Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ?  (Read 27722 times)
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:09:16 PM

No tax to pay here in my country only fees for transaction. .and i hope someday they dont ask for a tax for bitcoins that can affect also our transaction fees to increase..
yes it depend on the policy of a country, if a country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay otherwise bitcoin is tax free in most of the areas as most of the countries has yes not yet consider bitcoin as legal currency.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:01:10 PM

i think it depend on your country policy, if your country impose tax on bitcoin then you really have to pay tax on it but for this your country must have to declare bitcoin as a legal currency first.
fatima zuhra

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:40:27 PM

if you country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax on it, otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin there is  only transaction charges and nothing else.
omer_parvez (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:59:55 AM

thank you very much for al of your responses and i really do appreciate this because i was really curious about the  taxation because its a punishable crime to not pay the taxes so i guess i am now satisfied and will liquify more money and turn in to bitcoin cause hey its tax free and who wants to pay taxes
Superbitzz

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:41:20 AM

thank you very much for al of your responses and i really do appreciate this because i was really curious about the  taxation because its a punishable crime to not pay the taxes so i guess i am now satisfied and will liquify more money and turn in to bitcoin cause hey its tax free and who wants to pay taxes
yes that is right say you can buy more and more bitcoin and can hold it for a long time tell yo wan to keep, as there is no tax on bitcoin and no one has to pay tax on bitcoin tell the government impose tax on it.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:48:15 PM

What country do you live in that does not tax bitcoin?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:48:17 PM

i think bitcoin will be our secret property and government do not know anything if we have bitcoin and i think there is no tax on bitcoin as long as we withdraw our bitcoin with localbitcoin or our friends that have selling and buying bitcoin for their daily jobs.

the government will check into your bank account if there any activity that seem illegal and ask you where do you get those money, but as long as you only make small withdraw at least in just $100, i think it will be safe for you.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:16:29 PM

I think paying taxes when you're using bitcoin is just for bitcoin investors, buyers, and miners, it is according from the article that I've read a month ago because this question have already asked by someone that's why I still remember my answer on that question, though some transaction in bitcoin have taxes also but it will automatically deducted on your account or maybe to a certain network if I'm not wrong.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:21:01 PM

It is upto which country you are living , if your country have some rules on bitcoin then i think their will be some tax law of using bitcoin, but like my country where still their is no clue on bitcoin, so we dont have to pay tax on bitcoin as we are not showing anything in tax law. But if we want we can take bitcoin as shortterm profit and pay taxes but that will also be in problem if in future bitcoin is considered as illegal, then it will become that we were doing illegal work using bitcoin.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:31:11 PM

yes that is right say you can buy more and more bitcoin and can hold it for a long time tell yo wan to keep, as there is no tax on bitcoin and no one has to pay tax on bitcoin tell the government impose tax on it.
Yeah there is no tax in bitcoin and only fees for transaction you should pay unless if you are using online wallet like coinbase that do not need to pay for transaction fee..
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:30:52 AM

Yeah there is no tax in bitcoin and only fees for transaction you should pay unless if you are using online wallet like coinbase that do not need to pay for transaction fee..

However, if your experience over the past year with Bitcoin has put two brand new cars in the driveway, then you are going to have to deal with the taxes.  Either way, watch your paper trails and keep your head down. There is a storm coming.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
darety1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:24:38 PM

One of the reasons people use bitcoins is that you don't have to pay any taxes. The government cannot ask anything because it has no control on bitcoin. The great plus of Bitcoin is its decentralization.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:55:01 PM

If your government approve bitcoin as a legal currency for the use of your state then yes you will pay the taxes and you will care about all the rules which a government will make for bitcoin and if they will not approve then you are free with them for any use without any tax.
jaweria khan

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:09:11 PM

it totally depend on your country policy if your country have impost tax on bitcoin then you certainly have to pay tax on bitcoin otherwise it is free of tax every where.
lucki777

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:35:19 PM

it totally depend on your country policy if your country have impost tax on bitcoin then you certainly have to pay tax on bitcoin otherwise it is free of tax every where.
yes i also agree with you, that if you country has impose tax tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax other wise there is no tax but it is also a fact that still very little number of state have impost tax on bitcoins may be yet not a single country.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:23:20 AM

What country do you live in that does not tax bitcoin?
i think most of the countries have no tax on bitcoin, and the reason is that bitcoin is not yet legalize by any state and there is no poly of any country to impost tax on illegal items, and therefore there is no tax bitcoin in most of the countries.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 12:19:38 PM

if i am earning a good number of bitcoins i am entitled to pay tax in the form of online income in my tax returns and it is madatory to fill in the details regarding it. Since i am not earning any monatory gains at the moment i am not including it in my returns
Hoor

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:04:43 PM

if i am earning a good number of bitcoins i am entitled to pay tax in the form of online income in my tax returns and it is madatory to fill in the details regarding it. Since i am not earning any monatory gains at the moment i am not including it in my returns
i think that is not you are paying tax, you are just paying service charges, tax is only collected by the government, and government only collect tax on legal things, as bitcoin is not a legal currency therefore government is not collecting tax on bitocin.
Bavarian Illuminati

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:45:34 PM

If you convert your bitcoin to the fiat and then you should pay the tax since you are literally making profit by convert your bitcoin to fiat, however it's depend on which country you live due to rules and regulation of each country is different. Unless you don't need to pay tax when you hold your bitcoin on your wallet or transaction with them.
bastw055

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:46:56 PM

if your country have impose tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin  only those countries may be collecting tax on bitcoin who are already accepted bitcoin as legal currency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: