Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:22:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 237 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][INCNT] Incent Loyalty | Waves Token | Traded on Bittrex  (Read 491272 times)
Bitboy12345

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:23:07 AM

The website states that crowdfund will begin on October 1st and there is also a countdown counting down. I've already registered and it seems that I can already invest, because it already shows a deposit address and already invested amount by others? So did the crowdfund already start before or do I need to wait till tomorrow?!

As far as I've got it you can buy tokens already... Havent actually tried myself yet, but the incent ico website allows for purchases as it stands.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:24:51 AM

The website states that crowdfund will begin on October 1st and there is also a countdown counting down. I've already registered and it seems that I can already invest, because it already shows a deposit address and already invested amount by others? So did the crowdfund already start before or do I need to wait till tomorrow?!

go now - it works

--

--
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:33:40 AM

From what i read from the website the ICO is open until they get 5 Million USD in capital /fund will just wait for further announcement.
polick

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:55:34 AM

From what i read from the website the ICO is open until they get 5 Million USD in capital /fund will just wait for further announcement.

Will this compete with Loyyal? What would be your competitive advantage? I see Loyyal has a big head start.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:17:48 AM

I don´t know if Loyyal is trustworthy after what they did to ribbit rewards holders.

Rweereindedn3

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:24:29 AM

Hello,
Is there any available slot for me?i want to join in signature campaign.And also want to join other bounty as well.Can somebody confirm me if i am accepted or not?Looking for my 1st signature campaign and also all available bounty for Incent project.
thanks
TheKB

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:53:54 AM

Escrow address and info? I don't find it in your website or OP. Please specify more details about escrow, including the escrow address, I want to see the btc funding situation, thanks.

Escrow address is https://blockchain.info/address/3EcZsF2GSYfBM6YNRJ7RAEuRhqLBhFRcdY
Currently contains ~108 BTC, a couple of angel investors and a few more smaller deposits from people who jumped the gun Smiley
Escrow is 2/3 multisig. Keys are held by Rob Wilson, BitScan CEO; Paul Klanschek, BitPanda CEO; and Fran Strajnar, CEO of Brave New Coin.

is it fine to send funds before ICO launch time? can be really convenient because the deadline starts at 5am in the morning at my Lat/Long

sorry, got the answer!  Grin

go now - it works
IncentCEO

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:03:13 AM

Interesting. Id like to apply for the campaign, is that 30 posts/week or i only need 30 posts untill the end of ICO?
It's minimum 30 posts until the end of ICO. Keep in mind that you have to keep the signature after you achieved the 30 posts  Smiley

If I get 5% more Incent for paying with $Waves - is that on top of the 10,000 Incent I would get for early investment? So would be like 10,500 Incent for one Bitcoin worth in Waves?
Exactly! The 5% is another bonus on top.

Will my Incent token increase or decrease when the price of Waves token fluctuate against Bitcoin price

No. The price of Incent will depend only on demand for Incent. RW.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 12:26:08 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2016, 03:13:43 PM by Cassius

Okay folks...

So I've already asked this question in the waves thread but I was hoping to get a clearer answer here...

How many incent tokens will be issued in total... I understand the investment cap is 5 mil usd, but I'm trying to understand whether there will be a total of 1 mil, 5 mil, 10 mil, 100 mil tokens etc issued?

Thank you

Total tokens depends on the amount raised and the rates at which people buy tokens.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:37:18 PM

this is a very promising and good project now.. I'll be following this now after ICONOMI's ICO end. I think this will be another big project now. good time to start dev.
hope you will raise 5Million $ at the time.
Good luck.
GiovanniDiCosimo

Activity: 602
Merit: 506

Your own digital self

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:57:49 PM

I was looking at your team page and only see marketing people. How many developers are currently working on the project?

Pete is our lead dev and is doing great work. He's coded the proof of concept wallet as well as ICO site.
A successful crowdfund will allow us to hire more devs.

Well, that explains why third-party services like viralexchange and waves are used.

There's a limit to what any one person can do!
Waves is the best blockchain for the job, and given the huge amount of dev resources going into it, there's no reason or point to reinvent the wheel. TVE is a very convenient way of administrating bounties.

I didn't say that this way is wrong. Instead, good solution with limited resources situation.

▄▄███████▄▄
         █████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
      ▄▄  ▀▀         ▀▀████▄
   ▄████   ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀▀███▄
 ▄███▀▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄  ▀███▄
▄███   ▄███▀          ▄███▄  ▀███
███   ███▀  ▄███████▄  ▀███▄  ███
███  ███   ████▀▀▀████  ▀███  ▀█▀
███  ███  ███▀     ▀███  ███    
███  ▀█▀  ███  ▄█▄  ███  ███  ▄█▄
███       ███  ███  ███  ███  ▀█▀
███  ▄█▄  ███  ▀█▀      ███
███  ███   ███▄        ▄███   ▄█▄
███  ███    ▀███ ▄██▄ ███▀   ▄███
███   ███▄▄     ▀██▀  ▀  ▄▄████
▀███   ▀▀████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
 ▀███▄▄    ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀
   ▀█████▄▄    ▀▀████▀▀
      ▀▀█████▄▄
          ▀▀████
  .P E R S O N A.   
uswa56

Activity: 812
Merit: 211

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:58:05 PM

Hey Guys,

This is the (admittedly polished) transcript of a conversation I had earlier with a potential buyer of Incent.  I don't post it to spam you, but as I get more practiced at talking about what has taken us so long to craft, I feel like Im getting better at tightening the language and expressing myself.

Anyway, you be the judge...

Other Dude: Rob can I ask you some questions?

Me: Sure!

Other Dude: How did you get involved in Bitcoin?

Me: I bought my first bitcoins in the Spring of 2013 and BitScan was founded that summer, with the mission of promoting bitcoin adoption through commerce. We launched our first product, a bitcoin merchant directory in the Spring of 2014 and have been building on that ever since.

Other Dude: How has the product evolved since?

Me: So what started as a directory, now incorporates a full e-commerce marketplace where merchants can lodge, market and take payment for their products in Bitcoin, any Shapeshift supported altcoin or even fiat. It includes a unique reputation system and in-platform messaging, incorporates cutting edge Instant search functionality and is built on Google’s Firebase. It’s a pretty Rolls Royce stack to be honest!

Other Dude: So what have you learned in the process?

Me: (Laughing) Well, what we took a long time to accept is what you would read on Page 1 of any startup guide; namely that your product must be focussed on solving a problem that people need solving! We built something really cool but it wasn’t solving a problem that enough merchants were facing to make it a business. We built it because we knew bitcoin needed it without stopping to consider whether mainstream merchants actually wanted what we were building. It seems simple to see from 2016 but you have to bear in mind that for a long time all of bitcoin was chasing mainstream merchant adoption.

Other Dude: Has the experience informed your latest project?

Me: You bet! Incent gets right at a problem that mainstream commerce is desperate to tackle. Namely, how to encourage greater repeat custom from an expanded consumer base, without selling the farm to Google and your Loyalty-as-a-Service provider.  And you would be staggered at the difference targeting a real problem has made. Having spent 3 years virtually pleading merchants to give our platform a try, the conversations are very, very, different when you have a product with the potential to attack genuine pain points and give your prospects a competitive edge in the market.

Other Dude: So, how will Incent help mainstream merchants?

Me: It will enable them to offer way more value as reward for custom for way less cost than is currently possible (with existing loyalty-reward schemes). Way more value because the customer will be rewarded with a digital commodity that has the utility and portability that all crypto-enthusiasts appreciate, plus the potential to rise in value. Less Cost because set-up costs are negligible, accounting infrastructure is outsourced to the Blockchain and because the reward can be redeemed beyond the ‘walled garden’ of the issuing merchant, there is no forward tax liability - as is the case with all ‘plastic money’ schemes. Better and cheaper is a pretty compelling value proposition - as we are learning.

Other Dude: And how does Incent fit into BitScan’s original mission?

Me: It chimes precisely with what we originally set out to do - only way better. Consider for a moment that every new merchant operator of Incent will be putting crypto currency into the pocket of every customer, at every transaction thereafter. Without mainstream consumers thinking about it, they will experience the benefits of crypto-currency, and mainstream merchants will be paying for them to do so, because of the value it adds to their own businesses.  In the meantime, all  holders of Incent are likely to enjoy the impact of enduring and growing demand on a market of finite supply.  With Incent, everybody wins and we think that’s pretty huge...

RW.

wow  Shocked

thanks for information

good luck
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:13:35 PM

Hey Guys,

This is the (admittedly polished) transcript of a conversation I had earlier with a potential buyer of Incent.  I don't post it to spam you, but as I get more practiced at talking about what has taken us so long to craft, I feel like Im getting better at tightening the language and expressing myself.

Me: I bought my first bitcoins in the Spring of 2013 and BitScan was founded that summer, with the mission of promoting bitcoin adoption through commerce. We launched our first product, a bitcoin merchant directory in the Spring of 2014 and have been building on that ever since.

Me: So what started as a directory, now incorporates a full e-commerce marketplace where merchants can lodge, market and take payment for their products in Bitcoin, any Shapeshift supported altcoin or even fiat. It includes a unique reputation system and in-platform messaging, incorporates cutting edge Instant search functionality and is built on Google’s Firebase. It’s a pretty Rolls Royce stack to be honest!

Me: (Laughing) Well, what we took a long time to accept is what you would read on Page 1 of any startup guide; namely that your product must be focussed on solving a problem that people need solving! We built something really cool but it wasn’t solving a problem that enough merchants were facing to make it a business. We built it because we knew bitcoin needed it without stopping to consider whether mainstream merchants actually wanted what we were building. It seems simple to see from 2016 but you have to bear in mind that for a long time all of bitcoin was chasing mainstream merchant adoption.

Me: You bet! Incent gets right at a problem that mainstream commerce is desperate to tackle. Namely, how to encourage greater repeat custom from an expanded consumer base, without selling the farm to Google and your Loyalty-as-a-Service provider.  And you would be staggered at the difference targeting a real problem has made. Having spent 3 years virtually pleading merchants to give our platform a try, the conversations are very, very, different when you have a product with the potential to attack genuine pain points and give your prospects a competitive edge in the market.

Me: It will enable them to offer way more value as reward for custom for way less cost than is currently possible (with existing loyalty-reward schemes). Way more value because the customer will be rewarded with a digital commodity that has the utility and portability that all crypto-enthusiasts appreciate, plus the potential to rise in value. Less Cost because set-up costs are negligible, accounting infrastructure is outsourced to the Blockchain and because the reward can be redeemed beyond the ‘walled garden’ of the issuing merchant, there is no forward tax liability - as is the case with all ‘plastic money’ schemes. Better and cheaper is a pretty compelling value proposition - as we are learning.

Me: It chimes precisely with what we originally set out to do - only way better. Consider for a moment that every new merchant operator of Incent will be putting crypto currency into the pocket of every customer, at every transaction thereafter. Without mainstream consumers thinking about it, they will experience the benefits of crypto-currency, and mainstream merchants will be paying for them to do so, because of the value it adds to their own businesses.  In the meantime, all  holders of Incent are likely to enjoy the impact of enduring and growing demand on a market of finite supply.  With Incent, everybody wins and we think that’s pretty huge...

RW.

I must say it doesn't look like conversation. It's more Q&A session.
Ok, you said it's "polished", but still... Can you quote something more from that guy's messages, just to make us believe it's real person?
kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:17:24 PM

Hey Guys,

RW.

Ok, you said it's "polished", but still... Can you quote something more from that guy's messages, just to make us believe it's real person?

i talked with him too and i invested myself. He is very helpful and answered all of my questions. You can join the slack channel and speak with him there. Btw he was involved in waves too and everybody knows him in the waves community.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:38:25 PM

Hey Guys,

RW.

i talked with him too and i invested myself. He is very helpful and answered all of my questions. You can join the slack channel and speak with him there. Btw he was involved in waves too and everybody knows him in the waves community.

Do you mean "Other Dude" above? Who's that?
wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:01:18 PM

I ask an interesting question, if 5M is raised within 5 days(it is possible because firstblood ico raised 5.5M in 10 seconds), we need to post 30 posts in 5 days to get the bounty, right?  Cheesy  

Maybe a little rush, but I prepare for this result. Pre ico raised almost 500 btc. Incent is booming. Congratulations.
retardsystem

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:06:42 PM

I ask an interesting question, if 5M is raised within 5 days(it is possible because firstblood ico raised 5.5M in 10 seconds), we need to post 30 posts in 5 days to get the bounty, right?  Cheesy  

Maybe a little rush, but I prepare for this result. Pre ico raised almost 500 btc. Incent is booming. Congratulations.

Ten seconds, so fucking shocked... They broke the world record.

KarlKarlsson_ (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:07:30 PM

That's an interesting question  Smiley

In terms of the signature campaign you need to achieve the 30 posts before distribution is done. In case we finish the ICO early, we will have to wait until we can issue the incent tokens before distributing, so you will have some more time left.  
wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:17:41 PM

In terms of the signature campaign you need to achieve the 30 posts before distribution is done. In case we finish the ICO early, we will have to wait until we can issue the incent tokens before distributing, so you will have some more time left.  

It is a good option, the other option is reduce the post count. I am very confident that incent will raise 5M within ten days. Do you team menbers think so?   Grin Cheesy
KarlKarlsson_ (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:19:46 PM

It is a good option, the other option is reduce the post count. I am very confident that incent will raise 5M within ten days. Do you team menbers think so?   Grin Cheesy
The 30 post requirement is based on the assumption that the ICO will be live for 2 months, so it's a rather small amount to be frank.  Smiley

We are confident that we will raise enough money to realize Incent, be it in 10 days or 2 months.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 237 »
  Print  

Jump to: