Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] btcQuick - Bitcoin Sales Service  (Read 93934 times)
davos

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:29:04 PM

It seems to me that what a service like this needs is a revolving line of USD credit. Just a thought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:53:29 AM

It seems to me that what a service like this needs is a revolving line of USD credit. Just a thought.

Yes - that's, in theory, a very good to resolve the exchange-rate issues and stabilise BTC value of assets/capital.

But anyone who has to go to BTCJam to raise funds at 3% per month is unlikely to have had that option available.  Unfortunately most "investments" don't give proper consideration to that sort of isse - and investors end up with massive, undisclosed, exposure to exchange-rate movements.

There are a few issues with it in practice:

1.  Sourcing USD-denominated credit.

I faced a similar ssue myself - I run a small LTC-denominated trading fund which conducts most of its trading in BTC-denominated assets.  If I took no action then we'd either not be able to do most of our trade or end up with 80%+ of capital effectively denominated in BTC - meaning fund value would almost entirely be determined by the LTC/BTC exchange-rate.  I addressed that by selling BTC-denominated bonds - with most of our BTC denominated investments effectively done with that bond capital (not all - we have to keep some BTC exposure ourselves to ensure bond-holders' debt is safely covered if LTC crashes AND we make fairly heavy trading losses).  I maintain an exposure level of around 15% to BTC.  So if LTC rises vs BTC (as has just happened dramatically) then a doubling of the exchange-rate ends up only losing around 10% of value rather than 40%.

But here is where we run into a problem for anyone trying to the same in terms of BTC/USD.  I have no problem raising explicitly BTC-denominated capital that's transacted in LTC (the bonds have a face value in BTC, but are sold/traded/bought back in LTC).  But I expect there'd be little interest here in bonds with a face-value in USD (but transacted in BTC) which is actually a bit of a paradox as the same people who wouldn't touch an openly USD investment will happily throw their funds at one that's providing the same exposure covertly (and, in many cases, without even fully realising it).  Personally I'd rather take on a specific risk (e.g. exposure to a certain currency) where the issuer had identified the exposure and was properly ensuring clearly defined exposure than take it on where the issuer hadn't properly considered the situation.

2.  Cost

If the shares aren't sold denominated in USD and USD-denominated capital is raised seperately then there's going to be an interest-rate associated with servicing that USD-denominated debt.  Is that going to leave anything at all for investors who bought shares?  I can't see anyone on here buying USD-denominated debt (bonds/loans/whatever) for trivial rates.

3.  Duplication/Lack of use of capital

Linked to both the above is the issue of what is actually done with shareholders' capital if it's no longer being used to conduct business?  Would people invest if their investment was just being used to pay off existing debt and line the issuer's pockets (taking a significant multiple of total profit to date as an up-front payment as well as a huge share of equity is lining your pockets) whilst capital for actual trading was going to be raised via new debt which, being debt not equity, would get paid first from earnings and have first claim on assets?  There'd still have to be capital raised from share sales - to ensure backing for debt in the case of trading losses.

This is actually the issue I ran into - that funds from actual investors in the fund were largely sitting idle, with 90% of them just sitting around as collateral for the bondholders' capital that was actually being used.  I had plans for how to address that - but the recent massive rise in LTC price has effectively solved it for me (by increasing the value of LTC assets such that they no longer represent such a minority of investment - coupled with buying back of units to reduce LTC-denominated capital, with the higher rate meaning bonds are still very well protected).  And the problem was never quite so severe for me - as at least I was always doing some significant LTC-denominated trading, whilst a business such as this has all active capital (that actually in use rather than reserved for use) in USD (specifically, in the process from payment by a purchaser until it becomes liquid in the hands of the issuer and can be converted).

I'm not sure what the solution is - though something like what I discuss above is definitely one approach.  The real problem is the continuing insistence of companies that are effectively fiat-denominated (i.e. all active assets/capital are in fiat) to list in BTC because they can't raised capital elsewhere.  Ones such as this are (probably unintentionally) deceptive - as on the face of it they can appear to be BTC-denominated.  But in practice the only BTC exposure they have is from inactive capital which, if a significant part of total capital, means they've compounded one error (misidentifying exposure) with another (raising excessive capital so that earnings are diluted).

I mention my fund/bond to illustrate how a similar situation was addressed - not to try to get investment.  The fund is buying back rather than selling units (we have more capital than we need due to LTC's rise) and no new bonds have been issued for a few weeks.  LTC has quadrupled vs BTC this week.  Without the bonds, units in the fund would have lost ~60% of face value in LTC and gained only around 40% if valued in BTC.  With the bonds they've lost under 20% of face value in LTC and approximately trebled in value if valued in BTC.  That's why managing currency exposure is key - without it, a rise in LTC vs BTC would be a disaster for my investors as they'd take heavy losses in LTC without any large gain from the currency's own increased strength/value.  Of course there IS a flip-side to it - if LTC falls vs BTC then investors DO lose value as a result (LTC value of units rises a small bit, BTC value drops a lot) but that's what they should expect from investing in something in currency X - that the price is largely unaffected by changes in exchange-rates and the value (expressed in any other currency/measure) moves broadly in line with the fortunes of currency X.  And that's what investors in all these USD-denominated in practice but pretending to be BTC investments are NOT getting - the ability to manage their own exposure to different currencies.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:40:41 AM

Was the ask at 0.0001 pulled?
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:34:47 AM

Did you catch this post on the previous page, TradeFortress?

Any remaining shares of the second batch will also be taken down at or around the time of the March statement on or within a few days of Monday, April 1st 2013.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:37:17 AM

Nope, missed the last part heh. Thanks Logik.
OneSixtiethOfASecond

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:17:19 PM

I hope to have the P&L posted tomorrow.

Has P&L been posted? If yes, where?
Logik

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:14:30 AM

Ummm the dog ate it. He had family issues. He'll do it soon! Etc.

Although the first div payment is a month away, I don't see why people volunteer deadlines if they fail to meet them. It's slack and disrespectful to investors...

FYI in the Bitfunder profile it does state "2013 March - $ 2,741.64 USD (Est. 21.08461538 BTC)"

▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
xkrikl

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:13:40 AM

Ummm the dog ate it. He had family issues. He'll do it soon! Etc.

Although the first div payment is a month away, I don't see why people volunteer deadlines if they fail to meet them. It's slack and disrespectful to investors...

FYI in the Bitfunder profile it does state "2013 March - $ 2,741.64 USD (Est. 21.08461538 BTC)"

Well, the first four dividends were supposed to come out weekly.

Dividends
Dividends will be paid MONTHLY between the 1st and 5th of each month for the prior months profits.
A monthly statement will be provided at or around the time of Dividend payout.

First public dividend payout will be for the profits of the month of April.
The first four dividend payments will be made roughly weekly on the following days for the first month:

April 8th 2013
April 16th 2013
April 22nd 2013
May 1st 2013

After the May 1st dividend payout, issuer may choose to pay out more frequent dividends than required at their discretion.

btclvr

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:31:17 AM

Where is the April 8th dividend payment?
Ascension (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:04:27 PM

Dividend payment will be made today as to include sales from yesterday.

Thanks,
-Ascension
Logik

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:52:36 PM

Thanks

▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
MikeMark

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:46:04 AM

You are covering the issues surrounding these investments very well.

However there is a consideration that we need to make here. In a market or economy where the majority currency is not being deterred by inflation, under a growing population, companies will become lower valued unless they are growing at a rate larger than the overall economic growth.

Almost nothing affected by nature or humanity grows or declines at a predictable rate, however it may be somewhat bounded. What this really means is that there will be growth spurts and declines possibly around another, more predictable rate.

So right now, while BTCitcoin is screaming ahead, it seems like holding USD cash can be a problem for btcQuick. However, the other direction will happen. At that time, everyone will want to sell BTCitcoin and there won't be enough USD unless you are ready. The trick is to manage the company in such a way as to mitigate the risks involved, and make a profit from predictability. If you can predict the peaks and valleys, you stand to make substantial profit. If not, well...

So what is btcQuick doing to predict the needs and the market?

The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light...
VJain

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:47:10 AM

Dividend payment will be made today as to include sales from yesterday.

Thanks,
-Ascension

"Today" is almost over according to my timezone. Any updates on when the dividend can be expected? Or should we expect it for end of tomorrow/a few more days?

Cheers,
VJ

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
Ascension (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:58:46 AM

We are awaiting the review and approval of our P&L from bitfunder. As soon as we have everything ready for our investors we will post the P&L and the 1st week dividend. I will post another update tomorrow @ 12:00 PM MST.

Thanks,
-Ascension
btclvr

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:46:45 PM

We are awaiting the review and approval of our P&L from bitfunder. As soon as we have everything ready for our investors we will post the P&L and the 1st week dividend. I will post another update tomorrow @ 12:00 PM MST.

Thanks,
-Ascension

Why would bitfunder have to approve anything before you pay dividends?
Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:41:36 AM

I was going to invest... good thing I waited some time. It might well be all well and good, but not making good on deadlines is not a shiny start by any means.
Ascension (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:23:54 AM

We have made a dividend payment of 10BTC or 0.00000020 BTC/share.
Between April 1st & April 8th we sold $ 48,840.83.

I apologize for the delay in getting this out. The March P&L will be posted tomorrow.

Thanks,
-Ascension
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:04:25 PM

What the hell is going on with the website.
I get 500 error in the site.

Also, I expect the following dividends to be on time.
Time is the basic language of business.
If you are not sure, multiply by two your estimation to have enough cushion for unforeseeable inconveniences.
Ascension (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:44:04 AM

The March P&L has been posted on bitfunder.

Thanks,
-Ascension
wisard

Activity: 272

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:32:37 PM

Thank you for the March P&L.

Any way to see the "number of sales" data?
One sale of 1140 BTC shows a different picture than 114 sales of 10BTC.

Also, I love how you have memberships. A small barrier to signup, but should go a long way towards making people buy again and again. Can you share any data regarding this? Any RFM numbers for members? (How Recently they've bought (so number of members signing up per day), at what Frequency do they buy and re-buy, how much do Money do they spend per transaction.)

Not sure if you're tracking these numbers, but if not - you should track RFM - it would help a lot - and not only to us share holders. But also to you in optimizing processes and conversion rates and increasing revenue.

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: