Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
talikila

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:25:50 AM

The price is under ICO price and it will continue to decrease more deeply.
Dev needs more new plans to support KMD price now. it's boring .
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:31:00 AM

Its only been out a few weeks,    this isn't a get rich quick scheme this is a long term project.   More adoption and applications are what will drive the price up.   
hussar

Activity: 387

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:36:18 AM

People, this is the kind of conversations that miss by not joining our Slack  Cheesy

jl777: I had been battling against how to best implement the LP logic. I finally stumbled onto the right solution, at least I am not having "writer's block", which I get when I am trying to do things the wrong way. Until this latest iteration, I was trying to do it a bit backwards, ie. have the client side auction trigger a balancing trade. I wont get into why that is backwards, just try to write it that way and you will see.
Anyway, now I am on the right path and it involves running a full market maker on an exchange so that it is in realtime making the spread on that exchange. Then when a DEX request comes in, it can just adjust the net positions as appropriate and the marketmaker will automatically balance the total exposure (once the bugs are fixed). Another advantage is that the LP marketmaker is a pure external application that calls iguana API so wont affect any non-LP deployments. This separation also makes things a lot easier. I expect some minor changes will be needed in the iguana API to support this, but the layering achieved will be well worth it. To allow a low risk operating mode, I will need to add a special case of a very low activity market maker, but that will be after the normal marketmaker is solid to answer the obvious question, yes, it means that part of the iguana release will include a fully functional market maker for supported exchanges as a side effect of this. Running an active marketmaker will have the usual risks, so it is not for everyone

pondsea: So the lp wont need the currency on hand and could just buy or sell via the exchanges

jl777: it would need to have both sides locally and on the exchange, otherwise how could it do the trades?

pondsea: Ah yeah no api to withdraw from exchange :stuck_out_tongue: How can we improve the security aide of things if we need to hold big amounts of btc/alts to be able to function as a LP? Unless there could be 2 modes? 1 is live/instant but for less spread there is a 2nd option where a contract is setup and the LP has say 24 hours to send the funds? LP still buys/sells at the rate from the exchanges but has to process the withdrawal manually

jl777: I dont like it, adds a lot of trust to the process,  the "instant" will still need to wait for BTC confirms, which isnt instant nowadays, so maybe most people will use it in 0-conf mode with smaller amounts. Since the marketmaker will be part of the iguana desktop app (I am assuming), we will decentralize the marketmaking and anybody can make a market with their parameters via GUI

pondsea: cool :slightly_smiling_face:

jl777: It wont be an advanced market maker, just something you can set your risk capital limits, profit margin and activity level. As long as price doesnt move big distance to never come back to it, you end up making the specified profit margin liquidity of a coin is part of its value, so KMD whales would be motivated to use part of their capital for the marketmaker and incremental losses/profits wont really matter much compared to a whale's capital the first non-braindead version is live on bittrex now doesnt even check available balance or orderstatus yet and already 500+ lines of code. no wonder I didnt want to put this into iguana itself

pondsea: I could be a lab rat if you need someone to test it :grin: Once it is easy enough to run lol

jl777: Actually if you can trade against it on trex to make sure it isnt too easy to manipulate, that would help. It is trading about 0.1 BTC with a 1 % spread. If there is already a bid that is higher or ask that is lower, it doesnt post a quote

pondsea: Will have a look when i get home.

mark81: @jl777 do you mean next iguana app version or iguana core  will be including market maker function?  If iguana app (idex)  would have this function build into in gui level it would draw lot of attention torwards komodo and supernet tech.

jl777: It is a standalone app, so not directly in the core, but it does use iguana core. I assume the desktop iguana app would be able to run it without much problems in order to do LP nodes properly a functioning market maker is required, so it seems it will be part of the iguana app

grewalsatinder: yep, I’ll be including that as a part of EasyDEX GUI :slightly_smiling_face:

jl777: so far it is breaking even but that is due to my setting its profit margin to match the bittrex commissions and there is no DEX side trading yet, that side should be a bit more profitable than the bittrex side, though I could set the profit margin to any arbitrary level, it is good to have KMD spreads at below 0.5% as that makes it one of the lowest spreads out of all the bittrex coins. I am surprised at how many trades it has done (almost 30) in a bit over 12 hours. The following are the current config variables internally:
char *base = "KMD", *rel = "BTC", *name = "komodo", *exchange = "bittrex";
char *apikey = "xxx";
char *apisecret = "ttt";
double profitmargin = 0.0025;
double maxexposure = 1.; // maximum risk level in BTC
double incrratio = 0.1; // max size of each order relative to maxexposure
double start_BTC = 3.15 + 0.10404197;
double start_KMD = 20000 + 1000;

Probably a few more before I am done, already past 700 lines in just a day and a bit and still need to complete the interface to DEX side of things

mark81: To use such tech would be good to make user invest directly to komodo by holding funds on iguana app.  Not much but that would not come for free of work that devs have done.  Also using it would cost fees in komodo.  What you think ?

jl777: yes they need to have matching funds on the iguana side, or it wont work

mark81: I am thinking this tech beyond komodo to other altcoins.  What if iguana market maker becomes cheapest bot technology for market?

jl777: considering that it is free, seems it wins on the cost front

mark81: Yes but thats why user have to invest directly to komodo to get that feature in works?

jl777: the iguana side needs to be funded for the LP code to work

mark81: Plus pay fees with komodo..

jl777: cant enforce that. Just getting liquidity into DEX is adequate compensation, not need to monetize it

mark81: How about users that want to play with centralized exchanges? You have said that supernet should get fees of its services.  So why not allow to use market maker as bot feature on centralized exchanges and get money coming in that way.

jl777: the current bot is using bittrex on one side and DEX on the other

mark81: Tech could introduced free to world first but after period to start monetization.

jl777: by running it the bot node makes incremental profits on the DEX side, so profit motive would be enough to get most all of the market maker bots actively supporting iguana DEX by working via basilisk mode it will be very lightweight to run an LP node. Clearly the more money an LP node can make, the more people will run it, so I intend to make it make money from the DEX also, which will get liquidity coming into DEX and once iguana DEX has real liquidity, then its other advantages makes it a powerful force in the market

mark81: Ok,  cant argue your points.  You have figured thinks pretty well forward :+1: These kind of conversations only drive to one conclusion - - > i must by more komodo and soon!

what channel was that in?,  i'm in the slack and i missed that one  Cheesy

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:43:19 AM

it was in the #iguana channel
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:02:19 AM

The price is under ICO price and it will continue to decrease more deeply.
Dev needs more new plans to support KMD price now. it's boring .

So are you, go bore another thread.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:05:23 AM

I finally decide to install iguana app to try to access my KMD from ICO, downloaded the windows version from supernet, but after finished installation and trying to run the program, it said that the version is not compatible to my windows (currently runnning on win7 32bit). Is there something I missed?

Try to install this, 32bit version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Nope, didn't work. I've tried to reinstall the app too, but the error is still the same. Another suggestion?

Two suggestions:

1. Could you try right clicking the shortcut and run as administrator, see if anything is different.
2. Again right click the shortcut, go to Properties then Compatibility > Run in Compatibility mode. Again see if anything is different.
Why can't there be a simple wallet for kmd like bitcoin wallets?
Even waves lite web wallet is easy to use?why lguna is so.much technically complicated to use?
Wallets are meant for laymen aren't they?

A) Iguana is not hard to use.

B) a simple basic wallet is in development.

and, most of us have no real problem with the wallet. But, most of us can follow directions...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:07:46 AM

You can't be serious. Do you even have the smallest clue how much work and original code has gone into this project? Go troll another forum...

R-J-F

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:09:19 AM

if tokens where not locked on ico accounts ...komodo would have join rise price range  Grin Grin Grin

why you make control withdraws?? devs dumping first scam again?  Grin Grin Grin

nothing is "locked" anywhere. Request your payout like everyone else and quite being so ignorant.

Cheers!

it;s locked ..will take months for all tokens to withdraw..BIG SCAM!!!! they know there is 0 value in comodo....so no buy support ....+ they sale there tokens first lol when in few months komodo hits 1k sat ....pm me lol

I doubt anyone here will even remember you in a few months.

dolores12

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:31:57 AM

if tokens where not locked on ico accounts ...komodo would have join rise price range  Grin Grin Grin

why you make control withdraws?? devs dumping first scam again?  Grin Grin Grin

nothing is "locked" anywhere. Request your payout like everyone else and quite being so ignorant.

Cheers!

it;s locked ..will take months for all tokens to withdraw..BIG SCAM!!!! they know there is 0 value in comodo....so no buy support ....+ they sale there tokens first lol when in few months komodo hits 1k sat ....pm me lol

I doubt anyone here will even remember you in a few months.

i made in 3 years .....double the money you will ever see in your entire life lol 

THERE WILL BE ......
rubiprojects

Activity: 240

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:09:28 AM

Komodo is dumping hard due to bitcoin pump? It does make sense, but Komodo price is under ICO now, which I can't accept, I think KMD team is responsible and will make KMD successful.
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:34:15 AM

Its only been out a few weeks,    this isn't a get rich quick scheme this is a long term project.   More adoption and applications are what will drive the price up.   
To make an adoptions list may help to get more investors. Exchanges adoption just lead to price drop. At least until Komodo will be useful for itself and then adopted.
If new features in cryptocurrencies world will be tied with Iguana wallet, we have to wait for its completion.
So this is a long term 'project supporters' investment.
Bitcoin adoption is growing rapidly and no many of these new people are interested in knowing about what a cryptocurrency is. They just use them because of their needs, because of the market trend, because of others adoption.
Bitcoin already has everything to make spread its adoption. And this normally obfuscate others cryptocurrency in their large concurrency.

To support a project like this, if not in the development, means to produce and realize marketing ideas, that of course will rely on new Komodo's features. Any adoption is for itself a new marketing idea.
And anyway a degree of technical skills is needed, or at least someone with these skill must be hired.

What many of us considers like a guarantee of profit in this investment, is the will of development team to include many innovative marketing ideas in the project itself, and we and developers know these are so relevant that will lead to a large adoption at completion. So, at least, must be as long as completion time investment.

A get rich quick scheme will be a great marketing idea  Wink
And maybe Komodo is a solid base for it.

Drai

Merit: 270

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:35:43 AM

Komodo is dumping hard due to bitcoin pump? It does make sense, but Komodo price is under ICO now, which I can't accept, I think KMD team is responsible and will make KMD successful.
Is most because Komodo investors aren't strong enough

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

komodod.exe has been released into internal testing.

there is a windows branch for komodo, but it requires debian 8 to cross compile properly.

git clone https://github.com/jl777/komodo
git checkout windows

For osx there is a darwin branch:
git checkout darwin

It defaults to building for unix. The beta branch is what the notary nodes use, dev branch is where I am actively developing

Running a native komodod is the most secure and reliable way to run komodo and it also offers full functionality of protected/shielded transactions. Once we have native komodod for the three major OS, that allows anybody to run a full native node.

These native komodod are of course headed into the desktop app where the GUI can utilize it, in addition to the existing iguana and basilisk modes.

On the marketmaker front, even in a dramatically changing market price and after hundreds of trades, it is close to breakeven. A bit of a loss due to the low spread setting not quite covering the commissions. But to properly assess a market maker you need to wait until the market price gets back to where you started from. I estimate it will be close to breakeven in spite of low margin and trade commissions.

This was a pretty extreme market condition to test an early iteration of the marketmaker, but it didnt meltdown and seems a steady performer. Now I have bitcoin basilisk mode supported for LP nodes, the next step is to activate the DEX client. I have the LP side automatically adjusting the bid/ask on the DEX side in realtime. It is also tracking all changes to balances so it can rebalance if the balancing trade for the client side gets an error.

I still have to finish up the error handling and especially the retry for the DEX state machine for both the client and LP side, but just getting a fully functioning system is the required first step

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
vincetcm

Activity: 1302
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:04:21 AM

Hi @jl777,

Will it be paid today?
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:15:45 AM

I remember when GOlem price was below 900sat per token, you need to see beyong the present value to realise what KMD tokens offer.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:34:39 AM

There will be a day that price will rise,calm your impatience or you will lose all the money...
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 12:35:32 PM

Hi @jl777,

Will it be paid today?
still very few payout requests, so will be Friday as I previously posted

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
DynamicPimp

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:45:55 PM

Personally I really like getting the coins below Ico however the question now is whether or not to use my wife's credit card to buy more being as I'm broke.  Lol
-DynamicPimp
Images21

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:55:37 PM

We will be waiting for this coin to get listed at Poloniex. And of course that time bitcoin bulls are done.  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:14:10 PM

Well, I am personally loaded now. Invested more then I can afford to loose, all thanks to 9k dumps.
Highly doubtful we will ever see prices in this range any more soon.
It all depends on holders of cause, as soon as quick-profit-hands change to hodl-hands price will only go up.

There are a lot of iOS and Android apps connected to these sources:

• Google finance
  • Cryptocoinnews
  • NewsBTC
  • Coindesk
  • Bitcoinmagazine
  • Cointelegraph
  • Insidebitcoins
  • Bitcoinist
  • Hot BTC

Marketing team (btw, who are those?) should step up. I am regularly checking those news websites. I do not remember ever seeing KMD article there. Not even once.
Hard to call it a good marketing when I see ChronoBank ICO everywhere multiple times a day and not even once about KMD. It will be hard to sell this tech if no one but a few knows about it.
I also understand tech is not ready yet, but let's say as it is - it will never be. There is always something to add or improve. Please advertise more.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: