Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:20:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin help poor countries?  (Read 73774 times)
maudevang

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:45:13 AM

Bitcoin could help poor countries in a different kind of way for example the people there can help themselves if they have acces to internet then they could do for example forum campaigns that already pays more then their minimum wage in some countries.
Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:16:17 AM

Bitcoin could help poor countries in a different kind of way for example the people there can help themselves if they have acces to internet then they could do for example forum campaigns that already pays more then their minimum wage in some countries.

I don't think so that poor countries have a good internet connection and banks that offers convertion of bitcoint into fiat money. But bitcoin can help poor countries by donating some BTC on organization that helps poor countries. Just like minerjones, He always made an auction for charity. And that is the good example that bitcoin can help others

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:40:52 AM

Yes, it can greatly help them. The remittance market is huge especially in developing countries and also it is helping small guys from the countries earn money that is helping them to improve their standard of living because unemployment seems to be quite high in this countries

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:00:51 PM

I think bitcoin can't help poor countries because governments are afraid that the price is going to drop of their currency.
I think it helps a country does not have the official activities seen by the government, I think users in a country does not necessarily need a legality of using bitcoin, because bitcoin anonymous and they will not know if you're the bitcoin, so you can make a lot of money from bitcoin and save your life
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:04:34 PM

yes i think it can help but not so much, because poor countries have no facilities of computers and internet, and without computer and internet we cannot even think about the bitcoin without internet.
I don't think there are any country which don't have internet facility even if they are really poor country. But cost of using internet may be high on poor countries and poor people have to struggle to find good internet at cheap price, but even with slow internet connection people can use bitcoin web wallets.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:48:00 AM

Can Bitcoin or any other altcoin help poor countries?
how? what can be done?

Yes, Bitcoin definitely can help people living in poor countries. Here are just two examples how:

1. People from poor countries can earn Bitcoin doing some services online (like coding, photoshopping etc.)

2. They can find something which is cheap in their country but is in demand in rich countries and sell it via post making profits.

Well, you also can do those even without use bitcoin as payment method or currency, so it don't change anything.
Maybe you should think if those poor people don't have internet connection or computer, how bitcoin can help those people?
What if people don't know how to use bitcoin in your saying in number 1. People can do any services without bitcoin this is just a payment method that we could use for online if ever im agree with ETFbitcoin if people don't have internet also how they can start earning bitcoin from internet?

The point is people can have a better rate/hour with bitcoin... Poor countries have a joke minimum wage in their currency.

Yes, that's the point, if the bitcoin or other alt can lead electricity and internet to this countries, of course it will help a lot, well, we just don't know how to link that things
Poor countries are on crisis right now ! if they really know what is bitcoin is ofcourse there are chance that people can change their lives because of bitcoin i was a poor last year and i know about bitcoins then i was trying to configure it out on how it really works from the internet then now  im earning from signature campaign.
prabowo96 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

it's showtime

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:22:03 AM

Can Bitcoin or any other altcoin help poor countries?
how? what can be done?

Yes, Bitcoin definitely can help people living in poor countries. Here are just two examples how:

1. People from poor countries can earn Bitcoin doing some services online (like coding, photoshopping etc.)

2. They can find something which is cheap in their country but is in demand in rich countries and sell it via post making profits.

Well, you also can do those even without use bitcoin as payment method or currency, so it don't change anything.
Maybe you should think if those poor people don't have internet connection or computer, how bitcoin can help those people?
What if people don't know how to use bitcoin in your saying in number 1. People can do any services without bitcoin this is just a payment method that we could use for online if ever im agree with ETFbitcoin if people don't have internet also how they can start earning bitcoin from internet?

The point is people can have a better rate/hour with bitcoin... Poor countries have a joke minimum wage in their currency.

Yes, that's the point, if the bitcoin or other alt can lead electricity and internet to this countries, of course it will help a lot, well, we just don't know how to link that things
Poor countries are on crisis right now ! if they really know what is bitcoin is ofcourse there are chance that people can change their lives because of bitcoin i was a poor last year and i know about bitcoins then i was trying to configure it out on how it really works from the internet then now  im earning from signature campaign.

I really don't think signature campaigns and/or faucets can make you goes away from poor.
This things can go away tomorrow, so you will be poor again?
People have to think in future, not in the present only.

lanslans

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:38:45 AM

maybe yes maybe no, but in my country btc has not been included in the list of goods that use tax. so i think for now my country doesn't have income from btc. of course if future people who has known and used btc so high, probably my country will give tax for btc so them can get income from this.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:58:00 AM

maybe yes maybe no, but in my country btc has not been included in the list of goods that use tax. so i think for now my country doesn't have income from btc. of course if future people who has known and used btc so high, probably my country will give tax for btc so them can get income from this.

Well if it is the government, I think there's no need for bitcoin to extend help to a government, but it will be a good help to those people in a certain poor country so they could have income if they work for it, but I doubt it if earning it should be considered as a major source of living, that won't suffice for the whole family...
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:19:33 AM

It can just the way any currency can help the countries,it's actually more to do with the willingness to help than in what way you're going to do it,that's for sure,at least that's my opinion but I think most will agree.

groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:24:12 AM

Maybe you are not aware that your bitcoin wallet already do the paying of taxes on the services you get from them everytime you use your bitcoin.  Here in our country it is not clear for me if bitcoin is legal or not.  All I know is that the bitcoin wallet that I am using is operating legally.  We could make money deposit to buy bitcoin through banks and cash remittances.  We can pay our credit card bills using our bitcoins and other services.  Maybe because of some fees that we give it does do the job on taxes.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:11:53 AM

Maybe you are not aware that your bitcoin wallet already do the paying of taxes on the services you get from them everytime you use your bitcoin.  Here in our country it is not clear for me if bitcoin is legal or not.  All I know is that the bitcoin wallet that I am using is operating legally.  We could make money deposit to buy bitcoin through banks and cash remittances.  We can pay our credit card bills using our bitcoins and other services.  Maybe because of some fees that we give it does do the job on taxes.
fees and taxes are different things. the fees you pay for a bitcoin transaction stay within the bitcoin world. if you pay some extra fee for some service, then the party providing the service is getting the money. but if you buy something the price usually includes taxes that the government collects from the seller. so if you can buy an item for a certain fiat price but get a significant discount if you pay in bitcoin, then you pay no taxes or to be more precise: the seller pays no taxas, which would be illegal. 

Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:14:25 AM

I do not know whether bitcoin or other altcoin can help poor countries. But in my opinion it would not help anything because it will not hurt anything. But to facilitate poor countries to earn income for its residents it could happen.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:19:10 AM

I don't think that it will because people will be too poor to buy bitcoins

Indeed but what if they can earn them trough for example services or forum campaigns. This would create "jobs" for the people by bitcoin. So yes I believe bitcoin can help poor countries.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:26:30 AM

I do not know whether bitcoin or other altcoin can help poor countries. But in my opinion it would not help anything because it will not hurt anything. But to facilitate poor countries to earn income for its residents it could happen.

Yeah, true, it could really help those poor citizens as long as they have access to internet.. It may need a little effort and dedication for bitcoin to lift their way of living. But I think I can't recommend going full time in bitcoin if they find that they are earning because of it, there might still be a good opportunity for them outside.

StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:33:03 AM

Yeah, true, it could really help those poor citizens as long as they have access to internet.. It may need a little effort and dedication for bitcoin to lift their way of living. But I think I can't recommend going full time in bitcoin if they find that they are earning because of it, there might still be a good opportunity for them outside.
These are applicable to almost every country not just for poorer countries. Having bitcoin as a parttime earning resource, might be more beneficial to every country people, and I too agree particularly for poorer countries.
In some underdeveloped countries the average per capita must be very less so for them making a living with the bitcoin must be much easier.
Sandroxa

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:39:05 AM

Bitcoin can't help an entire country. but it can surely help the person who use bitcoin if he's poor. and if a country have a lot of bitcoin users then it will surely be beneficial and for that country.
bitcoin need some contribution. if you contribute with bitcoin and crypto currencies . they will reward you for sure. but if you think bitcoin should give you fortune without doing anything just because you are a poor person then keep dreaming.

You are correct, dude. Btc can help and improve poor people, in Africa, Asian countries. They can make bitcoin by solving captcha, posting and do social campaign. Although the money is not a lot, it still can help to improve their life.
Why do you think that bitcoin can help poor countries i dont see the point because if you want bitcoins you need to put money into it and poor people does not  have money for bitcoins how would it help them.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:57:35 AM

I dont think the bitcoin can help poor countries how would they help poor countries if they dont have money to buy bitcoins how are they suppose to help them i dontt see the point of this question.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:06:05 AM

dont tink so lel, if they are poor i dun think a form of virtual currency helps them

But it could though just think about it how much money people made with low effort or no qualification trough bitcoin.
So why couldn't they do that? If they have acces to a computer and internet then they could for sure get into bitcoin and it would help them.
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:12:51 AM

i dont think bitcoin or altcoins will help poor countries
some countries not accept not allow it or not know about bitcoin and altcoins
the better way is exchange it to their local currency then help them with that cash or give them food, medicine and clothes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: