Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:47:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
Rj Manik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:45:06 AM

It's a very difficult thing that explain bitcoin to teenagers or children.I think teenagers can be told about Bitcoin, to work hard. But it is impossible for the children to know about it.If I start to mean the introduction of a teenager to Bitcoin, he will be able to understand.
AntonioE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:52:18 AM

Well kids nowadays are really techy or should I say gadget pros. Of course they use to play games and socialize with their friends tru social media other than that they can't do anything. However if you teach a kid how to make money with bitcoin like just playing a game that would be a great idea. Kids are fast learners and they create their own ways on how to deal with new things. You can teach them to save money instead of putting it in the bank let them know that investing in Bitcoin is much more promising.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:53:22 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old

I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”

From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU

NightCloudz07

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:55:50 AM

In today's world most teenagers were looking for a part time job in order for them fill their personal needs what parents cannot provide for them. So I think this will be the reason on how to easily explain bitcoin as one source wherein they can have extra money to sustain their daily needs. This can help them also increase their financial literacy.
explain it to theme with a good examples and with good manners and right codduct

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:00:26 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

On my side, bitcoin is not that complicated to explain, as long as you tell them that you can earn money with purely hard work, without investing anything. I think that sure give them a little bit of interest in knowing what is bitcoin. In my case, I was told by a friend about this bitcoin stuff, he told me that I can earn just by using faucets, so I did, I only earn 1usd back then, but because of my curiosity about bitcoin, I started researching and finally found this forum. And I'm really glad I've join, because of this, I can really earn extra money.
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:04:02 AM

I've met teenagers who are well versed in bitcoin. Some of them will wind up advising some of us older folk. Don't underestimate them!
This is so true, teenagers have more time than us in these kind of things, surely if they want to earn some money without looking for a job bitcoin will be great for them and it is up to them how they're going to understand it, by simply doing some research they can earn bitcoin.
I think it is not so simple to teach about bitcoin to children because their minds are not so developed and it will be difficult to create interest.It is easier to explain to teenagers rather than to children because teenagers are mostly interested in computers and internet and more of digital stuff.When they get to know about earnings from bitcoin,it will be much more easier to convince them to join bitcoin.I personally think that when their children or kids start to earn money,it is a very proud moment for their parents.Parents will support this step of their children to join bitcoin and earn money.
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:21:11 AM

Indeed to provide an explanation of bitcoin to children or adolescents will require patience and need more serious guidance to be easily understood by them.
And of course very good if in adolescence has to have their own income through this bitcoin will certainly educate children to learn more independent life.
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:30:03 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

In my opinion, teaching bitcoin to children or teenagers would be very challenging as its methods and origin are very complicated for them to understand. Instead of teaching them bitcoin when obviously they would learn nothing, you teach them the basics of investing or saving money. You teach them the right ways of money circulation, and its value around the world. You can also teach them how to save money for their future use and explain them the basics of inflation.

Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:08:53 AM

It takes time for them to fully understand what bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are so we need to explain them step by step. We can't just force them to understand when we try to explain it to them in one go. We first need to peek their interest about bitcoin so that it will trigger more and more questions from them and they will easily remember what you explained to them in bitcoin.
Pasabm

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:01:27 AM

Explaining about bitcoin to children is a bit difficult, because they do not understand about finances and how to make money. Because they are used to asking for money to their parents. Teaching bitcoin in teenagers must be patient because of the many challenges.we have to do is to give the knowledge of bitcoin in a basic and simple way, do it continuously until they get used to the word bitcoin. Appear to want to know and start interested in bitcoin.
swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:27:31 AM

To explain bitcoin to teenager and children, we need to make an example for them to fully understand how it works and most especially it's value. I'm thinking of comparing it to a game. Like when they don't want to spend their money in it because it's difficult to earn.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:44:53 AM

Best way of explaining is using the gold analogy.

But I think explaining it to a person in his/her early teens will be quite diffiicult. Best to wait till the person reaches late teens and then explain

I think you're actually right, I have a cousin and he started to earn bitcoins since the last month of 2015 he was 10th grade student at that time and after a month of doing faucets and captcha works he started to invest but unfortunately he was scammed by a hyip sites so I decided to teach him how to properly invest and I also introduced him to trading. I think it depends on a teenager if he or she was very literate on using different devices especially computers.

Kmrherradura05

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

soohi

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:46:03 AM

I think Bitcoin can be best explain to teenagers and childrens when Bitcoin is included on their subject. I think best subject where bitcoin might be included is on computer subject. So that childrens and teenagers will better understand different ways including technical meanings of bitcoin.

Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:15:54 PM

In my opinion children and teenagers just like me must know the meaning nor the purpose of the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is important nowadays it helps us to make our life change it tends to give us and sustain what we wanted, just like what you said I have a difficulties in understanding what bitcoin is but I tried and I tried to learn and know about it and after a month I already what it is for and what's the purpose of this currency, most that I get information is from the people who post their ideas which gives me the knowledge to know the bitcoin. If i have time to tell this to others especially to my friends and classmate I will convince them by telling them the benefits that I can get here in the forum.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
Bitcoinbitcoin0909

Activity: 268

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:04:37 PM

I think you need to consider first who and what is your audience because children or teenagers does not have broad knowledge in the world. So maybe some of the children or teenagers are not interest in bitcoin. Teenagers wants to play, play, play and more happiness. So I think you need to be good in persuading those teenagers. Tell them what is bitcoin, how bitcoin created, who created the bitcoin, what can yout get in using bitcoin.

rxone

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:05:24 PM

Best way of explaining is using the gold analogy.
But I think explaining it to a person in his/her early teens will be quite diffiicult. Best to wait till the person reaches late teens and then explain
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:12:23 PM

In my opinion, teaching bitcoin to children or teenagers would be very challenging as its methods and origin are very complicated for them to understand. Instead of teaching them bitcoin when obviously they would learn nothing, you teach them the basics of investing or saving money. You teach them the right ways of money circulation, and its value around the world. You can also teach them how to save money for their future use and explain them the basics of inflation.

Teenagers has different mentality and it was a good thing if he/she is very desperate to become rich the money will be his/her motivation to learn about bitcoins. It will be a very nice idea if they will teach bitcoins in college or high school so everyone will be knowledgeable as early as now.
A.nayem

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:20:02 PM

#I don't think so.
In fact, I really think that teenagers or children can understand Bitcoin much better than older generation.
They are born in digital age, with Internet and they are very open for the new technologies, ideas and projects.
then you should treat bitcoin the same way too. only learn how to create a wallet (you can even use a wallet like coin base and not worry about anything else except them banning your account) and also hot to send/receive bitcoin.
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:27:37 PM

The best explanation of blockchain that I've seen:
Blockchain is a diary with notes that cannot be falsificated and are open to everybody.

Thus, bitcoin is a currency with 21 million coins and every transaction is written in that diary.

It's simple.
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:32:05 PM

To explain bitcoin in many people it is very difficult if they do not understand about the internet, to provide a very difficult understanding if they are not accompanied by people who really understand about bitcoin. But if those who understand about the internet then they will quickly understand tetek bitcoin secaya slowly.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: