Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The danger of the cyptocurrencies  (Read 45128 times)
btcloi78

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:58:25 PM

The danger of bitcoin or altscoins is  that you can lose very easy.You need a external backup for security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 05:31:18 PM

The danger of bitcoin or altscoins is  that you can lose very easy.You need a external backup for security.
I think there is also a secure and easy way to secure bitcoin / altcoin. Put your coins in paper wallet address created over offline computer and save those paper wallet in secure places or even you can bury them on ground within protected case.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 05:48:38 PM

I think there is also a secure and easy way to secure bitcoin / altcoin. Put your coins in paper wallet address created over offline computer and save those paper wallet in secure places or even you can bury them on ground within protected case.
It takes too much time to build a protected and secured your funds from your wallet.. in bitcoin i only trust on the wallet like bitcoin qt and electrum but the other wallet i dont trust them since i experience bad in online wallet like blockchain and coinbase..
So if you really want for safety you can use bitcoinqt install anti virus in your pc and backup important files and password from your bitcoin qt.. so that if you want to install it to other wallet you can use backup files to recover it and get your bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 05:56:33 PM

Now, all crypto currency give us benefits, so i don't think that all crypto have a danger room. Because we can earn free hand from all  crypto currencies, and bitcoin is in a top number, even when it is come than many people thought that bitcoin would be die very soon because on one know about it. But now bitcoin still here and have a lot of trust, also an other crypto currencies, we can see these are used on daily basis on altcoin trading.
Well we dont know what will happen in crypto in the future but if bitcoin or any crypto will be illegal to use in some country.. i hope that my country is not one of them. .since bitcoin and other crypto are large help to my life i was collected many altcoin and i hoping for the price increase in the future holding those crypto for a long time can have chance to have a good profit just like on ethereum..
WarThunder

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:05:31 PM

Now, all crypto currency give us benefits, so i don't think that all crypto have a danger room. Because we can earn free hand from all  crypto currencies, and bitcoin is in a top number, even when it is come than many people thought that bitcoin would be die very soon because on one know about it. But now bitcoin still here and have a lot of trust, also an other crypto currencies, we can see these are used on daily basis on altcoin trading.
Well we dont know what will happen in crypto in the future but if bitcoin or any crypto will be illegal to use in some country.. i hope that my country is not one of them. .since bitcoin and other crypto are large help to my life i was collected many altcoin and i hoping for the price increase in the future holding those crypto for a long time can have chance to have a good profit just like on ethereum..
To date, there are countries that prohibit bitcoin, but there are recognized and are already working with cryptocurrency at full capacity.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:26:36 PM

i can understand your concerns regarding the founder of bitcoin and it is possible that it is a great hoax to make people understand the ways in which you can store your assets online and with enough saturation it is possible that the government could pass a law to control the entire process,either way i liked your wild imagination  Smiley
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 08:23:16 PM

Bitcoin is just a medium of exchange....The real wealth is contained within the goods and services which are exchanged utilizing the platform.  If one were to store all of their wealth into a cryptocurrency, instead of exchanging it for an equally valued good or service, and the market dropped out because it was stolen or exploited, then it would have no value to anybody.  In that case, another medium of exchange would present itself.  The goods (bricks, steel, gas, solar panels....etc) and the services (doctors, lawyers, engineers....etc) are where true wealth abides, not the means of exchanging such wealth.  Now....if a blockchain could become more resourceful and utilitarian, then we'd have a whole different beast for which to contend.  <---Just an observation!
ivan.daineko23

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

Bitcoin is just a medium of exchange....The real wealth is contained within the goods and services which are exchanged utilizing the platform.  If one were to store all of their wealth into a cryptocurrency, instead of exchanging it for an equally valued good or service, and the market dropped out because it was stolen or exploited, then it would have no value to anybody.  In that case, another medium of exchange would present itself.  The goods (bricks, steel, gas, solar panels....etc) and the services (doctors, lawyers, engineers....etc) are where true wealth abides, not the means of exchanging such wealth.  Now....if a blockchain could become more resourceful and utilitarian, then we'd have a whole different beast for which to contend.  <---Just an observation!
With your arguments one can not but agree. The fact is that because of this it is not necessary to keep their savings in bitcoin, but still hoping for a quick wealth and quick profits are willing to wait and holding coins to the high prices. But there is already stored a danger.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:38:22 PM

The danger is that we are never 100% safe when we store our crypto-currencies. The risk of a hacker attack or the risk of the computer stop working or any other technological item where your coins are stored stop working.

Another danger is the price of coins, it can go down at some point and it loses value. So you have a loss... Because of it, it's important to know in which coins invest, to don't lose your money price on medium or long term.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:53:54 PM

What if CIA behind this project?
It doesn't matter who's "behind" it. Fact is: Bitcoin is as it is. All strengths and weaknesses are known, "whoever is behind it" doesn't have more information than you or me. Blockchain is public knowledge.

I don't think the CIA created it. It's just someone (or a group) who created something that became successful.

What if bitcoin price rises to 1.000.000$ and gold and USD become literally worthless? That's when bitcoin will be the world currency, and people gonna realise that gold is just a stone, USD is just a toilet paper.
There are way too many far-fetched assumptions in here to be worth discussing.

Far-fetched assumption, I think it just fantasies to say gold just a stone and dollar just a toilet paper in the future of cryptocurrencies world.
something judged on their usefulness, gold is the best precious metal that has been used for a long time in daily life such as in the electrical and electronics, even as a teeth and additives in food. The same applies for USD, it's a states currency and will always be.
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:58:50 PM

Gold will NEVER be worthless no matter what Bitcoin and USD's price would be. Gold is rare and exists virtually, making it worth a lot and it doesn't depend on any other currency. If USD would disappear, Gold's price would skyrocket. What worries me is that, in case of a crisis, Bitcoin can entirely disappear because nobody would trust online things anymore (I'm talking about a crisis worse than the 2008 one).

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:03:41 PM

Gold will NEVER be worthless no matter what Bitcoin and USD's price would be. Gold is rare and exists virtually, making it worth a lot and it doesn't depend on any other currency. If USD would disappear, Gold's price would skyrocket. What worries me is that, in case of a crisis, Bitcoin can entirely disappear because nobody would trust online things anymore (I'm talking about a crisis worse than the 2008 one).
Gold is actually quite common,  however it is just rarer on earth. If we had access to asteroids and everything, we would suddenly have access to a lot more gold, the question would then become whether or not it is economical to mine it vs. what we can find on Earth.

Bitcoin could disappear, but it depends on the scale of the collapse. One with the internet and everything still up would not be an issue.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 09:24:47 PM

Gold is actually quite common,  however it is just rarer on earth. If we had access to asteroids and everything, we would suddenly have access to a lot more gold, the question would then become whether or not it is economical to mine it vs. what we can find on Earth.

Bitcoin could disappear, but it depends on the scale of the collapse. One with the internet and everything still up would not be an issue.

The same could be said for bitcoin: is it economical to mine vs what we can find lying around in faucets?  There are some blockchains being hashed out that provide not only a means to transfer wealth but also provide a utilitarian function that allow them to engage in services that would otherwise require additional resources to accomplish.  For example, there are blockchains that allow contracts to be initiated without the expense of a lawyer, escrow service, or notary....etc.  Watch those because they also have an inherent value (that's only now being realized) aside from merely being a store of wealth or means of exchange.
Narosya

Activity: 428

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:34:28 PM

Gold is actually quite common,  however it is just rarer on earth. If we had access to asteroids and everything, we would suddenly have access to a lot more gold, the question would then become whether or not it is economical to mine it vs. what we can find on Earth.

The same could be said for bitcoin: is it economical to mine vs what we can find lying around in faucets?  There are some blockchains being hashed out that provide not only a means to transfer wealth but also provide a utilitarian function that allow them to engage in services that would otherwise require additional resources to accomplish.  For example, there are blockchains that allow contracts to be initiated without the expense of a lawyer, escrow service, or notary....etc.  Watch those because they also have an inherent value (that's only now being realized) aside from merely being a store of wealth or means of exchange.
How can participate notary or lawyer to protect the rights of the user, if bitcoin wallets and which store the coins are anonymous.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 09:52:15 PM

Gold is actually quite common,  however it is just rarer on earth. If we had access to asteroids and everything, we would suddenly have access to a lot more gold, the question would then become whether or not it is economical to mine it vs. what we can find on Earth.

The same could be said for bitcoin: is it economical to mine vs what we can find lying around in faucets?  There are some blockchains being hashed out that provide not only a means to transfer wealth but also provide a utilitarian function that allow them to engage in services that would otherwise require additional resources to accomplish.  For example, there are blockchains that allow contracts to be initiated without the expense of a lawyer, escrow service, or notary....etc.  Watch those because they also have an inherent value (that's only now being realized) aside from merely being a store of wealth or means of exchange.
How can participate notary or lawyer to protect the rights of the user, if bitcoin wallets and which store the coins are anonymous.

The ledger publishes ownership.  So, if one were to possess the private key of a certain address, then they wouldn't need to hire a lawyer to prove that the contents of that address belonged to them.  <---that's just a limited function of the bitcoin blockchain.  There are other blockchains that allow more content to be stored, accessed, and daisy chained....all pseudo-anonymously. In fact, contracts can be implemented and deployed by inanimate objects without the oversite of a human being, let alone a lawyer or notary, such as refrigerators that order food and pay their own electricity bills....etc.

EDIT: Look at some of the capabilities of the blockchain advertised in your signature.
Samadur

Activity: 287

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:19:08 PM

The same could be said for bitcoin: is it economical to mine vs what we can find lying around in faucets?  There are some blockchains being hashed out that provide not only a means to transfer wealth but also provide a utilitarian function that allow them to engage in services that would otherwise require additional resources to accomplish.  For example, there are blockchains that allow contracts to be initiated without the expense of a lawyer, escrow service, or notary....etc.  Watch those because they also have an inherent value (that's only now being realized) aside from merely being a store of wealth or means of exchange.

The ledger publishes ownership.  So, if one were to possess the private key of a certain address, then they wouldn't need to hire a lawyer to prove that the contents of that address belonged to them.  <---that's just a limited function of the bitcoin blockchain.  There are other blockchains that allow more content to be stored, accessed, and daisy chained....all pseudo-anonymously. In fact, contracts can be implemented and deployed by inanimate objects without the oversite of a human being, let alone a lawyer or notary, such as refrigerators that order food and pay their own electricity bills....etc.

EDIT: Look at some of the capabilities of the blockchain advertised in your signature.

But how many will be able to take advantage of this? It seems to me that only highly knowledgeable people will be able to do so. I did the first time I hear about these opportunities.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 11:41:55 PM

The ledger publishes ownership.  So, if one were to possess the private key of a certain address, then they wouldn't need to hire a lawyer to prove that the contents of that address belonged to them.  <---that's just a limited function of the bitcoin blockchain.  There are other blockchains that allow more content to be stored, accessed, and daisy chained....all pseudo-anonymously. In fact, contracts can be implemented and deployed by inanimate objects without the oversite of a human being, let alone a lawyer or notary, such as refrigerators that order food and pay their own electricity bills....etc.

But how many will be able to take advantage of this? It seems to me that only highly knowledgeable people will be able to do so. I did the first time I hear about these opportunities.

There are interfaces being developed at a quick pace on some of these other chains....contracts being coded and already running on their networks.  Right now it's a coders environment but the code being developed is being deployed on the networks at an exponential rate.  Many of these contracts don't require extraordinary knowledge in order for the common user to interact with them.  Here's a fun list of some of the D'App's being deployed on one of the chains:  http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:08:25 AM

The fear is not to loss bitcoin or other cryptocurrency because those are not scam scheme and owner of this cryptocurrency can't take away our money and even not our government could take out money but the fear is since it is decentralized so it doesn't have any central agency to control it so government are against this system and could ban the use of this anytime.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:03:58 AM

i think there is noting danger in crypto currencies, but are providing more facilities to the people the trend of using crypto currencies is really increasing day by day, and people are entering in the world of bitcoin, hope that this trend will continue for a long time.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 07:42:29 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 09:39:29 PM by deisik

What if CIA behind this project?
It doesn't matter who's "behind" it. Fact is: Bitcoin is as it is. All strengths and weaknesses are known, "whoever is behind it" doesn't have more information than you or me. Blockchain is public knowledge.

I don't think the CIA created it. It's just someone (or a group) who created something that became successful.

What if bitcoin price rises to 1.000.000$ and gold and USD become literally worthless? That's when bitcoin will be the world currency, and people gonna realise that gold is just a stone, USD is just a toilet paper.
There are way too many far-fetched assumptions in here to be worth discussing.

Far-fetched assumption, I think it just fantasies to say gold just a stone and dollar just a toilet paper in the future of cryptocurrencies world.
something judged on their usefulness, gold is the best precious metal that has been used for a long time in daily life such as in the electrical and electronics, even as a teeth and additives in food. The same applies for USD, it's a states currency and will always be.

In fact, in daily life gold is far from being perfect. It is not the best conductor to be used in electronics (silver and superconductors are), gold teeth are outright ugly and highly favored by criminals of all sorts as well as gypsies (ceramics are the best in this field). I don't know anything about adding gold to food, but all I can say is that it sounds pretty scary...

Gold is best when it comes to its appearance, touch and feel, and that's where it derives most of its value from

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: