Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Sound Money?  (Read 28496 times)
MiteLit

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:42:21 PM

I do think of BTC as money, mainly because it fulfills the basic requirement of money of being accepted in exchange for goods or services, although it's not accepted everywhere now but that's the case for almost any currency as well, were it's usable in one or few countries only (except USD and EUR) and it's exchangeable for various local currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:54:14 PM

It really depends on who you ask although today, I'm sure 9 out of 10 people out there won't consider it so. Even among finance people, there is a huge disagreement about crypto in general in terms of it being "sound money". That's not a bad thing for a currency less than 10 years old:)
bitcoin sound monet for me because I can use it to buy everything that I wanted , in everyday life i am using cash to buy foods , dress, and other stuff just like bitcoin, we can buy all our needs from it, and we can provide the needs of our family with bitcoin. bitcoin sounds money because it has a value now and many stores worldwide accept it too.
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:59:00 PM

Indeed it is money, in fact I dont see any difference between Bitcoin and any other currency , making trades with Bitcoin is just as simple as using fiat, and in addition you can convert it anytime to whatever currency online.
This is money, we need spend real money or working if want to have BTC, it's not free and can exchange to cash for our life. I think in future, Bitcoin can become to a currency with huge people use and the value is best than all
jrelcm

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:04:38 PM

I think so..
Since bitcoin is using as a transaction tools so it can be said that bitcoin is playing function role of money. Bitcoin also used as a saving and investing tools so day by day it's becoming one of the replacement of money. Not only that but also bitcoin is getting available and popular all over the world.  So...
Yes i agree from the word bitcoin and coins are money and it is all known all over the world as a transaction tool to get money
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:22:46 PM

I think so..
Since bitcoin is using as a transaction tools so it can be said that bitcoin is playing function role of money. Bitcoin also used as a saving and investing tools so day by day it's becoming one of the replacement of money. Not only that but also bitcoin is getting available and popular all over the world.  So...
Yes i agree from the word bitcoin and coins are money and it is all known all over the world as a transaction tool to get money
Bitcoin known as simply as a digital currency but we say that bitcoin is sound and smelling money now... currently. As of now bitcoin still growing it's community and rising enough. We can say this incoming yeard bitcoin would be popular to all of thebworld and bitcoin woule be the money not just a money......
hawthelegend

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:28:32 AM

Well, i think it is, but thats just me tho, because it really depends on who you ask this usstion to. If you ask someone who is really knowledgeable when it comes to bitcoins, his answer will be totally different from someone who isnt. And that is why i think it really should not be debated that much at all, coz even btc itself is not stable in a lot of ways.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:24:07 PM

I dont see any difference from my bitcoins to paypal besides being two different things, paypal does hold my funds and show me limit and fees, while bitcoin i own them and there isnt any limit. I can buy anything almost with paypal, if i need paypal i can sell some bitcoins, since the most place doesnt accpet bitcoin yet, soo yes bitcoin doesnt sound as money its money.
@Sifat

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:35:48 PM

I thik yes bitcoin is a sound money.We can use it many ways.
aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:43:22 PM

Bitcoin has more functions than money. And bitcoin can be used to gain profit in trade, so we can make bitcoin grow more.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:02:30 PM

Bitcoin has more functions than money. And bitcoin can be used to gain profit in trade, so we can make bitcoin grow more.
It does indeed sound like money, but some people again see it as one type of investment. Well, maybe it depends on the type of person. If he is the intention of making money, then it sounds like money, but if not, maybe he saw it as an investment tool.
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

Huh USD or other currency or Gold can trade and take profit too, not only Bitcoin! You can see Forex and stock market can do that, trade crypto only hot 2 recent year Wink
ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:07:39 PM

for me bitcoin is money, because i can use it to buy things and i can do transaction with it, and if somebody ask "is there are any similarity with gold or other precious metal?", i dont think so, but as an investment bitcoin is a good option, but to compare it with gold, I think its two different things
Technically Bitcoin can be used to buy stuff and things through internet. Bitcoin is a crypto-currency so it does have value and it can be used in transaction with in the wallet and transaction basis through web. It also follow the development on technology which make its value more resilient and aligned to investment and businesses. So it does not just sound money but it is a money itself or a way better money for transactions.
Haxor321

Activity: 489

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:10:11 PM

Yes bitcoin aound money.Because bitcoin is definitely a money. For me bicoin is an electronic money . Because like money bitcoin likewise can buy commercialized products that money can buy.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:54:22 PM

Bitcoin is actually sounds money because from it's term of "coins" in bitcoin and from the word cryptocurrency it really actually sounds money. That's why many investors go in to bitcoin because they know that investing here in bitcoin is much better.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:14:17 PM

I do think of BTC as money, mainly because it fulfills the basic requirement of money of being accepted in exchange for goods or services, although it's not accepted everywhere now but that's the case for almost any currency as well, were it's usable in one or few countries only (except USD and EUR) and it's exchangeable for various local currencies.
but i think bitcoin is really sound like money. actually we can use bitcoin for shopping online and we do not need to convert it into local currency, even in some places we can use bitcoin for shopping in local shops without changing it into local currency.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:50:45 PM

Bitcoin is actually sounds money because from it's term of "coins" in bitcoin and from the word cryptocurrency it really actually sounds money. That's why many investors go in to bitcoin because they know that investing here in bitcoin is much better.
Yes, I agree with you. bitcoin is sound money because of coins as you said. And coins is always used in video games or simple games. So it's really sound money.
Investing in bitcoin is really a great decision to take for investors. because bitcoin is a profitable domain to hold your money on.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:31:37 PM

yes that is right, that bitcoin is more than money. bitcoin can be use for so many purposes.  currently we are using bitcoin only for online shopping and trading but hope that very soon we will be able to use bitcoin even in our local shops, but it will take a little more time, because still the number of bitcoin users are not in good number so that they can attract the shopkeepers to  start accepting bitcoin.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:27:41 AM

For me it's a yes, bitcoin is the new currency in the business world. Maybe nowadays it's not popular and not all people are using it but I know i. The near future it will be the future's currency. Because it can be transferred into a real money by exchanging it into a bank. It's just like an electronic money or currency. The modern currency in the business world.
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:51:15 AM

It is not just sound money but actually it can be considered as one. I already made payments using bitcoins and it is not just one but several transaction from buying items to paying loads, etc. Nowadays bitcoins had it purposes in the economy widens and can be use in most transaction made worldwide especially those deals that comes in online.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

Well from my understanding of sound money it means stable money and judging from the volatility of Bitcoin I don't think it can be considered as sound money because it appreciates and depreciates quite too often due it's lack of central control and regulation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: