Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:36:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes in trading that lead to loss of money  (Read 16902 times)
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:07:58 PM

The syndrome of lost profit, I have this main problem in trading I struggle with this so I divide the asset by 4 and set four orders, from the minimum allowable price to the most greedy so that at least something is sold.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:11:11 PM

Your mistake/s in trading that leads to loss of money
I think it will be the best to share your story so that we can avoid your past mistakes.
I know every one of us has unforgettable experience in trading during our newbie days like when I hear that some one is hyping a coin  that will go to the moon i immediately buy with out reading any background of the coin in the end i was stacked in the coin im able to sell because price drop significantly. or sometimes i sell a coin and all of a sudden the price goes up after i sell so buy back again for a much higher price. im also a chase trader chasing the price of a certain coin
collins3

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:12:30 PM

I shocked and i keep believe  that the price is growing up again soon. This is my fault, the correct actions I should sell my balance as soon as possible while saw the price down. It is called cutloss in trading. Yeah actually when you usually see a sudden price decrease like 50% then it will better to sell at least 25% coins you are holding with yourself
beverly788113

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:12:53 PM

If an altcoin is being dumped, it usually ends up at 1 satoshi with no chance of revival. Some don't even survive their ICO and get dumped right at the start. You can see many of such failed shitcoins at altcoin exchanges until they eventually get abandoned, delisted, and soon completely forgotten. At first, i bought altcoins which were in high price expecting price to rise more, but sold in panic when the price started to fall
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:13:05 PM

Anyway, we are not perfect. I suggest to usually after year end to review your trades and look at what went right and failed. In trade in the beginning one of my mistake was to keep an eye on exchange rates and whenever a coin started to pump by bots I started to invest in that coins. I at that time was not have knowledge that in that time I have to do short term trade
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:44:24 PM

I shocked and i keep believe  that the price is growing up again soon. This is my fault, the correct actions I should sell my balance as soon as possible while saw the price down. It is called cutloss in trading. Yeah actually when you usually see a sudden price decrease like 50% then it will better to sell at least 25% coins you are holding with yourself

Sometimes, we are fortunate to experience some loss to really learn from our mistakes. Based on what I  am reading on this thread, many are really doing strategies to be able to really avoid making mistakes in trading. But we can never really get into taking risks with having the assurance of winning. Most of the time, trading is a surprise. But most of what I've read are right, it is really important to make strategies.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
heringasem

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:31:36 PM

If an altcoin is being dumped, it usually ends up at 1 satoshi with no chance of revival. Some don't even survive their ICO and get dumped right at the start. You can see many of such failed shitcoins at altcoin exchanges until they eventually get abandoned, delisted, and soon completely forgotten.
I saw a lot of coins like this one during the last few months, i have been trading for a while.. That happened to EMC20, it was a very good coin who did more than x4 in just a week and a half.

And now it is below 70% of that...

Axelion

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:36:44 PM

Greed, panic buying and selling is lack of research or knowledge are main factors are the main cause of losing money.
First read and when you find something good do more research on that. It will help you to choose right.
When it comes to buying and selling don't rush. It's harder than you think Smiley
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:58:36 PM

If you risk too much you are already making a trading mistake, and mistakes tend to compound. If this big losing trade starts moving against you, you may feel regret which can lead to canceling your stop loss order in the hopes the price will turn around and you can avoid the loss. Worse yet, you may add to the position, hoping that if it turns around you can make an even larger profit. Avoid such situations in the first place. Stick to your risk management strategy, and avoid going "all in," no matter what the reason.
jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:06:23 AM

At first, i bought altcoins which were in high price expecting price to rise more, but sold in panic when the price started to fall.Thus lost lots of my investment. Always buy when price is getting reduced and sell when price is increasing.Dont be much greed and set goals of getting 5 %, 10 % or 15% profit. Better invest in altcoins which is in the market for atleast 2 years. If you have to invest in a newly released coin, read its ANN thread thoroughly and do clear research about it.
e19293001

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:11:21 AM

At first, i bought altcoins which were in high price expecting price to rise more, but sold in panic when the price started to fall.Thus lost lots of my investment. Always buy when price is getting reduced and sell when price is increasing.Dont be much greed and set goals of getting 5 %, 10 % or 15% profit. Better invest in altcoins which is in the market for atleast 2 years. If you have to invest in a newly released coin, read its ANN thread thoroughly and do clear research about it.

I agree. OP might also want to see some useful indicators like
Relative Strength Index (RSI). Then buy when the RSI gets very
low, that's how I do and take profits eventually.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:17:17 AM

I think it will be the best to share your story so that we can avoid your past mistakes.
There are a lot of people involved in this market with the mentality of playing a game since they do not spend time on it, if you are not serious then do not expect a good result, failure is The sooner or later you will have to take. This is a mistake in the biggest trade coin that almost every trader made! They do not see trade coin as a trade that leads to a lack of investment in it. This is a cause of losing money
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:19:44 AM

There is no reasonable way to divide Trade Coin orders
One of the lessons of trade coin that you need to keep in mind is to divide your investment orders accordingly. If you invest all you have in one transaction, failure is obvious, learn how to manage capital. and investment before entering this market
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:20:18 AM

Trade Coin by emotion
If you like to buy, see losses are sold, you have absolutely no knowledge and technical analysis in the trading order should be a loss of course. Coin investments and transactions are not as simple as you think, be realistic, do not go feeling!
sallee2

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:32:26 AM

1. Don’t FOMO (Fear of missing out)

If you missed a trade and the train already left the station, let it go. There will always be another trade. If you jump on a Trade after my entry point, you’re putting yourself at risk.

2. Don’t Panic Sell!
We have seen it many times guys. The market cycle goes up and down! It’s awesome when it’s up like today! But days like today aren’t possible without down days! During down days, everything is ON SALE!!! That’s when we take advantage and strike! This is why I always say to keep at least 40% of portfolio in BTC
BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:43:44 AM

i've done pretty much done every mistake out there and i'm sure i'll do more. i've gotten bored with alts and sold them before they exploded. I bought in at the peaks of the biggest hypes ever. i've become emotionally attached to totally worthless coins.
the only things I haven't done yet are declare yet another bitcoin killer, 'this time it's different', new paradigm and all the other tired phrases.

One of my few mistakes in trading which i will always remember is buying many alts in peak values expecting them to pump more after seeing them pumping in last 24 hour with almost +100% gain price. Never buy any altcoin at those peak price is the biggest lesson in my altcoin trading career.

I am quoting these two commentaries because they both apply totally to my experience as well. I will add that in my first months in cryptos, a few years ago, I would fall for almost every kind of scam, before I realized how many cheaters are in this space. I had even managed to buy the infamous Pandacoin (PANDA) which was so much a scam that it lasted only a few days before the coin died as the devs dumped their premine on us bagholders.
Nevertheless, no matter how many mistakes, today I cannot really complain about the results I have achieved in time.

greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:00:18 AM

We are trading because we know how to do it, we analyze the market,we look for trends,study price movement,we buy the right coins you think will pump more,everything is ready for picking at the momemt but you wanted to gain more profit so you wait a little more, but then you slept because it's early morn and miss that opportunity to sell, so instead of gaining you lose including your capital.Suck right... you lose your chance to earn more, mistakes that can happen to anyone,believe me, correct me if i'm wrong.
rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:46:04 AM

The worst mistake you can make especially with altcoin trading is to baghold a coin for years on end, in my opinion. That is ridiculously dumb because altcoins all die out, new altcoins come out every day that have better specs then before. None of them however have an established reputation as a functioning cryptocurrency, something that in my opinion only bitcoin has.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:10:39 AM

In my personal real-life experiences, most of mistakes will cause to the loss of money and specially with trading. Avoiding those mistakes are really impossible if you don't have experience or never face with it before. Just chill out because everyone make the same mistake like you, find a way to fix or improve it is the point here.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:06:07 AM

Trading is not a win-win situation. In decision in trading, only two result will do, GAIN or LOSS. We should accept the loss in trading and we don't have to blame our self that our decision are mistakes/wrong. Loss is part of learning the trading business. Panic makes bad decision, we should control our emotion if the the price of trading decreasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: