Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ?  (Read 27757 times)
chrisivl

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:03:14 PM

In russia there are no taxes for crypto coins at all)) Unless you don't have millions of course
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:17:34 PM

Over here, there is no tax at all to the best of my knowledge and I will attribute this to the level of development of both our tax systems and financial system to the extent that not even entrepreneurs that earn money offline and keep bank accounts have been able to brought into the tax net since they didnt register any business not to talk of those who are earning money online. Maybe in the next 10 years we could get there but now, I guess every one should just continue to enjoy the tax holiday...
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 07:38:13 PM

Over here, there is no tax at all to the best of my knowledge and I will attribute this to the level of development of both our tax systems and financial system to the extent that not even entrepreneurs that earn money offline and keep bank accounts have been able to brought into the tax net since they didnt register any business not to talk of those who are earning money online. Maybe in the next 10 years we could get there but now, I guess every one should just continue to enjoy the tax holiday...
Where is "over here"?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
1.btcwonder

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:38:44 AM

Whatever you accept as payment for things or services is usually taxable income if it is definitely exempted. But there is no assessment or tax in bitcoin just the charge for the exchange, that you ought to pay for each exchange. Laws and tax assessment rules change from country to country.
vivabux

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

MoonDeFi

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:50:24 AM

in carribean bitcoin is not taxable, most ppl does not even know nothing about Bitcoin.

MOONDEFI

Powered by,
rvrl_23

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:19:29 AM

That's one of the advantages of using bit coins, no tax, you can use it in almost everything.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:37:54 PM

That's one of the advantages of using bit coins, no tax, you can use it in almost everything.
Well, depending on where you live, that “no tax” can become “tax evasion” and get you into a lot of trouble. You should really look into your local laws.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1349

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:55:12 PM

Well, depending on where you live, that “no tax” can become “tax evasion” and get you into a lot of trouble. You should really look into your local laws.
An interesting feature of bitcoin is that it's very difficult to prove when they were acquired. This means that if he buys the coins today and spends them in a store, he doesn't have to pay income tax, because he didn't gain anything, but the situation doesn't change much if he buys it a month before and the value rises by $200. Technically, he'll have more and should pay tax from this profit, but in reality he could say he bought it yesterday. I'm sure in future tax offices will have special groups dedicated to tracking blockchain activity, but for now it's pretty much Wild West.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:32:43 PM

At least right now, you can escape from taxes. But I'm pretty much predicting that this won't last longer in many 1st-class countries.

But right now, that's the beauty of bitcoin, you don't have to pay taxes! Tongue
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 06:31:56 AM

There is no tax in bitcoin only the fee for transaction that you should pay for every transaction..  but there is online wallet site that you dont need to pay for fees for every transaction like coinbase.

what site is that ? i would like to know., thanks

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 12:27:57 PM

There is no tax in bitcoin only the fee for transaction that you should pay for every transaction..  but there is online wallet site that you dont need to pay for fees for every transaction like coinbase.

I think what they are saying is that if you have your Bitcoins in a deposit account - you do not have the private keys and you have lent your bitcoins to the web site - and you send them to someone who is also a deposit account holder at the same site, then there would be no transaction fee.  This is because the web site owns all the bitcoins you have on deposit there and they can just move them to someone else's account without doing an actual transaction on the block chain.  They just do a database change that deducts the bitcoins from your account and puts them in the other person's account.

There would be no transaction fee since there is no actual Bitcoin transaction on the block chain.

However, you do not own the Bitcoins and you do not control the private key when you have lent your Bitcoins to a "bank" like this.

Coinbase is an example of a deposit account rather than a Bitcoin wallet.

The part that says there is no tax is total bullshit (in the US).

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Renji Abarai

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:52:05 PM

There is no tax in bitcoin only the fee for transaction that you should pay for every transaction..  but there is online wallet site that you dont need to pay for fees for every transaction like coinbase.

There is no tax, that is why government pursue or passes laws to  regulate it, in that case the government can get fees in the form of regulating fees, licensed to operate as an exchange etc

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:28:52 PM

I'm sure not. Because bitcoin is not controlled by any state or international financial institution. Bitcoin belongs to everyone in this world.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 12:03:50 AM

I'm sure not. Because bitcoin is not controlled by any state or international financial institution. Bitcoin belongs to everyone in this world.
This does not matter one bit (in the US).

User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:18:28 PM

NO!

Bitcoin is according to the law a commodity and not a currency.

[could be your ad]
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 06:21:44 PM

NO!

Therefore it is taxed like any other stock/bond/commodity:  it is subject to the capital gains taxes (in the US).

Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:55:16 PM

in carribean bitcoin is not taxable, most ppl does not even know nothing about Bitcoin.
i do not think that in any area the government is collecting tax on bitcoin, in fact there is no tax on bitcoin right now. but i think the government may be thinking about that, but first they have to consider bitcoin as legal currency and only then they can put tax on bitcoin. as government cannot put tax on illegal items.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 10:56:36 PM

i do not think that in any area the government is collecting tax on bitcoin, in fact there is no tax on bitcoin right now. but i think the government may be thinking about that, but first they have to consider bitcoin as legal currency and only then they can put tax on bitcoin. as government cannot put tax on illegal items.
More signature spam total bullshit.  You are wrong.  You could not be more wrong if you tried.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:54:06 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 05:40:30 AM by Amph

NO!

Therefore it is taxed like any other stock/bond/commodity:  it is subject to the capital gains taxes (in the US).

the difference is that stock and other are heavily controlled, and you are forced to claim your income, i mean any forex platform require ID, so they know everythign about your movement

but with bitcoin i can do trade in decentralized way if possible, like with bitsquare/bitshares, with bitcoin there is a high chance that you can evade your claiming and they will never know

not to mention all the altcoin that i'm sure can be traded directly with fiat if possible, in real life, i mean i want to met someone and sell him 100k "shittycoin" and he pay me in fiat

we can do this chilling at my home or his home, there is no way that someone will know about this...
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:28:39 AM

Right now in many countries, bitcoin is not taxable because still, governments are still in confusion whether to declare it as legal currency or not.
But people who are making through bitcoin and converting them into fiat are paying taxes to the government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: