Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMC] Monero Classic - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 13935 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:33:05 PM

Good bait for trying replicating xmr success.
Why we need classic ? (with moderate thread ? )

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:53:38 PM

Much of this research is done by the Monero Classic Research Lab.

Congrats on forming your own research lab! Please note, though, that you will need to correctly attribute publications from the Monero Research Lab to them, you cannot reattribute them to yourself.

Further to fluffypony's comments the content on https://getmonero.org/ is copyrighted and subject to the following terms from https://getmonero.org/legal/copyright

The Monero Project

The majority of the content on this website, including the Monero logo and our Monero Missive podcast, is copyright The Monero Project. It is made available under the CC BY 3.0 license (the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license). This means that you can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. However, when doing so you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests The Monero Project endorses you or your use.

I will also refer to https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.

On another note I will also refer to the following FinCEN guidance in the United States: https://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html This is relevant because the crowd sale could easily require those administering the crowd sale to register as an MSB in the United States. There may also be similar regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:36:18 PM

The HFs are getting a little out of hand these days...

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:40:45 PM

Why would such a coin be usefull ?

It is same way as ETc, but as far as i known, ETH Classic has been created because ETH had been forked after DAO hacked...

So, why? Huh

Monero Classic is a project to keep the original censorship-resistant, immutable, decentralized Monero, XMC runs without a centralized controlled board of decision makers.

In other words, you would rather have yourself as the lead instead of the dedicated team who has worked hard for the past two years to construct the technology you now claim. The original team has not acted deviantly.

I don't doubt that people will fall for this, but this is wrong in so many ways. This is not Monero.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:45:48 PM

I still don't know what the complaint about the original Monero is even supposed to be.

In fact if I put any money into this it'll just be with the expectation of a short term pump...

Which I don't like doing cause it's basically gambling.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:10:37 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Words do not exist to describe, trying to capitalize on Monero's success with an ICO with nothing more than a slight name change is pretty low. anyone that buys into this is a moron that deserves to lose, which they will.

:ADDED:

Keep deleting and I keep reposting. Scammers learn quickly that I will win.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:18:23 AM

Crowdfund Update | 30 August 2016

9,826,163 of 12,769,305 XMC available.

a total of 2,943,142 XMC has been sold since crowdsale launch

24.03% Complete

Thank you all who have supported the project so far.
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:20:11 AM

I'm interested to see what this is going to become Smiley.

Are you also planning on starting a signature campaign?

In the future once we are more established on exchanges we will look into advertisement and campaigns. 
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:48:06 AM

ANN: Monero Classicer. Like Monero Classic but even classicer. Just send 10,000 monero to my completely anonymous address and I will make your rich. I certainly wont just run away with the money.

ANN: Monero Vintage.  It's timelesser and classicer than even Monero Classicer.  Crowdsale has now begun, with 100% bonus for first hour participants. 

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Mouse020

Activity: 303

No one like you

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:02:48 AM

Grin which coin hot
which coin Classic
yns1971

Activity: 399

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:10:21 AM

good luck dev
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 02:27:24 AM

Jeezy Louisey...

Suffice it to say that I've had a lot of bad luck with clonecoins of this sort. So this time, my bad luck will consist in me doing without this incredible opportunity. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:32:33 AM

bitcoin classic will be realease too  Grin
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:53:40 AM

good luck dev

Thanks for your support.
axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:00:37 AM

good luck dev

Thanks for your support.

wth my post has been deleted with no reason !!  Shocked
Ense04

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:05:48 AM

Sounds legit. Where do I buy?
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:08:02 AM

Sounds legit. Where do I buy?

Thank you for your support, details are in the main announcement thread.
sundowner

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:11:26 AM

Transferring all my savings into this legitimate coin asap
Dave Wilkinson (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:12:36 AM

Transferring all my savings into this legitimate coin asap

Cheesy Wink

not a good idea, only invest money you can afford to loose.
sundowner

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:13:05 AM

Do you accept Mentrio nxt tokens as payment?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: