Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:46:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use a Bitcoin debit card?  (Read 7713 times)
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 01:48:36 PM

Hello friends. Love this topic, good discussion too.

I found this Bitcoin Debit Card Comparison Guide. I hope you all find it useful!

I like the convenience that the debit cards provide, but I think it's a mistake if the cards don't say "bitcoin" on them. We miss an opportunity to show people when and how frequently we're using Bitcoin.

How do we get these cards to have a Bitcoin related reference on them?

About the list of bitcoin debit cards presented above,  is interesting.  The overall fee is more important in comparation with price we pay per plastic card,  because that fees will pay every time we use the card.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:12:24 PM

Actually, I do not like debit cards, it's a form of self-made debt, but it's still good for us if it can be used with Bitcoin. In part, it will help Bitcoin become more popular and more and more people use it for more conventional payment services.

krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:46:19 AM

Some people i know had asked for those debit cards but somehow they had canceled those cards for out country soo we have no option besides exchange the bitcoins into fiat, i believe sooner or later someone will come with those debit cards as bitcoin gets more popular here as well, not all people interested into have such debit card.
Bestpromoter

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:55:34 AM

well if that debit card available here in the philippines well i will buy one to safe my bitcoins, bitcoin is the best bank for me so that i will buy some of that if that is available here, but where would that can withdraw?
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

Some people i know had asked for those debit cards but somehow they had canceled those cards for out country soo we have no option besides exchange the bitcoins into fiat, i believe sooner or later someone will come with those debit cards as bitcoin gets more popular here as well, not all people interested into have such debit card.
My be in some countries some people are using bitcoin debit card, but in my area bitcoin is very new, still a small number of people are using it, therefore i do not think that in my country any person will be using such card, May be in future when bitcoin will become more popular then we can expect that bitcoin debit card will be available here.
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 558

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:37:35 PM

well if that debit card available here in the philippines well i will buy one to safe my bitcoins, bitcoin is the best bank for me so that i will buy some of that if that is available here, but where would that can withdraw?

Soon that will happen.Like a fiat withdrawal ,bitcoin withdrawal will also happen.For that some things should happen.

1.Bitcoin should replace the entire Currency System.
2.Bitcoin bank should be implemented.
3.Like a FIAT,Bitcoin also should be in paper form to withdrawal.

Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:56:15 PM

Actually, I do not like debit cards, it's a form of self-made debt, but it's still good for us if it can be used with Bitcoin. In part, it will help Bitcoin become more popular and more and more people use it for more conventional payment services.

How is it a form of self-made debt? In fact, I like debit cards as compared to credit cards because the transactions are real time and whenever I make a transaction, the expense is automatically deducted to my account. Unlike with credit cards where you pay at a later period. With debit cards, I won’t be able to purchase without having the sufficient balance in my account.

To answer OP, no I do not because none are available in my country. Perhaps if there was, I would have one because I’d find it convenient.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1525

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 05:05:30 PM

Soon that will happen.Like a fiat withdrawal ,bitcoin withdrawal will also happen.For that some things should happen.

I see you are quite optimistic. What does “soon” for you mean? If it means at least ten years I might agree with you up to a point.

However, I’m not so sure that bitcoin will replace the entire Currency System, I think it will rather co-exist with it.

Bitcoin bank? Do you mean like traditional ones?

Paper form doesn’t sound so strange to me but overall, those statements seem too heavy for me as to state that they will happen soon.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:21:37 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 07:01:02 AM by bitcad4u

I see you are quite optimistic. What does “soon” for you mean? If it means at least ten years I might agree with you up to a point.

However, I’m not so sure that bitcoin will replace the entire Currency System, I think it will rather co-exist with it.

Paper form doesn’t sound so strange to me but overall, those statements seem too heavy for me as to state that they will happen soon.

May be in future when bitcoin will become more popular then we can expect that bitcoin debit card will be available here and The overall fee is more important in comparation with price we pay per plastic card.Like a Fiats DEBIT cards,Bitcoin debit card also will Generated in future.

Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:35:16 PM

Just curious how many users use one of these..

I've started using Xapo and its pretty good actually.
I can buy whatever I want with BTC.

They have some fees,I tried finding some companies with lower fees but no luck.

They card costs 18$,I guess it was..Actually all companies want like 15$-20$ for a debit card.
Which is a good investment..I guess..

Which one do u use and what are their fees? Smiley
Not really, the price of the coin is much too low for Bitcoin to get spent.

buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 05:41:52 PM

Not quite yet but I get closer everyday as I ordered one last month and it should be here quite soon. Cannot wait for the day I can buy stuff in real life with my crypto coins. Gonna be a incredible day to say the least  Wink Cheesy

apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 05:57:05 PM

some people are using bitcoin debit card, but in my area bitcoin is very new, still a small number of people are using it, therefore i do not think that in my country any person will be using such card, May be in future when bitcoin will become more popular then we can expect that bitcoin debit card will be available here and The overall fee is more important in comparation with price we pay per plastic card,  because that fees will pay every time we use the card.

You can use your bitcoin card in your country too !
Physical or Virtual Bitcoin cards are just like any other Visa, Mastercard,etc Credit/Debit Cards. You can use your bitcoin cards in all the stores that accept these cards. The only difference in bitcoin cards is that they loaded with cryptocoins instead of fiat, rest all is same.

Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:24:15 PM

I've only used OKPay so far (The Physical one), the card issue costs $15, with free shipping. At the same time, the fees seem reasonable and do not offer a monthly fees, like many others do. I've used it a couple of times and faced no issues, even internationally.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:31:48 PM

For that very reason I don't think we'll het any easy to obtain/use and reliable card anytime soon. Last thing issuers want is to see crypto slowly killing them.

billysunday2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:54:00 PM

There an ICO called SALT - where you do not have to spend your Bitcoin - you can use it as collaterial for a loan instead.  That way you can keep you crypto for large price spikes up - and the loan does not become a taxable event as you technically still own your bitcoin.  I do believe they also will be giving debit cards.  They have not actually started issueing loans yet - think they are waiting for legal team to iron out things.  But you can pick up the SALT tokens for $3 right now - which will get you a loan of up to $10,000 - once they go Live with project I am sure the SALT tokens will rise in value. For 30 Tokens you can get loans for up to 1 Million.  the tokens are used for annual membership fees for the service.  The interest rates should be low because they hold you Bitcoin as collaterial.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

Having a debit card does not mean that it is a self made debt card,it just helps people in using and spend bitcoin in different ways and i would like to have a debit card in my country,but sadly i am still waiting for a company to come up with a card for the people of my country,but i hope the transactions charges are not exotic . Cheesy
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:21:06 PM

I use my phone to send and receive bitcoin, i haven't use any of bitcoin debit card. but i wish i could have atleast one. they said that the best bitcoin debit card is xapo. well there's alot of bitcoin debit card that selling online and i will buy soon..

Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 09:51:51 AM

Unfortunately i've never used a bitcoin debit card but i'm pretty sure that i will use one of those . it will be really amazing i think

Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:45:52 AM

No I don’t use bitcoin credit card because in my country this facility is not available. I just use my bitcoin wallet and when I need money I withdraw my bitcoin and the available exchanger convert my bitcoins in my local currency. It is more comfortable for me than using credit cards.

I trust mostly in direct dealing other than credit cards because of the scammers and hackers around the world and the authorities does not accept any misuse in any case.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:11:25 AM

No I don’t use bitcoin credit card because in my country this facility is not available. I just use my bitcoin wallet and when I need money I withdraw my bitcoin and the available exchanger convert my bitcoins in my local currency. It is more comfortable for me than using credit cards.

I trust mostly in direct dealing other than credit cards because of the scammers and hackers around the world and the authorities does not accept any misuse in any case.

Unfortunately bitcoin debitcard is not yet available in our country but if ever it would be available , I would love to have one. It is more accessible since you don't have to have an internet access so you can easily buy or pay something you want.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: