Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BTE] (Genesis block launch April,1 2013)  (Read 12036 times)
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:20:32 AM

Best april fool ever if bytecoin worth 1 billion$ in 4 years !

IN !!

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:27:58 AM

If starting a new P2P currency was as simple has restarting a new block chain with same software, then all P2P currency would be nearly worthless.

First mover advantage and inertia goes to Bitcoin.

To get some of that, you must innovate, not just copy.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Maria2.0 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:32:20 PM

If starting a new P2P currency was as simple has restarting a new block chain with same software, then all P2P currency would be nearly worthless.

Like the other poster said, McDonald's and Burger King. It's part of life.

On the logo, it's not much but I will give 20 LR to the creator as a thank you for delivering in such a short notice. We only have 2 days till launch date.

Maria 2.0
Maria2.0 (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:36:25 PM

An exact alt coin, No changes at all. Think of it as a bitcoin re-launch, a fresh start for those who started mining late.

Oh dear, someone's annoyed they missed the boat.

Yeah, you can easy start a new block chain. Won't be worth nothing though. Value == zero.

Epic fail.

Oh dear, how much did bitcoin value when satoshi launched the genesis block?

Sign.... It doesn't work like that.

We don't want 2 blockchains on the go. Think of the confusion with addresses.
You clearly haven't thought this through properly.

What confusion are you talking about? You seemed to be very confused on how competing block chains work. Satoshi himself loved the idea of competing block chains and forks.

Maria 2.0

Well lets enter this fictitious world where you've started a new blockchain and the new coins actually have some value.

Now can someone send me coins to 1H31sodppAm4SqkYipRBxAa8w6Y4NT94KC

What blockchain does that address relate to? The old one or the new one?

I would hope she would at least change the address prefix.  B and b both appear to be available: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

I raised this critical issue, but it appears of been brushed under the carpet.

More interested in closing their eyes and dreaming about how wealthy they will become.

Epic fail.

Nobody brushed your concern under the carpet. It was a valid point, with a negative tone, but we heard it. Thanks

Maria 2.0
zemario

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:26:05 PM

You haters can bitch all you want. If you knew Maria 2.0 you would know how you're making yourselves look like idiots. But I guess I could care less.

Maria 2.0 where can I download the client. I'm definitely in, where do I donwload the client?

(10/10)
Maria2.0 (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:36:58 PM

You haters can bitch all you want. If you knew Maria 2.0 you would know how you're making yourselves look like idiots. But I guess I could care less.

Maria 2.0 where can I download the client. I'm definitely in, where do I donwload the client?

(10/10)

Thank you for your support!

You will be able to download and start mining on your client on April 1, 2013.

Maria 2.0
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:43:42 PM

(10/10)

Thank you for your support!

You will be able to download and start mining on your client on April 1, 2013.

Maria 2.0

Some people have the word "SCAMMER" permanently posted under their name on the forum. Can Maria 2.0 have the word "TROLL" posted under her name?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:03:51 PM

An exact alt coin, No changes at all. Think of it as a bitcoin re-launch, a fresh start for those who started mining late.

Oh dear, someone's annoyed they missed the boat.

Yeah, you can easy start a new block chain. Won't be worth nothing though. Value == zero.

Epic fail.

Oh dear, how much did bitcoin value when satoshi launched the genesis block?

Sign.... It doesn't work like that.

We don't want 2 blockchains on the go. Think of the confusion with addresses.
You clearly haven't thought this through properly.

What confusion are you talking about? You seemed to be very confused on how competing block chains work. Satoshi himself loved the idea of competing block chains and forks.

Maria 2.0

Please give me a link where Satoshi wrote that?

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:07:43 PM

On the logo, it's not much but I will give 20 LR to the creator as a thank you for delivering in such a short notice. We only have 2 days till launch date.

Maria 2.0

Burger King offered me "Have It Your Way" where I could request no mayo and extra ketchup (way back in the days when my local McDonalds was just a walk-up window without pavement). Even a decade ago, Burger King offered something that didn't taste like cardboard.

Bytecoin offers what differentiation?

The entire point of competing currencies is the competition between value due to possessing different properties so the market is more diverse.

The only difference that I can see with Bytecoin are the trivial one of its name, and that it is in a different stage of adoption. Is that latter difference valuable enough to justify it? If yes, then it means about 10 of us should go copy what Bytecoin is doing right now, and thus destroy Bytecoin's difference. I could launch a copy of Bytecoin on April 1 too if I wanted. In fact, I could launch 10 copies of Bytecoin.

Shall we do this nonsense war?

Innovate please. Bring something new to stimulate the overall market for P2P currencies. Don't just be a freeloader.

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:11:34 PM

So I'm guessing there will be an upper limit of 2,625,000 bytecoins, correct (i.e. 21 million divided by 8, since there are 8 bytes in a bit).
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:12:41 PM

So I'm guessing there will be an upper limit of 2,625,000 bytecoins, correct (i.e. 21 million divided by 8, since there are 8 bytes in a bit).

Oh I did not know this. So Bytecoin's big difference is even smaller money supply?

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:14:45 PM

get american back to work by mining shit
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:15:50 PM

There are 8 bits in 1 byte.

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:22:03 PM

lol typo, tks
frga13

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:30:48 PM

Grin
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:41:08 PM

Smaller money supply means less inclusive:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160612.msg1703553#msg1703553
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160612.msg1705610#msg1705610

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:45:41 PM

Since this is a CPU miner, can I use my Commodore 64???
Maria2.0 (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:11:56 PM

Since this is a CPU miner, can I use my Commodore 64???

Yes you can, make sure you talk to Luke-jr so he can help you set up your miner.

Maria 2.0
Maria2.0 (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:44:25 PM

Maria 2.0

Burger King offered me "Have It Your Way" where I could request no mayo and extra ketchup (way back in the days when my local McDonalds was just a walk-up window without pavement). Even a decade ago, Burger King offered something that didn't taste like cardboard.

Bytecoin offers what differentiation?

The entire point of competing currencies is the competition between value due to possessing different properties so the market is more diverse.

The only difference that I can see with Bytecoin are the trivial one of its name, and that it is in a different stage of adoption. Is that latter difference valuable enough to justify it? If yes, then it means about 10 of us should go copy what Bytecoin is doing right now, and thus destroy Bytecoin's difference. I could launch a copy of Bytecoin on April 1 too if I wanted. In fact, I could launch 10 copies of Bytecoin.

Shall we do this nonsense war?

Innovate please. Bring something new to stimulate the overall market for P2P currencies. Don't just be a freeloader.

In your comparison, bytecoin is BurgerKing, and yes, you can have it your way!

The official denomination is:

BTE

BTE Vs BTC Exchange coming soon!

Maria 2.0
HISTR

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:04:53 PM

Nobody should be surprised that since BTC now has a genuine value all sorts of competitors and wannabes will pop up.  Heck, many already have (litecoin, terracoin, etc).  If BTC goes into orbit we can expect dozens, if not hundreds.   They don't add anything, as BTC can go down eight decimal places, and all they can do is confuse the general public, which we really need to get involved.  Lots of people are mining "litecoins" and "terracoins," desperately hoping not to miss the bandwagon this time around.  I sense fail. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: