Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 07:26:43 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◣XBB◥ Boolberry - attempt at grassroots development movement [Bittrex]  (Read 408792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:54:43 PM

Hi Folk!

Just want to notice everyone, as soon as you install third-party builds of BBR you taking not only a risk of getting unstable/broken build, u also take a risk of getting spyware/malware which can steal money (BBRs, Bitcoins, whatever u use), it's all based on trust of developer.

My strong advice - be very careful with all that you install basically, at least use virtual machines (like vmvare, paralells, virtual box) for this things.
Or, build it from sources yourself.

Zoidberg.

what does he mean!!  Huh be careful of Boolberry Run edtion?

After i was talk with Zoid, yes including blocklogy guy!
Anyone with some code skills could check the wallets ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b4h4mu7

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:35:46 PM

Hi Folk!

Just want to notice everyone, as soon as you install third-party builds of BBR you taking not only a risk of getting unstable/broken build, u also take a risk of getting spyware/malware which can steal money (BBRs, Bitcoins, whatever u use), it's all based on trust of developer.

My strong advice - be very careful with all that you install basically, at least use virtual machines (like vmvare, paralells, virtual box) for this things.

Zoidberg.

Zoidberg's advice is sound advice. It's true that any third-party builds should be avoided at all costs. However, Zoidberg's last commit for the project was September 19th, 2015. https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commits/master. The blockology team are trying to be new developers of the project, unless proven otherwise by CZ. The prospective dev team obviously needs to prove themselves to everyone by contributing meaningful commits to the codebase to earn trust.

One of the main advantages of decentralized projects is not to have a single point of failure. If Zoidberg is interested in contributing to the project maybe he can update the codebase since he is receiving a % of all coins mined. A substantial update to the codebase would be an easy 20x for the market cap from here. IMO, he should work with anyone willing to help out on the project since the coins mined from his last commit haven't received much maintenance.

All that said, CZ is a beast. He did more work for BBR in short period than XMR have done in years. If he started working on the project again with the new devs, I have no doubts the project would replace XMR as the top CN currency.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:38:26 PM

All that said, CZ is a beast. He did more work for BBR in short period than XMR have done in years.

No offence, but that's idiocy. Tell me again about bbr's database. What's that advanced crypto technique that bbr is implementing that will completely hide TX amounts and allow for non-zero mixin multisig? What's the name of the more efficient and secure replacement for RPC that bbr is implementing?

Oh yea, those are all things Monero has done. Zoidberg changed the PoW to something that causes endless headaches for miners and makes everyone think that a low market cap spin-off is being "DDoSed" all the time, and added on chain aliasing that allows for squatters and scammers to constantly scoop up names for basically zero cost.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:11:12 PM

All that said, CZ is a beast. He did more work for BBR in short period than XMR have done in years.

No offence, but that's idiocy. Tell me again about bbr's database. What's that advanced crypto technique that bbr is implementing that will completely hide TX amounts and allow for non-zero mixin multisig? What's the name of the more efficient and secure replacement for RPC that bbr is implementing?

Oh yea, those are all things Monero has done. Zoidberg changed the PoW to something that causes endless headaches for miners and makes everyone think that a low market cap spin-off is being "DDoSed" all the time, and added on chain aliasing that allows for squatters and scammers to constantly scoop up names for basically zero cost.

Hi jwinterm, we appreciate your input... thanks for your contribution.

How difficult would it be to address your concerns? Hasn't 1blockologist adequately addressed these concerns is his posts and roadmap?

What should be the first priority to deal with?
b4h4mu7

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:36:04 PM

Idiocy? None taken. Monero is approaching 3 years old.. All what you have stated about XMR is recent developments spurred by an artificially sustainable pump in marketcap cause by a few obscure darknet markets adding the currency. None of XMR "accomplishments" are remotely related to the pump. If they were, the price would of 2x from the pump ceiling average. Instead we see a complete downtrend reversal to pre-pump position. Signalling a lack of investor faith and a failure by the development team to meet basic usability needs such as a GUI wallet, something CZ managed to do in a few weeks. The only solution being a web wallet ran by a troll who fancies himself a developer which is no surprise to anyone why mymonero has resulted in XMR theft..

If you want to see a real example of progress in a project there is no better example than SDC's developer. From July of 2014 to November of 2014 he started with a Bitcoin codebase and managed to implement one of/if not the first implementations of leveldb in the first few weeks of the project launch. Following that, he implemented the first open source dual key stealth address scheme and furthermore implemented the first ring signature scheme into the bitcoin codebase. He went on even further to make improvements to the ring signatures on the advice of Andy Toshi and Adam Back http://www.texpaste.com/n/xaypn9ni resulting in a 42%+ improvement over the previous ring signatures efficiency and an average of 50% to CN's ring signatures. He accomplished all this and more by starting from scratch unlike Monero.

You should also note that the KeyImage issue is something that was identified by XMR's devs relating to their own project findings and is why they could identify it in SDC's codebase. Rather than approach the devs in a professional manner to claim a bounty, they ran a clear smear campaign against SDC across multiple news publications in typical XMR team fashion. A failed attempt at eliminating a clear competitor and to discredit SDC's work. Shadow is still stronger than ever and XMR is on a serious downtrend.

All that said, XMR started with all this baked in from the bytecoin codebase. So please, don't attempt to lecture me about the relatively trivial improvements the XMR team has attempted to make in a short period of time to sustain its artificially inflated marketshare. The XMR devs have had 3 years to make these improvements. Instead, they've spent their time smearing other projects in a similar fashion to you trying to discount the work done here by CZ to BBR. In comparison to SDC's developer and CZ with BBR it looks like they've been circle jerking each other around a campfire, which in this case would be bitcointalk.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:02:31 PM

If they're trivial then why hasn't zoidberg or blockology or clintar out anyone implemented any of them? These things have been in the works for years and I strongly disagree that any of them are trivial.

Edit: re: cryptorambler, I think the most urgent needs are get the blockchain out of RAM and into db, whether that is monero's lmdb implementation or bytecoin's rocksdb, and then have someone tune up the pool code so mining isn't an ongoing clusterfuck.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 10:23:47 PM

If they're trivial then why hasn't zoidberg or blockology or clintar out anyone implemented any of them? These things have been in the works for years and I strongly disagree that any of them are trivial.

Edit: re: cryptorambler, I think the most urgent needs are get the blockchain out of RAM and into db, whether that is monero's lmdb implementation or bytecoin's rocksdb, and then have someone tune up the pool code so mining isn't an ongoing clusterfuck.

Problem is not pool code, but miner code

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
1blockologist

Activity: 411

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 02:57:53 AM

Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

What Zoidberg is saying is that we aren't submitting pull requests to his repository that hasn't been had a code update in over a year.

Pull requests are a way of submitting code changes to an open source project so that the steward of the project can decide if they want to merge that code into the "official code".

As we consider ourselves the stewards now this is clearly an unnecessary step because our code is equally as official and newer. It is important to note that when we made our proclamations of stewardship, nobody had heard from CryptoZoidberg in months and there were no code updates for over a year.

We have made two very benign changes to the codebase in the RUNE edition that are so basic that we get criticism for it being not being a big enough change yet. So it will be difficult for us to simultaneously respond to how obviously little changes we've made so far, alongside an allegation from a competent developer that our simple changes may be hiding something nefarious.

CryptoZoidberg has the opportunity to make confidence inspiring and collaborative statements, and chooses to write awkward non sequiturs too ambiguous for the market.

We don't really have an opinion on that. Some people are using the RUNE client, and that is what will be updated. He is welcome to submit pull requests to our repository, and we will also continue rebasing and pulling from his boolberry repository if he actually does start updating it there. This is actually a very professional and standard way of managing git repositories, and this is the level of professionalism we are trying to bring to open source blockchain development and cryptoassets.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         w/ bonuses available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1133

PosToken

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:31:49 AM

all this is not good for bbr ( 14k sat now )
you have to solve this ego problems quickly
mbe24

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:31:10 AM

As already posted on the other thread. I've finally created a slack for BBR https://bbrproject.slack.com, if you want to join, please provide your email address. I'll send an invite then.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 02:04:35 PM

Thank you Jwinterm... isn't the work being done by 1blockologist or CZ addressing these issues?

Do you know if RUNE is planned to include this work?
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 05:31:45 PM

Everyone is selling their boolberry to one of three people. Try not to be so gullible.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         w/ bonuses available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 05:33:48 PM

Thank you Jwinterm... isn't the work being done by 1blockologist or CZ addressing these issues?

Do you know if RUNE is planned to include this work?

RUNE is planned to include this work

The pool code is different

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         w/ bonuses available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Caladonian

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:40:52 PM

Everyone is selling their boolberry to one of three people. Try not to be so gullible.
this is the problem now theres panic selling which is staking the price to go down, let see how the dev can resist this
still going to make some good position and place my entry.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

5 BTC WELCOME PACK FOR 1ST 5 DEPOSITS
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 06:44:46 PM

this is the problem now theres panic selling which is staking the price to go down, let see how the dev can resist this
still going to make some good position and place my entry.

Its not a problem if you are one of those three people.

I think you misread, the people that are getting rid of their boolberry are selling to less impressionable people that are buying. And I know exactly who those less impressionable and patient people are.

Why do you think I need to "resist this"? Did you consider that I could be one of those three people that you guys are selling to? Does it matter?

A question you should ask is "Why doesn't CryptoZoidberg say things that could increase the value of his own stake in Boolberry, instead of saying things that reduce it", thats what my investors were asking and there are a few answers, but as others noticed, it mostly comes down to ego... and the obvious and growing possibility that I can turn off his miner's tax and cut his cashflow as more people use the RUNE client. So it is easy to feel threatened and say unthoughtful things. But it would be more productive to say collaborative things.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         w/ bonuses available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 07:49:35 PM

ok quick update, the latest version of the RUNE client disables the miner's tax.

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/pull/4/files

The kickback is formed from a vote that is enabled by default, this update disables it by default

Use the RUNE client. Pools are already using it.

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry

We haven't gotten around to making binaries just yet, but we think the pool operators can handle that.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         w/ bonuses available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 08:05:04 PM

We want to change the trading symbol from BBR to XBR.

We think any confusion about finding the trading pair, and liquidity, will be very short lived

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         w/ bonuses available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Embat

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:38:12 PM

Wow guys we havea new slack great work really!

ETHEAL           ETHEAL
      ETHEALETHE       ETHEALETHE
    ETHEALETHEALET   ETHEALETHEALET
  ETHEALETHEALETHEA ETHEALETHEALETHEA
 ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALE
ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETH
 ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALE
  ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEA
   ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETH
    ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALE
      ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEALETH
        ETHEALETHEALETHEALETHEA
          ETHEALETHEALETHEALE
            ETHEALETHEALETH
              ETHEALETHEA
                ETHEALE
                  ETH
                   E

🅽🅴🆆 Operating System of $7600B+ 🏥 Healthcare industry
🕸 Website  📝 Whitepaper  Video  📢 ANN  💰 Bounty  💬 Telegram
Improving the lives of 1 billion people by making Healthcare transparent.

crypjunkie

Activity: 142

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:39:35 PM

1blockologist are you going to join the slack
jd1959

Activity: 511

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:57:11 PM

We want to change the trading symbol from BBR to XBR.

We think any confusion about finding the trading pair, and liquidity, will be very short lived

You must be joking....You have a bright future in comedy

Cheers Jon  Sad

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.