Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
DosManos

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

I'm just glad that I no longer have to go through the tedious experience of waiting an eternity for the agama or swing wallet to sync.

Guess I can finally go pick up some spare KMD on the market.

yes me too,

at the end of the story with electrum atomic swaps and zeroconf, they delivered more than i expected in this area
and despite the delay in the dICO, i think that they will deliver more than i expect in this area too just after things start to workout

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malti

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:24:19 PM

Check Your comments. You frustrated Coz you had bad trading experiences? Sorry for you, but Komodo is great man .next time just hold ☝🏻...Komodo will have a prominent place at a conference for blockchain investors in Abu Dhabi on December 7th.

dude find me one time where a conference event had a huge impact on the price, lately events dont mean shit because everyone is trying to buzz around "going to xxx events blabla" , if the top 10 have 0 impact on price when participating to conferences, it's not going to be any better for the contenders if not worst at best. As far as I am concerned there was a huge accumulation lately of kmd and this could be an indicator of a huge dump incoming due to huge expectations that are not going to be met, time will tell, but I am expected kmd to go between 0.00015-0.00020 shortly

they have basically no roadmap displayed on their website about what is going to happen in the medium term and have made a policy of not to announce anything fine with me because I like risk hence why I am not putting more than 5% for long term , but dont expect huge upside short-medium term you will be hugely disappointed.

This is a dilemma. Some of you who bought KMD are expecting something more than the team until now has been willing to provide. Some of you got frustrated. The wallet's are a joke (my wallet is working fine by the way), there is no serious marketing (?), Monero explodes and KMD just sits there, doing nothing. But isn't the team working hard behind the scenes? It would be nice if we knew what was going on, how long before the dICO starts, etc.. But are we securing KMD's future by focusing on what it is still lacking? Perhaps we should just give it some time. I wish I could develop a coin like KMD. I'm just a guy that bought a few hundred KMD's.

The syncing doesn't take that long.

I agree with you, and I kinda like the idea of not disclosing any news until they can deliver on it. However, some newsflashes from time to time would help building trust for us, hodlers, and also a cheap marketing way.
But then again I'm currently digging trough the new barterDEX and Jumblr whitepaapers that were released a week or something ago.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:57:21 PM

Mostly I am seeing in this forum noob's FUDDING out and Hero members buying this dip....
"Roger that, you are clear for takeoff, over."
Thats how cycles work. Many people still need more time to accumulate, so they spread fud.
ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:13:14 PM

Protecting one's knowledge is a very important aspect of doing something that requires intellectual work nowadays, so it is good to see that cryptos are being used for that!
Jerry5

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:20:10 PM

I'ge got some questions related to the EasyDEX architecture.
To be honest after reading whitepapers I couldn't figure it out at all how it works, but after watching 5min tutorial I'm starting to see base shape of it and therefore I've got further questions.

1. Each token needs daemon to run which will synchronize with  coin blockchain. Who will provide such daemons and who will be of charge on them? Let's take simples scenario: BTC <->KMD. This daemon is actually BTC client like one released by Bitcoin Core. Who is reviewing of that version of BTC client's implementation? Who is coding?

2. Let's assume that we'll have 20 coins in EasyDEX. If we synchronize with all coins it could take even 500GB or more. Are you planning something ligher?

Thanks a lot Smiley.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:29:24 PM

I'ge got some questions related to the EasyDEX architecture.
To be honest after reading whitepapers I couldn't figure it out at all how it works, but after watching 5min tutorial I'm starting to see base shape of it and therefore I've got further questions.

1. Each token needs daemon to run which will synchronize with  coin blockchain. Who will provide such daemons and who will be of charge on them? Let's take simples scenario: BTC <->KMD. This daemon is actually BTC client like one released by Bitcoin Core. Who is reviewing of that version of BTC client's implementation? Who is coding?

2. Let's assume that we'll have 20 coins in EasyDEX. If we synchronize with all coins it could take even 500GB or more. Are you planning something ligher?

Thanks a lot Smiley.
you can use any bitcoin daemon you want to, same for any coin.

we have electrum SPV support for many coins, for those you dont need to have a coin daemon nor a locally synced blockchain
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:31:12 PM

For what its worth, this is my personal take of why KMD's price is not jumping up as the rest of the coins around.

Being one of THOSE, who mined BTCD few years ago I can only tell you from my own perspective and understanding of what is happening with the price. There are 2-3 hundred people around, including me who have certain FEEL and understanding in what James and Co is doing. I assure you we are talking about $50 coin, BUT.
At this moment of low exposure and price ($USDT) jumping up 30% here and there, I just can't resist scooping up more and more cheap coins, if you know what I mean.... $3.60 not yet, to expensive.
$2.10 4 days ago, yeap, I'll take them all (ghrrr PondSea) Smiley.
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:39:17 PM

Here is my assesment of KMD of the last month :
Full disclosure, I hold 5% of my portfolio in kmd.
right now It doesnt seem to be the project you would like to stake on for short term profit, the risk is too big and they dont communicate ahead what they are planning to release (probably to avoid pnd), increasing the risk for new investors, they hide their id (protect themselves hmmm please...)
basically this project is not attractive at all even though it could be big, it certainly also could not be
I watched the coin this whole month precisely, the pattern of kmd is clearly going downward as btc is increasing more and more in values due to futures arriving soon on the market, it is a foolish mistake to invest into kmd with your btc, you will just get eaten slowly 1-5% a day.
They are saying they are raising their fiat value overtime, this argument in crypto is a stupid assumption to make since every crypto is gaining in fiat value because they are all paired with btc.
Again there is a slight chance this could be soon a revelation, but until proven otherwise with a decent upward pattern in BTC, I will stay out of this.
Also I took the time to check the history of their main lead dev, he seems brillant but just too shady with too much bad press around him with scandals of nxt assets being stolen and so on + him wanting to keep his id private, it doesnt help investors, since the trust is clearly not here.
Add too that the delay of dico, the barterdex project that is taking so much time to be released, since it's gui and ux front end, it honestly shouldnt (makes me question the quality of their other devs) and the fact they are clearly not giving a shit about marketing, I can understands it seems frustrating for a bunch of guys coding all days to invest in marketing, but hey do not try to reinvent the wheels here, you have to do it or you will just go unnoticed, and something better with a good copy paste will come around sooner than you think.

peace

ps: come at me all the heavy bag holders of kmd ! Smiley

Hi benji75, I have been around this whole project since the Nxt asset exchange, sometime in 2013 and I have seen lots of accusations projected at the lead dev who I presume you to mean jl777, in all of that time I have not seen anybody actually prove that jl777 has done any wrong doing at all. All I have seen is baseless accusations from people blaming jl777 for their own mistakes. They are usually people who have lost out buying assets on the NXT asset platform or they are from desperate gold rush schemes that did not get a return or bought into assets that folded but where not jl777 assets. These people have tried to blame everybody else besides themselves for their loss. If you or I buy assets and they fail the only people to blame for buying those failed assets are us both, you and me who did not do our due diligence or decided we where going to take a bigger risk on something we did not know enough about or where not bothered to look.  I have lost out on a number of assets I bought from the NXT asset exchange but none where jl777 assets and all where a risk I was prepared to take, my losses where my own bad choices. I always find that if you want to get a taste of something then you need to suck it and see, I did and lost out. The conclusion I reached after a couple of years was that the NXT comunity was not a place I wanted to be, I will not make any accusations about NXT because I cannot fully back them up if I do but I will say that since staying away from that community I have not lost very much at all. One more thing I would like to say is I know that you do not know what you are talking about because if I could find any dirt on jl777 then I would not be here now having this conversation and for the past 4 years I have looked as closely as I possibly can.

One more thing is: to do what jl777 has been doing for at least the past 5 years takes a lot of commitment and courage, I have seen many leaders fold over the past 17 years of being online and most of them having a lot less to deal with than what jl777 has had to deal with. If your backing a horse then you need know both the horse and the jockey, crypto is a crazy, volatile, unstable horse to say the least and jl777 is the best rider I have seen so far.
Sincere_

Activity: 716
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:50:49 PM

Mostly I am seeing in this forum noob's FUDDING out and Hero members buying this dip....
"Roger that, you are clear for takeoff, over."

You know that's a good sign I haven't been actually picking up just been holding since the beginning and haven't sold not one yet and still holding to much potential
throway123

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:58:12 PM

There's really nothing wrong with this project, but I think James shouldn't be so hands off when it comes to the GUI. Not a diss, but I think it would benefit general KMD sentiment if James' position on GUIs (and documentation) was more "Ok, let's figure this out" rather than "I don't do GUIs, that's not my problem." The sooner the GUIs and UX is up to par with the actual core tech, is when faith is at it's maximum potential for the project. I understand it takes away James' attention from the actual core code, and I also know you essentially put bounties out for GUIs, but there should be a fully paid GUI Lead salary, and that persons job is the manager for support, project management, etc. and they can hire below them to carry out the work. This project and Supernet are big enough to easily absorb the costs to hire the right people to get this stuff done.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:11:41 PM

There's really nothing wrong with this project, but I think James shouldn't be so hands off when it comes to the GUI. Not a diss, but I think it would benefit general KMD sentiment if James' position on GUIs (and documentation) was more "Ok, let's figure this out" rather than "I don't do GUIs, that's not my problem." The sooner the GUIs and UX is up to par with the actual core tech, is when faith is at it's maximum potential for the project. I understand it takes away James' attention from the actual core code, and I also know you essentially put bounties out for GUIs, but there should be a fully paid GUI Lead salary, and that persons job is the manager for support, project management, etc. and they can hire below them to carry out the work. This project and Supernet are big enough to easily absorb the costs to hire the right people to get this stuff done.
We have fulltime people doing GUI and many other things.
I am a C programmer and have no talent for GUI, I would just get in the way.
We are documenting, have you read the updated whitepapers?

Have you seen the screen shot of the latest GUI? not a mockup, but an actually working GUI it is

No GUI team has ever kept up with my output. I usually keep a dozen other coders busy, so it is nothing against the GUI devs that it is taking a bit of time.

Latest Agama in testing has a way to collect ledger interest, in addition to SPV support. These are things I had nothing to do with.

anyway, we will announce when we have reached a state where it is ready to be announced, ie. pretty much done.

If you assume that because we dont make press releases over the selection of a specific color in the GUI that the GUI is not important to us, you assume wrong.

If you assume that silence means we are not doing anything, you assume wrong.

You are all free to speculate on what we have cooking. Just done expect us to leak the info
Danzing

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:16:40 PM

There are few teams working on the different GUI wallets, James will not do GUI period, he mentioned that multiple times. Why exactly do you want orchestra director to sweep around? He has hired stuff and if you check their Slack with every 5-10 minutes ongoing problems, maybe you would not complain so much.
benji75

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

I want to reiterate I do believe in the project long term, and 4 years of comitment is enough as a proof speaking for itself, if people cant see it their loss, kmd will rise and shine, but dont expect it to happen on the short term it wont...just test the product yourself it is available in beta Smiley

kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:18:54 PM

Hello,
Trying to use Agama wallet in KMD (passive) mode and get an error message:

Connection error
Please make sure to run komodod manually

How to fix it? What is komodod?
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:00:46 PM

Steam is no longer supporting Bitcoin
6 DECEMBER   - KURTIS
As of today, Steam will no longer support Bitcoin as a payment method on our platform due to high fees and volatility in the value of Bitcoin.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1464096684955433613

BTC and Eth are both having transaction time issues and $13,525.20 for BTC is madness gone mad, glad I'm with KMD.   
kangetech

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 09:38:45 PM

Hi, i'm in komodo since the beginning of the ICO (i'm not a newbie, just my account stolen and now new one)
i like project, i believe in komodo but i can't understand AGAMA
really a mess for me this wallet
since august stopped working, after many try i gave up for month and let everything in my wallet for stake
now are about 3 month i downloaded again, problem about connection, synchronizations, loading ecc....
i did resync one time it took about 3 day....ok, i closed, i tried native mode, lite mode in dev options everything....nothing doen't works
ok now i resync blocks ecc, it works but i have to let pc and agama open all day long, if i close AGAMA no way
i claim interests and it creates another address, i send komodo it creates another address, if i close AGAMA i 've to do the resync for 3 days and i don't know if i find the new address it created, so every address it creates i print the new priv key
i think it's crazy
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:15:06 PM

Hello,
Trying to use Agama wallet in KMD (passive) mode and get an error message:

Connection error
Please make sure to run komodod manually

How to fix it? What is komodod?

This is just a personal solution of mine as I encountered that everytime I run Agama. First time running Agama would invoke the komodod background and it will load it for a very long time  around 3 hours.  I haven't test the latest agama yet but there is an SPV mode that will let the wallet load faster like in Basilisk.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
adabau

Activity: 389

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:22:05 PM

Developers of Komodo, when will be the technical updates for the coin? Do you have marketers who will promote the coin?
What problems did you meet with while preparing your platform for ICO Monaize?
throway123

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:46:32 PM

We have fulltime people doing GUI and many other things.
I am a C programmer and have no talent for GUI, I would just get in the way.
We are documenting, have you read the updated whitepapers?

Have you seen the screen shot of the latest GUI? not a mockup, but an actually working GUI it is

No GUI team has ever kept up with my output. I usually keep a dozen other coders busy, so it is nothing against the GUI devs that it is taking a bit of time.

Latest Agama in testing has a way to collect ledger interest, in addition to SPV support. These are things I had nothing to do with.

anyway, we will announce when we have reached a state where it is ready to be announced, ie. pretty much done.

If you assume that because we dont make press releases over the selection of a specific color in the GUI that the GUI is not important to us, you assume wrong.

If you assume that silence means we are not doing anything, you assume wrong.

You are all free to speculate on what we have cooking. Just done expect us to leak the info

Just a few messages up there's another person with an issue- And he has no idea what to do. That is my point. I understand much of this is experimental and early but there's been many wallet issues since KMD has existed.
bastol85

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

Looks like you need to export the WIF from the original/previous account and apply in the screen you see.

Alright, any ideas on how to do that from within Agama native mode ?
Pages: « 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: