Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:58:26 AM

However I do think with the experience so far on this thread we do need some assurances written into the contract  over how and when the shareholders are kept informed and updated on the progress of the business plan. The silence on here from Ken a week ago was deafening. So we need Ken or another AM employee on here everyday answering genuine questions. I think a short sentence in the contract commiting the company to that will keep AM focused and on the ball.
To keep the contract simple, I don't think we need to put that in.  At the moment we have limited amount of time to be on the board, as we are trying to get a number of things put together.  I for one will be flying to our Engineering firm to flash the prototypes in about a week.  Should we get eASIC paid the NRE, I will be working with them in California to the the RTL perfect with 20 hashing engines.  So, there is a lot to do. However, ever since we have started AMC we have put out a number of Press Releases, so much that Ukto on bitfunder limited us to one per week.

Fair enough Ken I'm sure we all understand you have an ever growing business to run but would just ask you to remember that the business is funded by shareholders and without their confidence (in you and your plans) and their backing there is no business. I'm sure you've taken on board the importance of communicating with and being open with shareholders. And especially when they raise valid concerns. Actually to your credit you did recognise the fact that a lot of those being called 'trolls' last week by some thread members were actually making valid criticisms, and to be fair to you you have taken onboard pretty much everything people were complaining about and acted quickly.

So in summary then:
1) the community raised valid concerns
2) You acted (fairly) quickly and have made significant changes.

I applaud you for firstly recognising changes had to be made and secondly for making those changes speedily and effectively and also for communicating with the community far more so than before. I'm sure most of us feel this episode painful though it was has made the company stronger and more likely to excel.

Thanks for your support.  I intend to keep all the shareholder informed, as we have in the past.  In the next phase, I am expecting the work load to increase and it make take some time before we can increase the number of employees to meet this increased work load.  So, that updates may a little more spaced out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:18:08 AM

so the only reason for the share price to drop must be lack of confidence that Ken will actually deliver what he estimated.

Or am I missing something?

I would say maybe you are missing the crypto currency context. amc is valued against the bitcoin so what impact on amc quote would the 40% drop in btc value have?
Well there is a complex relationship there. You might  think amc should actually go up as that would reflect an unchanged value (in USD). But crucially amc mine btc for profits. so if btc was to drop to 1 dollar amc would probably be worthless as the profits to be made from miners wouldn't cover the electricity costs. So a drop in btc effects the amc bottom line. A 40% drop is significant. On the other side if btc went to 1000usd next week amc would likely shoot up.

You might also find some are liquidating their amc holdings to buy btc when it is so low and while it may have more short term up side potential than amc.

Yes, it is a complex relationship with bitcoin.  However, I have checked and we would still be profitable @ $5.00 bitcoins.

With respect, this is not likely.  If BTC/USD value were to retreat to $5 per, for all intensive purposes Bitcoin would be dead.  I could not ever believe this as a possibility because I have faith in Bitcoin, but a fall like that would cripple Bitcoin's legitimacy.  I think the only thing that could accomplish such a feat would be an alternative coin.  Though, without true innovation in the alternatives, all of the current distributions are just clones of Bitcoin.

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:42:58 AM

so the only reason for the share price to drop must be lack of confidence that Ken will actually deliver what he estimated.

I would say maybe you are missing the crypto currency context. amc is valued against the bitcoin so what impact on amc quote would the 40% drop in btc value have?
Well there is a complex relationship there. You might  think amc should actually go up as that would reflect an unchanged value (in USD). But crucially amc mine btc for profits. so if btc was to drop to 1 dollar amc would probably be worthless as the profits to be made from miners wouldn't cover the electricity costs. So a drop in btc effects the amc bottom line. A 40% drop is significant. On the other side if btc went to 1000usd next week amc would likely shoot up.

You might also find some are liquidating their amc holdings to buy btc when it is so low and while it may have more short term up side potential than amc.

Yes, it is a complex relationship with bitcoin.  However, I have checked and we would still be profitable @ $5.00 bitcoins.

With respect, this is not likely.  If BTC/USD value were to retreat to $5 per, for all intensive purposes Bitcoin would be dead.  I could not ever believe this as a possibility because I have faith in Bitcoin, but a fall like that would cripple Bitcoin's legitimacy.  I think the only thing that could accomplish such a feat would be an alternative coin.  Though, without true innovation in the alternatives, all of the current distributions are just clones of Bitcoin.

It is impossible anyway for Bitcoin to hit $5.  This would mean all of us (you, me) would have to completely become uninterested in the currency.  I see too many hardcore enthusiasts here to allow bitcoin to drop to $5 without buying it up.  I think ken was exaggerating the worst case scenerio just to make a point that a drop is okay -- let's not fixate on the concept of $5 because it is unreasonable.

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 03:44:03 AM

Yes, all I was saying was that the cost of electricity would be less than what the machines are making,  Of course, that is at the current difficulty.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 03:44:50 AM

It is impossible anyway for Bitcoin to hit $5.  This would mean all of us (you, me) would have to completely become uninterested in the currency.  I see too many hardcore enthusiasts here to allow bitcoin to drop to $5 without buying it up.  I think ken was exaggerating the worst case scenerio just to make a point that a drop is okay -- let's not fixate on the concept of $5 because it is unreasonable.

Yes, I agree.
Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:26:14 AM

Yes, all I was saying was that the cost of electricity would be less than what the machines are making,  Of course, that is at the current difficulty.

Current difficulty should not be the basis for future projected profits, obviously.  However, with current projections upon difficulty, and considering that we believe in Bitcoin (you wouldn't be here if you didn't), the profits could be immeasurable.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:56:56 AM

Can we start focusing on BTCT.CO?  Seems like the most secure and trusted marketplace.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251051.0
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:09:24 AM

Can we start focusing on BTCT.CO?  Seems like the most secure and trusted marketplace.

+1
and let the Bitfunder have the PT  Smiley I Btctco and Litecoin Global have way better usability that BitFunder. Yes, BitFunder's charts are good but everything else is just a mess. Ukyo, it's  nothing personal Wink

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
madmalkav

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:14:47 AM

I like Bitfunder and I will avoid as much as possible changing to another site, I find all the others pretty confusing for people like me that just want to buy and stay.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:27:11 AM

+1
and let the Bitfunder have the PT  Smiley I Btctco and Litecoin Global have way better usability that BitFunder. Yes, BitFunder's charts are good but everything else is just a mess. Ukyo, it's  nothing personal Wink

Check out http://coinflow.co for nice charts.

I like Bitfunder and I will avoid as much as possible changing to another site, I find all the others pretty confusing for people like me that just want to buy and stay.

Take a look at btct it is much less confusing.  with silly bitfunder you have to use weExchange, their fees are much higher, and the website is extremely amateur in terms of security.
madmalkav

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:49:50 PM

Why do you assume when I make an affirmation you don't agree, I must be uninformed? I know the other alternatives and I don't like them.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:53:25 PM

+1

Take a look at btct it is much less confusing.  with silly bitfunder you have to use weExchange, their fees are much higher, and the website is extremely amateur in terms of security.

I think its all down to personal preference. Personally I like the UI of Bitfunder, but I like that BCTTC has a mechanism for shareholder voting.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:16:18 PM

+1

I think its all down to personal preference. Personally I like the UI of Bitfunder, but I like that BCTTC has a mechanism for shareholder voting.

To each their own, I like BTCT over the rest, using WeExchange to fund your account on BF just seems a little silly to me.

navitatl

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:55:48 PM

Do we have an estimated time frame for the .0025/share return to be fulfilled?
Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:05:50 PM

Difficult to say given Bitcoin value depreciation as manufacturing costs are linked to Bitcoin price in fiat. It would be nice to integrate Bitcoin shorting and mining difficulty options into a hedging strategy within AMC's overall business strategy.

KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:55:05 PM

I just picked up a few shared on btct, hoping for a solid future.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

It is hard to calculate that, as this is determined by the difficulty increases, the number of machines sold, how many machines are put into the mining operation over time.  You
could take the hash rate that has been expressed in the offering and calculate the time based on that.  This would seem to be the maximum time.
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:59:47 PM

Completely baffled by the movements on the share price.. here was me thinking it was based on comments in this thread, but clearly not haha.

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
pneumatic5

Activity: 238

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:17:09 PM

Completely baffled by the movements on the share price.. here was me thinking it was based on comments in this thread, but clearly not haha.

I know right? I check prices on bitfunder, then automatically come to this thread to see nothing new happen. Thank god im up to date on this thread that I only have to read 2 pages or so.

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:50:43 PM

To each their own, I like BTCT over the rest, using WeExchange to fund your account on BF just seems a little silly to me.

Agreed. That by itself led me not to invest with BF.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: