Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253585 times)
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:45:20 PM

The most interesting part is that Iconomi keeps growing its funds due to the BTC rise and next week when LSK pumps it will go even higher. Fun times ahead on all fronts here Smiley

It would be interesting if they promised to pay dividends in USD.
Otherwise it all depends on BTC/ETH price, and the prices of other cryptos they (will) own.
No it doesn't. You can convert your ETH dividends to any currency, crypto or fiat immediately.
I don't see any problem here.

Yes, I can do it, but Iconomi must buy ETH to pay dividends.
If they have 1 BTC now and ETH is for 0.012 then they can buy 83.33(3) ETH, but if ETH will be 0.013 in a month then with the same 1 BTC they will have 76,92 ETH.
If that 1 BTC worth of ETH was used to pay dividends then with lower ETH prices ICN holders would receive more ETH.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:47:25 PM

So ICn to 100k min. before end of 2016?HuhHuh Cheesy
tomkat

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:48:23 PM

The most interesting part is that Iconomi keeps growing its funds due to the BTC rise and next week when LSK pumps it will go even higher. Fun times ahead on all fronts here Smiley

Otherwise it all depends on BTC/ETH price, and the prices of other cryptos they (will) own.
No it doesn't. You can convert your ETH dividends to any currency, crypto or fiat immediately.

Yup, 1BTC worth of ETH is still 1BTC no matter the ETH price.

See above
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 02:49:52 PM

No Wink
Daparski

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:51:24 PM

If they have 1 BTC now and ETH is for 0.012 then they can buy 83.33(3) ETH, but if ETH will be 0.013 in a month then with the same 1 BTC they will have 76,92 ETH.
If that 1 BTC worth of ETH was used to pay dividends then with lower ETH prices ICN holders would receive more ETH.

uuh, what?
Dividends are distributed from realized profits. If they already made profit, why would they buy eth?
At the time those profits were made, their net worth in ETH was X. So each ICN will receive X/100M
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:59:56 PM

I do not enter the purchase order at 0.00000150, it must happen these days

DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:02:00 PM

I do not enter the purchase order at 0.00000150, it must happen these days

WOT M8?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tomkat

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:10:37 PM

uuh, what?
Dividends are distributed from realized profits. If they already made profit, why would they buy eth?
At the time those profits were made, their net worth in ETH was X. So each ICN will receive X/100M

For instance: ICN bought Golem.
If they sold it now on Liqui, they would receive BTC, so in order to pay dividends they would need to buy ETH, right?
kalpit

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:18:54 PM

Well, it depends person to person. Some person may prefer to keep the dividends in Ethereum, some may like to convert it immediately to Bitcoin or Fiat.

Also,  they won't make profits just in Bitcoin. They would be making profits in Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other alt coins. Investing in ico would give them alt coins which would be converted to Ethereum directly.

And my friend, in world of crypto currencies such things are common. Many alt coins are very volatile. Bitcoin too is volatile.

It could also happen the reverse way. Eth / btc rate could also go down .

It you don't want to take such risks convert crypto to fiat immediately.

If they would pay in USD, they would also invite Many legal restrictions.
Daparski

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:20:49 PM

uuh, what?

If they sold it now on Liqui, they would receive BTC, so in order to pay dividends they would need to buy ETH, right?

They have almost 200K eth, they have fiat.. I am not sure why this even matters? You need to get X eth as dividend, you get it. How they get it is their decision.
Paying dividends in fiat?  Grin Grin Are you serious?

BTW - I doubt Iconomi will use Liqui to sell Golem  Smiley
tomkat

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:35:23 PM

uuh, what?

They have almost 200K eth, they have fiat.. I am not sure why this even matters? You need to get X eth as dividend, you get it. How they get it is their decision.

I never said they will use Liqui - read that sentence again please.

Also, I never meant they pay dividends in fiat - just said that BTC rise would matter IF they promised to pay in USD. Obviously 200k ETH can be used for dividens (for the start), but they will need more ETH. You seam to be missing long term perspective. It doesn't really matter what they have now, but in long run they will need to track many exchange rates from/to many cryptos. Profitability of their operations will depend on the performance of their holdings, and countless exchange rates.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:40:48 PM

No Wink

ORLY?!
 Grin

I think all ETH whales should get off ETH death train now and they need to jump ship to ICN!  Imagine that BTC into ICN a better project.....amazing.  The whalebots that pumped ETH woudl then get moving on ICN and it'd flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, eth deeeeed
tomkat

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:42:24 PM

Well, it depends person to person. Some person may prefer to keep the dividends in Ethereum, some may like to convert it immediately to Bitcoin or Fiat.

Also,  they won't make profits just in Bitcoin. They would be making profits in Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other alt coins. Investing in ico would give them alt coins which would be converted to Ethereum directly.

And my friend, in world of crypto currencies such things are common. Many alt coins are very volatile. Bitcoin too is volatile.

It could also happen the reverse way. Eth / btc rate could also go down .

It you don't want to take such risks convert crypto to fiat immediately.

If they would pay in USD, they would also invite Many legal restrictions.

I haven't suggested they should pay in USD - read carefully please.
kalpit

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:52:30 PM

No Wink

ORLY?!
 Grin

I think all ETH whales should get off ETH death train now and they need to jump ship to ICN!  Imagine that BTC into ICN a better project.....amazing.  The whalebots that pumped ETH woudl then get moving on ICN and it'd flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, eth deeeeed

Ethereum is meant for storing and making transactions of your money. You definitely cannot use ICN in place of crypto currency like Bitcoin or Ethereum. They are more widely accepted. You wouldn't see many accepting a share in company in place of payment.
All I mean is icn is not an alternative to Ethereum. They have different purposes.

Remember, ICN  is currently compartment of Ethereum train. If Ethereum train crashes, it would have adverse effects on icn also.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 04:03:44 PM

And somebody knows how to do the math of 5000 Icn?
How much it would be that in dividends??

Did you even take 1 min and read the latest posts? WE do not know yet!

make sure to read at least the FAQ and the 2 AMA on reddit... helps a lot and saves us all time

Daparski

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:53:11 PM

uuh, what?

I never said they will use Liqui - read that sentence again please.

Also, I never meant they pay dividends in fiat - just said that BTC rise would matter IF they promised to pay in USD. Obviously 200k ETH can be used for dividens (for the start), but they will need more ETH. You seam to be missing long term perspective. It doesn't really matter what they have now, but in long run they will need to track many exchange rates from/to many cryptos. Profitability of their operations will depend on the performance of their holdings, and countless exchange rates.

Donno why I get myself into these meaningless conversations..

You never said Liqui, you never said dividends in USD.. Not sure what you said. BTC rise would matter is too general, it's like saying nothing.
I don't think they will pay dividends from ICO money, it would make no sense. Dividends will probably be paid from realized profits. If you don't want to be exposed to any price changes, you can convert them to your favorite toilet paper money.

Really didn't get what this conversation is about.
Motivator

Activity: 381

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:09:10 PM

Nice to see how stable Iconomi is with its current price. Time to purchase more! I can't wait for the future of this project.
tomkat

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:19:18 PM

You never said Liqui, you never said dividends in USD.. Not sure what you said. BTC rise would matter is too general, it's like saying nothing.
I don't think they will pay dividends from ICO money, it would make no sense. Dividends will probably be paid from realized profits. If you don't want to be exposed to any price changes, you can convert them to your favorite toilet paper money.

It's because you're not precise, mixing things up, and constantly changing the scope of the conversation.
Let's not continue to avoid more mess.

However, it's interesting how do you calculate that your investment is profitable?
Example: you bought a coin for 1500 sat and sold for 1700. Did you make profit? Smiley
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

It's because you're not precise, mixing things up, and constantly changing the scope of the conversation.

However, it's interesting how do you calculate that your investment is profitable?
Example: you bought a coin for 1500 sat and sold for 1700. Did you make profit? Smiley

at 1700, I don't think he gained that much, it depends to how much ICN he had.  trading isn't that simple that you can sell the whole quantity you got a the same time.  24k has its sell wall so he should have set it there as well to gain.

tomkat

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:31:43 PM

at 1700, I don't think he gained that much, it depends to how much ICN he had.  trading isn't that simple that you can sell the whole quantity you got a the same time.  24k has its sell wall so he should have set it there as well to gain.

Now you see :-)
I said  "you bought a coin" and electronicash replied "it depends to how much ICN he had" - so he has changed the scope, and we're going nowhere again :-)
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: