Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:10:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] btcQuick - Bitcoin Sales Service  (Read 93931 times)
hasher87

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:16:01 PM

Btcquick said they got bitcoin available 30 minutes ago on tweet. The operation seems OK. We need to wait for the dividends. But I think this time dividends won't be good because of the raising of Bitcoin.

Anyway, the operation is good, we are all good.

Dividends will not be posted for October as we were in the red, more info on this will announced shortly.
with an increasing price of bitcoin, that means the 7.5% fee is a very sharp raise to the current price, and personally i would rather just go for the bitstamp bank transfer process, even though that would make some time but at least i got the coin at a good rate

my 2 satoshis
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:27:07 AM

I wonder if this no dividends statement is a loophole for the current turmoil btc assets are currently experiencing?

No? Too hopeful? Eh I tried Smiley

I'd like to hear how you guys operated into the red this month. Was it fraudsters again? I thought that was fixed and acknowledged last month? Is it lawyer fees once again?

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
Ascension (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:11:30 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 10:41:54 PM by Ascension

We are currently working on an investor portal so that bitfunder share holders can verify their shares directly with btcQuick. We will be posting more info on this in the next week or so.

We had a net loss due to a security breach in on of our exchange accounts. After much investigation it has been determined that the individual used social engineering in order to gain access to our email server, reset passwords, and confirm bitcoin withdrawals. We made the decision to halt operations temporarily to perform our investigation and ensure that our servers had not been comprised. We determined that nothing was comprised other than our email and one of our exchange accounts. Our hot wallet was not breached and it is setup to only contain minimal amounts of bitcoin to keep up with orders. We have not received a chargeback request in over 30 days, this is due to the Identity verification Questions and miiCard integration. (Here are the bitcoin address's used to extract the stolen bitcoins 1CetsyAtp8zPUc2qbgCzoN3BnUwJrh1C6r, 126MKqkGBFgS59XGGus5pnC1iRyU96VgRn, 1NXubBjnGtuFYLwYab24ehazj2SoYQhxYA, 14W679mU5eeb5F8sbezoCJfe4UoiE2ENNu, 1A3vMK42Y43oecXmaXc4tY7boeecPeEF4h).

We had partnered with inputs.io to allow instant payments to our users, since hearing about their security breach we have ceased the ability to funds those accounts.

Moving forward we will continue to improve our service and focus on security improvements. We will be moving away from Google Checkout on november 20th as their Digital Goods platform does not allow us to keep up with our current volume (due to a 30day payout schedule). We have several other options lined up to takes it place. We will be requiring two factor (SMS or Google Auth) on all btcQuick accounts in the coming weeks. It is unfortunate that bitcoins services experience hacking attempts but it speaks to the growing legitimacy of bitcoin. We hope that we can continue to service our customers around the world as more and more people hear about bitcoin.

Thanks,
Ascension
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 08:39:08 AM

We are currently working on an investor portal so that bitfunder share holders can verify their shares directly with btcQuick. We will be posting more info on this in the next week or so.

We had a net loss due to a security breach in on of our exchange accounts. After much investigation it has been determined that the individual used social engineering in order to gain access to our email server, reset passwords, and confirm bitcoin withdrawals. We made the decision to halt operations temporarily to perform our investigation and ensure that our servers had not been comprised. We determined that nothing was comprised other than our email and one of our exchange accounts. Our hot wallet was not breached and it is setup to only contain minimal amounts of bitcoin to keep up with orders. We have not received a chargeback request in over 30 days, this is due to the Identity verification Questions and miiCard integration.

We had partnered with inputs.io to allow instant payments to our users, since hearing about their security breach we have ceased the ability to funds those accounts.

Moving forward we will continue to improve our service and focus on security improvements. We will be moving away from Google Checkout on november 20th as their Digital Goods platform does not allow us to keep up with our current volume (due to a 30day payout schedule). We have several other options lined up to takes it place. We will be requiring two factor (SMS or Google Auth) on all btcQuick accounts in the coming weeks. It is unfortunate that bitcoins services experience hacking attempts but it speaks to the growing legitimacy of bitcoin. We hope that we can continue to service our customers around the world as more and more people hear about bitcoin.

Thanks,
Ascension

Thank you very much Ascension, your sincerity is the reason I invest in BTCquick, and will hold it. Thank you for your effort again, I believe BTCquick is gonna make it big.

PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:53:03 AM

So we're doing direct shares then?

thecoinjournal

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:01:29 AM

Frankly, as an investor in Bitcoin sphere, I'm tired of moving about exchanges to be closed, direct share sounds like a once for all solution.

I'm holding some shares of BTCquick, above is just my personal opinion.

PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:11:18 AM

Frankly, as an investor in Bitcoin sphere, I'm tired of moving about exchanges to be closed, direct share sounds like a once for all solution.

I don't disagree at all. At least until there's a viable decentralized solution.

lg15x

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:13:53 AM

I don't disagree at all. At least until there's a viable decentralized solution.

I heard about the hacking for input.io. It is unfortunate that btcquick lost bitcoins. But the good news is btcquick's business is still good. This is most important for all holders.

I appreciate btcquick's hard work and will support you.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:29:48 PM

I heard about the hacking for input.io. It is unfortunate that btcquick lost bitcoins. But the good news is btcquick's business is still good. This is most important for all holders.

BTCQuick has been compensated in full for the balance on their Inputs account.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:05:05 PM

Is that mean we still we get the dividend for October?
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:34:33 PM

BtcQuick's loss is caused by one of their exchange accounts was compromised (according to Ascension), and nothing to do with Inputs.IO.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:49:03 PM

BtcQuick's loss is caused by one of their exchange accounts was compromised (according to Ascension), and nothing to do with Inputs.IO.
I don't understand what mean by compromised of their account?? sorry my English is not so good, can you explains it in easy understand matter...thank you
thecoinjournal

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 02:51:09 PM

I don't understand what mean by compromised of their account?? sorry my English is not so good, can you explains it in easy understand matter...thank you

Compromise是指密码泄露。BTCquick有一个账户的密码泄露了。

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

According to Ascension, their email address is cracked by social engineering and the hacker reset the password. The biggest mistake they made is that it seems the 2FA is not enabled (I guess now almost all exchanges support 2FA) at least for password reset. Kind of unforgivable.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:01:18 PM

According to Ascension, their email address is cracked by social engineering and the hacker reset the password. The biggest mistake they made is that it seems the 2FA is not enabled (I guess now almost all exchanges support 2FA) at least for password reset. Kind of unforgivable.

Ok ,I see...what a stupid mistake,but however seems they still works ok... I really hope they can immigrate its shares to HF....please ,I don't want to hold direct shares ,it cause difficulty to trade....
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:06:46 PM

Isn't the "we've been hax0red" scam pretty much burnt down by now?
I suggest a little-used variant: "We've been h4xd by Da Goberment."
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:21:30 PM

BtcQuick and Input.IO are different.

We are all customers of Input.IO, so claiming hacking does not help the operator much. Anyway, the operator has to compensate the loss of all customers.

But in BtcQuick's case, we are investors. Whether investors should take the risk of hacking is not so clear. Therefore, whether Ascension will compensate the investors loss is also unclear. But previously he did not compensate the loss caused by charge back. Therefore, it is more likely he will not compensate the loss this time. In this case, claiming 'hacking' becomes convenient to the operator. The shareholders should at least ask for more evidence of the hacking rather than taking the words blindly.
E.Sam

Activity: 393

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 03:38:17 PM

We had a net loss due to a security breach in on of our exchange accounts.

Could you please disclose the amount?

Cheers.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:39:50 PM

BtcQuick and Input.IO are different.

We are all customers of Input.IO, so claiming hacking does not help the operator much. Anyway, the operator has to compensate the loss of all customers.

But in BtcQuick's case, we are investors. Whether investors should take the risk of hacking is not so clear. Therefore, whether Ascension will compensate the investors loss is also unclear. But previously he did not compensate the loss caused by charge back. Therefore, it is more likely he will not compensate the loss this time. In this case, claiming 'hacking' becomes convenient to the operator. The shareholders should at least ask for more evidence of the hacking rather than taking the words blindly.

We need more transparency on the information....without evidences anything can be made up.....
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:16:58 PM

Yes, we need some kind of audit system.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: