file.

Search for help with Mcafee is possibly the best way, just tell them you need to restore a shredded file.

Or, seek help from professional hard drive engineers, there are ways to restore deleted files physically from your hard drive.

That db3 file, which comprises your private key to the target address, is the only way to get your ANS back."

can anybody help me? i know i made a big mistake....
just find some data recovery software online, that should probably work out fine. I leave the googling of a trustworthy program to you.

where can i find this recovery data???
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 07:35:29 PM

the ans-team told me, that the claimed ans were/are in the wallet that was first created. when i claimed my ans the were to the right address - that one we received during the ico. how they came to the deleted address - nobody knows. i still don't know how to sent ans from one wallet to another.
my remaining ans are in the deleted first created address. i see the address and i see the ans at antcha. i have been told that antcha has nothing to with the ans-team. "antcha is a read-only blockchain explorer, not even made by our team it's a community work".

hey hey Smiley you may want to try the method i posted earlier, its the one i have used to import users key for them Smiley

i offered to do it for you, but it's TOTALLY cool if you don't trust your priv key given out, that's the best policy in crypto!

1: fresh sync from block one with NO wallet imported
2: create wallet, import key to it
3: "rebuild database" with wallet loaded and full synced.
4: Poof, TX appears! (and they usually have between 40k-90k confirms, so it's def a bug :/ )

Have you considered taking it to a local shop for digital recovery of the actual wallet file? that may be an option:)

i hope you can recover it! would be a shame to lose your coins, but alas, i think every user has lost some coins along the way by "human error" (usually destroyed wallets/keys)
so its a lesson we all learn, just some with bigger losses than others :/
Best of Luck!

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
kaicrypzen

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 08:12:16 PM

Ok. So, if I understand correctly, for some unknown reason your ANS went from your ICO address to the address that was added when you first created the wallet.
What you experience makes sense then: On one hand, you don't have the private key of the deleted address (the one that now holds your ANS) so you can not import it, on the other hand you have the private key of your ICO address (which is empty), that explains the balance being 0 when you import it.
Unfortunately, it seems the only solution is to try to recover your wallet file, as I've never done that, I can't advise on a software, you can search the web for "data recovery" and see what you get. Having said that, as you talked earlier about shreding, I don't know if there's still a chance of recovering it ... I hope it works out.

CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 08:19:11 PM

Ok. So, if I understand correctly, for some unknown reason your ANS went from your ICO address to the address that was added when you first created the wallet.
What you experience makes sense then: On one hand, you don't have the private key of the deleted address (the one that now holds your ANS) so you can not import it, on the other hand you have the private key of your ICO address (which is empty), that explains the balance being 0 when you import it.
Unfortunately, it seems the only solution is to try to recover your wallet file, as I've never done that, I can't advise on a software, you can search the web for "data recovery" and see what you get. Having said that, as you talked earlier about shreding, I don't know if there's still a chance of recovering it ... I hope it works out.

ya, if that's what happened your right. :/ his ONLY chance is to recover that wallet file Sad importing even with recovery methods will just give 0 balance Sad
ya man, even google up a data recovery program or take it to a shop if need be. (if the amount of ANS is worth it)

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Bailo

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 08:54:55 PM

ya, if that's what happened your right. :/ his ONLY chance is to recover that wallet file Sad importing even with recovery methods will just give 0 balance Sad
ya man, even google up a data recovery program or take it to a shop if need be. (if the amount of ANS is worth it)

well, the fact that for unknown reason my ans went from my ico address to the first created one makes me a little bit sad and helpless - i have done nothing wrong.
for me the only address i was looking at was the ico address.at the time i shreded it the balance was "0". so at that moment i deleted a address/wallet with nothing to loose.
the only big mistake was shreding the wallet. but i did this after nearly 1.000 fruitless attempts to open my wallet.

yes, indeed it is  quite worth to recover the wallet.... Undecided

what private key are you talking about? all the time i have used only one privatekey - the one we received at the ico.
even if the wallet could be recovered - i have no other privatekey.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 08:56:41 PM

When antcoin to be in enxchange?
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 09:02:44 PM

well, the fact that for unknown reason my ans went from my ico address to the first created one makes me a little bit sad and helpless - i have done nothing wrong.
for me the only address i was looking at was the ico address.at the time i shreded it the balance was "0". so at that moment i deleted a address/wallet with nothing to loose.
the only big mistake was shreding the wallet. but i did this after nearly 1.000 fruitless attempts to open my wallet.

yes, indeed it is  quite worth to recover the wallet.... Undecided

what private key are you talking about? all the time i have used only one privatekey - the one we received at the ico.

ya the real question is why it MOVED to begin with , your right :/

whats the public ANS address ? lets see where it went Smiley (make sure you weren't hacked and it went to polo or something)
the privkey will i believe be the one thats starts with an "L"

kaicrypzen

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:09:35 PM

Each address has an associated private key. You have the private key associated with your ICO address, however this one has 0 ANS so you are able to import it but you have 0.

Your ANS are on another address of which you don't have the private key, so you can not import it.

If you recover the wallet file, then there is no need for private keys, everything is stored in it. (you just need your password)

And to know why/when/how the funds moved, you can try tracking the transactions to and from your ICO address and the address you deleted. As CjMapope suggested you can copy/paste the ANS addresses so that we can help with that (unless you don't want to make your balance public).

frankmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:35:51 AM

When antcoin to be in enxchange?

I guess this will take some time before it will be added, for most exchanges the current volume of antcoin is too low at the moment, maybe it will be added in a couple of months.
Bailo

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

Each address has an associated private key. You have the private key associated with your ICO address, however this one has 0 ANS so you are able to import it but you have 0.

Your ANS are on another address of which you don't have the private key, so you can not import it.

If you recover the wallet file, then there is no need for private keys, everything is stored in it. (you just need your password)

And to know why/when/how the funds moved, you can try tracking the transactions to and from your ICO address and the address you deleted. As CjMapope suggested you can copy/paste the ANS addresses so that we can help with that (unless you don't want to make your balance public).

i have already find out how and when they moved. it is more important to get to know WHO has moved the coins to the deleted address.
i claimed my coins to this address: AP6MFQsVZ61vjL7sWbZaN4FfGLWUwedgMB
from this address i sent for testing 5 coins and then 9700 coins to my bittrex address.
the rest remains at the ico address.

then the rest was moved to this address:  AcMXS3fwrqY4kLDH98NcmH699966jHLGw5
this address/wallet was shreded. and now the coins are still in this address and i can see them at antcha.

but nobody is able to sent these coins back to my wallet.

if there is somebody out there who can bring these coins back - i will reward him for his work....

it seems not be impossible...
kaicrypzen

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 01:34:17 PM

i have already find out how and when they moved. it is more important to get to know WHO has moved the coins to the deleted address.
from this address i sent for testing 5 coins and then 9700 coins to my bittrex address.

this address/wallet was shreded. and now the coins are still in this address and i can see them at antcha.

if there is somebody out there who can bring these coins back - i will reward him for his work....

Okay, so what happened here is:
- You claimed 19705 to AP6MFQsVZ61vjL7sWbZaN4FfGLWUwedgMB (ICO address).
- You sent 5 to APeaegpDyceav7BaecxeNJYHoBx6pjSxHy (Bittrex address). When you did that it seems the remaining ANS (the 19700) were automatically transferred to the address that was created with the wallet (which is AcMXS3fwrqY4kLDH98NcmH699966jHLGw5, your deleted address), so, from your first transfer your ICO address was emptied.
- You then sent 9700. The ANS went from AcMXS3fwrqY4kLDH98NcmH699966jHLGw5 to APeaegpDyceav7BaecxeNJYHoBx6pjSxHy. (and 10000 were sent from AcMXS3fwrqY4kLDH98NcmH699966jHLGw5 to AcMXS3fwrqY4kLDH98NcmH699966jHLGw5 i.e. didn't move).
- At that time AcMXS3fwrqY4kLDH98NcmH699966jHLGw5 (deleted address) had 10000 and APeaegpDyceav7BaecxeNJYHoBx6pjSxHy (Bittrex address) had 9705.
- Now, the Bittrex address balance is 5 (9700 were transferred somewhere, maybe sold?) and the deleted address balance is 10000.

So, it seems that when one transfers ANS from an address imported in the wallet (in your case the ICO address), the remaining ANS are transferred to the first address of the wallet (the deleted address).

Everybody should make sure to store the private keys of all their addresses, in case something like that happens.

As for recovering, simply put, getting a private key based on an address is impossible. The only hope you have is to recover your wallet file.

hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 01:39:46 PM

Ok, now that you stated you sent some coins out, it sounds like the "change" issue - you sent coins out, the "change" was returned to a new address in your wallet which you then deleted without having backed up the private key for the change address.

So without the private key, you need to recover that deleted wallet or your coins are lost. If you "shredded" it meaning the file was overwritten, then the wallet is most likely gone for good.

I'd like to point out that this is not a "bug" or an error on the part of the Antshares dev - the Antshares wallet operates in the same way as a Bitcoin wallet with change addresses. However, if the user is unaware of this it can lead to lost coins (the devs reported it already happened to someone else), They also stated they will be changing this feature in a future wallet release.
Bailo

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:41:26 PM

Ok, now that you stated you sent some coins out, it sounds like the "change" issue - you sent coins out, the "change" was returned to a new address in your wallet which you then deleted without having backed up the private key for the change address.

So without the private key, you need to recover that deleted wallet or your coins are lost. If you "shredded" it meaning the file was overwritten, then the wallet is most likely gone for good.

I'd like to point out that this is not a "bug" or an error on the part of the Antshares dev - the Antshares wallet operates in the same way as a Bitcoin wallet with change addresses. However, if the user is unaware of this it can lead to lost coins (the devs reported it already happened to someone else), They also stated they will be changing this feature in a future wallet release.

mh???
i claimed my coins and they were sent to the address i am holding the private key  - and still holding.

till today i do not understand why we first have to create another new address ( the address where the coins get lost ), before the ans where sent to my ico address.
for the ico address i am still holding my privatekey ( and it is backed up ).
i did not see the necessity why i should have keep a privatekey ( where could i have found it???) for something that i never planned to use ( the deleted address ).
i took part in several ico's so far, but never before it was so complicated to get coins from an ico and control them after claiming/ transferring them.
( lisk, waves, peerplays, blockpay, stratis.... )
quite a lot of people are just amateurs in the world of crypto - not experts, but they are prepared to invest their money in ico's - knowing that they can loose their money.
it is not the fact that i might loose this money, it is the way how it happens....
and it as you told us - ans team is planing to change something in the future... but this is to late for me!!!
kaicrypzen

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:04:46 PM

mh???
i claimed my coins and they were sent to the address i am holding the private key  - and still holding.

till today i do not understand why we first have to create another new address ( the address where the coins get lost ), before the ans where sent to my ico address.
i did not see the necessity why i should have keep a privatekey ( where could i have found it???) for something that i never planned to use ( the deleted address ).
i took part in several ico's so far, but never before it was so complicated to get coins from an ico and control them after claiming/ transferring them.
quite a lot of people are just amateurs in the world of crypto - not experts, but they are prepared to invest their money in ico's - knowing that they can loose their money.
it is not the fact that i might loose this money, it is the way how it happens....
and it as you told us - ans team is planing to change something in the future... but this is to late for me!!!

The private key of your ICO address doesn't serve any purpose now that it is empty ...

You create a wallet and a new address is created in the process, you then import whatever address you hold the private key of, in your wallet.

You can get the private key if you right-click on your address and then "View Private Key", you'll find it in "WIF". Yes I understand that you didn't see the use of storing it, but you never know ...

That's very unfortunate, as you say, a lot of people do not know about this and I don't remember reading something about it on this thread ...

Try to see if you can find some data recovery service, however the more you use your computer the less you have a chance to recover your lost files (in case there was a chance to begin with) :/

Bailo

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:41:47 PM

mh???

The private key of your ICO address doesn't serve any purpose now that it is empty ...

You create a wallet and a new address is created in the process, you then import whatever address you hold the private key of, in your wallet.

You can get the private key if you right-click on your address and then "View Private Key", you'll find it in "WIF". Yes I understand that you didn't see the use of storing it, but you never know ...

That's very unfortunate, as you say, a lot of people do not know about this and I don't remember reading something about it on this thread ...

Try to see if you can find some data recovery service, however the more you use your computer the less you have a chance to recover your lost files (in case there was a chance to begin with) :/

yes, indeed it is very unfortunate that you can't read anything about saving the privatekey of the new created wallet ( which will normaly never be used ).

every wallet is different and it takes some till you out all the things: backup, 2 fa....

i saved the privatekey from the ico,because this has been told so many times: WHEN YOU LOOSE YOUR PRIVATEKEY...." this was one of the first things i have done: saving my private key. but no furhter instructions about how the wallet would work and just to click on "view private key" and also make a backup oft the first created wallet. it would have been so  easy, if somebody told me before.

hopefully these experience will help to improve the windows wallet ,but for me it was a quite expensive experience!!!! Cry

i have never lost a coin this way before. so before your are shred your wallet ( for what reasons ever ) have look for any kind of backups or just leave the wallet how it is, improvements are coming sooner or later....!!!

so, before you want to delete or shred a wallet file in the future -  think about the guy who shreded his wallet with mcaffee and didn't make a backup of the existing privatekeys.... Wink
frankmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:14:06 PM

mh???

yes, indeed it is very unfortunate that you can't read anything about saving the privatekey of the new created wallet ( which will normaly never be used ).

every wallet is different and it takes some till you out all the things: backup, 2 fa....

i saved the privatekey from the ico,because this has been told so many times: WHEN YOU LOOSE YOUR PRIVATEKEY...." this was one of the first things i have done: saving my private key. but no furhter instructions about how the wallet would work and just to click on "view private key" and also make a backup oft the first created wallet. it would have been so  easy, if somebody told me before.

hopefully these experience will help to improve the windows wallet ,but for me it was a quite expensive experience!!!! Cry

i have never lost a coin this way before. so before your are shred your wallet ( for what reasons ever ) have look for any kind of backups or just leave the wallet how it is, improvements are coming sooner or later....!!!

so, before you want to delete or shred a wallet file in the future -  think about the guy who shreded his wallet with mcaffee and didn't make a backup of the existing privatekeys.... Wink

Why would you delete the address that has been created when saving the wallet in the first place?
Or the very least first save the wallet to a different external drive/usb stick before doing so?

Nobody told me a thing and I just didn't delete the address 'just in case' it is obviously not a standard qt wallet like other coins have and therefore precaution is needed when using it.

It does suck that the lesson had to be so expensive for you, but some common sense is needed from time to time.
Bailo

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:51:47 PM

mh???

Why would you delete the address that has been created when saving the wallet in the first place?
Or the very least first save the wallet to a different external drive/usb stick before doing so?

Nobody told me a thing and I just didn't delete the address 'just in case' it is obviously not a standard qt wallet like other coins have and therefore precaution is needed when using it.

It does suck that the lesson had to be so expensive for you, but some common sense is needed from time to time.

well, like i have written a little bit earlier, in the begining the wallet worked - not fine,but working.
than the trouble started. crashing again and again, no balance about my remaining ans left in the wallet and so on....
after installing and crashing nearly 100 times i was totally frustrated. i just wanted to get the rest of my ans out of this ico to an exchange, where  i feel much more comfortable.
so finally i deleted/shreded the wallte to start again.
why should i make a backup of a wallet that is not working corectly and showing the wrong balance/or no balance ( there was no information in the wallet about my remaining ans after transferring one part to bittrex)Huh?

by the way, what is a standard qt wallet?

as i mentioned before - not every investor is an expert in crypto. and it is much more difficult for people if the discussion is filled with technical terms and the used languange is not your native language...

look at antcha: if you want to see your balance, it is just written in chinese,not even in english. i asked several times for translation, but i took  a really long time untill somebody helped me. at that time my was already shreded.

kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:26:29 AM

well, like i have written a little bit earlier, in the begining the wallet worked - not fine,but working.
than the trouble started. crashing again and again, no balance about my remaining ans left in the wallet and so on....
after installing and crashing nearly 100 times i was totally frustrated. i just wanted to get the rest of my ans out of this ico to an exchange, where  i feel much more comfortable.
so finally i deleted/shreded the wallte to start again.
why should i make a backup of a wallet that is not working corectly and showing the wrong balance/or no balance ( there was no information in the wallet about my remaining ans after transferring one part to bittrex)Huh?

by the way, what is a standard qt wallet?

as i mentioned before - not every investor is an expert in crypto. and it is much more difficult for people if the discussion is filled with technical terms and the used languange is not your native language...

look at antcha: if you want to see your balance, it is just written in chinese,not even in english. i asked several times for translation, but i took  a really long time untill somebody helped me. at that time my was already shreded.

Reading at your posts, looks like theres nothing else to do but to try to recover the database, try googling about how to do it but from my experience its really not an easy thing to do (might be because im not expert on this), i only tried it once with seagate's software, try to find the best and easiest one to use. But i think it will be better to just find a service near your place if there is any (its quite expensive here), just dont forget to backup your current data and change if theres any important data on your drive after just to be safe, as you are about to ask other people to see your datas.
Ive tried to remind people to save the private key of any addresses on the wallet before sending, just in case something like this happen, i hope you could get your ans back, good luck
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 351 »
  Print  

Jump to: