Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191643 times)
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:45:06 PM

at least they have a fully functioning wallet

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:29:53 PM

I've sold very little of my initial investments and don't plan to sell anymore until prices are significantly higher.  I guess you can say I'm one of those few hopeful (or maybe hopeless) holders.

That makes two of us. I don't normally hesitate to dump coins that don't go up, but KMD / BTCD is the exception. It has lots of potential and I would feel stupid to dump it.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
iHaveNoClue

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:32:35 PM

Watching this project closely and have invested some.

I think building on top of btc like Komodo is doing is the right way to go, but can I make a suggestion to stop adding functionality to the wallet until you have a stable bug-free version. If you keep adding functionality it will introduce new bugs and prevent you from delivering a stable wallet to be used for simply storing your own coins safely.

I really like the developments so far, keep up the great work!

Certainly a good point.

Majority (all the known bugs) of the bugs have been fixed, we just need to get the release out. Some issues, such as a new bug, rises which further delays the release a bit.

The Jumblr was a very easy thing to add, it only took few hours according to Satinder. Adding it is a crucial thing as it allows jl777 to further test DEX and fix any possible backend bugs.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Dude, you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Do you understand the complexity that goes behind Iguana? Its not your typical shitcoin wallet which is made of copy paste code. Iguana is meant to be a multi coin wallet, a first of its type and will be linked to Instant DEX which means you will be able to trade from within the wallet without ever going to a centralized exchange. Bugs are only expected for the first 2-3 months because it is impossible to test for all the scenarios in test net. There are many things that pop up during the beta phase and finding as many bugs as possible right now will mean a much more stable platform down the road. Also, whatever the fuck do you mean by customer relations? You are an investor not a customer. This project is still under construction and we are probably a good 2-3 months away before the initial product is usable. Dont like it? Please feel free to dump your bag and move on. My bids are waiting.

I've been following SN/BTCD since the beginning, so yeah, I understand. I see that you're a newcomer, so I'll let some of what you said slide. All I'm asking right now is for a stable, useable wallet for basic functions. I was hoping that's not too much to ask for after being an initial investor in the SuperNET ICO and BTCD (way before it became KMD). That was about 2.5 years ago.

I know I'm very critical but that's only because I have high expectations for SN/KMD. I've sold very little of my initial investments and don't plan to sell anymore until prices are significantly higher.  I guess you can say I'm one of those few hopeful (or maybe hopeless) holders.

I apologize for coming at you in a harsh way but you have to be a bit more patient. I may be a newcomer but am a tech guy and understand how incredibly complex the SN infrastructure is. 2.5 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Big VCs and investors wait for 3-5 years to realize their profits. What SN is trying to do is a carve out its own space in a brand new world of blockchain and crypto currencies and this takes a lot of missteps, corrections and time. I think they have a good team and will pull this off. Your patience will be rewarded very well and its only a matter of time now. You have waited for 2.5 years already. Is another 3-6 months of wait really that tough? By criticizing KMD right now, you are only helping the trolls spread more FUD. Lets be patient and give them the required amount of time.
martino36

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:40:52 PM

Thank you for your notice. KMD must be the best coin in next year. I have bought some coins for long term holding.
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:45:11 PM

I think building on top of btc like Komodo is doing is the right way to go, but can I make a suggestion to stop adding functionality to the wallet until you have a stable bug-free version. If you keep adding functionality it will introduce new bugs and prevent you from delivering a stable wallet to be used for simply storing your own coins safely.

Certainly a good point.

Majority (all the known bugs) of the bugs have been fixed, we just need to get the release out. Some issues, such as a new bug, rises which further delays the release a bit.

The Jumblr was a very easy thing to add, it only took few hours according to Satinder. Adding it is a crucial thing as it allows jl777 to further test DEX and fix any possible backend bugs.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Dude, you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Do you understand the complexity that goes behind Iguana? Its not your typical shitcoin wallet which is made of copy paste code. Iguana is meant to be a multi coin wallet, a first of its type and will be linked to Instant DEX which means you will be able to trade from within the wallet without ever going to a centralized exchange. Bugs are only expected for the first 2-3 months because it is impossible to test for all the scenarios in test net. There are many things that pop up during the beta phase and finding as many bugs as possible right now will mean a much more stable platform down the road. Also, whatever the fuck do you mean by customer relations? You are an investor not a customer. This project is still under construction and we are probably a good 2-3 months away before the initial product is usable. Dont like it? Please feel free to dump your bag and move on. My bids are waiting.

I've been following SN/BTCD since the beginning, so yeah, I understand. I see that you're a newcomer, so I'll let some of what you said slide. All I'm asking right now is for a stable, useable wallet for basic functions. I was hoping that's not too much to ask for after being an initial investor in the SuperNET ICO and BTCD (way before it became KMD). That was about 2.5 years ago.

I know I'm very critical but that's only because I have high expectations for SN/KMD. I've sold very little of my initial investments and don't plan to sell anymore until prices are significantly higher.  I guess you can say I'm one of those few hopeful (or maybe hopeless) holders.

As a long time BTCD investor, i don't understand why you complaining so much and have no patience, because the Devs Team had taken a good care of you by giving you twice more KMD coins compare to BTC investors who got less....so you not that hopeless

I know you want to sell your KMD coins jackpot very soon, and that is your right...but at least have a bit patience, the wallet update will be out soon.

beor

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:45:23 PM

That's a very well written article, I wish more people would know about it! The article doesn't mention tradebots, does this mean they won't be ready in 2017?

And a question about the KV storage: what are the maximum sizes of the key and the value?

I think that is 8KB, key and value together, but you can join several KV to increase the size.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:51:11 PM

Is it actual possible to sell/buy REV-shares,...perhaps on 'Marketplace' ?
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:04:17 PM

We are developing a new type of cryptocurrency without registration, without wallets and commissions and without mining. .........

...and without my interest  Cheesy
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

what does it mean $ stable? I don't want KMD to be stable lol, i want volatility to the upside.

It means you can transfer KMD into USD automatically & instantly. The decentralized price feed is maintained by the notary node network, raw prices come from European Central Bank & Bitcoin exchange APIs. A new raw price point is being recorded to Komodo blockchain by the notary node that finds the new block.

White paper incoming, currently final editing is being done.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
gbdesai

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:18:25 PM

Awesome, two nitpicks. "Powered" is misspelled in the bubble towards the bottom about Jumblr. Oh and built-in is usually hyphenated. Sorry I'm a marketing wonk. Details, details...
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 06:37:20 PM

Awesome, two nitpicks. "Powered" is misspelled in the bubble towards the bottom about Jumblr. Oh and built-in is usually hyphenated. Sorry I'm a marketing wonk. Details, details...

Thanks for pointing out, we will fix it

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:40:42 PM

what does it mean $ stable? I don't want KMD to be stable lol, i want volatility to the upside.

It means you can transfer KMD into USD automatically & instantly. The decentralized price feed is maintained by the notary node network, raw prices come from European Central Bank & Bitcoin exchange APIs. A new raw price point is being recorded to Komodo blockchain by the notary node that finds the new block.

I've been in the exodus.io slack channel, they are doing a good job, but if there's something that I learn there is that you can't add a ton of cryptos to a multicurrency wallet without expecting to have tons of problems and bugs. You have to take the slow but steady approach, first add the most used coins and expand from there. If not, ask the jaxx.io guys why they ended up taking out monero because of the problems that users were experiencing. You can't just open to the public a multicurrency wallet with lots of cryptos that are buggy, what kind of approach you guys will take? Slow but steady? or all currencies the first release of the wallet and lots of work for problems solving..?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:13:44 PM

Certainly a good point.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Dude seriously who calls anyone dude

Cheers Jon Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 04:10:56 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 06:27:03 AM by KomodoPlatform

I've been in the exodus.io slack channel, they are doing a good job, but if there's something that I learn there is that you can't add a ton of cryptos to a multicurrency wallet without expecting to have tons of problems and bugs. You have to take the slow but steady approach, first add the most used coins and expand from there. If not, ask the jaxx.io guys why they ended up taking out monero because of the problems that users were experiencing. You can't just open to the public a multicurrency wallet with lots of cryptos that are buggy, what kind of approach you guys will take? Slow but steady? or all currencies the first release of the wallet and lots of work for problems solving..?

We have built a new Bitcoin protocol called 'Iguana Core' which we can use to import any pure bitcoin fork coin into our multiwallet, and they will work with the same API commands. The hard work has already been done by jl777, and adding new bitcoincompatible coins is not a problem.

However, a lot of coins considered as bitcoin compatible have added a lot of new code on top, and thus require a lot of extra work. All in all the situation is not so clear.

So yes, we will have to add new coins slowly - and right now we are mainly focusing on delivering the basic/functional product.

coingirl87

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:05:34 AM

We have built a new Bitcoin protocol called 'Iguana Core' which we can use to import any pure bitcoin fork coin into our multiwallet, and they will work with the same API commands. The hard work has already been done by jl777, and adding new bitcoincompatible coins is not a problem.

However, a lot of coins considered as bitcoin compatible have added a lot of new code on top, and thus require a lot of extra work. All in all the situation is not so clear.

So yes, we will have to add new coins slowly - and right now we are mainly focusing on delivering the basic/functional product.

when will be the next release? please dont say soon or something similiar. Thanks
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:23:21 AM

when will be the next release? please dont say soon or something similiar. Thanks

Every hear the saying "Its ready when its ready"

Katewind

Activity: 121
Merit: 92

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:24:57 AM

What about the price? it's too cheap I do not understand why it is under ICO price?
I have known that this is a new technology and it's better than the other altcoins and it has got a strong and technical team but it's very disappointing.
I feel sorry for this KMD.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:09:36 AM

What about the price? it's too cheap I do not understand why it is under ICO price?
I have known that this is a new technology and it's better than the other altcoins and it has got a strong and technical team but it's very disappointing.
I feel sorry for this KMD.

I think the rally in BTC hasnt helped and many are waiting for the wallet bugs to be ironed out before jumping in.
vincetcm

Activity: 1302
Merit: 533

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:39:55 AM

My BTCD Invested total: 854.10694542 BTCD Smiley

Will it be paid today?
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:22:50 PM

Devs should show their identities, if you want to see  KMD on polo.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: