Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:52:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
Jiddu

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:30:52 AM

I transferred my ICO Komodo to Cryptopia a couple of days ago. I was told that transfers happen manually each Monday. But mine have not shown up.
Did you choose to pay out to an existing address (cryptopia)?
Checked jl777 payout-posts if your address is included?

how about being kind and walk him through this convoluted process instead of the go find it attitude. not everyone is as smart as you.
Sorry but what are you talking about?
I'm not from the Komodo team, and I think everyone easily can go a few pages back and look for the payout posts..
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:44:39 AM

Have we already requested KMD to be added to Bittrex?

If not, here is a helpful link: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:00:04 AM

Rules for future node elections have not been released by dev team afaik. Best for the devs to work on the software and network stability now, let things settle down after the launch, then I'm sure details for future elections will be made public.

One thing for certain though, many more candidates will run next time, notary nodes are in the words of j777 'money printing machines' at a price just higher than where we are today Smiley

Forgive noobie question, but why you say 'money printing machines'?
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:41:50 AM

Komodo goes live on public exchanges to offer additional protection for users privacy and wealth.

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:09:22 AM

Rules for future node elections have not been released by dev team afaik. Best for the devs to work on the software and network stability now, let things settle down after the launch, then I'm sure details for future elections will be made public.

One thing for certain though, many more candidates will run next time, notary nodes are in the words of j777 'money printing machines' at a price just higher than where we are today Smiley

Because they get to mine most of the new coins .....while the rest of the world gets to mine the left overs

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 11:16:58 AM

Because they get to mine most of the new coins .....while the rest of the world gets to mine the left overs

Cheers Jon  Wink

But still majority of the new coins goes to the investors via the 5 % APR feature  Cool

https://supernet.org/en/resources/articles/receive-free-coins-quaranteed-kmd-interest

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
mankeen

Activity: 644
Merit: 292

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

Hi
when open my wallet Iguana  the address has changed and lost my coin how restore ?
Jiddu

Activity: 390

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:44:28 AM

Hi
when open my wallet Iguana  the address has changed and lost my coin how restore ?
Are you sure you put your seed 100% correctly? No leading/trailing spaces?
mankeen

Activity: 644
Merit: 292

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:52:44 AM

yes I'm sure put seed 100% correctly
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:04:56 PM

Iguana #MultiWallet Update #23

tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:07:30 PM

my nerves are down. Waited patiently till yesterday due to exchanges problems. Now i wanna send my KMD to cryptox and again an error message:

"Couldn´t create rawtx"

@jl777: if there is a solution to transfer my KMD manually to cryptox please PM, i will have the possibility to sell them. I participated on the ICO first day, so its just fair i have the chance to sell now after 3 days on exchanges.

is there any solution about this problem? Re-Installing wallet and deleting AppData Folder?

Would be nice to give users advices to solve current problems more than promoting that KMD is live on exchanges. I´m got rid of this ICO, i just wanna transfer my KMD to cryptox and sell them. But after wallet problems, explorer problems and yesterday exchange problems today again i am not able to send it to cryptox. I´m no technic freak but i have installed a lot of wallets but never had this problems to make the easiest transactions.

So please, is any from the devs able to give me an answer how to solve my described problem? As i said a PM would also do it and its ok for me to transfer my KMD manually (just need to know what parameters are needed for it). I deleted and reinstalled Iguana now a few times, but still the same problem "Couldn´t create rawtx".

Kind regards

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:23:30 PM

my nerves are down. Waited patiently till yesterday due to exchanges problems. Now i wanna send my KMD to cryptox and again an error message:

"Couldn´t create rawtx"

@jl777: if there is a solution to transfer my KMD manually to cryptox please PM, i will have the possibility to sell them. I participated on the ICO first day, so its just fair i have the chance to sell now after 3 days on exchanges.

is there any solution about this problem? Re-Installing wallet and deleting AppData Folder?

Would be nice to give users advices to solve current problems more than promoting that KMD is live on exchanges. I´m got rid of this ICO, i just wanna transfer my KMD to cryptox and sell them. But after wallet problems, explorer problems and yesterday exchange problems today again i am not able to send it to cryptox. I´m no technic freak but i have installed a lot of wallets but never had this problems to make the easiest transactions.

So please, is any from the devs able to give me an answer how to solve my described problem? As i said a PM would also do it and its ok for me to transfer my KMD manually (just need to know what parameters are needed for it). I deleted and reinstalled Iguana now a few times, but still the same problem "Couldn´t create rawtx".

Kind regards
Many users have similar problems with the wallet. KMD is not possible to transfer on an exchange, not suitable address. Not showing balance. Not loaded blockchain. But no clear answer and help from the developers. I  removed the wallet, and will wait for normal working version.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 12:40:38 PM

Hi

Are you using 'full mode' or 'basilisk mode'? The address should always be the same.

We have advised not to use the 'native mode' as there you will have to backup the wallet.dat file, and you get a different address than with 'full mode'.

on Linux you can find it’s wallet.dat under ~/.komodo/
on Windows there is no native mode yet

"Couldn´t create rawtx"

Kind regards

Sorry for the situation, you could try the 'full mode', but if you are using Windows then there are some problems too. We are trying to get the next beta release out, which will fix a lot of these issues.

Full mode is working on Linux without problems.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:01:58 PM

What happend, I saw the price hitting 30ksat yesterday now is 14ksat, don't people know the value of this project, I will be glad it dumps more to buy more. I don't know how some people come up with their price valuation, this is heading to 100ksat soon

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:08:41 PM

Cheers Jon  Wink

So 64 notary nodes share majority of mining rewards between them, and non notaries can mine kmd but at a disadvantage.

So consensus is PoW like bitcoin, but the notaries work together and share block reward equally like a cartel.

And notary cartel membership is voted on by coin holders, preventing cartel from misbehaving.

A very interesting combination, not fully decentralized, but much more advantages from structure than other crypto coins.

Trust in the notary cartel will depend on election process, very interested to see more details when available.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:14:40 PM

Cheers Jon  Wink

So 64 notary nodes share majority of mining rewards between them, and non notaries can mine kmd but at a disadvantage.

So consensus is PoW like bitcoin, but the notaries work together and share block reward equally like a cartel.

And notary cartel membership is voted on by coin holders, preventing cartel from misbehaving.

A very interesting combination, not fully decentralized, but much more structure than other crypto coins.

Trust in the notary cartel will depend on election process, very interested to see more details when available.

Yes, you have the basic concept right! However, a cartel is a bit harsh word!

The notary nodes have less power than currently believed. They cannot do a 51% mining attack. The worst they can do is stop bitcoin notarizations, which would result a less secure KMD network. They could also not include a transaction into a block, but would be noticed by everyone, and then any other node could include that tx in a future block. There is also a PAX price attack vector, but we will talk more about PAX later.

So if the notary nodes want to hurt KMD the best they could do is:
 - stop notarizing KMD hashes into bitcoin blockchain
 - exclude a valid transaction from a block

We will address this issue in our next article! Stay tuned!  Cool

tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:19:20 PM

@KomodoPlatform: i am also sorry, as described a few posts earlier i am using windows and trying full mode sync stops at 98,34% every time. Deleted and installed it several times. So the conclusion is to wait.....cheers.

And again a coin is live on exchanges without a proberly running wallet, so some lucky users are able to do with their coins what they want and others are waiting. For me its last ICO i invested  Undecided

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:23:58 PM

Cheers Jon  Wink

A very interesting combination, not fully decentralized, but much more advantages from structure than other crypto coins.

non-notary miners are getting ~40% of blocks, here is a recent 65 block sample:

51 13 12 16 -1 -1 -1 38 -1 34 28 -1 -1 -1 50 49 -1 -1 1 -1 5 -1 -1 2 53 -1 -1 14 -1 17 -1 -1 42 20 10 56 -1 -1 55 -1 -1 4 15 60 -1 9 8 23 54 41 0 59 44 19 35 -1 -1 -1 37 47 29 -1 36 -1 -1  <- prev minerids from ht.187826 notary.1 gpucount.28 43.08%

Whether a block goes to a notary node or not is random. In exchange for the ability to mine at easy diff, the notary nodes provide high end servers for network services, like basilisk mode.

Notary nodes dont have the power to create transactions, nor do they ever control anybody's funds. they are elected based on a Proof of Stake election

So while the notary nodes are in a semi-trusted position, this trust is used for getting consensus on what checkpoint to write to the bitcoin blockchain, availability of network services and other things that otherwise would be unavailable or unreliable

The network is at the same time a PoW network and a cartel mining (as you call it) which are coexisting and seamlessly shifting between each other. The added randomness of which group will mine the next block makes it that much harder to conduct attacks as no matter how much hash power you bring, the notaries mining costs dont go up.

From the other side, if any group of notaries start misbehaving, then they are subject to not receiving subsidies or outright replacement and since any notary mined block must be signed by the notary, it is not possible to hide behind a brand new address

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
wudi

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:24:31 PM

what is slack adress of komodo?

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:33:00 PM

@KomodoPlatform: i am also sorry, as described a few posts earlier i am using windows and trying full mode sync stops at 98,34% every time. Deleted and installed it several times. So the conclusion is to wait.....cheers.

And again a coin is live on exchanges without a proberly running wallet, so some lucky users are able to do with their coins what they want and others are waiting. For me its last ICO i invested  Undecided

Yes, there have been a lot more bugs than we hoped there would. The thing is that it is hard to find all the bugs without public beta. We underestimated the time to get the wallets ready, which was largely due to the need to have easy installers. Now the good thing is that we do have the installers, and a lot of hard work were put into getting them.

Looking back, maybe we should have delayed the launch even more, but then on the other hand we were already late and the pressure was growing. All in all, now that we have publicly released the Iguana we are able to find all the bugs quickly and get into a point in time where Iguana works without any major issues.

All I can say to you is that we are a long term project, and if you believe we can get all the things online as promised then the price will surely rise in long term. However, if there are unexpected delays or unforeseen problems then that could be reflected in KMD price. Nonetheless, we will keep going forward.

The price is now higher than ICO price with 0% bonus, so things are not so bad even though you weren't able to sell at the peak yesterday.

Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: