Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My bank account's got robbed by European Commission. Over 700k is lost.  (Read 408451 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:45:52 PM

The most of circulating assets on our business Current Account are blocked.
Over 700k of expropriated money will be used to repay country's debt. Probably we will get back about 20% of this amount in 6-7 years.

I'm not Russian oligarch, but just European medium size IT business. Thousands of other companies around Cyprus have the same situation.

The business is definitely ruined, all Cypriot workers to be fired.
We are moving to small Caribbean country where authorities have more respect to people's assets. Also we are thinking about using Bitcoin to pay wages and for payments between our partners.

Special thanks to:

- Jeroen Dijsselbloem
- Angela Merkel
- Manuel Barroso
- the rest of officials of "European Comission"

P.S. The worst thing is, that even a month ago I was suspecting that things can go wrong. In February, I several times called my banker and lawyer and asked them if money on the account is safe, mentioning that article in Financial Times. But they convinced me that there is no reason to worry, and even if country goes default, in no way current accounts may be affected. "This is European Union and banks here can't just grab your money and go" I was told.
I got a hard lesson and now I know the meaning of phrase "TRUST NO ONE".

[ 2013-04-01 11:32:19 PM Update ]
Deposits under €100,000 in Laiki will be transferred to the BoC. All deposits belonging to credit institutions, insurance companies, the government and other public bodies such as local authorities and municipal councils will also be carried over to the BoC. The same applies for charity foundations, schools and educational bodies and deposits belonging to the country’s main bank card transaction agency, JCC Payment Systems Ltd. Depositors who move from Laiki to the BoC are not part of the haircut.
The deposits that will not be transferred to the BoC will be part of a bad bank that will undergo resolution, i.e. an orderly wind down. Although the money will be there nominally, depositors will not have access to their money for an indefinite amount of time. As the bad bank slowly starts tidying up its account books cash would start going into the accounts, but the depositors could lose a substantial part of their savings if the bad bank fails to fully recoup all of its bad assets, as expected by analysts.
Source: cyprus-mail.com

Now we have untouchables whose accounts in Laiki Bank are not affected. This means that money expropriated from regular business, current and savings accounts will sponsor all other "tax exempt" accounts.

[ 2013-04-02 05:32:24 PM Update ]

I have news from a law company who are now working on class action lawsuit filed by the depositors of Laiki Popular Bank and The Bank of Cyprus.
At this moment they are gathering information from affected account holders with over 100k EUR amounts and looking for legal grounds to appeal the seizure of funds.

Our attorney assumes that, with the current situation, it is most likely that the depositors of Laiki Bank will eventually lose 100% of any amount over 100K EUR.
Although legal research is not yet finished, lawyers suspect that the whole situation with bailout is contrary to the constitution of Cyprus and the European Declaration of Human Rights.
We have already had precedents where local Cypriot lawyers backed by influential business figures have already won some small victories.

I'm asking everyone, who has affected account in Laiki Bank or The Bank Of Cyprus, to contact me regarding participation in the class action by sending me private message.

[ 2013-04-04 07:37:24 AM Update ]

Central Bank could face slew of lawsuits from depositors

LARGE depositors in Laiki Bank who face losing most if not all their money have warned they will take the Central Bank’s top brass to court if even one cent is taken out of their accounts.

The threat of legal action raises the spectre of the bailout programme unravelling in the courts, and slapping the state with massive sums in penalties.  

A lawyer representing a number of large depositors sent a letter to Central Bank Governor Panicos Demetriades last Thursday warning that if a haircut of any size was imposed on their deposits held at Laiki Bank, depositors will file a private criminal case against the governor, board members, and certain CB officials for allegedly committing “a number of criminal acts and omissions”.

[ 2013-04-10 06:41:50 AM Update ]
Today I've sold another part of my bitcoins and now I have money enough to completely pay off all our debts to customers and contractors.
Thanks to Lady Luck and Satoshi Nakamoto for the resurrection of my business!

I'm so inspired with bitcoin that I'm thinking about launching serious bitcoin related business project. Will announce it soon.

[ 2013-05-30 09:22:23 PM Update ]
The stealing of my money is now finalized.

Yesterday I looked at my Laiki account and found that frozen amount is not more shown on my balance.
100% of frozen funds is now appears as outgoing transaction to nobody with comment "DECREE".

Also there are some news from lawyers.

The Supreme Court has not announced its decision yet. It examines preliminary objections raised by the Attorney on a basis that the Law and the Order are political acts of the state (like decision to start war) and therefore cannot be examined or controlled by the Supreme Court and that the matter in issue should be considered as a private and not a public law matter.

Also, there is recent translation of the "Capital Controls imposing DECREE"

[ 2013-07-10 10:49:23 PM Update ]
"Blocked Funds" amount has finally disappeared from our Laiki account. Bank told me it's "waived" (their interpretation of word "stolen"). We won't receive any bank shares as compensation for confiscated amount since the bank is liquidated.
The rest of the money (100k EUR) are still subject to Capital Control and we can only transfer 5K monthly.

Today I had a conversation with a manager from Laiki Bank.
He has been honest and confirmed that we may forget about anything over 100K as it's already spent to pay country's debts. Also, I was warned that the financial situation in the country is getting worse and worse and we should be ready to lose even part of insured (under 100K) money during this year (this is why they keep capital control enforced).

By the way, this style of "bank restructuring" is going to be adopted in the whole European Union.
Soon, everyone's uninsured money (over 100K EUR) in EU banks will be at risk of seizure.

/the material in this post can be used on any resources without any restrictions/

I fell very sad for what has happened for you, this is what happens when a centralized authority controls your financials, it would have been great if you had your money in bitcoins, hey then, it is never too late to start now, store your money in form of bitcoins, no one  can touch you Smiley

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:05:30 PM

What was the idea of Cyprus or Greece to stick with the Euro and not go back to its own currency?
Eventually it would happen, it's inevitable, so why they haven't done it 2 years ago and this way they could have saved the falling bank, print money, and go back into growth faster than ever, and even gain more trust by investors than the way it looks so bleak now?!

Why common sense and politicians never coincide?

What do you mean by 'Print Money'?

you know adding more toilet papers with the machine that make money, they said that money does not grow on tree, but for banks this isn't true

and that quote is a bit stupid, because you can't just print money out of nothing you need to back your money with the wealth of your country

Yes that's why I asked this question. If printing money can make a country rich then all the country will make Billions in few days. A country has to back up the printing of money by equivalent amount of Gold, export income, GDP etc.

Economy is based on trust.
Imagine you run a convenience store and you get credit from lenders.
The lenders see you are successful and make nice profit from selling groceries to customers.
As long as you are on that path they trust you, lend you more, get paid back from you - all is well.

But what happens if your convenience store suddenly needs to deal with more competition (e.g. more people open stores in your street), some suppliers turn you down, some customers prefer to buy elsewhere and so forth?
Then your business is shaky, it's unstable, and there is a lack of trust - would lenders lend you money when you're doing bad? Probably not, or probably they will under very strict conditions.

That is where Greece is now, it has a huge lack of trust, lenders don't want to lend more money to Greece ... so printing Euros is not the only answer because it would only cover the debt for now but the situation won't improve by itself ... the convenience store needs to make a change to put itself on the right path for growth again - and that is where changing the currency would work for Greece, it would put it back on the road for recovery and then printing money would be a temporary solution to pay the debt, afterwards the convenience store would be back in the position where it was initially.

People in Greece are just lazy, don't want to reform, don't want to work, prefer just getting money for doing nothing from the EU. They are not allowed to work on sunday, that fact perfectly describes Greece. Such legislation cannot work and since people are lazy they don't want to work. They will end in poverty but it's their own fault. Other countries in the world had the same problem but reformed and are on the right track...

There are lazy people everywhere. Greece has been through a terrible amount of corrupted governments that have ruined it all for the rest. Sure part of the people have a part of responsibility, but not all. And lol at good track. Germany is scamming people with their minijobs that pay shit nothing, just to present better looking unemployment figures, but at the end of the day what we have is low paying minijob fest.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:56:49 PM

Are you have dont with contact police officer or similiar ?
This problem is be done as soon as possible to prevent another victim  Angry
I'm feeling sad about your loss, bro ! Sad
Get-Paid.com

Activity: 1822
Merit: 386

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:44:32 PM

This problem is be done as soon as possible to prevent another victim  Angry

How would the police solve the problem if this is the European Union and/or Governments who "stole" his money?!
They own the police in their pockets, literally.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:00:35 PM

Damn, that's unlucky.

Luckily, we have Bitcoin. No borders, no master of your account.

But it doesn't come with 100% of stability.
In June 2014 the value of 1 BTC was $650, now a year after it's $220.

So I wouldn't call it "lucky", those who bought Bitcoins a year ago got a very similar "haircut".

... but it was by their own voluntary choice in risk-taking and by no means as permanent as the Cyprus theft.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:19:42 AM

This problem is be done as soon as possible to prevent another victim  Angry

you don't get it, do you? This is legal theft.The police are on the dark side, too.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:21:53 AM

it's starting in greece:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-20/greece-moves-to-seize-local-government-cash-as-imf-payment-looms

It's local municipality accounts they're raiding for now (2.1 billion €, they need it to pay the imf on may 12th), but companies and personal accounts are by no means safe. Neither in Greece nor in any other central-bank-controlled western country.

Remember: money in the bank is not your money legally. You've invested it into the bank.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3060

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:47:17 PM

How would the police solve the problem if this is the European Union and/or Governments who "stole" his money?!
They own the police in their pockets, literally.
you don't get it, do you? This is legal theft.The police are on the dark side, too.
It's sig spam. They saw the word "robbed" in the subject and posted sentences related to that word with no regard to whether they make sense in context. I'd say it's a bot, but I've seen too many humans fail Turing tests to be sure.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:47:49 PM

This is very bad, you should rather keep your funds in btc to be able to stop this centralized government to take  from your hard earned money, you should have learned something from this and try not leave big amount of money next time, that will give a chance to these centralized powers to take away your money.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:23:36 PM

This is very bad, you should rather keep your funds in btc to be able to stop this centralized government to take  from your hard earned money, you should have learned something from this and try not leave big amount of money next time, that will give a chance to these centralized powers to take away your money.

While I love bitcoin myself and do use it for wealth preservation purposes, I cannot really recommend it. One has to acknowledge that at this stage the volatility and risk make Bitcoin unsuitable for "saving". Sure, it could be part of a mix and there could well be huge upside, but I wouldn't suggest to anyone I love to put in more than 10% of their life savings... it's still a huge gamble. Just look at the last 1.5 years.

mcgravier

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:36:04 PM

Bumping with love and Greece:

P.S. The worst thing is, that even a month ago I was suspecting that things can go wrong. In February, I several times called my banker and lawyer and asked them if money on the account is safe, mentioning that article in Financial Times. But they convinced me that there is no reason to worry, and even if country goes default, in no way current accounts may be affected. "This is European Union and banks here can't just grab your money and go" I was told.

Zero Hedge:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-03/greek-banks-considering-30-haircut-deposits-over-%E2%82%AC8000-ft-reports
According to FT, Greek banks are considering a depositor bail-in that could see deposits above €8,000 haircut by "at least" 30%.

Now, just recent tweet from Yanis Varoufakis (Greek Finance Minister)
https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/617084556089409536

FT report of a Gk Bank Bail In is a malicious rumour that the Head of the Greek Banks Association denied this morning

Sounds familar?
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:04:24 PM

Bumping with love and Greece:

Zero Hedge:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-03/greek-banks-considering-30-haircut-deposits-over-%E2%82%AC8000-ft-reports
According to FT, Greek banks are considering a depositor bail-in that could see deposits above €8,000 haircut by "at least" 30%.

Now, just recent tweet from Yanis Varoufakis (Greek Finance Minister)
https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/617084556089409536

FT report of a Gk Bank Bail In is a malicious rumour that the Head of the Greek Banks Association denied this morning

Sounds familar?

They will lie until the expropriation is in full effect. And even after that, they will continue to dispute the fact and promise something in the future to ease depositors and to maintain public order. I would not be surprised at all if it happens on Monday. The ECB has frozen emergency aid, so Greek banks will have to do something.

But this time the psychological effect will be greater and might lead to bank runs across Europe...
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:23:35 AM

Man, I am genuinely angry about this, 700K IS A HELL LOT OF MONEY. This is something huge, something which has affected your business so much that people are being fired. Oh god, and the sad thing is that you cannot do anything about it as bank is backed up by the government and all these courts are in the government. How fucking sad is this, our own government betrays us and fucks us over. FUCKING BANK CUNTS.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:04:18 PM

wow, destroying businesses of potentially great entrepreneurs is the worst thing Greece could do, I sympathized to the country government but not anymore, I just think they are fucking stupid kids with power, making their citizens suffer for the damage they have done. If you can't run a country, why do you want to doom it so bad?
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:17:54 PM

Man, I am genuinely angry about this, 700K IS A HELL LOT OF MONEY. This is something huge, something which has affected your business so much that people are being fired. Oh god, and the sad thing is that you cannot do anything about it as bank is backed up by the government and all these courts are in the government. How fucking sad is this, our own government betrays us and fucks us over. FUCKING BANK CUNTS.

Ehm ? You should read the full thread not just the headline. He got his money back. Nevertheless, that happens when a country starts to "haircut" their own citizen. But on the other hand, Greece had enough time to bankrun, and they did a pretty good job.

Whoever still has money in a greek bank account, i hope he will learn from his mistakes. As if the signals were not clear enough.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:26:19 PM

Ehm ? You should read the full thread not just the headline. He got his money back. Nevertheless, that happens when a country starts to "haircut" their own citizen. But on the other hand, Greece had enough time to bankrun, and they did a pretty good job.

Whoever still has money in a greek bank account, i hope he will learn from his mistakes. As if the signals were not clear enough.

The description says he will recover 20% of that amount slowly in the next 5-6 years. What Greece did can never be considered as a good option, as they are cutting their own economy down, just to pay the dues. What will happen after a couple years, when all the debts are paid? Need money to get things to progress at a reasonable speed? Then what? Another ass kiss loan?
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:42:07 PM

The most of circulating assets on our business Current Account are blocked.
Over 700k of expropriated money will be used to repay country's debt. Probably we will get back about 20% of this amount in 6-7 years.

I'm not Russian oligarch, but just European medium size IT business. Thousands of other companies around Cyprus have the same situation.

The business is definitely ruined, all Cypriot workers to be fired.
We are moving to small Caribbean country where authorities have more respect to people's assets. Also we are thinking about using Bitcoin to pay wages and for payments between our partners.

Special thanks to:

- Jeroen Dijsselbloem
- Angela Merkel
- Manuel Barroso
- the rest of officials of "European Comission"

I got a hard lesson and now I know the meaning of phrase "TRUST NO ONE".

[ 2013-04-01 11:32:19 PM Update ]
Deposits under €100,000 in Laiki will be transferred to the BoC. All deposits belonging to credit institutions, insurance companies, the government and other public bodies such as local authorities and municipal councils will also be carried over to the BoC. The same applies for charity foundations, schools and educational bodies and deposits belonging to the country’s main bank card transaction agency, JCC Payment Systems Ltd. Depositors who move from Laiki to the BoC are not part of the haircut.
The deposits that will not be transferred to the BoC will be part of a bad bank that will undergo resolution, i.e. an orderly wind down. Although the money will be there nominally, depositors will not have access to their money for an indefinite amount of time. As the bad bank slowly starts tidying up its account books cash would start going into the accounts, but the depositors could lose a substantial part of their savings if the bad bank fails to fully recoup all of its bad assets, as expected by analysts.
Source: cyprus-mail.com

Now we have untouchables whose accounts in Laiki Bank are not affected. This means that money expropriated from regular business, current and savings accounts will sponsor all other "tax exempt" accounts.

[ 2013-04-02 05:32:24 PM Update ]

I have news from a law company who are now working on class action lawsuit filed by the depositors of Laiki Popular Bank and The Bank of Cyprus.
At this moment they are gathering information from affected account holders with over 100k EUR amounts and looking for legal grounds to appeal the seizure of funds.

Our attorney assumes that, with the current situation, it is most likely that the depositors of Laiki Bank will eventually lose 100% of any amount over 100K EUR.
Although legal research is not yet finished, lawyers suspect that the whole situation with bailout is contrary to the constitution of Cyprus and the European Declaration of Human Rights.
We have already had precedents where local Cypriot lawyers backed by influential business figures have already won some small victories.

I'm asking everyone, who has affected account in Laiki Bank or The Bank Of Cyprus, to contact me regarding participation in the class action by sending me private message.

[ 2013-04-04 07:37:24 AM Update ]

Central Bank could face slew of lawsuits from depositors

LARGE depositors in Laiki Bank who face losing most if not all their money have warned they will take the Central Bank’s top brass to court if even one cent is taken out of their accounts.

The threat of legal action raises the spectre of the bailout programme unravelling in the courts, and slapping the state with massive sums in penalties.  

A lawyer representing a number of large depositors sent a letter to Central Bank Governor Panicos Demetriades last Thursday warning that if a haircut of any size was imposed on their deposits held at Laiki Bank, depositors will file a private criminal case against the governor, board members, and certain CB officials for allegedly committing “a number of criminal acts and omissions”.

[ 2013-04-10 06:41:50 AM Update ]
Today I've sold another part of my bitcoins and now I have money enough to completely pay off all our debts to customers and contractors.
Thanks to Lady Luck and Satoshi Nakamoto for the resurrection of my business!

I'm so inspired with bitcoin that I'm thinking about launching serious bitcoin related business project. Will announce it soon.

[ 2013-05-30 09:22:23 PM Update ]
The stealing of my money is now finalized.

Yesterday I looked at my Laiki account and found that frozen amount is not more shown on my balance.
100% of frozen funds is now appears as outgoing transaction to nobody with comment "DECREE".

Also there are some news from lawyers.

The Supreme Court has not announced its decision yet. It examines preliminary objections raised by the Attorney on a basis that the Law and the Order are political acts of the state (like decision to start war) and therefore cannot be examined or controlled by the Supreme Court and that the matter in issue should be considered as a private and not a public law matter.

Also, there is recent translation of the "Capital Controls imposing DECREE"

[ 2013-07-10 10:49:23 PM Update ]
"Blocked Funds" amount has finally disappeared from our Laiki account. Bank told me it's "waived" (their interpretation of word "stolen"). We won't receive any bank shares as compensation for confiscated amount since the bank is liquidated.
The rest of the money (100k EUR) are still subject to Capital Control and we can only transfer 5K monthly.

Today I had a conversation with a manager from Laiki Bank.
He has been honest and confirmed that we may forget about anything over 100K as it's already spent to pay country's debts. Also, I was warned that the financial situation in the country is getting worse and worse and we should be ready to lose even part of insured (under 100K) money during this year (this is why they keep capital control enforced).

By the way, this style of "bank restructuring" is going to be adopted in the whole European Union.
Soon, everyone's uninsured money (over 100K EUR) in EU banks will be at risk of seizure.

/the material in this post can be used on any resources without any restrictions/

I totally understand you and very good move to be honest..I just moved to Cyprus because my family are here but I don't have big assets to get cut anyway..I would also recommend you look up DNOTES DIGITAL CURRENCY as well, they have special CRISPS..AKA savings initiatives and one for employers also..It is the most stable digital currency, even more than bitcoin and there is a moral ethic behind the digital currency..They also have a vault where your funds are guaranteed as well as wallets..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0

I have been a great follower of DNOTES since the beginning and have a crisp for pension plan here and a dnotes vault wallet for my son as well.. I have even got my own digital currency which I have backed a portion of it with DNOTES as well as part of it's assets..If you need help setting up the CRISP FOR EMPLOYERS please pm DYNA as he is really helpful in these matters or anyone of the DNOTES Team there..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:51:32 PM

Its kinda hard to read 60 pages  Undecided
Very good to hear about the money back.
But anyway, how can it happen in our modern world?  Huh
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

He got his money back.

This is a lie, he hardly got shit back. People and many small businesses in Greece are now in exactly same situation.

The money doesn't exist, it never did. It's a big fiction made up in the databases of untrustworthy central banks. People want to believe the fiction of fiat make-believe money right up until the last 'disappearing act' ... this show is like all good magicians and illusionists, the object was never there to begin with, you just need to convince the audience that it is. There is no money, it's just a bunch of debts and promises stacked on top of each other to the sky. When enough people wake up and demand to see the real money, there is none.

It is not if, it is when. Illusions cannot last forever.

Italy is next.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:54:42 PM

He got his money back.

This is a lie, he hardly got shit back. People and many small businesses in Greece are now in exactly same situation.

The money doesn't exist, it never did. It's a big fiction made up in the databases of untrustworthy central banks. People want to believe the fiction of fiat make-believe money right up until the last 'disappearing act' ... this show is like all good magicians and illusionists, the object was never there to begin with, you just need to convince the audience that it is. There is no money, it's just a bunch of debts and promises stacked on top of each other to the sky. When enough people wake up and demand to see the real money, there is none.

It is not if, it is when. Illusions cannot last forever.

Italy is next.

Indeed it is, the last time this happened Zeroday got pwned hard but Bitcoin saved his butt or at least minimized some damage for him and his employees.
That said it goes to show how one can not rely on a banking system to protect a persons assets it is after all at the end of the day numbers on a screen that can be taken away at the whim of the banks in dire times.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: