Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Sound Money?  (Read 28487 times)
Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:36:51 AM

Recently Steam stopped accepting bitcoin as a form of payment (because of high fees) what answer the OP's question in the negative way: bitcoin is not sound currency, it is currently only the investment vehicle, and I am afraid it may sink eventualy as well. I have read that even opening Lightning Network will not solve bitcoin's high fees problem, as you have to pay a fee to open and close a lightning tunnel.

So a call to developers: please fix bitcoin and do it soon!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptOliver

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:49:43 AM

obviously many investors are investing money into bitcoin, this is a new breakthrough to get a big advantage especially now that bitcoin prices seem uncontrollable, so many people want to profit from here.
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:54:49 AM

Enough said all I can say that it is money for me because what I earn here or in the buying and selling of bitcoin and other alternate coins which sets a good return especially now that price of bitcoin is jumping and jumping with now reaching more than 13,000 USD wouldn't it be a great source of income in which you can cash out as your money.

Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:11:08 PM

Bitcoin does sounds money because btc is known but not by many, people thinks that btc is a money its because of the coin in the word bitcoin, so now btc is spreading and growing.
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

It sound like a bank for me it is good to deposit your money in bitcoin rather than bank. Bitcoin was the future and fiat currency will defeat by bitcoin.

Sounds like a bank?? yes It can be but a guess the good term to be use is bitcoi s money because it is trully a money. A money frim the interne. Bitcoin already hep many people, So that was my Idea on bitcoin. Right now bitcoins price continue to increase so there is nothing to worry, I guess we must be thankful by giving this to us.
Wilfrer

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:42:38 PM

If Bitcoin is considered illegal then why does it still exist today? Bitcoin is not a commodity, it is a currency. It is not under the control of any country, it is not controlled nor attacked. Its value is much larger than gold. It is not real, but its value is real, so many have become rich by it.

Crypto4K
Copper Member

Activity: 247
Merit: 12

decentralize money

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:43:13 PM

It is a store of value. Not a currency.
By what means is money defined?
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:51:35 PM

bitcoin is a new currency that opens up new opportunities, and also that can serve as an asset...so there is a chance to make good money
Pompa

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:02:36 PM

For me I think maybe yes bitcoin sound money because many people in this world he wants to invest there money in bitcoin and  definitely its a kinds of bank
posoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:19:04 PM

Bitcoin is as important as Gold and it is a sound money. Bitcoin is very important in that it can be changed into currency and then be used. Bitcoin is a digital currency that its usage tends to be faster  in its usefulness to be used in trading online . And it is invested in  so that when the prices appreciates, the  investor can sell and make gain from the investments. Such gain is in  cash / money. In our own part of the country, you pay cash into the bank account of the person selling Bitcoin to you, which is a sound money to  the seller.It is a very sound money and there is no doubt about that.
deepika the crypto girl

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:38:02 PM

Definitely Bitcoin sound money, It's a digital asset which invented like what less than ten years ago, and now 1btc is worth $15,000. Lucky to see this
jkinit2125

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:50:16 PM

Of course! There are certainly different kinds of money. Check, Cash in Banks, and other negotiable instruments are money. Well, in fact, Bitcoin is also one. How can we separate it as a money? Money is a mode of exchange to buy something you want, investing on what you want, renting on what you want, and so on. Through years of time comes by, with the generation of internet comes along, a new money has arise. Digital currencies. And one of it is Bitcoin. We can transact at anyways at any time even if we are so far from what place we want to pay. Without any energy lose in your body. Well, that is my opinion about bitcoin as a money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:54:54 PM

I still can not call bitcoin as money, only bitcoin does have a function that is almost the same as money. The main thing is when you can buy something with Bitcoin. But we do not buy money either, but bitcoins have to be bought with money, so I do not think bitcoin is money, but it works like money.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:10:14 PM

It is sound money for me. Otherwise im not gonna work here if i dont earn. As far as i know people join bitcoin to earn. Earning means money. The reason we are into bitcoin because bitcoin is rising and the amount is getting higher. People are excited about it and they very hype about investing or even doing the trading. It is money for me. I am happy doing bitcoin because i am earning from it.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 03:39:13 PM

No, but many are calling it as money.

Actually Bitcoin is far bigger, important and valuable than money. We must consider Bitcoins a commodity and investment tool/platform for future. But still bitcoin have ability and characteristic to be accepted as currency to give more transparent and clean environment to businesses.
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 03:46:55 PM

Bitcoin is very sound money. It will growing very fast and people like it very much.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
jaipot

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:44:44 PM

In today's generation bitcoin is money because many vendors and merchants accept bitcoin as payment.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:22:07 PM

If Bitcoin is considered illegal then why does it still exist today? Bitcoin is not a commodity, it is a currency. It is not under the control of any country, it is not controlled nor attacked. Its value is much larger than gold. It is not real, but its value is real, so many have become rich by it.
I'm not trying to take it to the wrong way but, you might expressed Bitcoin in a very exaggerating way. First of all, anything that is considered illegal - exists. It doesn't mean that a 'thing' is illegal it does not bound to exist. Now here's the question, why did we consider a 'thing' illegal if it doesn't exist in the first place, we wouldn't have a problem at all then. Second, Bitcoin - being more valuable than Gold does not make that it is much better than Gold. You see, Bitcoin is volatile, its price could dump anytime, its not stable unlike Gold. Even though Gold is centralized, still it has a safe haven unlike Bitcoin, anything could happen. And lastly, its real, its just that its intangible. Ok, 'trust' is intangible, therefore we can't grasp it but it is real, you understand?

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:43:53 PM

Simple people that are not digging deep into blockchain technology can sure call Bitcoin money, as it can be exchanged for dollars and Euro. You can also pay with BTC directly for some services and buy goods online.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:00:59 PM

at first i heard about bitcoin i just thought it was a kind of coin. if you are really not interested to dig deep about what is bitcoin you won't know how valuable it is.. well as all we know bitcoin is a digital currency, now that i know or learned more about bitcoin now it's sounds money to me because now i know how or what are the ways to earn bitcoin and it is profitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: