Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: First BFL ASIC!  (Read 58260 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:15:26 PM

I know this is a little off topic but can anyone tell me what is on grnbg's head in that photo he has in all his posts on the BFL site?

Du-Rag!

I know that, but is it just me or does it look like R2 D2? 

R2D2  Wink
are you correcting my spelling or telling me I am not insane and this BFL cheering canuck has a beanie on his head to make him look like R2D2?

You're not insane, I think it's R2D2
I cannot wait for the court tv testimony if this turns out to be fraud.
"but even after waiting a year of being told your order would ship next month, you still kept waiting and you actually bought more with "coupons" you were given"
"Yes, because it was not just them telling me this was a real money printing machine but also grnbrg"
"Grnbrg?  You mean the grown man from Canada with the R2D2 head?"

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:24:44 AM

So my order number - 7098... when you think I will take pictures of my ASIC in action?

Hodling since 2011.®
ionux

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:00:39 PM

So my order number - 7098... when you think I will take pictures of my ASIC in action?

February 29th.  Roll Eyes

CoinPrice.US - Current market prices in a clean, ad-free interface.  API available for adding Bitcoin prices to your site!  |  Escrow service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502569.0  |  Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494163  |  Public key: http://coinprice.us/public_key.txt  |  URL shortener project: http://10b.us  Cheesy
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:10:43 PM

2015?

DontMineMe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:49:24 PM

2015?

And by then you will mine as much BTC with SC single as you can with your netbook cpu now! Sweet dreams Grin
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:50:01 PM

bitbet.us had almost the same bet and it was not a "push".
http://bitbet.us/bet/265/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-april-1st/
Turns out bitbet.us may actually be in the wrong here! My Little Single is getting 29.4 Gh/s with a firmware update.
In their defense, the bet could be argued to require +/- 10% as delivered (eg, disqualifying firmware updates), but if this performance issue had merely been my software, they'd have defrauded people...

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:18:58 AM

Turns out bitbet.us may actually be in the wrong here! My Little Single is getting 29.4 Gh/s with a firmware update.
In their defense, the bet could be argued to require +/- 10% as delivered (eg, disqualifying firmware updates), but if this performance issue had merely been my software, they'd have defrauded people...

I think you are over complicating it..... The bet has got nothing to do with performance as BFL themselves say on their website that their asic devices are in the final production stage and that delivery is scheduled to start in the second half of April.....

So there has been no delivery of asic devices by BFL yet.... Not to you and not to anyone else....

So the answer to that particular bet is NO
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:55:21 AM

you sure say some stupid things.  You may have a unit, but the bet was for BFL to ship out units to customers.  Which they failed to do..

Avalanche is a must own
GoodStuff

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:05:10 AM

you sure say some stupid things.  You may have a unit, but the bet was for BFL to ship out units to customers.  Which they failed to do..
This. The bet says "will deliver ASIC Bitcoin mining devices to their customers", NOT "a customer" thus implying plurality. Having one unit shipped to one customer does not logically satisfy the conditions of the bet.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 02:02:26 AM

This. The bet says "will deliver ASIC Bitcoin mining devices to their customers", NOT "a customer" thus implying plurality. Having one unit shipped to one customer does not logically satisfy the conditions of the bet.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with this post.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:17:39 AM

You're right. While it's just one character, it does make an important difference.
Delivery to one customer certainly isn't "customers" no matter how accurate the rest.
I take back what I said.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:05:32 AM

Delivery to one customer certainly isn't "customers" no matter how accurate the rest.
I take back what I said.

What delivery service did BFL use to deliver your Little Single to your house?

Buy & Hold
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:41:59 AM

I take back what I said.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:35:08 AM

You're right. While it's just one character, it does make an important difference.
I take back what I said.

Now only if you could see your way to talking back what you have done and said about the other bet we'd all feel a bit better wouldn't we? Fucking tard.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:15:19 AM

I know this is a little off topic but can anyone tell me what is on grnbg's head in that photo he has in all his posts on the BFL site?

Du-Rag!

I know that, but is it just me or does it look like R2 D2?  

R2D2  Wink
are you correcting my spelling or telling me I am not insane and this BFL cheering canuck has a beanie on his head to make him look like R2D2?

You're not insane, I think it's R2D2
I cannot wait for the court tv testimony if this turns out to be fraud.
"but even after waiting a year of being told your order would ship next month, you still kept waiting and you actually bought more with "coupons" you were given"
"Yes, because it was not just them telling me this was a real money printing machine but also grnbrg"
"Grnbrg?  You mean the grown man from Canada with the R2D2 head?"

Be glad it's just the R2D2 hat you're seeing. You COULD be seeing the man in his underoos. I did. Ain't pretty. No Sir.
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:28:18 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html

"I want to clarify the above post, as there is some potential confusion. We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that."

Really, what's the matter? BFL says they are not shipping.

Yes, this has been quoted many times now but I felt like quoting it again.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:19:18 PM

I take back what I said.

They did not ship/deliver, Luke_Jr already admitted that on 3rd April (below)

Like I said, I'll probably have them ship it to me when the rest of my order is ready to go as well. I certainly prefer they NOT ship it until at least the next difficulty adjustment Wink

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:08:04 PM

So we're supposed to believe that the 45 TH/s or so that's been dropped on the network are from the handful of Avalon units and a shit ton more of GPUs? lolololfuckinlol

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:14:30 PM

So we're supposed to believe that the 45 TH/s or so that's been dropped on the network are from the handful of Avalon units and a shit ton more of GPUs? lolololfuckinlol
Search for ASICMINER.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:53:00 PM

Luke-Jr told me on IRC last night that since BFL offered to ship him his unit, but kindly agreed to keep it in their warehouse and send him pictures instead, that the unit still qualifies as being "shipped" to him. He wished people would stop "slandering" him by saying the unit hadn't shipped. Roll Eyes

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: