Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many people around the world use Bitcoin?
< 2 Million - 45 (35.4%)
2 to 5 Million - 34 (26.8%)
5 to 15 Million - 27 (21.3%)
15 to 20 Million - 9 (7.1%)
20 to 30 Million - 2 (1.6%)
> 30 Million - 8 (6.3%)
IDK, I worship the god of Ethereum - 0 (0%)
What's Bitcoin? - 2 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Millions of People Use Bitcoin?  (Read 11836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:59:18 AM

I've seen that "study" before. In fact, it is outdated, and all it does just says there were about 1.3 million Bitcoin "active" users in 2014 and claims that "the number of active Bitcoin users worldwide will reach 4.7 million by the end of 2019". I could just as well claim that the number will grow tenfold and reach 47M active users worldwide by 2020...

Until there is a clear-cut and reliable methodology (like Blockchain stats), these figures mean nothing

There will never be such thing, this is the best we have, crunching data from exchanges, and wallet providers.

Even if you take a survey with big sample size and try to work with that that will also be an aproximation.

Bitcoin is decentralized and pseudonimous , so this is what it is.

How would you define an active currency user? I think it is any user who has transactions from or to his wallet at least once a week

I dont know what methodology they've used, but I am sure that is not true.

I dont think 1 transaction/week is good, it has to be more loose than that. Most people didnt have a transaction for months yet they are still active on forums and such.

If a person buys like 50,000$ of BTC and stashes it away, he is still an "active" user, since he has coins, but he might not be participating in forums and such.

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 11:55:14 AM

How can we check the users of bitcoin if the count of bitcoin users is increasing everyday, including the investors who getting in on this sites to their investment aspect. Well anyway its more about a million anyway.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 11:57:45 AM

How can we check the users of bitcoin if the count of bitcoin users is increasing everyday, including the investors who getting in on this sites to their investment aspect. Well anyway its more about a million anyway.

Its impossible to arrive at the accurate percentage of people using bitcoins as we don't have any database of users from where we can collect any information related to that but one thing is sure that users are increasing day by day.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 11:59:55 AM

We don't have any tool that estimates the number of total people that use bitcoin but I think that the total number should be less than 2 Million.

This because many people use bitcoin in multiple websites with multiple names and we can't estimate the number of unique people who use bitcoin at all.

Coinbase said that they have more than 2 Million but I think that the unique of people is more less than that.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:03:20 PM

there are no exact figures of how many users bitcoin. but now more and more people are using bitcoin.
even many people who started to develop a variety of ways that could make bitcoin is increasingly recognized.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:44:21 PM

About 15-30 million given how many people join us from SE Asia, I'd say we have easily passed the 10million mark, but not all people are active users.

According to the chart shown below, only around 400k unique Bitcoin addresses are being used daily. On the one hand, an individual may have multiple addresses corresponding to a single wallet, while on the other, Bitcoin exchanges, for example, might have fewer addresses than the total number of their clients. In any case, we can assume that the number of active Bitcoin users roughly equals this figure, i.e. about 400k users. Surely, a far cry from millions claimed...

The chart is taken from here

Yes, that might be the case, although you have to see that most bitcoin users might trade their coins p2p, so you have to add up all exchanges + localbitcoins and other trading places.

So i'd say roughly 3 million active, and about 15 million in total who were active or are active but less active.

Even if it were 15 million worldwide, which it can't be, that's still sad considering Pokémon Go has 24 million unique daily users and it's just a game. The market cap for Bitcoin is only $10 billion. That's sad considering Walt Disneys cap is $147 billion and Coca Cola is $179 billion.

Give it time, those companies are 50+ years old, or even 100 I think.

Bitcoin is only 7 years old, what do you expect? It takes time to grow.

Pokémon Go is six months old and is only in the USA and has 24 million registered users daily. Bitcoin is world wide, is seven years old, can be used for purchases all over the web and a local game is beating it in popularity. WTF?  

Pokemon go is a game lot of users want to play that game because pokemon go is a world wide hit since we are child and we are still watching it thats why and bitcoin is a digital currency that child or young people aint interested on it. But bitcoin users are getting high and high over the years.

You better hope that's not true or Bitcoin will die. If young people aren't interested in it, old people certainly aren't interested in it, then who's left?

The older generation tend to believe what they hear on CNN and their local news. They don't follow web news sources. Well, the mainstream media for seven years has been talking about the kidnappings for Bitcoin, Mark Karpeles and the half a billion stolen dollars in Bitcoin, the Silk Road Bitcoin drug empire and on and on and on. The older generation has no intention of ever using Bitcoin.

Kids (like I see in the park playing Pokémon Go, less than 25yo) are all that's left. They should be using Bitcoin by the 100s of millions by now.

Facebook launched in 2004 and within 7 years had over 500 million users. MySpace had over 300 million users in 5 years. Instagram had 200 thousand users two weeks after launch. Amazon Payments had 4 million users within 2 years of launch. Square had 1 million users one year after launch.
PayPal, the god of payment systems, had 80 million users 7 years after its launch in 1998 and today generates more company revenue than the entire market capitalization of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin, by any metric, is dragging ass so slow snails are passing it.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:55:37 PM

* India Counts over 1 Million Bitcoin Users

https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-news/258/bitcoin-progress-report-india-counts-over-1-million-bitcoin-users/

* Blockchain.info counts nearly 10m wallet users (some of those 1 million Indian users might have wallets on Blockchain.info; and some others might have multiple wallets on there)

https://blockchain.info/charts/my-wallet-n-users?timespan=180days

* Some research says there are less than 5m active users and it won't go over that number until 2020

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-users-approach-5-million-mark-2019-juniper-research-reports/

So, how many people do you think are currently using Bitcoin?

edit

Not looking good:

Please try to use links to any *good* sources of user stats; pretty please, with sugar on top.  "My mom thinks it's less than 20" type of bollocks will get you deleted off the face of this earth.

I voted for 2million and up because we can't really know how really much user really uses bitcoin as there currencies but there are also some countries that don't really care about bitcoin because they are using banks and there are countries that they dont have enough experience about bitcoin.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 01:07:47 PM

there are no exact figures of how many users bitcoin. but now more and more people are using bitcoin.
even many people who started to develop a variety of ways that could make bitcoin is increasingly recognized.

Yes there is no exact number of how many users of bitcoin are there in the world.  It can be hard to know because there were people who use two or more bitcoin wallet.  But one thing is sure, there is an increase of people who uses bitcoin every now and then.  Because of the desire to find ways to earn extra income, people discovered the benefits of bitcoin.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:34:38 PM

Couple of million have some Bitcoin; a lot less actually use it.
We can't really tract how much people use bitcoins nowadays we might know that bitcoin is really popular now a days but we can't really count in one by on but if they are interested then they should create something some people using multi wallets of bitcoin.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:53:40 PM

You better hope that's not true or Bitcoin will die. If young people aren't interested in it, old people certainly aren't interested in it, then who's left?

The older generation tend to believe what they hear on CNN and their local news. They don't follow web news sources. Well, the mainstream media for seven years has been talking about the kidnappings for Bitcoin, Mark Karpeles and the half a billion stolen dollars in Bitcoin, the Silk Road Bitcoin drug empire and on and on and on. The older generation has no intention of ever using Bitcoin.

Kids (like I see in the park playing Pokémon Go, less than 25yo) are all that's left. They should be using Bitcoin by the 100s of millions by now.

Facebook launched in 2004 and within 7 years had over 500 million users. MySpace had over 300 million users in 5 years. Instagram had 200 thousand users two weeks after launch. Amazon Payments had 4 million users within 2 years of launch. Square had 1 million users one year after launch.
PayPal, the god of payment systems, had 80 million users 7 years after its launch in 1998 and today generates more company revenue than the entire market capitalization of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin, by any metric, is dragging ass so slow snails are passing it.

You are using wrong metrics. For example, you are looking at the age of the would-be Bitcoin users. This is wrong. I could claim that the older generation is irrelevant (though this doesn't sound quite right, I know) since they are no longer earning money and living off their pensions. In the same way, the 25 y.o. kids (lol) are irrelevant as well since they are not yet earning money and receive some sort of financial help from their parents. But in both groups there are individuals who earn quite handsome on their own. What does it tell us?

This basically tells us that age is a wrong metric (unless we are talking about infants or elderly and disabled people, of course)

nickyhash

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:11:15 PM

By use, do you those who actively buy/sell or just anyone over rather long periods of time ?
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:47:19 PM

It's probably less than 2 million. I don't think a very high percentage of the population know much about bitcoin yet and even fewer have any.
I think seeing bitcoin not so famous course bitcoin users would not be too much. because if bitcoin users more than 20 million users, of course bitcoin is already known by many people? but in fact the opposite, the user may range between 5 million
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 11:54:46 PM

It's probably less than 2 million. I don't think a very high percentage of the population know much about bitcoin yet and even fewer have any.
I think seeing bitcoin not so famous course bitcoin users would not be too much. because if bitcoin users more than 20 million users, of course bitcoin is already known by many people? but in fact the opposite, the user may range between 5 million

I think below 5 million or we are still not in millons of user who are using bitcoins.. because bitcoin still not so well known currency online even my friends did not know about bitcoins. i share already about bitcoin but they don't what is bitcoins so i think we are still few users of bitcoin.. and growing for other bitcoins or old users maybe they are not using it again right now because they are already got their goal.. just like others members here or old members here..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:25:44 AM

I think below 5 million or we are still not in millons of user who are using bitcoins.. because bitcoin still not so well known currency online even my friends did not know about bitcoins. i share already about bitcoin but they don't what is bitcoins so i think we are still few users of bitcoin.. and growing for other bitcoins or old users maybe they are not using it again right now because they are already got their goal.. just like others members here or old members here..

I think we are already in millions but I don't think that we are already 5 million people and my estimation would be only 1-2 million people I think that is quite reasonable and even though we are not even 1% of the world's population just look at the price of bitcoin because of its demand the price is keep on increasing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 02:45:44 AM

certainly we can not count the number of users bitcoin definitely but we can predict that the number of calculations. but nonetheless it was only as an illustration of the calculation instead of the original number, yeah I agree that bitcoin users continues to grow each time. I hope it will develop quickly
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:55:36 AM

certainly we can not count the number of users bitcoin definitely but we can predict that the number of calculations. but nonetheless it was only as an illustration of the calculation instead of the original number, yeah I agree that bitcoin users continues to grow each time. I hope it will develop quickly

No one could really give the precise  numbers of people who already engaged  to bitcoin. And also  lots of people  uses  too many  addresses  which would really give   a hard time    to the exact number  and  also  i choose  2 million  people  or less  are   engage to bitcoin but  for sure it would increase its  number  because adoption is  still growing.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:57:07 AM

Not so much I think. But what's important is that the userbase is growing. Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 04:06:02 AM

bitcoin user number can not be predicted. but this time I think has a lot of users bitcoin.
bitcoin is growing and shows that bitcoin is the financial system is needed in the future.
caxandra

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:57:33 PM

I guess if you count all the world the number should be between 5-6 millions overall, There are plenty of users in china, india and southern asia plus a good portion in US and canada, There aren't any accurate surveys right now but I guess it would be around that range overall.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:10:54 PM

there is a very interesting result thingy going on in the results of this poll!

most people have voted for less than 2 million users that may be true but in my opinion it is a lot more than 2 million and i think the third option of 5 to 15 although being a huge range is more possible.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████