Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BIP] BipCoin. NOW LIVE. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 24995 times)
BadAudioisaHateCrime

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:49:28 AM

FYI MWD,

I downloaded and installed the CLI daemon and wallet to Mint yesterday about 17:00 and when I start up simplewallet its showing as "bipcoin wallet v0.0.0.2()"

I used to top CLI installer link/download, when I hover the mouse over them they show as the same file though.
https://bipcoin.org/DROPS/0001/bipcoin.linux.x64.v0-0-0-1.tar.gz

I noticed after I saw your message today about v0.0.0.3 and double check my version.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 08:27:21 AM

I've been trying to install the CLI on a LInux Mint 18 OS, on a homebuild machine.

It shows it downloading, installing and I've done all the command line instructions for the Terminal as well, but I can't seem to get "bipcoincd" to work, or even show up as anything other than an exe file.

Am I doing it wrong?

Or does bipcoin just not work on Linux Mint?

The linux binaries are 64-bit binaries.  Are you by chance running 32-bit OS?  Do you get an error message when you execute it?  As mentioned before, if any of the files end with ".exe" you have the wrong download.

Nope, I'm running 64bit machine Linux Mint 18.
No error messages.
I input all the command lines in Terminal
DL'ed https://bipcoin.org/DROPS/0001/bipcoin.linux.x64.v0-0-0-1.tar.gz to desktop and extract that.
I click on "bipcoind" and nothing happens.

I must be doing it wrong.
Sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for responding everyone.

Sad

You can't just click on the file to run it.  You have to open the terminal / command line application, navigate to the bipcoin folder, then type ./bipcoind to run it.

ok, thanks for your help.

I get to " /bipcoin $ "

then I type in ./bipcoind

nada. I get
 "bash:   ./bipcoind: No such file or directory"

I recommend that you PM me if you would like help, in order to keep this thread clean.  However, in the interest of transparency I also recommend, after our correspondence is finished, that you copy all of our messages into PasteBin and post the link here.  I don't like giving people commands to execute on their computer in private communication due to the appearance of impropriety.  Plus the resolution to your problem may help others.  I just don't to want to hijack the thread with 30 posts back and forth for a very specific problem like this one.

If anyone disagrees with me, feel free to object.

Hijack away, I like seeing how it progresses. And if you want to edit it into a pastebin when you're done, I'll do a blog post linking it on the BipCoin website.

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 08:32:18 AM

If mining on two copmuters to one wallet works, let us know....

I know it works because I did it successfully on the first day  Grin. But only now it occurred to me that it might not be safe.

Did it combine the hashing power of both computers? sort of act like a mini-pool?

I agree that it's not a good idea (I'm thinking lost coin, and/or security), but what do you mean by "not safe"?

ir57

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:43:51 AM

CooperStupor,
    Based on your previous response it looks like you are expecting bipcoind in the folder /bipcoind.  If that is correct please navigate to that folder in a terminal "cd /bipcoind" and then list the contents in long format "ls -ald ./*" and post the exact output here.  Your error message indicates that bipcoind does not exist in that folder.  So either

a) You have the windows package, and the file list will show bipcoind.exe
b) You did not fully extract the contents (a GUI file extractor will show you the files contained within but you have to move them to your destination to actually extract them).  Or alternately you extracted the .gz part of the archive but did not extract the .tar that is contained within it.
c) You extracted them to a location other than where you thought they went.

I will note that it is unlikely that your files are in /bipcoind unless you use "su" or login as root because creating files in "/" usually requires root level permission.  If you are logging into your computer as root or doing these things with "su" I highly recommend that you login with a standard (non-privileged) user account, don't use "su" for any of this, then re-download and start over from the beginning, putting your files somewhere like "/home/XXXXXX/bipcoin/" (where XXXXXX would be your username).  There are many reasons for this related to safety and security.

Thanks,
    ir57
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 08:50:56 AM

Solo mine the fuck out of BipCoin this weekend. It's easy to solo mine now.

That will end for good in a few days when the pool goes back up

Just found a block, difficulty 800k. It was only half like 15 hours ago.
The pool isn't even up yet.

I posted here and elsewhere "Solo mine the f--- out of BipCoin this weekend. When the pool goes back up for good next week some time, solo mining's going to get a lot harder."

I guess a bunch of people took me up on it. lol.
MWD

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 08:59:41 AM

I posted here and elsewhere "Solo mine the f--- out of BipCoin this weekend. When the pool goes back up for good next week some time, solo mining's going to get a lot harder."

MWD
I see. That's quite unlucky. Can you post everywhere that solo mining is bad so that I can mine on a low difficulty? Cool

lol. Well, I see the point. And even from a selfish standpoint one could say I'm shooting myself in the foot because I am also solo mining, on pretty ordinary computers. (albeit three of them, on two internet connections.) But my bigger concern is strengthening the value of the overall BipCoin network. Especially before we roll out some upgraded software next week that hopefully will solve some issues. But for testing, the stronger the network, the better.

This is not a pump and dump. Our goal is to make BipCoin strong and have a healthy, useful, long life. As an actual commodity and medium of exchange. Not just speculation.

MWD

ir57

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:04:47 AM

MWD

I see. That's quite unlucky. Can you post everywhere that solo mining is bad so that I can mine on a low difficulty? Cool

For 200bip I'll start a rumor that a critical security flaw has been found in the BipCoin code, let it rest for just long enough to fill our coffers, then "expose" that dirty hoax and denounce the perpetrator using my other sock puppet accounts.   ;-)
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 09:09:55 AM

MWD

For 200bip I'll start a rumor that a critical security flaw has been found in the BipCoin code, let it rest for just long enough to fill our coffers, then "expose" that dirty hoax and denounce the perpetrator using my other sock puppet accounts.   ;-)

No thanks. I know you're kidding. But there won't be b.s. like so many coins, at least not from the dev end.

ir57

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:12:24 AM

Yeah...

a) If I wanted to sabotage it (even for profit) I wouldn't admit it in public.
b) I wouldn't accept payment in the currency I'm putting at risk.
c) Anyone who has mined bipcoin has some interest in the health of the coin, even if that means the difficulty goes up, because an increase in popularity means an increased probability that your existing coin is worth something.
d) You know where I live.   ;-)
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

Yeah...

a) If I wanted to sabotage it (even for profit) I wouldn't admit it in public.
b) I wouldn't accept payment in the currency I'm putting at risk.
c) Anyone who has mined bipcoin has some interest in the health of the coin, even if that means the difficulty goes up, because an increase in popularity means an increased probability that your existing coin is worth something.
d) You know where I live.   ;-)

I take it you're someone I've sent buttons to? lol

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 09:40:36 AM

with a nice begining, good luck.

Thank you! Let us know if you need any help working any of it out.

MWD

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:03:31 AM

If mining on two copmuters to one wallet works, let us know....

I know it works because I did it successfully on the first day  Grin. But only now it occurred to me that it might not be safe.

Did it combine the hashing power of both computers? sort of act like a mini-pool?

I agree that it's not a good idea (I'm thinking lost coin, and/or security), but what do you mean by "not safe"?

No the two computers are not aware of each other at all. Two separate daemons, in separate buildings mining for the same address.
Its entirely possible that the two could simultaneously find a block for the same height, causing a fork.

My incredible luck continues today. My i5-2500 barely makes 90h on 2 threads yet it finds on average a block every 70 minutes. Got 8 in 9 hours

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 10:33:04 AM

Its entirely possible that the two could simultaneously find a block for the same height, causing a fork.

ah!

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 10:33:46 AM

My incredible luck continues today. My i5-2500 barely makes 90h on 2 threads yet it finds on average a block every 70 minutes. Got 8 in 9 hours

I'm not doing quite that well, but I did find one within about 8 minutes of starting to mine tonight.

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:18:28 PM

90h on 2 threads? thats 45h on 1 thread, mine gets 38h on 1 thread max.
You have a 5 year old i5 and I have a 2 year old i7.
I'd say that's pretty good.

We should get a hardware comparison set up (only for the built-in miner)

As you use more threads, the per thread performance drops even though total still increases.

Using all 4 threads even doing nothing else would not get me to 180h but maybe 140h

Also I am not sure how the processor allocates the core threads when it has hyperthreading.
My i5 doesn't have HT so 1 thread = 1 core. But if you have an i7 and you use 4 threads it might use 2 cores most of the time and average hash calculation per thread will suffer.
I still believe it will do better in total performance though.

My i7 5930 (when I use it) performs just like yours

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 05:50:46 PM

I'm suddenly getting way more errors when starting up bipcoind (trying to add recently deleted transaction)

Still fallout from that fork. Someone's trying to spend it, and it tries over and over. Next version should minimize those.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 05:51:18 PM

I'm suddenly getting way more errors when starting up bipcoind (trying to add recently deleted transaction)

It's like those email messages "could not be delivered. will try for three days."

theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:24:20 PM

Still fallout from that fork. Someone's trying to spend it, and it tries over and over. Next version should minimize those.

The first or second pool fiasco? Cool
How will it minimize the errors? Will it just stop displaying them?
in cryptonote algo coins,the transaction take ~72 hours trying to be confirmed and then return to main balance of the owner.
Up to him to try again to spend them (will be very shitty from his part)

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 06:29:49 PM

Will ignore them so they don't keep trying. Notice some of them are the same ones over and over. Mainly this work will be done on the seed nodes.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 06:32:02 PM

in cryptonote algo coins,the transaction take ~72 hours trying to be confirmed and then return to main balance of the owner.
Up to him to try again to spend them (will be very shitty from his part)

Some guy ran a mis-configured pool for a few days about 5 days ago. People earned coins that were on his fork, no longer part of the real chain. I think people are trying over and over to spend them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: