Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:04:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes in trading that lead to loss of money  (Read 16902 times)
rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:07:13 PM

I think mistakes is not a lead to loss because if your mistake is choosing the wrong coins so don't panic, don't worry and most of all do not sell your coins. If you sell the coin early that's the big mistake but if you hodl it for long term you will not loss your money because in trading your strong opponent is your own emotion it can cause mistake.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:20:13 PM

I think that HODL - is not "trading", it is "investing". And by HODL you will win in most of your investments. If you are going to make money through trading, you have to be ready for trading during several days. And from this side the main problem is sell your asset in time. I think "don't sell in time" is main mistake in trading.
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:26:21 PM

Yeah having losses of trading is just a part of being a pro someday this failure lead you to be more greedy on learning knowledge and use it in a right time. Dont be down forget the past and comeback as a trader

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

This so simple but contain a lot of knives will be attacking for themselves.It's true and we should controlling our emotion when we see that there is panic buy and sell in market. But for personally i have this experience and this just make me loss much because in that time, there is dump for the price, and i am forgot to analyze the market. I sell it for low price but after 30 minutes
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:38:09 PM

I remember when I'm just trading inside yobit and I don't know why coins is pumping so I guess riding with the pumped will allow me earn something but suddenly after I bought the coin price start to dumped and to my surprise I also dumped my coin and became a victim of pnd group from yobit. Bots can't cancel their buy orders if someone has already put a massive selling order at a market or lower price unless these bots are run by the exchange itself which can indeed pull them back before filling them
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

Nope, i'm not sure that you really loss of shit load of money because of mess buying coins in trading or exchange website you can just simple hold that coin and wait till the price quitely increase in the future or in few months you will be good as that and you can really minimize your loss in trading if you gone really mistake you can sell your coins into much cheaper price. It is advisable you should stop making that mistake by been current on what could possibly have positive or negative impact on the price of the coin and concisely monitoring market trend
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:49:49 PM

Your mistake/s in trading that leads to loss of money
I think it will be the best to share your story so that we can avoid your past mistakes.
The worst mistake I have done is that when the time I sell my certain alts then it goes up after it has been bought. The lesson here is that don't ever panic and be patient because only one mistake could lead to your loss. However, I did not repent but rather I make it as a challenge that I will never make that mistake again.
ThorWin

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:47:42 PM

I think it will be the best to share your story so that we can avoid your past mistakes.
When entering the bitcoin market. My mistake in the bitcoin business, I often stand this mountain looking the other mountain. Each time I saw the altcoin rise I plunged into buying, but then the price dropped me a loss. I did not analyze the market altcoin. I just look at the outside (altcoin price increase) of them to invest. Everyone has a stumble, then can succeed. I thought you were like me at first.
marqonah

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:20:45 PM

I think the error of trading time is when installing coins for sale at standard prices, and this can result in you losing money you have. usually a case like this is experienced when in making a decision, it is in an unstable state, can be spelled out in a state of emotion. therefore in the trade requires patience and not in a hurry. and also the lack of price monitoring in trading. preferably before trading to monitor the price increase first. if the price is low should not be sold first, because it can lead to the loss of money.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:07:03 PM

My mistake in trading that lead me into big loss was when I tried margin trading without any knowledge how to do it. I lost about 0.15 btc, bitcoin was still cheap at that time though. It was a lesson learned and after that I never stopped and even made effort to learn more on how to trade I already got back my loss and made profit more than what I expected.
brainape

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:10:23 PM

I think mistakes is not a lead to loss because if your mistake is choosing the wrong coins so don't panic, don't worry and most of all do not sell your coins. If you sell the coin early that's the big mistake but if you hodl it for long term you will not loss your money because in trading your strong opponent is your own emotion it can cause mistake.
I think mistake can lead to loss no doubt about that, but I think that mistakes can make us perfect, we should learn from our mistakes and should repeat it. We can reduce our mistake through our experience first we need to get experience through this we can reduce the ratio of our mistakes. Some time mistake can really cause a big lost to us, therefore we should try to overcome our mistakes.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

I've lost a good sum with panic selling and panic buying, really newbie mistakes, and looking back I actually did good choices when selling...

I've also lost by not doing proper research before invest, although very small sum.
I have done the same except for panic buying but thankfully I didn't get a loss, I was still at a nice profit level. And since then I have learnt and I rather chose to wait for a good profit level even if I have a capital loss. That's sometimes helpful, sometimes not. I spend almost all of my bitcoins for alts and when I really need to make a good investment I won't have any bitcoins with me and at the same time I cannot sell of my investments because they are probably in a loss. My theory is just that not to sell anything at a loss. However I have got losses in like gambling and sending alts without destination tag or other tags or something like that.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:16:12 PM

I've lost a good sum with panic selling and panic buying, really newbie mistakes, and looking back I actually did good choices when selling...

I've also lost by not doing proper research before invest, although very small sum.
I have done the same except for panic buying but thankfully I didn't get a loss, I was still at a nice profit level. And since then I have learnt and I rather chose to wait for a good profit level even if I have a capital loss. That's sometimes helpful, sometimes not. I spend almost all of my bitcoins for alts and when I really need to make a good investment I won't have any bitcoins with me and at the same time I cannot sell of my investments because they are probably in a loss. My theory is just that not to sell anything at a loss. However I have got losses in like gambling and sending alts without destination tag or other tags or something like that.

The most common one is not selling the assets under a heavy market collapse. This is the worst decission to take during a red market. If you sell with huge loss, there is no meaning in this decission.
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:58:36 PM

The most common one is not selling the assets under a heavy market collapse. This is the worst decission to take during a red market. If you sell with huge loss, there is no meaning in this decission.
I dont know why do people cut losses when price decreased. Its much better to hold off than to sell on loss. Knowing that cryptocurrency coins would eventually recover or heal up after a sudden dip. Money cant be still considered as loss when you are still hanging on or still holding it. This is actually a test of patience which is really an important thing on trading career. If you are impatient then mistakes and regrets are there.
Koalamite

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:17:08 PM

Patient is the best here in investing...being greed is not able to invest in this kind of business..you need to be smart how to manage your money and if do you have knowledge what you are investing for.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:47:27 PM

As you move price a trader needs to keep track of what is happening in the market and to calculate the options, and then they relate to the fact, confirmed his findings with the indicators, levels and other tools, etc. As well as the main task - management of risk, hence the conclusions.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:20:23 AM

I have done one mistake while working with crypto when price of bitcoin was start at a time when china ban bitcoin then i have sell my all bitcoin and have faced a huge loss because i was some new at that time in trading but now i have patience and start buying bitcoin when price start falling.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:45:36 AM

i make mistake in quickly selling altcoin because in just less than 5 minutes, the price is going to the moon and if i am not selling my altcoin stock, i can reach 300% profit for just one night but i never regret it and i think my profit is just on the low rate. for tomorrow, i hope i can be patient for a while and not panic to selling my altcoin.
Alteast you learned your lesson and accepted it with all your heart. Anyway every trader did the same mistakes especially in newbies. What is important is the awareness that being patient is the key yo success in being a trader and from your experienced you will become wiser enough to be good in trading.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:08:59 AM

Joining some groups in telegram and blindly follow the signals they are saying. I thought I found a good group and I don't have to do an analysis because someone would do it for me and I would just follow their suggestions but it turns out they are just collaborating with other admins to dump on their members. They would schedule a time to announce a coin and when that time comes, all other members would race in buying those coins and then being dumped on. Joining pump and dump would just make you lose money. It is better to trade on your own and make your own research and analysis. Do not ask anyone about what to coin to buy because most likely they would suggest a coin they already bought so that the price would go up.

Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:35:55 AM

Joining some groups in telegram and blindly follow the signals they are saying. I thought I found a good group and I don't have to do an analysis because someone would do it for me and I would just follow their suggestions but it turns out they are just collaborating with other admins to dump on their members. They would schedule a time to announce a coin and when that time comes, all other members would race in buying those coins and then being dumped on. Joining pump and dump would just make you lose money. It is better to trade on your own and make your own research and analysis. Do not ask anyone about what to coin to buy because most likely they would suggest a coin they already bought so that the price would go up.
Yes it is also my mistake that I have been join in the group on which I hoping that it can help me to trade but, this group guided me to losses in order for them to gain. I strongly agree to make our own research and studies so that we can develop our skills in trading and we are not depend to the people that can be possibly manipulating the market by making a group.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: