Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PASC] PascalCoin: Induplicatable NFT  (Read 990665 times)
Skybuck

Activity: 384
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:31:33 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 09:29:35 PM by Skybuck

Hey tlaskow... thx for the pictures... funny to see rig involved.... kinda noticed this on the testnet4... i7... 8 cores or something...

Here is a hint... my dual core AMD x2 3800+ can only do 1/20 th of your machine ! Cheesy  if both cores running.

I will however try and optimize the randomhash code here and there to see how much I can squeeze out of it Smiley

I think you wrong about the gpu/asic part though.

The GPU hash algorithm is still present in the pascalcoinminer... but it will become completely useless soon... I tried mining with it... but it gives wrong results for pascalcoin v4.

Mining must be done with the -C option on the testnet v4 as far as I can tell.

And since this code randomhash and such is as far as I know pascal only at the time being there is no real way of running this on a GPU... it would have to be converted to C first... or some "magic" pascal to "intermediate" and then to ptx/opencl/cuda or whatever... don't think such a compiler exists yet though I could be wrong Wink

The sha256 part of randomhash might be executed on gpu... but randomhash uses many many many hashing algorithm... so this would give it a slight boost.... but the source code of the pascalcoinminer would first have to be adjusted a bit...

Here is a question for you:

Did you already try to optimize randomhash while running it on testnet v4 ? Did you change any code yet ? Wink Smiley

Oh in regards to your rigs.... Yes they do look fine... their aircooling look fine.... I would still be a bit worried about my own rigs though... they may even have better airflow... but what kind of stress can memory chips truely take ? Hmmm... Well you have been running it a lot... so for now I would guess it's probably alright for now...

The laptop overheat... probably related to CPU just getting to hot... so maybe I got a little scare there.... I have never really hard of a system overheating because of too much RAM activity... so I may be way off... or perhaps this is something new... I am just not sure... and I don't have a real way to tell... Sad

But perhaps in the future hardware will have temperature readings on RAM chips as well... that be nice Wink

Building special machine is probably the way to go for cryptocoin mining.

But this is also why it may fail... the idea of "average joe" mining on his "main rig" is probably an illusion... most people will probably consider their computers to important to do this... especially if it's work related...

So these cryptocoin miners... do provide some service and are running servers... so the idea of "distributing" cryptocoins fairly... is slightly flawed... ofcourse anybody could buy a second computer and just run it on that... (most people probably won't do this though thinking it's a waste of money... so in that sense this distribution idea is flawed...)

* update *

There are still a few days before main net switches over... so this should give some days of more testing on TESTNET v4.

Later today I will leave the laptop on running at 1 core or so... with 1 miner... just to see if "my" laptop can still get some coins VERSUS your BEAST ! LOL.

Pls leave beast running as normal... just to see if """my""" laptop can get some coins "fairly" too Smiley

Since I am using internet connection sharing... might as well launch this f*cker now so I can keep an eye on it...

Shitty german laptop here it comes ! =D

*** UPDATE 2 ***:

HAHA !!!!

Success !!! =D LOL.

Shitty German Laptop was able to mine a block on TESTNET v4 !

See block number 146693 on TESTNET v4 safebox/blockchain ! =D

I am starting to like this new hashing method ! LOL =D

*** Update 3 ***:

I can mine on laptop with 1 miner, with two miners the laptop overheats and shuts down ! HAHA. At least that's what I think is happening. It's kinda weird though... it's not even getting that hot... perhaps there is some heat setting somewhere... This time I also "lifted up" the laptop a little bit... to let cold air flow under it... still overheated/shutdown hmm...

Will try my DreamPC next for the fun of it... hopefully it won't get damaged Wink Don't think it will... bit risky but fun. It must update the blockchain first though... hmm..

Bye,
  Skybuck =D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:31:20 PM

PASC is going back to CPU only mining? Shocked

No.  GPUs and ASICs will still work.
It's a hard fork, but it doesn't mean the original PascalCoin hash algorithm is being "abandoned" for those who can afford tens of thousands in hardware.  Wink

Ahh, too bad. I liked it when it was CPU only.  Wink

Go Big or Go Home.
tlaskows

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

Join GANTECH’s team of game changers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 09:48:46 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 11:40:05 PM by tlaskows

Hey tlaskow... thx for the pictures... funny to see rig involved.... kinda noticed this on the testnet4... i7... 8 cores or something...

Here is a hint... my dual core AMD x2 3800+ can only do 1/20 th of your machine ! Cheesy  if both cores running.

I will however try and optimize the randomhash code here and there to see how much I can squeeze out of it Smiley

I think you wrong about the gpu/asic part though.

The GPU hash algorithm is still present in the pascalcoinminer... but it will become completely useless soon... I tried mining with it... but it gives wrong results for pascalcoin v4.

Mining must be done with the -C option on the testnet v4 as far as I can tell.

And since this code randomhash and such is as far as I know pascal only at the time being there is no real way of running this on a GPU... it would have to be converted to C first... or some "magic" pascal to "intermediate" and then to ptx/opencl/cuda or whatever... don't think such a compiler exists yet though I could be wrong Wink

The sha256 part of randomhash might be executed on gpu... but randomhash uses many many many hashing algorithm... so this would give it a slight boost.... but the source code of the pascalcoinminer would first have to be adjusted a bit...

Here is a question for you:

Did you already try to optimize randomhash while running it on testnet v4 ? Did you change any code yet ? Wink Smiley

Oh in regards to your rigs.... Yes they do look fine... their aircooling look fine.... I would still be a bit worried about my own rigs though... they may even have better airflow... but what kind of stress can memory chips truely take ? Hmmm... Well you have been running it a lot... so for now I would guess it's probably alright for now...

The laptop overheat... probably related to CPU just getting to hot... so maybe I got a little scare there.... I have never really hard of a system overheating because of too much RAM activity... so I may be way off... or perhaps this is something new... I am just not sure... and I don't have a real way to tell... Sad

But perhaps in the future hardware will have temperature readings on RAM chips as well... that be nice Wink

Building special machine is probably the way to go for cryptocoin mining.

But this is also why it may fail... the idea of "average joe" mining on his "main rig" is probably an illusion... most people will probably consider their computers to important to do this... especially if it's work related...

So these cryptocoin miners... do provide some service and are running servers... so the idea of "distributing" cryptocoins fairly... is slightly flawed... ofcourse anybody could buy a second computer and just run it on that... (most people probably won't do this though thinking it's a waste of money... so in that sense this distribution idea is flawed...)

* update *

There are still a few days before main net switches over... so this should give some days of more testing on TESTNET v4.

Later today I will leave the laptop on running at 1 core or so... with 1 miner... just to see if "my" laptop can still get some coins VERSUS your BEAST ! LOL.

Pls leave beast running as normal... just to see if """my""" laptop can get some coins "fairly" too Smiley

Since I am using internet connection sharing... might as well launch this f*cker now so I can keep an eye on it...

Shitty german laptop here it comes ! =D

*** UPDATE 2 ***:

HAHA !!!!

Success !!! =D LOL.

Shitty German Laptop was able to mine a block on TESTNET v4 !

See block number 146693 on TESTNET v4 safebox/blockchain ! =D

I am starting to like this new hashing method ! LOL =D

*** Update 3 ***:

I can mine on laptop with 1 miner, with two miners the laptop overheats and shuts down ! HAHA. At least that's what I think is happening. It's kinda weird though... it's not even getting that hot... perhaps there is some heat setting somewhere... This time I also "lifted up" the laptop a little bit... to let cold air flow under it... still overheated/shutdown hmm...

Will try my DreamPC next for the fun of it... hopefully it won't get damaged Wink Don't think it will... bit risky but fun. It must update the blockchain first though... hmm..

Bye,
  Skybuck =D

Those are not special machines.  Windows 10 gaming computers.  VR (add any catchphrase here) ready.
I build them to last.  I do pro music  (DAWs are very hard to build right), graphics, video too.  The CPU will be the bottleneck when it throttles.

Those i7-4770ks BTW.  I paid 300$ for.  For 2 of them used.  Newer tech doesn't mean faster.

The CPU socket needs to be able to dissipate 120 watts of electricity (in 4770k OC case).  A fan cooler won't do.

Again.  Don't mine on a laptop.  And even with a desktop grade CPU.  Don't load all the cores on an air cooler.
I had 3 cores loaded and was able to play Worms Revolution without any slowdowns.

Hint:  I rarely use Windows.  On Linux, install lm-sensors.  And run
Code:
watch -n .1 sensors
.  You can see the temperatures of most common parts in real time that way.

The Beast actually runs Linux.

GANTECH | End-User Computing Solutions
http://gantech.net/who-we-are/our-leaders/
Skybuck

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:12:22 AM

Heya Folks,

Even my DreamPC from 2006 was cable of mining a few blocks/coins. Will keep hash rate secret for now lol.

The fastest core did it, core 2 (2.0 ghz and much slower memory probably then todays machines Wink).

It is possible to include spaces in the miner name by using -n "Miner name".

So encapsulate it with " " in batch file/prompt commands to do it right.

For the time being all miners stopped maybe later I will do some more testing =D thanks for testing guys ! =D

Bye for now,
  Skybuck.
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 12:48:43 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 01:01:34 AM by tlaskows

Heya Folks,

Even my DreamPC from 2006 was cable of mining a few blocks/coins. Will keep hash rate secret for now lol.

The fastest core did it, core 2 (2.0 ghz and much slower memory probably then todays machines Wink).

It is possible to include spaces in the miner name by using -n "Miner name".

So encapsulate it with " " in batch file/prompt commands to do it right.

For the time being all miners stopped maybe later I will do some more testing =D thanks for testing guys ! =D

Bye for now,
  Skybuck.

The RAM speed does not matter.  Any RAM will do.  I am running single channel DDR3 on my gaming computer.  Bandwidth of 9GB/s on a good day.  Latency horrid.
I read the PIP-0009.  It's for low end hardware.  That means any old junk will do.
The whole point is to keep the network running without wasting electricity.  Core 2 series used 65 nm process (I think), which generates as much heat as today's low end 14nm process. 
Ryzen 5 series for example.  They are terrible in terms of heat/performance, but affordable.

You started with "I found a free laptop", now you have 7 dream PCs.  Please keep the forum clean.

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 01:19:00 AM

@nightraven
@polyminer
@jason

How many blocks per month would an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x be able so solve?
I ran the TESTNET on various old CPUs and have no clue which one to use.

I have this one.  But it only has a fan controller with fans hooked up to it.   Huh

Run them all independently, so they all have seperate work. Maybe I'm wrong, if so please correct.

Polyminer released his open source RandomHash today. Get it and be ready for hard fork on Nov 15.

Sources : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer
Binaries : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer/tree/master/Release

I did try that.  One server node and few local mining nodes.  I only have one IP address.

Would you happen to have the link to the miner source code?  I have been using the one from official repository.  It compiles and runs fine.
But Polyminer worked on RandomHash, so I would rather use his code.  He probably has GitHub.  I shall look for it later.

Thanks.

Skybuck

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:18:38 AM

@nightraven
@polyminer
@jason

How many blocks per month would an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x be able so solve?
I ran the TESTNET on various old CPUs and have no clue which one to use.

I have this one.  But it only has a fan controller with fans hooked up to it.   Huh

Run them all independently, so they all have seperate work. Maybe I'm wrong, if so please correct.

Polyminer released his open source RandomHash today. Get it and be ready for hard fork on Nov 15.

Sources : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer
Binaries : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer/tree/master/Release

I did try that.  One server node and few local mining nodes.  I only have one IP address.

Would you happen to have the link to the miner source code?  I have been using the one from official repository.  It compiles and runs fine.
But Polyminer worked on RandomHash, so I would rather use his code.  He probably has GitHub.  I shall look for it later.

Thanks.

The link to polyminer is right there... except there is a 1 behind it... polyminer1... seems to be what you looking for.

I see lots of C/C++ code... some of it is related to randomhash, some of that could be avoided with a delphi to cuda interface library which I have but no others are on the internet as far as I know... so some unneccessary work was done, then again all that c/c++ code will benefit somewhat from c/c++ compiler optimizations perhaps not a lot though. Then there is additional c/c++ source code not really related to random hash only but also stratum and pool mining and such...

Overall it's somewhat interesting... I have GT 520 with only 48 cuda cores... I think this is a fermi based cuda card. I might purchase a GT 720/730 or something like that... which will have 384 cuda cores but still passively cooled and even cooler than GT 520 Wink Not sure what architecture GT 720/730 is or something like that... the asus manufacturer version with blue heatsink. Will look into this later, might also give a nice boost to world of warships Wink Will have to order it online though... cause like PC shops probably don't have it.

I will still try this polyminer/rhminer on this cuda fermi architecture to see if it can work on that as well, if not might require some recompiles here and there and maybe adjustments... older cuda architectures seems supported to... so not sure if rhminer use special cuda 9 features or something... it might though... problem for my machine is visual studio 2017 community edition completely fucked up the installation and deinstallation and probably won't ever work on this system, though this reminds me I do have a windows 10 virtual machine with visual studio 2017 community edition installed, this could probably be used to test/compile this c/c++ source code... that's a little bit interesting... it would be a bit slow to run this vm but doable... could even install additional software... old vmware 8 software though, 32 bit even... but enough to run this... though no cuda support probably... I wonder if newer virtual machine software can "pass through cuda..." like "pass-through graphics drivers" hmmm...

Today there will probably be an AMD presentation about "next horizon"... probably chiplet design of new processor. I also watched some benchmark results. Zen/Threadripper 2920x processor seems like a nice choice if I were to build a new system... this processor can do it all, be productive and still game... the higher models have gaming issues with infinity fabric... the higher models have memory latency issues cause it most be passed from core to core which kinda sucks. I hope their next design will be many cores around a single memory chip to keep memory latencies consistent... that would be awesome.  Then I may wait till 2019 to buy such a system. There is another somewhat problem with this 2920x (promontory chipset) it probably contains hardware backdoors, but nowadays all hardware is pretty vunerable... so perhaps this is a somewhat mute point, but still a concern...

I was wondering what this rhminer thing was during the testing... so now I know... thx jason for informing us about polyminer1's rhminer for cuda and such... not sure if it also runs on opencl (?) anyway was polyminer1 paid to do this work ? I would guess so ? Smiley

https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PIP/PIP-0020.md

Perhaps not though, this pip does not mention anyway salary/payment figures Wink

This rhminer does have option to either pay or not pay 1% to polyminer Smiley I wonder what happens if it is disabled... will it do something weird then ? Smiley

@Jason what are your plans for your coinotron mining pool ?!? Will all your miners upgrade to new randomhash mining software ? How is that proceeding ?

Also does anybody have any idea how this will affect nanopool ?!?!?

I am not sure if polyminer1 read this thread my question for him would be:

1. Did you "profile/benchmark" randomhash with delphi/pascal code first to see where major bottlenecks occur in randomhash ? Or was randomhash simply converted to c/c++ without doing any bottleneck/performance analysis in delphi/pascal code ?
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 04:50:53 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 05:21:17 AM by tlaskows

@Skybuck

Bring it on.  Or go home.

root@the-beast:~/rhminer_Pascal# uname -a
Linux the-beast 4.18.0-kali2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.10-2kali1 (2018-10-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@the-beast:~/rhminer_Pascal# ./rhminer -list

rhminer v0.9 beta for CPU and NVIDIA GPUs by polyminer1 (http://github.com/polyminer1)
  NVIDIA CUDA SDK 9.1

Donations : Pascal account 529692-23
  Donations : Bitcoin address 19GfXGpRJfwcHPx2Nf8wHgMps8Eat1o4Jp

List of gpus and cpus:
GPU0 : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
GPU1 : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
CPU  : Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.40GHz
root@the-beast:~/rhminer_Pascal# nvidia-smi
Mon Nov  5 23:49:28 2018      
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 390.87                 Driver Version: 390.87                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A |
|  0%   39C    P8    14W / 250W |    324MiB / 11175MiB |      1%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:02:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
|  0%   31C    P8     8W / 250W |      2MiB / 11178MiB |      0%      Default |

BTW.  I just tested it.  GPU version works, but it's slower.  You need 9MB of GPU memory per mining thread.
I launched 1024 threads.  Maxed out 11GB on a 1080ti.
Redo your numbers again.   Grin

Skybuck

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:20:10 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 05:31:26 AM by Skybuck

Hi,

I see you tasklow on the blockchain lol... with new rhminer... and some other peeps too.

Tried a few settings.

First rhminer complained about error error no credentials given or something but this was probably the windows firewall still blocking, this was a bit difficult to notice since the entire system went slow cause I tried default string which used 4 threads, only dual core system. After shutting rhminer down the firewall question remained and I answered it... to allow it.

Then re-running rhminer finally worked for cpu setup, example below:

C:\test>rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4109 -cpu 0 -cputhreads 1 -e
xtrapayload HelloWorld

rhminer v0.9 beta for CPU and NVIDIA GPUs by polyminer1 (http://github.com/pol
yminer1)
  NVIDIA CUDA SDK 9.2

Log   06:16:16   Selecting CPU (GPU1) AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3
800+ to mine on 2 cores with 1 threads
Net   06:16:16   Solomining on deamon 127.0.0.1:4109
Log   06:16:16   MiniWeb: Webserver started on port 7111
Net   06:16:16   Received new Work #1. Work target 0x000136df (diff 0.00001257)
Miner 06:16:26   Shares: Accepted 0  Rejected 0  Failed 0 Up for 00:00:10
Miner 06:16:26   Total: CPU XXXXXXXXX H/S. AVG XXXXXXX.00 (X = censored LOL)

The webserver at 7111 is a bit concerning though, but ok Wink

Then I also tried gpu... actually tried this first I think, but unfortunately eventually it gave this error:

C:\test>rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4109 -gpu 0 -gputhreads 32 -
extrapayload HelloWorld

rhminer v0.9 beta for CPU and NVIDIA GPUs by polyminer1 (http://github.com/pol
yminer1)
  NVIDIA CUDA SDK 9.2

Log   06:11:54   Selecting GPU0 GeForce GT 520 to mine with 32 threads
Net   06:11:54   Solomining on deamon 127.0.0.1:4109
Log   06:11:54   MiniWeb: Webserver started on port 7111
Net   06:11:54   Received new Work #1. Work target 0x000165e2 (diff 0.00001091)
GPU0  06:11:54   CUDA call error in cudaSetDevice(m_deviceID) : CUDA driver vers
ion is insufficient for CUDA runtime version.

A quick google learns this is because cuda 9 does not support fermi anymore, last version was cuda 8.

The nice thing is rhminer is a bit more efficient then the pascalcoinminer... something like two or three or four times faster on my system... so that's a nice software upgrade to start with Wink

I tried the kepler version which is lowest/closest to fermi as can be seen here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

Perhaps it's possible to re-compile rhminer with cuda 8 so it can still run on fermi... not sure if rhminer uses cuda 9 features or something... hmmm...

Bye,
  Skybuck.
Skybuck

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:48:28 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 06:10:40 AM by Skybuck

Hmm shitty german laptop just found a block haha !

Then rhminer said: "end of devmode"... "you an awesome person" ! Wink

I wonder what this means exactly.

Perhaps the 1% fee is only for 1 block or something ? and then it's disabled or it's because testnet... not sure...

Hmm I wonder how this fee is applied.

Doesn't seem implemented... see no transactions in operations explorer ? Hmmm...

Maybe that devmode is ment for stratum/mining pools ?

* little update note to consider *:

This time the shitty german laptop is running the rhminer cpu version.... with two threads... and it's hash rate is higher than pascalcoinminer.

However CPU utilization not that much 56% or so... I am kinda amazed that laptop hasn't shutdown yet...

Another explanation might be that the block explorer (if visible) in pascalcoin deadlocks and might make the laptop crash.

But for now I will assume the laptop only crashes/shutsdown if it gets to hot... I could try running more threads... to see if I can force it to overheat again... without showing the block explorer... just to make sure it's not some windows nt kernel dll deadlock that makes this laptop intel cpu crash... but for now I am pooped Smiley and almost time for bed so this will have to wait till tomorrow.

See you ! =D
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 07:32:22 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 01:06:39 PM by tlaskows

Hmm shitty german laptop just found a block haha !

Then rhminer said: "end of devmode"... "you an awesome person" ! Wink

I wonder what this means exactly.

Perhaps the 1% fee is only for 1 block or something ? and then it's disabled or it's because testnet... not sure...

Hmm I wonder how this fee is applied.

Doesn't seem implemented... see no transactions in operations explorer ? Hmmm...

Maybe that devmode is ment for stratum/mining pools ?

* little update note to consider *:

This time the shitty german laptop is running the rhminer cpu version.... with two threads... and it's hash rate is higher than pascalcoinminer.

However CPU utilization not that much 56% or so... I am kinda amazed that laptop hasn't shutdown yet...

Another explanation might be that the block explorer (if visible) in pascalcoin deadlocks and might make the laptop crash.

But for now I will assume the laptop only crashes/shutsdown if it gets to hot... I could try running more threads... to see if I can force it to overheat again... without showing the block explorer... just to make sure it's not some windows nt kernel dll deadlock that makes this laptop intel cpu crash... but for now I am pooped Smiley and almost time for bed so this will have to wait till tomorrow.

See you ! =D

I would say try more threads.  I am stress testing the TESTNET with The Beast.

15 threads at once.  Will it crash or not in 7 hours?

Take a guess...  I called it The Beast for a reason, you know.   Smiley

Update:

6 hours on the TESTNET with CPU maxed out.  Temps did not go above 60 degrees.  Thanks for guessing @Skybuckflying.

BTW.  @Polyminer did an amazing job.  He spent a lot of his own time on this.  I am not removing the dev fee.  That message "Thanks..." is hardcoded.
@Skybuckflying.  He was nice enough to provide the source code and tell you how to remove the dev fee.  Read the GitHub page.

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:24:54 AM

Using rhminer on i7 6700, I got about 600 h/s. That's about +200 more compared to bundled pascalcoinminer.

I get around 600 h/s on an old i7-4770k.  Similar specs to your CPU, just older.  2011 production date stamped on the chip.

BTW.  Polyminer updated to fix some HR status issues.

I tried the Pascal GPU version.  ~200 max on a 1080ti.  Killer speed.   Wink

You can see my old Haswell Xeon on the TESTNET.  I would like to think the HR is off, probably not.

igorsantos

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:18:13 AM

Using rhminer on i7 6700, I got about 600 h/s. That's about +200 more compared to bundled pascalcoinminer.

I get around 600 h/s on an old i7-4770k.  Similar specs to your CPU, just older.  2011 production date stamped on the chip.

You can see my old Haswell Xeon on the TESTNET.  I would like to think the HR is off, probably not.
Can you extract some block with this hashrate?
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:48:37 AM

Can you extract some block with this hashrate?

On TESTNET, I can extract a block with 7 H/s.  But it would take some time.  The difficulty on TESTNET is quite high right now.
This is not a production environment.

To answer your question.  If you would like to support decentralization of PascalCoin, even 200 h/s will do.  600 h/s is very good.  That is a higher end CPU.

Also, you can mine using the GPU version and it does work.  I tested it.  Polyminer posted some benches he did on his GitHub page.

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 01:30:20 PM

@Polyminer

I'm not sure if you check here.

I ran a test on TESTNET.  A combined GPU+CPU mining for several hours.

15 CPU threads + 400 on each 1080ti (I have two in my Linux system).

The average HR was higher than CPU only and GPU miner did find blocks.

Code:
Miner 08:22:01   Total: 2088 H/S (GPU0 160 H/S GPU1 200 H/S CPU 1728 H/S).  AVG 1978.49

Power usage fluctuates, but GPUs run very cool.

Code:
root@the-beast:~# nvidia-smi
Wed Nov  7 08:29:24 2018      
| 46%   67C    P2   113W / 250W |   4694MiB / 11175MiB |    100%      Default |
| 28%   60C    P2   134W / 250W |   4415MiB / 11178MiB |    100%      Default |

I'm not sure how you managed 200 H/S out of a 1060 6GB.  Maybe 1080tis are not suitable.  I have not guessed the correct amount of threads.

The miner did not crash.  OS:  Kali Linux.

Cheers.

~Thomas

tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:31:41 PM

I am rebooting into Windows 10 on this same system.

I suspect that there is a big performance difference.  OS overhead.
I shall verify my suspicions.

Windows chokes every computer I have.  Maybe it's just me.

ivanovmoscow

Activity: 798
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:43:10 PM

This problem is almost everyone who used Microsoft products mate. So much garbage is stuffed from the first days that it is difficult to work with time. In this case, the Apple is all the better. But this is a privilege of a closed operating system rather.
tlaskows

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:56:04 PM

This problem is almost everyone who used Microsoft products mate. So much garbage is stuffed from the first days that it is difficult to work with time. In this case, the Apple is all the better. But this is a privilege of a closed operating system rather.

I don't use M$ products.  Or Apple proprietary.

It's ridiculous.  Takes me several days to delete and disable all the useless stuff in Windows 10 and it still sucks.

I have Kali on my old POS MacBook Pro.

macOS killed it.  Planned obsolesce.  I had more than a dozen of Apple products that died 'accidentally' and none of them were covered under warranty, but they were still on warranty.  Apple considers those normal use wear and tear.

polyminer1

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:32:03 PM

@Polyminer

I'm not sure if you check here.

I ran a test on TESTNET.  A combined GPU+CPU mining for several hours.

15 CPU threads + 400 on each 1080ti (I have two in my Linux system).

The average HR was higher than CPU only and GPU miner did find blocks.

Code:
Miner 08:22:01   Total: 2088 H/S (GPU0 160 H/S GPU1 200 H/S CPU 1728 H/S).  AVG 1978.49

Power usage fluctuates, but GPUs run very cool.

Code:
root@the-beast:~# nvidia-smi
Wed Nov  7 08:29:24 2018      
| 46%   67C    P2   113W / 250W |   4694MiB / 11175MiB |    100%      Default |
| 28%   60C    P2   134W / 250W |   4415MiB / 11178MiB |    100%      Default |

I'm not sure how you managed 200 H/S out of a 1060 6GB.  Maybe 1080tis are not suitable.  I have not guessed the correct amount of threads.

The miner did not crash.  OS:  Kali Linux.

Cheers.

~Thomas

Hi @tlaskows, Indeed CPU+GPU mining is a little bit slower on the cpu side because of the CUDA driver and some internal stuff that occurs in the miner (mainly gpu mining handling !)

As it was stated many times, GPU mining of RandomHash is slower by design. But it has some room for improvement that will come in the later weeks (if all goes well).

If I read correct, you have 400 GPU threads per 1080. I'm, sure you can raise that substantially. Look at the "Ideal CUDA thread count" on the rhminer main page : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer#ideal-cuda-threads-count

Still ~2000 H/s for a system like that is awesome in comparisons to typical systems (i5, i3...)

Cheers.
Polyminer1

polyminer1

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:39:32 PM

I am not sure if polyminer1 read this thread my question for him would be:

1. Did you "profile/benchmark" randomhash with delphi/pascal code first to see where major bottlenecks occur in randomhash ? Or was randomhash simply converted to c/c++ without doing any bottleneck/performance analysis in delphi/pascal code ?

Hi Skybuck, nice to see you here Smiley

RandomHash was written from scratch in C++. That's roughly 9000 lines of code, just for the algorithm, that where R&D, developed, stabilized and optimized over 6 months full time for CPU and CUDA.

As you mentioned sooner, the algo is rough on memory. It makes *A LOT* of random memory access, specially byte access !
This was one of the point to achieve CPU dominance over GPU. The other was an algorithmic optimization that only work on CPU.

Cheers.
Polyminer1
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 »
  Print  

Jump to: