Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:49:27 PM

this should be done on a regular basis, I mean not easy to teach teenagers who are looking for identity, or maturity. Yes kipto world can make us become rich. It affects a person's life. If you want to teach someone, or a group of teenagers, I think you should give a basic education about bitcoin recognition and give real practice.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:02:51 PM

First of all it is much easier to explain bitcoin to teenagers then older generations, since teenagers are born with computer technology.
If you wanna explain teenagers what bitcoin is, you need to first explain them what is money, what is monetary system that we are using today.
And when they understand basics of our fiat/monetary sytem you can tell them that bitcoin is next generation of money that we are using on daily basis.
Like if we look a little bit back in 1990... we all have been using only cash and bank booklet. Then the mastercard, maestro cards came to daily users. That was the next stage how we use money. So Bitcoin is in one way next generation of money, But it is decentralised, wich means that there is no central banks , governments etc behind it! It is actually money that works very fairly despite €, $, etc that we are using today.
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:32:24 PM

A decentralized virtual currency that can be used anywhere with fast transaction speed and low fees. Why would you try to explain BTC in a difficult manner to a small children in the first place?

mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:47:21 PM

Anytime you describe something, it must be presented as a game)
For example, the real money come from bank, bitcoins are also money, but their home is the Internet)
Yeah you are right but this game thing is good for children not teens. Because children like to play games but most of the teens don’t. So if you are telling teens about bitcoin you should succeed in making their interest in bitcoin and that can be done by explaining the benefits of bitcoin. If I get a chance to explain about it, I would start It like “do you want to be rich by just sitting in your home”. Because teens are good in thinking and they will never do such stuff that won’t give them benefit.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:30:22 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
Yes, i agree with him. Bitcoin is difficult to explain and difficult to understand but if you explain it clearly and the teenager have eagerness to know it. It is good for them and it will clearly understand by them. I think the teenagers these days have enough knowledge about technology. Thats why its easy for them to access bitcoin through internet.
Feng Shui

Activity: 700
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:55:15 AM

Of course with the game, because teenagers or children likes to the game, the game in many gadgets related to bitcoin we can download the game. After a lot of collecting then we directed them to be exchanged with fiat money.
Loope

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:01:30 AM

For me, Bitcoin is gonna be hard to explain to children but for teenagers it is not to hard cause teenagers can understand what is bitcoin all about, if you explain the whole concept of bitcoin, In some children they probably understand not the whole concept but they understand only bitcoin is a kind of online work where you were able to work in your free time only.

Aleya

Activity: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:41:21 AM

children doesn't need to know about currency,but teenagers does,and i think there's so many explanation video in youtube so don't wasting effort wasting your time when you can just give them about the link of video so they can learn from it,whether they will be interested or not,it's definitely depend on them

Right
Bitcoin is not a easy theme. It,s too much difficult .So children does not need to know about bitcoin. Children are very soft minded. They can not bear it load. But teenagers does know about bitcoin. They can watch different bitcoin discussion. So they easily learn about it. If you are interested you will learn many  things, that helps your life in future.
greatr

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:59:21 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

I am sure that most of kids and adults don't know what bitcoin is, but that don't mean that it will be too hard for them to understand it. If they know paypal, just tell them that it is similar - virtual money. They don't have to know anything about blockchains and other confusing things.

Youngsters cant effectively comprehend what is bitcoin, whats the procedure, how it works. In any case, I think, the most straightforward approach to disclose bitcoin to youngsters that its an digital cash, monry on the web and demonstrates a few recordings how can it functions. Shows some video that youngsters can without much of a stretch get it

That's the point. I am sure that it would be hard to understand even for 13 year old kid, older ones might understand it more but not young ones. But like i said, they don't need to know that. They can use bitcoins even if they don't know how they work, while i am sure that they know or at least will understand what digital money is.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:06:28 AM

I am sure that most of kids and adults don't know what bitcoin is, but that don't mean that it will be too hard for them to understand it. If they know paypal, just tell them that it is similar - virtual money. They don't have to know anything about blockchains and other confusing things.

Youngsters cant effectively comprehend what is bitcoin, whats the procedure, how it works. In any case, I think, the most straightforward approach to disclose bitcoin to youngsters that its an digital cash, monry on the web and demonstrates a few recordings how can it functions. Shows some video that youngsters can without much of a stretch get it

That's the point. I am sure that it would be hard to understand even for 13 year old kid, older ones might understand it more but not young ones. But like i said, they don't need to know that. They can use bitcoins even if they don't know how they work, while i am sure that they know or at least will understand what digital money is.
Additionally their minds are not not concentrated on things such as money yet, there is a great chance that they won't have the interest in learning what Bitcoin is because they might find it boring and hard to understand, look at subjects such as math and science this are the subjects in which most students flunk the most because it does not interest them. It is only when they have a self-realization on the importance of money and investment in which they will be interested about Bitcoin.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM

There are so many ways to explain the concept to teenagers using books on btc, youtube videos etc. However, I don't think that teenagers would appreciate the information and totally grasp the concept. I myself began to be actively interested only when graduating from University, at the so-called age of reason. But who knows, maybe future children and teenagers are different and more able to appreciate the value of money and concepts behind it. Everything in the world is changing so swiftly!
xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:14:52 AM

iknow children and teenagers now is know how to use computer so that they are easy to teach them how to earn..its a simple to explain what bitcoin is.. just tell them that bitcoin can buy you alot of things if you know how to earn even you are a teenager..

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 04:37:11 PM

I donth think so can children understand bitcoin easily it is a long process if you do..And as of now i dont like to teach them what bitcoin is because they can easily got money and for sure they will learn by their own on how to go on gumbling..when they in a right age i am pretty sure that i am going to introduce it to them to have a profit and have an extra income to shoulder their expenses.
Yes true, those games are good enough to teach young people on how to earn money or bitcoin but for children I agree that they must not the tought on how to earn money at the early age, this might cause their thinking into something. Let them just play around the park and see the natural beauty not by computer or gadget or not by earning it. We already have so many computer games and kids these days play so less outdoor games.  That is really not good for the kids.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:51:51 AM

Why do you keep trying to explain the concept of Bitcoin two different people? It is an economic instrument considered a commodity legally and it will be explained in the public schools just like the Fiat has been explained for several years.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:29:56 AM

Why do you keep trying to explain the concept of Bitcoin two different people? It is an economic instrument considered a commodity legally and it will be explained in the public schools just like the Fiat has been explained for several years.
When the government will widely recognize bitcoin then for sure they will educate the young ones about bitcoin.
And even if they don't, if a certain individual is really interested then there is always an internet that gives free information that one can check.

bitcoinvestor (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

A decentralized virtual currency that can be used anywhere with fast transaction speed and low fees. Why would you try to explain BTC in a difficult manner to a small children in the first place?
No problem if our children know, at least they know how to use and make small transaction using bitcoin, it is the first step to teach them more complicated things about bitcoin.
MRlong

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:21:36 AM

When the government will widely recognize bitcoin then for sure they will educate the young ones about bitcoin.
And even if they don't, if a certain individual is really interested then there is always an internet that gives free information that one can check.
They don't need wait government accept Bitcoin in future or not, today very easy for find knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency world. They just need have a PC and internet for seach on google. Grin
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:38:51 AM

Yeah i think its hard to explain to children about  bitcoin. Becuase children know all about playing reading and go to school so dont try to teach or explain about bitcoin. .so i think teenager must be know all about bitcoin for someday teenager never regret becuase even if they are teenagers they earn a lot of bitcoin in the future.
jackky

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:45:28 AM

I think just show them the easiest way of finding bitcoin ! Show them the current price ! Show them the benefit that bitcoin can give to people ! Don't teach them about the history , the meaning of bitcoin ! It's a lot for a newbie can manage ! My brother show me the current price of bitcoin and claiming free satoshi when i started ! Now i have my bitcoin i'm trading with him
bitcoinvestor (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:44:17 PM

Yeah i think its hard to explain to children about  bitcoin. Becuase children know all about playing reading and go to school so dont try to teach or explain about bitcoin. .so i think teenager must be know all about bitcoin for someday teenager never regret becuase even if they are teenagers they earn a lot of bitcoin in the future.
I think if you say don't try to teach, I can't agree 100 %. My question is, if you have a lot of asset, and you don't know when you die, If you die, you don't tell anything about your bitcoin possession, Who will receive your legacy. When children are able to understand send and receive bitcoin, I think is enough, when you die your legacy will not loose in the network.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: