Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:24:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:05:24 PM

Middle school bullshit, typical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gfigg42

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:16:58 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 01:09:12 AM by gfigg42

I'm not trolling. I'm giving you a chance to come clean for your orchestrated attack on our network encouraged and directed by jl777. It's up to you if you want to continue the charade.

We have an active lead dev and community that has been working non-stop the last 2 days trying to fix this mess you created all in an attempt to fill your pockets with safecoin.

If it's such a scam coin why did jl777 say: "SAFE might end up being worth more than KMD." Perhaps he'll weigh in as to why he likes the coin so much.

This is your chance to tell the whole truth. I think you owe it to everyone. At least kolo seems to have some integrity. If he's in the election everyone should vote for him.
Altcner

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:56:31 PM

I was not following kmd for a long time so is there any news which coins are going to be listed next to the agama wallet? And is this wallet also available for ios?
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:13:46 AM

Awesome, thanks for sharing!
webworker01

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 02:47:50 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 05:31:30 AM by webworker01

Hello all, I came to introduce myself and let everyone know that I am running for a notary node position in North America.

Over the past couple of weeks I have participated in the notary node testnet with great results! I'm the first independent (non-team member) candidate to surpass 2000 notarizations and will continue with this performance and participation in the slack #notarynode channel until the very end of the testnet phase and hopefully beyond!

I took on the testnet as a personal challenge and opportunity to prove to the community that not only am I competent enough to run such an integral part of the Komodo platform as a notary node, but that I generally also play well with others Smiley

Please check out CHMEX's website with updated notarization stats here: https://dexstats.info/notarizations.php
P.S. This data is sourced from my website and servers.  Grin

Yes, in addition to having sysadmin experience, I also bring programming and web development experience to the table.  How I will use these abilities are yet to be determined, but I will certainly be more involved and bring value to the ecosystem if I am elected to a notary node position.

Also, since I am only one person and a relative newcomer to the community, I am offering a 25% revenue share of the node's mining proportional to the votes I receive until the next time I am up for elections.  While this may only be a small amount, it is my way of saying that your votes and belief in me make you a part of my team.

To vote for me during the elections please send VOTE2018 assets to RPyD36pL25mRh4uNR2AaEHfoUjVHYDUbVe

Please check out my website for more details about my experience and my hardware setup at:

https://webworker.sh/notary

Feel free to contact me on slack or telegram @webworker01 if you'd like to talk!
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:53:49 AM

I'm not trolling. I'm giving you a chance to come clean for your orchestrated attack on our network encouraged and directed by jl777. It's up to you if you want to continue the charade.

We have an active lead dev and community that has been working non-stop the last 2 days trying to fix this mess you created all in an attempt to fill your pockets with safecoin.

1. Releasing the sources of (un)SAFE coin with public keys of Komodo's notaries in sources was a big mistake from a beginning and complete misunderstanding of sources.
2. Active lead dev who two days in a row tried to understand what is Notary Node and comment pubkeys in copy&pasted sources?
3. "Safecoin - zCash Privacy Secured by Bitcoin" - really? Without notaries and dPOW? Smiley

gfigg42

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:58:19 AM

1. Releasing the sources of (un)SAFE coin with public keys of Komodo's notaries in sources was a big mistake from a beginning and complete misunderstanding of sources.
2. Active lead dev who two days in a row tried to understand what is Notary Node and comment pubkeys in copy&pasted sources?
3. "Safecoin - zCash Privacy Secured by Bitcoin" - really? Without notaries and dPOW? Smiley

So if the bank leaves the vault open it's ok to go in and take what you want? Got it.
Peple

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:24:28 AM

There are smart investors. Do you buy this coin now? Can it make a profit or is it better to pay attention to other projects?
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:51:43 AM

I personally don't understand why James is even concerned about that coin. Let them do whatever they want, let them do DEX. Most people here understand where that premine will go from the non-greedy devs who still have no lambo. Just don't waist your time on that nonsense.
When I am personally attacked, I take it personally. But you are right, SAFE is not anything I should be wasting time on.

However, the policy on how KMD will deal with forks is something I feel I should at least have some ideas on. Until there was the first fork, it was not anything real so was hard to get tangible policy.

The danger of allowing incomplete forks to pretend they are complete is that when they fail, it will reflect badly on KMD. As such, if a fork is not technically worthy, I feel it is our duty to demonstrate this in a non-harmful way. I do not consider the loss of $1000 of mining revenue as any material harm and that is my estimate for the delayed blocks due to the diff increase. All this whining and screaming and personal attacks are from about $1000 of lost revenues, or more like delayed revenues. If the miners just stopped mining when the diff goes too high, the losses would be in the hundreds of dollars, but I will assume that they were not so good at cost management.

The security of the chain must come first, so if there are known vulnerabilities a tough love approach will be used. Anybody is free to fork KMD and ask for advice on how best to do this, we received no such requests from SAFE, who brazenly makes a plain copy paste and releases a broken clone. As soon as I found out it was broken, I advised them on how to fix it. So far this advice is mostly ignored and the SAFE chain is still unsafe.

Also, what is disturbing is their community's total lack of hesitation to rollback the chain. For 60,000 SAFE as compared to the 4 million premine, they almost unanimously voted to rollback the chain and even now I hear they are working to take away the properly notary mined coins. I dont know about you, but to not be willing to allow the creator of the coin that was forked to retain 1% of the coins for finding a big flaw, while letting the copy paster keep 4 million in the premine and millions more in stealth mined coins, just seems quite hyprocritical. It seems that all the SAFE community cares about is mining coins for cheap to not let anybody else get any coins, even if done according to the coin's consensus rules. Of course each coin is free to do what it wants, but if they are acting this way, I feel it should be pointed out that there is no value placed on the security of coins, no any sense of owing the parent coin anything at all.

So, in the case of such reactions and motivations, then I dont feel there is any obligation on our part to be any nicer than we have to be. An honest fork would deserve to have more niceness in its treatment. The more honest the fork is, the better the treatment. Basically it would be best to not disregard your heritage and to actually hold up crypto principles, instead of just being a pure money grab.

Now, regardless of how it is done, the idea is to determine if a fork is worthy of being able to call itself a KMD fork. It must be a complete fork of KMD if it is advertising itself as that. And if it saying it has made improvements to KMD, then that also must be demonstrated. So we will post a report card on the status as we find out about these forks. It might not be updated in a realtime fashion as you have said we have more important things to do, and the burden is on the fork to prove themselves.

SAFE:
Not a full KMD fork, so far just a cut and paste with name change "komodo" -> "safecoin"
No support for notaries
No notarizations
No protection from dPoW on BTC or any other chain. It is only protected by the very small mining done by the current miners.
Severe vulnerabilities to hashrate manipulation, coins emissions, compounded interest attack that have all been fixed in KMD long time ago.
A full code review has not been made and this fork was done without any consultation with us so there could be other implementation problems created in the name change process along with whatever other changes were made.
4 million premine and fast mining of 128 coins per block all for 36 million total cap, no hesitation to rollback the chain over 60,000 notary mined coins.

From what I have seen the changes made to fix the hashrate issues will be ineffective and does not address the real security issues that they have already been notified about. I guess it is more important to prevent any notary mined coins from being used than to actually fix the coin. Until SAFE is an actual KMD fork and safe from the known attack vectors, we reserve the right to field test the new versions against the claimed fixes. It just isnt responsible to release known vulnerable code. However any coins gained from such activities will be set aside for the future development of that fork and it wont be sold off on the open market.

Now all that being said, I do have to say that safecoin has done what no other clone coin dev has done and created a half-fork of KMD. If KMD was an ordinary coin, it would have been a perfectly fine cut and paste job. The coin ports were changed, all the usual required changes were made. So there is hope that safecoin can make SAFE into a complete fork, but this is not yet proven.  And whether SAFE can create any direct benefit for KMD with upstream pull requests...

To the SAFE community, this might all feel like harsh treatment and I do admit it is on the harsh side, but you did it to yourself with your behavior and constant personal attacks against me. I care about the long term values, not today's mining revenues. 

jl777B

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:58:35 AM

So if the bank leaves the vault open it's ok to go in and take what you want? Got it.
This is crypto, so yes if you are posting your privkey publicly and you have funds in it, guaranteed it will be taken.

This is a case that is of similar nature, but maybe it was meant as a way to reward the original notaries. All we can go by is what is in the code. I guess now you make it clear you feel the KMD notaries are somehow at fault for your dev copy and pasting their pubkeys.

If the crypto isnt secure, then what is the point for it? If you cant make a secure crypto, dont go crying that it isnt secure. And considering the hostility your community exhibits towards all this, it is not any wonder that the KMD notaries dont feel much need to be compassionate for your $50 dollars of lost mining revenues.

peddycb

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:14:08 AM

@ Bittzy78 this is no Komodo Fork this is a scam fork  Grin Cool Grin

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:01:53 AM

Is there any way to check how many VOTES have been cast so far? Looks like less than 20% so far, people waiting til the last minute I suppose. Also, can candidates change their proposals still, or is that not allowed now?
jl777B

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:11:07 AM

Is there any way to check how many VOTES have been cast so far? Looks like less than 20% so far, people waiting til the last minute I suppose. Also, can candidates change their proposals still, or is that not allowed now?
I think it is more like 5% so far, seems either tremendous apathy or everyone is waiting to the end

https://dexstats.info/votelist.php doesnt seem to have a total votes cast
Big Naturals

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:19:08 AM

I think it is more like 5% so far, seems either tremendous apathy or everyone is waiting to the end

https://dexstats.info/votelist.php doesnt seem to have a total votes cast

Wow, that is low, some candidates could get elected on pretty small vote count if this continues, although I think there will be a lot of people waiting til the end to try and maximise their influence, a lot of interesting game theory possibilities now, and if the turnout does end up being low, there is incentive to not waste Votes on candidates who are already elected. The last 2-3 hours should be fun!
peddycb

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

I have about 100,000 votes ... Can I somehow sell them  Grin

if anyone is interested just call  Tongue

shit I have good idea  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:26:36 AM

Warning! Use the strong passphrases in Agama and BarterDEX.

Few days ago i did some security research with main question "How strong are passphrases used by people?" in Agama and Barterdex and seems some people were used very weak combinations as passphrase (it can be easily bruted or used by other people).
Here is a list of affected addresses:

So, how could this guy know if you have a weak password? The data he posted can be obtained from a block explorer. What's the game here?

I suppose Decker did some brute forcing tests on all the addresses and posted those with the weakest passes. Maye Decker can tell us what they exactly did?
On one hand, if the concerned owners find their addresses in the list, they could use a better-protected one, on the other, if an ill-intentioned hacker comes across it first, they could attempt brute forcing it to get the funds, and apparently that's what happened ...

FYI, the address on the bottom got hacked and had his funds stolen as posted on reddit.

Big Naturals

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:42:07 AM

I have about 100,000 votes ... Can I somehow sell them  Grin

if anyone is interested just call  Tongue

shit I have good idea  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

If you research the candidate proposals you can find 5-6 guys that are offering to share profits from their notary with people who help them get elected, so no need to wait for the call,  the offers are already out in the open and transparent. Don't worry, it's allowed, and all part of the rich tapestry of komodocracy, trading votes is NOT permitted, but sharing profits with VOTERS is ok,
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:44:23 AM

Hello, i have an question here.

I have kmd on trex at this moment, i want to move kmd to my wallet for staking.
At this moment i have the IGUANA wallet installed on my pc. Is this the right wallet for staking or do i need to install something else for staking.

Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2960
Merit: 1243

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:44:59 AM

Hello, i have an question here.

I have kmd on trex at this moment, i want to move kmd to my wallet for staking.
At this moment i have the IGUANA wallet installed on my pc. Is this the right wallet for staking or do i need to install something else for staking.

You need Agama

https://artifacts.supernet.org/latest/
grewalsatinder

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:50:28 AM

Notary Node Elections 2018.
Please Vote for pbca26 (Petr Balashov), our Agama Multicurrecy Wallet dev

Hi,

On behave of pbca26, I'm posting his request to Komodo Platform users who can send their VOTE2018 tokens to cast their vote for Notary Node candidates for 2018.

Here's his text from Komodo Platform Slack:

------------------------------------------

pbca26 [12:54 AM]
Hello, I would really appreciate your help and support in the elections. Please find my proposal over here https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/blob/master/proposals/pbca26.
Instead of airdropping free coins I am planning to use a portion of mined funds towards dev bounties. This is going to be a little incentive for people who would like to help with Agama/AtomicExplorer. Sort of local tip4commit.

btw, was browsing the other day https://tip4commit.com/projects look at the first entry

------------------------------------------

pbca26 (Petr Balashov) is the lead dev of Agama Multicurrency Wallet of Komodo Platform. He's one of the most dedicated dev in our project, and since he's not having any bitcointalk or any social media profile (since he's mostly busy doing dev work on project), I decided to spread his Notary Node proposal.

Please Vote for Petr this Komodo Notary Node Election 2018.
I wish he at least wins 1 spot.

NA VOTE Address

Public vote address
Code:
RL2uXQLUSoCJQ7dMgJA9pWNgKiN6iMCn6J

Private vote address
Code:
zcPRDaWDVeYfM4NdDQMbmP1UT1T4pBTa9RKJWd1XzHAx49tfYCCPz28pzrAKj1pH11QbgEzRwzWrrkWj61R9rtEiwjWMu9h

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/86savy/please_vote_for_pbca26_for_this_notary_nodes/

Thank you for reading!

Regards,
Satinder Grewal

Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: