Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The danger of the cyptocurrencies  (Read 45128 times)
lOvE mE forEvEr

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:05:12 PM

The most dangerous thing from cryptocurrency is can replace fiat money. We all know that fiat money is not interesting because it is not profitable. The price of the bitcoin always goes up, so as to make people choose bitcoin than fiat money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 03:14:00 PM

Competition in all spaces is good. Competing currencies are also good. I doubt that BTC will win the day and be the "end game", but it is nice to see it demanding a small niche of the fiat money space.

Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:35:19 PM

The word computer will fade overtime. In the future, everything is computerized and the internet would be everywhere and free like oxygen. The internet of things is what they call them.

$ would become like Bitcoins. It will only exist digitaly when paper money is gone.
The future? Most thing have computers already and wherever you there is free internet, like on coffee shops, hotels, restaurants gas stations, parks and the majority of money is electronic and not on the form of cash, you are talking about the present.
What you have mentioned is correct, but such services were used by small user group who're already elites. Thinking of the public it need as well takes lot time to reach them the use of electronic cash. As they were stricken to paper money usage because of the convenience and physical appearance.
The success of the computer or internet does not mean the success for Bitcoin. Using Bitcoin is a choice of the person or the individual itself. I am not seeing it to be the main source of currency for all the countries in the world. Why? Because everybody can control it. They can control it so bad that they can even hoard Bitcoin for them to manipulate price. With this kind of power there will be evil arising with it.
But I will say that success of computer and internet is the success of bitcoin and along with that the promotion of bitcoin is too because when someone have computer and internet and he know about the use and benefits of bitcoin then he readily start to use bitcoin and then do not leave it and tell to others too about the use of it.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 08:25:19 PM

The most dangerous thing from cryptocurrency is can replace fiat money. We all know that fiat money is not interesting because it is not profitable. The price of the bitcoin always goes up, so as to make people choose bitcoin than fiat money.

Where have you been?

The price already goes down, and personally, I hope it will continue going down at least for some time. But that's not my point. Money shouldn't be profitable. In fact, if it is a losing game (to a certain degree, of course), then money works better as currency. Bitcoin is essentially parasitizing on major currencies such as the US dollar or the Chinese Yuan. If it were actually used as a genuine currency (i.e. a means of exchange and payment), Bitcoin would quickly hit the wall (due to its deflationary nature)

grenade launcher

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:21:33 PM

If everything is calm and stable, there is nothing at all to worry about, and think bad about bitcoin. As the saying goes, we are more longer afford impose bad thoughts, and even then jam danger everywhere. Today, bitcoin stable and the price for it gradually rises.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:31:22 PM

If everything is calm and stable, there is nothing at all to worry about, and think bad about bitcoin. As the saying goes, we are more longer afford impose bad thoughts, and even then jam danger everywhere. Today, bitcoin stable and the price for it gradually rises.
I think, bitcoin will be consistent in this entire month. However earlier, there is a quick votality again which shouldn't be alrming because it is normal in crypto currency. The strategy in trading in btc is trade it in a long term trade. If you do a short trading in btc, you have a less chance of profit. Just trust bitcoin that it won't dump deeply and wait for the right moment to trade it.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:34:51 PM

Competition in all spaces is good. Competing currencies are also good. I doubt that BTC will win the day and be the "end game", but it is nice to see it demanding a small niche of the fiat money space.
I think seeing bitcoin increasingly popular and more people are getting familiar with bitcoin, I believe bitcoin could speak more and compete, to issue the results. I believe bitcoin could be one of the popular currency
bitbunnni

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:38:53 PM

I think seeing bitcoin increasingly popular and more people are getting familiar with bitcoin, I believe bitcoin could speak more and compete, to issue the results. I believe bitcoin could be one of the popular currency
Bitcoin itself is not popular. Its something that needs to be raised to such heights. This primarily Blockchain. But the bitcoin strong competitor to other currencies and money barrier between people and the state.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:43:33 PM

I don't really get what you are saying though trusting cryptocurrency is really a must. The price may be? Or the user? The danger I see in bitcoin is the assurance of its price and the transactions that it makes everyday. Many people will be using bitcoin in the future so many business men will be using it as a investment and if that price will not be stable, it may ruin there investment, in terms of transactions, it may be fast yes, but they can be really anonymous.
Ronxawala

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:52:13 PM

Dangers can be expected from anyone. Or from disadvantaged users who use bitcoin for illegal trades or from the state, which is searching for means of its citizens, and bitcoin does not allow to charge taxes.
DrPepperJC

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:09:13 PM

I don't really get what you are saying though trusting cryptocurrency is really a must. The price may be? Or the user? The danger I see in bitcoin is the assurance of its price and the transactions that it makes everyday. Many people will be using bitcoin in the future so many business men will be using it as a investment and if that price will not be stable, it may ruin there investment, in terms of transactions, it may be fast yes, but they can be really anonymous.
I have always said and now of the opinion that the Bitcoin is the currency of a certain number of users and large businesses. bitcoin is not convenient or inaccessible to ordinary people. Therefore, bitcoin has its place in the financial sector.
Mitcsell

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:29:15 PM

I think, bitcoin will be consistent in this entire month. However earlier, there is a quick votality again which shouldn't be alrming because it is normal in crypto currency. The strategy in trading in btc is trade it in a long term trade. If you do a short trading in btc, you have a less chance of profit. Just trust bitcoin that it won't dump deeply and wait for the right moment to trade it.
All the bases have good prospects for this month, too. But we must take into account all sorts of opportunities in the market or not predictable circumstances as it was with bitfinex this past year.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:25:37 AM

The word computer will fade overtime. In the future, everything is computerized and the internet would be everywhere and free like oxygen. The internet of things is what they call them.

$ would become like Bitcoins. It will only exist digitaly when paper money is gone.
The future? Most thing have computers already and wherever you there is free internet, like on coffee shops, hotels, restaurants gas stations, parks and the majority of money is electronic and not on the form of cash, you are talking about the present.
What you have mentioned is correct, but such services were used by small user group who're already elites. Thinking of the public it need as well takes lot time to reach them the use of electronic cash. As they were stricken to paper money usage because of the convenience and physical appearance.
The success of the computer or internet does not mean the success for Bitcoin. Using Bitcoin is a choice of the person or the individual itself. I am not seeing it to be the main source of currency for all the countries in the world. Why? Because everybody can control it. They can control it so bad that they can even hoard Bitcoin for them to manipulate price. With this kind of power there will be evil arising with it.
That is possible with fiat too, the only difference is that fiat has been around for so long and there is so much fiat, that no one can accumulate big enough  amount of fiat to manipulate the price, the only ones that could do that could be countries that have large reserves of a particular currency like the US dollar.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:49:01 AM

I have always said and now of the opinion that the Bitcoin is the currency of a certain number of users and large businesses. bitcoin is not convenient or inaccessible to ordinary people. Therefore, bitcoin has its place in the financial sector.
true , bitcoin aren't a convenient thing for common people out there , especially those people who live in a place where internet can not be reached for some people or even there is no internet access at all .

but you know that situation will not happened last forever, as time goes by technology will catch them up.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 03:47:09 AM

I check many factors mentioned above which can affect cryptocurrencies even can take them dangerous, but still one more important thing is missing. And that is power and connectivity.

We must have to understand logic and concept behind altcoins. Every coin is generated with computing power which costs electricity. And to keep network, nodes and server connected it needs internet.

So if in future without internet and electricity no one can access own altcoins.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:57:30 AM

true , bitcoin aren't a convenient thing for common people out there , especially those people who live in a place where internet can not be reached for some people or even there is no internet access at all .

but you know that situation will not happened last forever, as time goes by technology will catch them up.
Let us not hope already that majority of the population in this world will adopt with bitcoin, only few people are willing to take the risk of this new technology. As the world moves to the new technology, there will be people that will be left behind due to lack of capacity and education to adopt.
That is the reality but it's not the danger of crypto currency as we can still be progressive even without the adoption of the majority.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Xenophoto

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:41:50 PM

I check many factors mentioned above which can affect cryptocurrencies even can take them dangerous, but still one more important thing is missing. And that is power and connectivity.

We must have to understand logic and concept behind altcoins. Every coin is generated with computing power which costs electricity. And to keep network, nodes and server connected it needs internet.

So if in future without internet and electricity no one can access own altcoins.

A lot of things rely on the Internet and a big part of the economy relies on it as well. The government (or basically any modern individual) wouldn't let anyone destroy the Internet. Just for example, to send money to someone, it relies on the internet. Communication overseas between two nations rely on the internet as well. Basically if the internet goes down, we will go back to that part of history where we use an eagle to deliver our messages.

I wouldn't sweat the whole Internet connection goes down thing since you are not the only person that's going to be affected just because your money is on the internet (in the form of cryptocurrency). Other people depend their money on the Internet as well, some even make money only on the Internet.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

There is a lot of danger or disadvantages of cryptocurrencies and one of them is they are on the internet. We know or majority of the people on the internet already know that "there is no safe place or thing" on the internet and we already witnessed a lot of evidences for it. Bitcoin and other alternate cryptocurrencies are prone to hackers and if you don't know how to manage your risk of getting hack then you are very vulnerable for your security. Aside from being virtual or in the internet, Being very volatile is also a kind of danger because if you are a newbie and you don't now any kind of basics for this kind of market then you can experience a lot of losses and bad progress.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:07:55 PM

Let us not hope already that majority of the population in this world will adopt with bitcoin, only few people are willing to take the risk of this new technology. As the world moves to the new technology, there will be people that will be left behind due to lack of capacity and education to adopt.
That is the reality but it's not the danger of crypto currency as we can still be progressive even without the adoption of the majority.
currently bitcoin is not too much popular in all over the world. and therefore people are not taking the risk. but now bitcoin is gradually becoming popular and people are now putting truest on bitcoin. we are hopeful that very soon all the people of the world will start using bitcoin. and hope that very soon we will be able to use bitcoin in our local shops for buying and sellling stuffs.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

There is a lot of danger or disadvantages of cryptocurrencies and one of them is they are on the internet.

Tons of things are on the Internet and cryptocurrency is just one of them. I actually see it as an advantage because it's much easier to advertise and promote bitcoins on the Internet than IRL.

We know or majority of the people on the internet already know that "there is no safe place or thing" on the internet and we already witnessed a lot of evidences for it.

Let's remind ourselves of the very basic quote about bitcoins "You are your own bank." A bank has to be secure so people won't steal from it. Your wallet is just as secure as how you made it. It would be your fault alone if you got hacked.

Being very volatile is also a kind of danger because if you are a newbie and you don't now any kind of basics for this kind of market then you can experience a lot of losses and bad progress.

As a newbie, you don't have that much bitcoins so even if the price of bitcoin goes from high to really low, you wouldn't lose that much. Besides, you still have to learn all sorts of things before you put a good amount of money as an investment in bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: