Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My bank account's got robbed by European Commission. Over 700k is lost.  (Read 408449 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:36:52 PM

wow, destroying businesses of potentially great entrepreneurs is the worst thing Greece could do, I sympathized to the country government but not anymore, I just think they are fucking stupid kids with power, making their citizens suffer for the damage they have done. If you can't run a country, why do you want to doom it so bad?

Your pointing finger at the wrong guys. The government isn't the entity screwing the people and the country: it's the bankers. The government is just a tool. They even put bankers there in 2011.

Here's an excellent short article that will open your eyes: http://www.cryptonews.biz/greece-the-one-biggest-lie-you-are-being-told-by-the-media/

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:38:11 PM

He got his money back.

He got it back? Where does he say that?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Get-Paid.com

Activity: 1820
Merit: 386

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:28:16 PM

He got his money back.

He got it back? Where does he say that?

No where, because he never got it back.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:24:15 PM

The most of circulating assets on our business Current Account are blocked.
Over 700k of expropriated money will be used to repay country's debt. Probably we will get back about 20% of this amount in 6-7 years.

I'm not Russian oligarch, but just European medium size IT business. Thousands of other companies around Cyprus have the same situation.

The business is definitely ruined, all Cypriot workers to be fired.
We are moving to small Caribbean country where authorities have more respect to people's assets. Also we are thinking about using Bitcoin to pay wages and for payments between our partners.

Special thanks to:

- Jeroen Dijsselbloem
- Angela Merkel
- Manuel Barroso
- the rest of officials of "European Comission"

P.S. The worst thing is, that even a month ago I was suspecting that things can go wrong. In February, I several times called my banker and lawyer and asked them if money on the account is safe, mentioning that article in Financial Times. But they convinced me that there is no reason to worry, and even if country goes default, in no way current accounts may be affected. "This is European Union and banks here can't just grab your money and go" I was told.
I got a hard lesson and now I know the meaning of phrase "TRUST NO ONE".

[ 2013-04-01 11:32:19 PM Update ]
Deposits under €100,000 in Laiki will be transferred to the BoC. All deposits belonging to credit institutions, insurance companies, the government and other public bodies such as local authorities and municipal councils will also be carried over to the BoC. The same applies for charity foundations, schools and educational bodies and deposits belonging to the country’s main bank card transaction agency, JCC Payment Systems Ltd. Depositors who move from Laiki to the BoC are not part of the haircut.
The deposits that will not be transferred to the BoC will be part of a bad bank that will undergo resolution, i.e. an orderly wind down. Although the money will be there nominally, depositors will not have access to their money for an indefinite amount of time. As the bad bank slowly starts tidying up its account books cash would start going into the accounts, but the depositors could lose a substantial part of their savings if the bad bank fails to fully recoup all of its bad assets, as expected by analysts.
Source: cyprus-mail.com

Now we have untouchables whose accounts in Laiki Bank are not affected. This means that money expropriated from regular business, current and savings accounts will sponsor all other "tax exempt" accounts.

[ 2013-04-02 05:32:24 PM Update ]

I have news from a law company who are now working on class action lawsuit filed by the depositors of Laiki Popular Bank and The Bank of Cyprus.
At this moment they are gathering information from affected account holders with over 100k EUR amounts and looking for legal grounds to appeal the seizure of funds.

Our attorney assumes that, with the current situation, it is most likely that the depositors of Laiki Bank will eventually lose 100% of any amount over 100K EUR.
Although legal research is not yet finished, lawyers suspect that the whole situation with bailout is contrary to the constitution of Cyprus and the European Declaration of Human Rights.
We have already had precedents where local Cypriot lawyers backed by influential business figures have already won some small victories.

I'm asking everyone, who has affected account in Laiki Bank or The Bank Of Cyprus, to contact me regarding participation in the class action by sending me private message.

[ 2013-04-04 07:37:24 AM Update ]

Central Bank could face slew of lawsuits from depositors

LARGE depositors in Laiki Bank who face losing most if not all their money have warned they will take the Central Bank’s top brass to court if even one cent is taken out of their accounts.

The threat of legal action raises the spectre of the bailout programme unravelling in the courts, and slapping the state with massive sums in penalties.  

A lawyer representing a number of large depositors sent a letter to Central Bank Governor Panicos Demetriades last Thursday warning that if a haircut of any size was imposed on their deposits held at Laiki Bank, depositors will file a private criminal case against the governor, board members, and certain CB officials for allegedly committing “a number of criminal acts and omissions”.

[ 2013-04-10 06:41:50 AM Update ]
Today I've sold another part of my bitcoins and now I have money enough to completely pay off all our debts to customers and contractors.
Thanks to Lady Luck and Satoshi Nakamoto for the resurrection of my business!

I'm so inspired with bitcoin that I'm thinking about launching serious bitcoin related business project. Will announce it soon.

[ 2013-05-30 09:22:23 PM Update ]
The stealing of my money is now finalized.

Yesterday I looked at my Laiki account and found that frozen amount is not more shown on my balance.
100% of frozen funds is now appears as outgoing transaction to nobody with comment "DECREE".

Also there are some news from lawyers.

The Supreme Court has not announced its decision yet. It examines preliminary objections raised by the Attorney on a basis that the Law and the Order are political acts of the state (like decision to start war) and therefore cannot be examined or controlled by the Supreme Court and that the matter in issue should be considered as a private and not a public law matter.

Also, there is recent translation of the "Capital Controls imposing DECREE"

[ 2013-07-10 10:49:23 PM Update ]
"Blocked Funds" amount has finally disappeared from our Laiki account. Bank told me it's "waived" (their interpretation of word "stolen"). We won't receive any bank shares as compensation for confiscated amount since the bank is liquidated.
The rest of the money (100k EUR) are still subject to Capital Control and we can only transfer 5K monthly.

Today I had a conversation with a manager from Laiki Bank.
He has been honest and confirmed that we may forget about anything over 100K as it's already spent to pay country's debts. Also, I was warned that the financial situation in the country is getting worse and worse and we should be ready to lose even part of insured (under 100K) money during this year (this is why they keep capital control enforced).

By the way, this style of "bank restructuring" is going to be adopted in the whole European Union.
Soon, everyone's uninsured money (over 100K EUR) in EU banks will be at risk of seizure.

/the material in this post can be used on any resources without any restrictions/

The picture cannot be displayed. Anyway , my condolences to you for having such a bad experience. It is quite unfortunate. And the worst part is that they convinced  you and stabbed you at the back . 700 K is a lot of money. It really does  make me feel now how untrustworthy the banks are.

rayhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

be your self

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:49:08 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. 700k is not a small amount. Maybe you should've withdrawn the amount when your gut feeling went the other way. After hearing about this , i feel sorry for people who have invested their money in The Bank of Cyprus or Laiki Bank. I've also heard that it's a 100% loss for people with more than 100k in it.

Get-Paid.com

Activity: 1820
Merit: 386

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:28:06 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. 700k is not a small amount. Maybe you should've withdrawn the amount when your gut feeling went the other way. After hearing about this , i feel sorry for people who have invested their money in The Bank of Cyprus or Laiki Bank. I've also heard that it's a 100% loss for people with more than 100k in it.

It was a 100% loss for any amount ABOVE the 100k EUR.
So for this guy he had $850k USD in the account in total.
He was remained with 100k EUR which was approximately back then 128k USD.

The rest of the money was gone.
128k out of 850k is 15% - so he lost 85% of his total balance.

For someone else with a couple of million euros it could have been a 95% loss and for someone with money slightly above 100k EUR it could have been a minor loss.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:59:47 PM

Damn... and they talk about Bitcoin being a ponzi or a scam...
Banks are the worst bloodsuckers there is, and that's why Bitcoin is important and a real menace to them.
with bitcoin you can be your own Bank. You don't need to pay large fees to banks with Bitcoin...
So, now Banks are trying to give attention to the Blockchain in order to use the technology for their own profit.
The problem is that within this process Banks will try to kill Bitcoin...
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:10:49 AM

Damn man, this sucks! I just ran into this thread. I sure hope you managed to recover and that you have recovered your business. This should be bumped daily and thread like this should be findable easily all accross the web, just so everyone can see what bastards are governments and banks!
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:55:30 AM

Damn man, this sucks! I just ran into this thread. I sure hope you managed to recover and that you have recovered your business. This should be bumped daily and thread like this should be findable easily all accross the web, just so everyone can see what bastards are governments and banks!

yeah man that's how things go down. The media never really covers news which matters to the people, such posts no matter how much highlighted, never make it to the mainstream media because it does not involve anything except people losing money. If there was any politician involved, they would be all over the place and over hype this situation. The problem with news is that, its most often not really news.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:35:43 PM

yeah man that's how things go down. The media never really covers news which matters to the people, such posts no matter how much highlighted, never make it to the mainstream media because it does not involve anything except people losing money. If there was any politician involved, they would be all over the place and over hype this situation. The problem with news is that, its most often not really news.

Well if they would show this news they would actually be showing their shame and disgrace. This is probably why they are keeping their mouth shut!
bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:12:18 PM

Wow, this is crazy. Will this sort of thing also happen in Greece?
And it's scary that this is expected to be the same sort of restructuring that will affect EU banks. Is it safe to keep more than 100K EUR in any European banks at this point?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

And it's scary that this is expected to be the same sort of restructuring that will affect EU banks. Is it safe to keep more than 100K EUR in any European banks at this point?

The EUR 100k limit is a temporary raise from EUR 20k and some countries have started lowering the limit back to EUR 20k
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:53:00 AM

The EUR 100k limit is a temporary raise from EUR 20k and some countries have started lowering the limit back to EUR 20k

I think it is safe to assume that most of the money in most EU bank accounts does not really exist. AFAIK the last BIS Basel III 'accords' was for less than 8% Tier 1 capital backing. I.e. if more than 8% of the money in EU banks was to be withdrawn by the banks' customers they would be insolvent.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:52:02 AM

in the USA there is a 250K USD cap (insured by our ever trustworthy government) on the insured money in the bank. and guess what money in banks with a different bank (by name) may be under the same cap. ie 250k USD in what may be at 1st glance in different banks are under the same 250k policy. as they are owned by the same entity.

so depending on what you have where you might 50%, more or less.. the math is left as an exercise for the student.

someone please correct me if Im wrong.

https://www.fdic.gov/edie/fdic_info_calculator.html?height=400
bojan92

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

How in the earth can someone take over 70 % of your money in order to pay the dept. I think that you have to be willing to help. I have no words. Sorry for your lose. Hope they will refund you.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:44:57 PM

in the USA there is a 250K USD cap (insured by our ever trustworthy government) on the insured money in the bank. and guess what money in banks with a different bank (by name) may be under the same cap. ie 250k USD in what may be at 1st glance in different banks are under the same 250k policy. as they are owned by the same entity.

so depending on what you have where you might 50%, more or less.. the math is left as an exercise for the student.

The insurance is more of psychological support than real support, I remember that some statistics showing that the insurance only covers 1% of all the deposit in banks. Rich guys usually do not put money in banks because those big money are not covered by the insurance

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:33:35 PM

in the USA there is a 250K USD cap

The insurance is more of psychological support than real support, I remember that some statistics showing that the insurance only covers 1% of all the deposit in banks. Rich guys usually do not put money in banks because those big money are not covered by the insurance

yeah CDs are part of that limit (I did not know that at the time. we were stupid and my wife listened to my financial adviser at our bank.. and its a local bank here in town I, I support local stuff.

wont make that support twice and neither will my wife. guess where part of those CDs will go in along with some actual gold bars and solid silver coins. they are due in November 2015.
RussianMiner

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:37:40 PM

Nitpick: tax avoidance, not evasion. Evasion is illegal, avoidance is just (arguably) unethical.

Bitcoin is a pure tax avoidance\evasion! Smiley
Very few people in EU pay Bitcoin taxes
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:29:34 AM

limit is 100K per bank, if you have more - split them and watch those not to merge as you could end with 50% less, I had my money locked for nearly 6 months last year as mafia backed government raided 4th biggest bank claiming it was a ponzi scheme, now they buy its' assets for nickels and indebted country with nearly 2 000 million euros

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:14:47 PM

It s better to Save you money understand your bed like years ago, fuck The Bank

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: