Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Satoshi reveals himself, what would be of Bitcoin?  (Read 19651 times)
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:53:56 PM

I think if Satoshi Nakamoto reveals himself. It will be a huge news and media all over the world will be full of it. If not full then there will be atleast some mention. Thus more people will know about bitcoin. It will become more popular.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:17:52 PM

Satoshi reveals himself - Bitcoin suffers.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:23:58 PM

I've always thought otherwise, like don't you think only Satoshi can solve the current debates about BTCBTCBTC's own future?

Obviously the person would have the biggest weight on the issues.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 05:51:49 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 04:23:28 PM by deisik

I've always thought otherwise, like don't you think only Satoshi can solve the current debates about BTCBTCBTC's own future?

Obviously the person would have the biggest weight on the issues

It may backfire heavily

Let's assume that he makes a public appearance, proves that he is a genuine Satoshi Nakamoto (i.e. does whatever that might require), and then proclaims openly his support for, say, Bitcoin Unlimited. Does it mean that the latter will necessarily succeed? I guess, no. And when this fork eventually fails (which I'm sure it will), Satoshi will certainly feel humiliated. As to me, he made a wise decision to disappear so as to allow his creation (i.e. Bitcoin) to evolve on its own

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:41:23 PM

Obviously the person would have the biggest weight on the issues.

Satoshi wouldn't even know what Bitcoin is now. He wouldn't recognize it. It's been changed so much and stands to be forked again soon.

If he were alive he would probably make a new coin closer to his vision and make it impossible to use sidechains with the new coin.

optigon

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 09:08:33 PM

Who the fuck santoshi is? He invented bitcoin and disappeared and that asshole didn't had courage to face the world for the invention that he made so what's the use of such an invention if you don't have courage to disclose your identity?
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:17:47 PM

I don't know how real these claims would be in any "decent" jurisdiction

And whether he can actually be prosecuted for creating Bitcoin. Regarding taxes, he didn't cash out his stash, so why should he pay taxes and which taxes specifically? I don't know what really happened to Craig Wright and the article by the link doesn't specify if the police raid had anything to do with Bitcoin as such. But the guy seems to have been involved in a number of scam enterprises long before Bitcoin. He even served some short term in prison, so it is no surprise that the police keeps a close eye on him. But that again may have nothing to do with Bitcoin

You do have a point there, mate. It wouldn't make any sense to tax on someone's Bitcoins, if he/she hasn't sold it for capital gains. I've always understood that you should pay taxes on your Bitcoins if you sell them for profit. (as per USA)

But still, after all Wright did of scamming and making people believe that he is Satoshi, I think that he deserves this. It will be a great lesson to him (if he weren't the real Satoshi, which I know he is not) to stop fooling people, and take advantage of something that he did not create.

After seeing these events myself, I'm beginning to wonder if something similar or worse would happen, if the real Satoshi decides to reveal himself. Only time will tell us about Bitcoin's mysterious creator, if it will ever happen. Just my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 05:08:02 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 05:21:35 PM by deisik

Who the fuck santoshi is? He invented bitcoin and disappeared and that asshole didn't had courage to face the world for the invention that he made so what's the use of such an invention if you don't have courage to disclose your identity?

You must be kidding mate

Whatever Sotoshi's reasons for his disappearance might in fact be (after all, he could just die, a usual thing these days), what actually matters is how well his project fares without his intervention or even presence as such. Apart from that, we can see that his invention fares perfectly well with 1 bitcoin worthy as much as over 1,300 dollars. Indeed, it is not close to Berkshire Hathaway of Warren Buffett's fame with the prices of over 200k dollars per share but it still fares a lot better than most other currencies out there

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:47:08 AM

You dont understand game tbeory enougj to understand why he had to be anon for bitcoin to succeed
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:52:21 AM

You dont understand game tbeory enougj to understand why he had to be anon for bitcoin to succeed
Same as Microsoft or other top corporate the innovation is not the same  which is beyond limitations. In reality bitcoin will be successful only if it gains people support. So Satoshi could have hidden his identity so that can make it popular because no control is with every user not in single hands or a corporate.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:51:32 AM

Whatever his reason was, you have to show some respect for the man and his idea. He created something which others couldn't so blaming him for something is not good. If he reveals himself, i guess he will be arrested or put behind closed doors and governments should definitely try to change Bitcoin to their advantage.
olyaru

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:25:33 AM

Whatever his reason was, you have to show some respect for the man and his idea. He created something which others couldn't so blaming him for something is not good. If he reveals himself, i guess he will be arrested or put behind closed doors and governments should definitely try to change Bitcoin to their advantage.
On the arrest of Satosh this is a serious statement and most likely it will happen. There are a lot of examples of how governments deal with such people. I'm not talking about those who are suspected of not paying taxes.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:43:17 PM

Most people would have given out only vouch copies of Bitcoin technology and turn it into a membership only project, but he preferred to make it open source. Look at the number of lives that have been touched across the globe, companies that have had to change their Shylock business ideas as well as new companies that have emerged , I doubt if those are the hallmarks of people that do not have courage?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:59:53 AM

On the arrest of Satosh this is a serious statement and most likely it will happen. There are a lot of examples of how governments deal with such people. I'm not talking about those who are suspected of not paying taxes.
Exactly which is why he remains anon and probably not existing in lifeform anymore.

Gaven probably threw craig wright under the bus knowing full well he wasnt satoshi just because the dude was lying and gaven knew. So he first said yea it is him but later retractes because he let his ego get in the way and realized with a cold mind that better to leave it as is and have ppl guess
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:03:36 AM

I've always thought otherwise, like don't you think only Satoshi can solve the current debates about BTCBTCBTC's own future? Obviously the person would have the biggest weight on the issues

It may backfire heavily. Let's assume that he makes a public appearance, proves that he is a genuine Satoshi Nakamoto (i.e. does whatever that might require), and then proclaims openly his support for, say, Bitcoin Unlimited. Does it mean that the latter will necessarily succeed? I guess, no. And when this fork eventually fails (which I'm sure it will), Satoshi will certainly feel humiliated. As to me, he made a wise decision to disappear so as to allow his creation (i.e. Bitcoin) to evolve on its own

That can be the big reason why the name we call as Satoshi Nakamoto until now is not a part of the current and raging debate in the Bitcoin community. When he left Bitcoin, he left for good. Surfacing now can mean interference in the ongoing evolution of Bitcoin because whatever he says can have an impact on decision-making of many stakeholders.

On the other hand, he could provide the much needed leadership of Bitcoin. But I am sure he has all the wisdom in this world that is why he preferred to be called absent in the continuing Bitcoin class lessons. Right now, there is a gaping vacuum of leadership in Bitcoin but that can be the way it should be according to the plans of Nakamoto...so be it!
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:53:05 AM

I can't figure out why satoshi is still a mystery. At least his friends or family member should know about this invention then why they don't reveal the secret what's the use of keeping it secret. They might think that if they reveal the truth they might be arrested by police because it's a public property which affects paper currency. But if he reveals the truth then he might face some problems that why he is not cunning up. It's my opinion.
i don't know why he is hiding his identity but one thing is that i don't think there will be any effect on the price of bitcoin if he reveals his identity. he was just a developer of it and i think the way it is progressing day by day. i don't think there is any effect on it by revealing the identity of its developer.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 05:03:29 AM

To be honest, no one knows what will happen. I think satoshi took a right decision to stay anonymous and make bitcoin, a people's currency. Yes, If satoshi reveals himself and proves that he created bitcoin then governments would definitely put pressure on him to regulate bitcoin. It's better for him (and for us too) to stay anonymous, at least at this stage.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:08:36 AM

To be honest, no one knows what will happen. I think satoshi took a right decision to stay anonymous and make bitcoin, a people's currency. Yes, If satoshi reveals himself and proves that he created bitcoin then governments would definitely put pressure on him to regulate bitcoin. It's better for him (and for us too) to stay anonymous, at least at this stage.
Yes that will happen if satoshi nakamoto will reveal himself the government will put a pressure on him that will result for him to make bitcoin as a centralized currency and the government will be the winner and also satoshi nakamoto's life will be on trouble because criminals will try to kill and steal his bitcoins so it is good for him to stay anonymous.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:27:33 PM

You must be kidding mate

Whatever Sotoshi's reasons for his disappearance might in fact be (after all, he could just die, a usual thing these days), what actually matters is how well his project fares without his intervention or even presence as such. Apart from that, we can see that his invention fares perfectly well with 1 bitcoin worthy as much as over 1,300 dollars. Indeed, it is not close to Berkshire Hathaway of Warren Buffett's fame with the prices of over 200k dollars per share but it still fares a lot better than most other currencies out there

Yes. What matters most, is not who or whom Satoshi is, but the revolutionary technology that he, she, or them has created. At this point, it would be best for Satoshi to remain a mystery for the good of Bitcoin and the blockchain.

No matter if Satoshi reveals himself or not, Bitcoin will always be used and supported by its community for years to come. If it wasn't for Satoshi, then we would've never had the chance to discover a new way to secure or money, and take back the control of our funds, rather than only relying on banks themselves.

Who would've thought that such digital currency would become a great hit these days? Thanks to Satoshi's invention, we could all enjoy the benefits of decentralization over our funds, removing the middlemen for the first time in history. Just my opinion.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 07:33:13 PM

I've always thought otherwise, like don't you think only Satoshi can solve the current debates about BTCBTCBTC's own future? Obviously the person would have the biggest weight on the issues

It may backfire heavily. Let's assume that he makes a public appearance, proves that he is a genuine Satoshi Nakamoto (i.e. does whatever that might require), and then proclaims openly his support for, say, Bitcoin Unlimited. Does it mean that the latter will necessarily succeed? I guess, no. And when this fork eventually fails (which I'm sure it will), Satoshi will certainly feel humiliated. As to me, he made a wise decision to disappear so as to allow his creation (i.e. Bitcoin) to evolve on its own

That can be the big reason why the name we call as Satoshi Nakamoto until now is not a part of the current and raging debate in the Bitcoin community. When he left Bitcoin, he left for good. Surfacing now can mean interference in the ongoing evolution of Bitcoin because whatever he says can have an impact on decision-making of many stakeholders.

On the other hand, he could provide the much needed leadership of Bitcoin. But I am sure he has all the wisdom in this world that is why he preferred to be called absent in the continuing Bitcoin class lessons. Right now, there is a gaping vacuum of leadership in Bitcoin but that can be the way it should be according to the plans of Nakamoto...so be it!

But does Bitcoin really need leadership?

If it aims to be money, any form of leadership would be a hindrance. Really, why does money need leadership? As to me, that would be against the very nature of it. Money should evolve on its own in an evolutionary way via a sort of natural selection (let's call it financial selection). On the other hand, I wouldn't be idealizing Satoshi either, and he probably understands it himself (that he is not omniscient) and thus prefers to remain anonymous (for the time being)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: