Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uquid bitcoin debit card reviews  (Read 27774 times)
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:25:07 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 10:48:00 PM by AussieHash

I've tonight tried out UQUID for a GBP virtual debt card and in contrast to the OP, I find there are hidden misleading fees, to the extent that the OP sounds like a shill informercial.

allows users to get maximum value out of their bitcoin when loading their debit cards.

Uquid doesn't rely on misleading marketing tactics

Uquid is not adding any hidden fees.

Let's review their fees - https://uquid.com/fees
Many methods deposit into uquid with 0% fees
Code:
Set Up: 
Virtual Card Issuance Fee (one-time cost) £1.00
Monthly Service Fee £1.00
Spend Money: Association transaction Per transaction £0.00
Deposit Fee Bitcoin Per transaction 0%
Withdraw Fee Bank Transfer Per transaction 3%

What they don't tell you - transferring from BTC to GBP they charge between 1% to almost 3% exchange fee above the bitpay exchange rate

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
US Dollar   $952.52 USD
Eurozone Euro   €905.09 EUR
Pound Sterling   £772.09 GBP
Canadian Dollar   $1,280.01 CAD
Chinese Yuan   ¥6,615.06 CNY

Attempting a deposit of £772.09, Uquid generates a payment QR code for 1.01 BTC (+1%)
Attempting a deposit of £5, Uquid generates a payment QR of nearly +3% above the bitpay exchange rate.

From the GBP balance in one's account, to then add funds to the debt card costs additional fees which are not listed in the fee schedule.  I would have to assume this funding step is mandatory as it is a Visa debt card.

Code:
Load balance into card
NOTE :
Max fee: £50.00
Min fee: £0.10
Transfer fee: 0.5%
Minimum amount: £0.00
Maximum amount: £1,000.00

So from my experience UQIUD does have deliberately misleading hidden fees when exchanging bitcoin and when loading the debt card of up to +3.5%.  

Additionally if there is an excess fiat balance you want to convert back to BTC, UQUID charges 3% + whatever fees are charged by their linked conversion - their first listed "Exchanger" charges 5.5-6.6% fees
 https://www.vodaexchange.com/exchange_fee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Addisonbt

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:34:48 PM

Hi,

Where I can see the bitpay exchange rate ?

1 BTC <--> $957.69

real time
St.Stephan

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 08:10:59 PM

I've tonight tried out UQUID for a GBP virtual debt card and in contrast to the OP, I find there are hidden misleading fees, to the extent that the OP sounds like a shill informercial.

allows users to get maximum value out of their bitcoin when loading their debit cards.

Uquid doesn't rely on misleading marketing tactics

Uquid is not adding any hidden fees.

Let's review their fees - https://uquid.com/fees
Many methods deposit into uquid with 0% fees
Code:
Set Up: 
Virtual Card Issuance Fee (one-time cost) £1.00
Monthly Service Fee £1.00
Spend Money: Association transaction Per transaction £0.00
Deposit Fee Bitcoin Per transaction 0%
Withdraw Fee Bank Transfer Per transaction 3%

What they don't tell you - transferring from BTC to GBP they charge between 1% to almost 3% exchange fee above the bitpay exchange rate

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
US Dollar   $952.52 USD
Eurozone Euro   €905.09 EUR
Pound Sterling   £772.09 GBP
Canadian Dollar   $1,280.01 CAD
Chinese Yuan   ¥6,615.06 CNY

Attempting a deposit of £772.09, Uquid generates a payment QR code for 1.01 BTC (+1%)
Attempting a deposit of £5, Uquid generates a payment QR of nearly +3% above the bitpay exchange rate.

From the GBP balance in one's account, to then add funds to the debt card costs additional fees which are not listed in the fee schedule.  I would have to assume this funding step is mandatory as it is a Visa debt card.

Code:
Load balance into card
NOTE :
Max fee: £50.00
Min fee: £0.10
Transfer fee: 0.5%
Minimum amount: £0.00
Maximum amount: £1,000.00

So from my experience UQIUD does have deliberately misleading hidden fees when exchanging bitcoin and when loading the debt card of up to +3.5%. 

(I am uncertain whether there is an additional +1% fee somewhere for using the card for purchases .....)

Additionally if there is an excess fiat balance you want to convert back to BTC, UQUID charges 3% + whatever fees are charged by their linked conversion - their first listed "Exchanger" charges 5.5-6.6% fees
 https://www.vodaexchange.com/exchange_fee

I have previously spoken well of the Uquid card. I would like to see a specific response from the Uquid staff about this post.
AussieHash

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:01:19 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 07:18:10 AM by AussieHash

I have previously spoken well of the Uquid card. I would like to see a specific response from the Uquid staff about this post.

I found another post linked from the OP, here is what Uquid have to say about the hidden 1% fee on top of their advertised 0% fee

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1485950.msg16199105#msg16199105

Edit :
This just gets worse and worse, I've loaded bitcoin into GBP to my Uquid wallet and added the virtual credit card to PayPal.

Everything in Uquid and PayPal is set to GBP, but when attempting to make a GBP payment with PayPal linking my Uquid virtual credit card, the native currency of this card is GIB -- Gibraltar Pounds. This means a 3% PayPal fee hence the conversion rate : £1.00 GIP = £0.959575106 GBP

So my total fee for using Uquid is +1+3+0.5 = +4.5%

Edit 2 :
a google search led me to these posts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072856.msg16918096#msg16918096

linking to this post
https://www.giffgaff.com/money/loans/tips-exchange/personal-finance/avoid-paypals-high-foreign-exchange-rates

To set this up in PayPal, go here https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hub and choose "Conversion Options" next to your funding source. Then, on the following page choose "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice"

Cheesy Cheesy I was successfully able to use my GBP loaded balance to pay a GBP paypal invoice without forex fees  Cheesy Cheesy
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:58:55 PM

Hi,

Where I can see the bitpay exchange rate ?

1 BTC <--> $957.69

real time

https://bitpay.com/api/rates/USD
https://bitpay.com/api/rates/EUR
https://bitpay.com/api/rates/GBP
Addisonbt

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

Thanks! Smiley
uquid

Activity: 518

All In One Services with UQUID

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 09:55:59 PM

Hi
we already explain about fees many time already
we do not charge any fees for bitcoin deposit
1% fees charge by bitpay and you can check it easy in bitpay website
we charge 0% fees for bitcoin

We did very careful research before we choice bitpay. they got highest price on market even 1% fees they charge you still get best price compare with all other service

Regard

AussieHash

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:35:36 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 10:51:19 PM by AussieHash

The fees and charges page needs to list all applicable fees. It lists wavecrest card fees like the $1 per month, and ATM fees.

However your fees page neglects to show the applicable 1% bitpay fee, and the 0.5% loading fee. It is impossible for a consumer to use bitcoin on your platform without paying this fee.

One key difference with other sites like steam (bitpay) is if I pay a steam invoice I do not pay an extra 1% the recipient absorbs it. Bitpay is not a consumer orientated business, it is a merchant payment processor.

I'm not suggesting the bitpay fee is unfair (localbitcoins charges advertisers "makers" 1%, and in my country credit card surcharges are frequently added to the invoice for CC payments) just that it is undisclosed on your fees page.

So in summary, using bitcoin with a virtual debt card in GBP via PayPal, the fees were 1% + 0.5% + £1. This is much better than the forex / PayPal fees of using my normal credit card.
Addisonbt

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:11:09 AM

The fees and charges page needs to list all applicable fees. It lists wavecrest card fees like the $1 per month, and ATM fees.

However your fees page neglects to show the applicable 1% bitpay fee, and the 0.5% loading fee. It is impossible for a consumer to use bitcoin on your platform without paying this fee.

One key difference with other sites like steam (bitpay) is if I pay a steam invoice I do not pay an extra 1% the recipient absorbs it. Bitpay is not a consumer orientated business, it is a merchant payment processor.

I'm not suggesting the bitpay fee is unfair (localbitcoins charges advertisers "makers" 1%, and in my country credit card surcharges are frequently added to the invoice for CC payments) just that it is undisclosed on your fees page.

So in summary, using bitcoin with a virtual debt card in GBP via PayPal, the fees were 1% + 0.5% + £1. This is much better than the forex / PayPal fees of using my normal credit card.

What about the fee cryptopay?
they have fewer decimal places in the value of Bitcoin 0.1234 BTC
St.Stephan

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:44:31 AM

Hi
we already explain about fees many time already
we do not charge any fees for bitcoin deposit
1% fees charge by bitpay and you can check it easy in bitpay website
we charge 0% fees for bitcoin

We did very careful research before we choice bitpay. they got highest price on market even 1% fees they charge you still get best price compare with all other service

Regard

"However your fees page neglects to show the applicable 1% bitpay fee, and the 0.5% loading fee. It is impossible for a consumer to use bitcoin on your platform without paying this fee."

So your actual fee is 1,5%?

Don't slag people off who are asking questions by saying "we have answered before". It is clear from a whole page of questions - and your last, unclear answer - that there is a lot of confusion.
Sup3rDav3

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:34:56 PM

I used Uquid for the first time the other night. I sent bitcoin to there account. You click on deposit bitcoin and supply a bitcoin address. After a few hours nothing had showed up. I sent them an email. a day later they responded with that they had found nothing. I then sent the transaction information on the block chain to prove it went to there address. They then told me that have no way of checking because they use a gateway call bitpay. So I guess they don't even have control over their own bitcoin wallets. They sent me bitpays website and told me to check with them. Wow. alarm bells are starting to go off.

So far the whole thing sounds like a scam. how can you not confirm a transaction sent to your wallet, its the blockchain. so bells are ringing loud. Even on the of chance this isnt a scam. Why do they need to use another company as a gateway.. i will never use Uquid again. Im pretty sure its a scam. I checked out the wallet and it has 1 star on google play every review says it doesn't work. Some times I guess you learn the hard way and lose some bitcoin learning.

Stay away folks.  If its not a scam which i think it is, its very very badly set up. if you like your bitcoins. don't use this service.

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:37:46 AM

I used Uquid for the first time the other night. I sent bitcoin to there account. You click on deposit bitcoin and supply a bitcoin address. After a few hours nothing had showed up. I sent them an email. a day later they responded with that they had found nothing. I then sent the transaction information on the block chain to prove it went to there address. They then told me that have no way of checking because they use a gateway call bitpay. So I guess they don't even have control over their own bitcoin wallets. They sent me bitpays website and told me to check with them. Wow. alarm bells are starting to go off.

So far the whole thing sounds like a scam. how can you not confirm a transaction sent to your wallet, its the blockchain. so bells are ringing loud. Even on the of chance this isnt a scam. Why do they need to use another company as a gateway.. i will never use Uquid again. Im pretty sure its a scam. I checked out the wallet and it has 1 star on google play every review says it doesn't work. Some times I guess you learn the hard way and lose some bitcoin learning.

Stay away folks.  If its not a scam which i think it is, its very very badly set up. if you like your bitcoins. don't use this service.

Uquid does not have a bitcoin wallet... if you transfer BTC to them, you transfer it to Bitpay. They do the conversion to EUR/GBP/USD. If you don't transfer the exact amount as requested, things don't add up and it needs a manual intervention.

How much EUR (or GBP or USD) did you want to deposit? How much BTC did you have to send to Bitpay? What is the transaction, let's have a look at it.
uquid

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 10:49:13 AM

Uquid does not have a bitcoin wallet... if you transfer BTC to them, you transfer it to Bitpay. They do the conversion to EUR/GBP/USD. If you don't transfer the exact amount as requested, things don't add up and it needs a manual intervention.

How much EUR (or GBP or USD) did you want to deposit? How much BTC did you have to send to Bitpay? What is the transaction, let's have a look at it.

Hi
this gentleman come to our support ask for payment which he claim not receive . he did used email which we can not find UQ account associated and we ask him supply us his UQ account . He answer his account is : UQ2041 which we also can not find any account like that. we requested him send full account number and he send correct account but we can not find any transaction history in his account.
we ask him send us bitcoin transaction detail and he send us  a bitcoin transaction hash : 740255b73ee27efc01facf9c73ccd9d63e4c6fdaaf0eb376de1ecbaf5ff493b7 (0.00316998 BTC - $ 2.42) send to :
1Gtg6XqwKfKZHKmT2VasyV4cqbymGPZj1n

we confirmed that we can not find this Hash in our system
and he reply our support email with another transction HASH
21d0edbf220732081e6809eaee5633ae8ef4597e449cdf1fa8b9772f0ea3f804 ( 0.05353998 BTC - $ 40.91)
sent to same address  : 1Gtg6XqwKfKZHKmT2VasyV4cqbymGPZj1n

we already confirmed clearly with him that we can not find any bitcoin like that or transaction Hash like this in our system and requested him contact bitpay if he make payment to that address which belong bitpay then he will get refund ( because we using bitpay gateway, bitcoin address generated by bitpay )

bitpay support named "Chirley Quillian" also confirmed clearly

We have reviewed the transaction details provided and the receiving bitcoin address does not belong to BitPay (1Gtg6XqwKfKZHKmT2VasyV4cqbymGPZj1n).

i really need MOD help me sort out with this kind of comment.

micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:24:22 PM

How long do cash withdrawals to a UK bank account take? Thanks
uquid

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 09:34:59 AM

How long do cash withdrawals to a UK bank account take? Thanks

hi
we using uk bank for transfer so it is instant for UK bank
you only need wait for our staff verify your information before processing your withdraw ( we not deal with third-party bank, you have to be owner of that account in order for get the fund)

Regard

pgonz

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:34:01 PM

I simply not recommend this company to give you your bitcoins, I dont know if its a big scam or just a bad managed startup. Once you transfer your bitcoins, there is no way you have them back. I tried to purchase a plastic card but it was impossible because system keeps saying that you have one or other error, first it was that i didnt have funds, then i deposit 17 usd in bitcoins and then tried again and then was that my zip code accepts letters and spaces, i dont understand this, my zip code has only numbers but even i add letters it keeps warning and cant order my card, even a virtual card i cant order. So i tried to withdraw my 17 usd, and its practically impossible, it can only accept transfer greater than 100 usd, no way to convert my 17 usd again to bitcoin, so i think this shitty company scammed me, dont let you do the same. I fall because tesco recommendation, but i think is the same as the owner. Angry
joemarketer

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:35:26 PM

Hi

I am sharing my experience with UQUID at February 26, 2017.

As an avid BitCoin User, I have almost all BitCoin Debit cards and I am always open to explore and try new services and cards.
Yesterday I was reading a similar post like this one, sharing the great benefits of UQUID, so I decided to try. I opened a new account, transfer some bitcoins to my account and is been 24 hours and the funds still pending.

I contacted UQUID to find out what the delay in the transfer and I still waiting for an answer.

I will share my final experience with UQUID #UQUID UQUIDDebitcard

Addisonbt

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

I can confirm, shit firm. Lips sealed
Create an account, I do not found Bitcoin withdraw... Huh
The interface is terrible, Cry
St.Stephan

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:29:13 PM

wow, lotsa spectracoin shill accounts with something to say here ....
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:53:25 AM

As an avid BitCoin User, I have almost all BitCoin Debit cards and I am always open to explore and try new services and cards.
Yesterday I was reading a similar post like this one, sharing the great benefits of UQUID, so I decided to try. I opened a new account, transfer some bitcoins to my account and is been 24 hours and the funds still pending.

What do you mean 'funds still pending'? Did the Bitpay transaction get confirmed? Then your credit should be listed in the interface

Do you have trouble transferring your credit onto a card? It's the weekend, as usual their bank account gets drained and you have to wait until Monday morning until the bank opens before they can transfer in new funds like the one from Bitpay. Did you see the notice on the web interface?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: