Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 [767] 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:07:41 PM

We are interested upon learning much more it. Do they offer a good place to begin on more info on the equipment requirements
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:18:01 PM

...a good place to begin on more info on the equipment requirements
Requirements of/for what?

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:44:46 PM

Populous signs exclusive partnership with Komodo.

Just wondering what's in the exclusive character of this partnership for Komodo? Komodo being a leader in atomic swaps, no direct competition seems to really exist so why the restricting to only one invoice financing platform? I'd be grateful if anyone who sees what I don't could share it. Thank you.

I think this is just a "play on words". Komodo Platform is an open source project and is not restricting its use. There should be a more detailed marketing announcement from both marketing teams coming soon.

Looking forward to those details. Thank you.

The only issue I have are the notary nodes - I always have an issue whenever voting is involved in any platform. You are signifying trust at that point (which is the completely opposite of what the basis of bitcoin was meant to serve, a trust-less service), and if there were to be a group large enough it would essentially become somewhat centralized.

Adding to this by asking if limiting the number of notary nodes to 64 is a necessity? I remember this was driven by the fact that the Komodo team had to guarantee $500 (monthly?) of revenue to the nodes. We can probably say that this is no longer an issue as mining revenues are far higher than that (unless KMD's price goes down deeply). Were there other reasons to limiting the number?

jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:16:29 PM
Merited by kaicrypzen (1)

Populous signs exclusive partnership with Komodo.

Just wondering what's in the exclusive character of this partnership for Komodo? Komodo being a leader in atomic swaps, no direct competition seems to really exist so why the restricting to only one invoice financing platform? I'd be grateful if anyone who sees what I don't could share it. Thank you.

I think this is just a "play on words". Komodo Platform is an open source project and is not restricting its use. There should be a more detailed marketing announcement from both marketing teams coming soon.

Looking forward to those details. Thank you.

The only issue I have are the notary nodes - I always have an issue whenever voting is involved in any platform. You are signifying trust at that point (which is the completely opposite of what the basis of bitcoin was meant to serve, a trust-less service), and if there were to be a group large enough it would essentially become somewhat centralized.

Adding to this by asking if limiting the number of notary nodes to 64 is a necessity? I remember this was driven by the fact that the Komodo team had to guarantee $500 (monthly?) of revenue to the nodes. We can probably say that this is no longer an issue as mining revenues are far higher than that (unless KMD's price goes down deeply). Were there other reasons to limiting the number?
bandwidth

the notaries create a N*N matrix network between themselves, so the traffic goes by the number of notarized chains * N * N, where N is the number of notary nodes.

Even with 64, that is much less centralization than the top 64 mining pools. Also, notaries only notarize, they have no centralized control over block creation. I think any concerns about notary centralization should be diluted by the lesser power of notary nodes than for LISK delegates which are the ones that actually create the blocks if I am not mistaken
jl777B

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:22:37 PM

I'm impressed by the amount of progress the team has made in the past few months, KMD is definitely a pioneer of its own kind. The only issue I have are the notary nodes - I always have an issue whenever voting is involved in any platform. You are signifying trust at that point (which is the completely opposite of what the basis of bitcoin was meant to serve, a trust-less service), and if there were to be a group large enough it would essentially become somewhat centralized. We can see a clear example of this by looking at Lisk.

Lisk has let this issue run rampant and now they have to deal with hiring a full "science" team to amend the issue, this seems like a greater feat in itself (rather than the javascript protocol).

None the less it's not like centralization really matters in the cryptocurrency market. Even BTC has ended up being severely centralized and people still use it. It seems in the end people tend to care more of the application or use. If that ends up being the case KMD is in my opinion a sleeper.
I think you might be assuming that notaries have some exclusive power to create blocks, which is what I think LISK and other dPoS systems have.

In KMD, the notaries can notarize, but all notarizations are validated by the other nodes, so there is no power to create false notarizations. There is no monopoly on creating blocks that the notaries have. In fact about one third of blocks are created by GPU miners.

So the notaries are stake voted into place and their notarizations are NOT trusted, but all are verified. Not so sure that this is any where near the centralizing issue that you seem to be assuming it is. True, notaries have the power to not notarize.
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:09:06 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 08:30:20 PM by Decker

Decker's 2018 Notary Proposal: https://deckersu.github.io/

Who am i?

I am an IT expert and systems engineer. I’ve formed part of the Komodo team since 2017. During which time I contributed to Komodo in the form of development towards the KomodoQT (KomodoOcean) wallet - the world's first GUI wallet for a zero knowledge fork that supports KMD and all its parallel chains. Additionally I assist the team in testing and development of new dapps.

Why Vote for Decker?

In addition to the wallet development I took part in the creation of the first CHIPS wallet, building BarterDEX core for Windows. Active member of the community with plans to support the platform in the long term. Notary node funds will increase my resources to improve Komodo dapps.

Proven Skills

• I can handle a wide spectrum of the Komodo infrastructure.
  • Deployment and support fail-safe work of KMD and parallel chain explorers, hosted on my own VDS servers.
  • Software testing, software programming.
  • Making blockchain snapshots, writing and translate documentations for users.

I’ve decided to become a candidate for the European / Asia and Russia regions and I count on your support!

How to Vote?

VOTE address:
Code:
RARcozaVAMZaXJaL6KWMSw297xTYzbDwa3
zVOTE address:
Code:
zc9re8upRd4zZQ7Zs1qm1BnsXtEQ8yhQm3UeWkAugto5FwfgH6NoKTGqKM47K2QNus3CV5h3Kd3wUfzzjctZvj5S3EDFZqH

p.s. The 1U server for NN from proposal is already hosted in Tier III data center and do notarizations in testnet:
Code:
./notarystats.sh

▓█████▄ ▓█████  ▄████▄   ██ ▄█▀▓█████  ██▀███  
▒██▀ ██▌▓█   ▀ ▒██▀ ▀█   ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▓██ ▒ ██▒
░██   █▌▒███   ▒▓█    ▄ ▓███▄░ ▒███   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒
░▓█▄   ▌▒▓█  ▄ ▒▓▓▄ ▄██▒▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄ ▒██▀▀█▄  
░▒████▓ ░▒████▒▒ ▓███▀ ░▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒░██▓ ▒██▒
 ▒▒▓  ▒ ░░ ▒░ ░░ ░▒ ▒  ░▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░
 ░ ▒  ▒  ░ ░  ░  ░  ▒   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░  ░▒ ░ ▒░
 ░ ░  ░    ░   ░        ░ ░░ ░    ░     ░░   ░
   ░       ░  ░░ ░      ░  ░      ░  ░   ░    
 ░             ░                          

-ASSET- -NTRZd- -UTXOs- -BAL-
KMD 1216 520  "balance": 6.82107777,
PIZZA 611 91  "balance": 1778.56273541,
BEER 600 153  "balance": 2555.34605364,

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:33:44 PM

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:39:50 PM

The next release of Ethereum will be Proof of Stake (PoS) which is  category of consensus algorithms for public blockchains that depend on a validator's economic stake in the network. How does it differ from Komodo validator
jl777B

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:41:13 PM

The next release of Ethereum will be Proof of Stake (PoS) which is  category of consensus algorithms for public blockchains that depend on a validator's economic stake in the network. How does it differ from Komodo validator
block generation is by mining
notaries notarize and also mine

whitepaper: https://komodoplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-03-12-Komodo-White-Paper-Full.pdf
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 10:07:18 PM

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:33:32 AM

It is really exciting to know that Komodo is on partnering ventures. As the CEO of Komodo Ben is really on a roll in exposing Komodo platform thru strategic partnership. It is really a commendable work considering he is just  a month old or less in Komodo.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
nn_fullmoon

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:43:38 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 02:36:34 AM by nn_fullmoon

Dear KMD stake holders who haven't voted yet: There has been a lot of active and repetitive campaigning by a few notary node candidates, with many of those offering a shared payout to attract voters. In contrast, there are also candidates who got little attention so far but are of extreme value for the Komodo Platform. Komodo pays out only about 1.5% per year of its market cap to notary nodes, but gives 5% to each hodler in KMD. That is totally different from some other projects like Lisk, Ark etc., where node operation accounts to 1x% per year. Thereby, getting a tiny share of a Komodo notary node revenue adds close to nothing for a KMD investment. What makes a difference with a view to a KMD stake is supporting those candidates who make an outstanding contribution to the success of Komodo in order that they can dedicate themselves full time and stay highly motivated and loyal. There are excellent worker proposals by programmers, some of those are new since last year, but also many who are with Komodo for some time. As a voter please take the time and actually read the proposals rather than just going for the highest payout. Many from the Komodo community have endorsed candidates. I would like to bring attention to Libscott, https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/libscott . What he is doing is spectacular. It brings smart contract and application development capabilities to Komodo, and it has to do with the recent Komodo 2.0 announcement for advanced notarization features. Komodo is rapidly progressing in that area thanks to Scott. While many candidates were campaigning he was busy with programming and world class system development. As the elections come to an end some candidates need more votes than others to secure a spot. There is also SHossain https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/shossain who was continuously active for Komodo and contributed to a lot of things, he deserves as well more votes.
emmanux

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:13:48 AM

Dear KMD stake holders who haven't voted yet: There has been a lot of active and repetitive campaigning by a few notary node candidates, with many of those offering a shared payout to attract voters. In contrast, there are also candidates who got little attention so far but are of extreme value for the Komodo Platform. Komodo pays out only about 1.5% per year of its market cap to notary nodes, but gives 5% to each hodler in KMD. That is totally different from some other projects like Lisk, Ark etc., where node operation accounts to 1x% per year. Thereby, getting a tiny share of a Komodo notary node revenue adds close to nothing for a KMD investment. What makes a difference with a view to a KMD stake is supporting those candidates who make an outstanding contribution to the success of Komodo in order that they can dedicate themselves full time and stay highly motivated and loyal. There are excellent worker proposals by programmers, some of those are new since last year, but also many who are with Komodo for some time. As a voter please take the time and actually read the proposals rather than just going for the highest payout. Many from the Komodo community have endorsed candidates. I would like to bring attention to Libscott, https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/libscott . What he is doing is spectacular. It brings smart contract and application development capabilities to Komodo, and it has to do with the recent Komodo 2.0 announcement for advanced notarization features. Komodo is rapidly progressing in that area thanks to Scott. While many candidates were campaigning he was busy with programming and world class system development. As the elections come to an end some candidates need more votes than others to secure a spot. There is also Shossain who was continuously active for Komodo and contributed to a lot of things, he deserves as well more votes.

As a candidate myself (please check https://DragonRiders.Team), I totally agree with this view.

First and foremost we need more developers, good developers, ninjas.

I'd like to see these two working for Komodo Platform for the next two years at least, and well paid.

And again, revenue shares are worthless to me. Reasons perfectly explained by Fullmoon.

Non technical people will have too much responsibility on a notary node. Notarization is not the goose of the golden eggs, as they treat it. It is a highly technical, mission critical, task.

Please vote for us, the tech nerds. Including, of course, Libscott and SHossain, specially them, fantastic developers.
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:58:42 AM

On that regard vote for dukeleto of Team Chainstrike, core dev of KMD and HUSH. Amazing dev!

Especially our AR node needs some voting love. Please send your VOTE2018 to RTHLYe2E6YzZPdWyr1P1ihm3FdSqqWuNjv

https://chainstrike.github.io

Thanks!  Cool
Vermalen

Activity: 546
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:09:30 AM

BlocNATION will be listed as BNTN once it hits exchanges! BarterDEX our decentralised exchange will be the first to list BNTN post dICO
https://twitter.com/bloc_social/status/978899849289625601
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 10:14:03 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 10:57:11 AM by KomodoPlatform

Join our Youtube Channel and check some Tutorials!!

BitcoinPlusBus
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:46:53 AM

Interesting post..Thanks for the link
CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:59:22 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 12:23:49 PM by CoinsInTheCan

Looks like candidates that shares the most of their mining-rewards MadMax (40%), Dwy (30%), Goldenman (22,3%), Ptyx (20%) are not passing in EU region.
Most people vote for their own region and Europeans are such a rich mofos, they don't need more coins, i guess    Grin   Grin   Grin

Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

3 Things Komodo Platform Team Members Will NEVER Ask You To Do  Wink   https://twitter.com/KomodoPlatform/status/979014836439912448

1) We'll never ask you to send coins or tokens to anyone
2) We'll never ask for your login information, passwords, or passphrases
3) We'll never ask you to share your private keys or wallet seed 

More information read on Official Website:  https://komodoplatform.com/3-things-komodo-platform-team-members-will-never-ask-you-to-do
SHossainKMD

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

BarterDEX now have fomo and dump API working in command line version. It uses current market price for that specific orderbook. Where are all miners at?

https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/KomodoPlatform/wiki/barterDEX-API-Summary-by-Category#fomo
https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/KomodoPlatform/wiki/barterDEX-API-Summary-by-Category#dump
Pages: « 1 ... 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 [767] 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: