Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody is trying to steal batch 1 Avalon shippments from DHL!  (Read 12506 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:07:23 AM

Avalon, you guys are doing a great thing. Why not be more customer friendly while at it?

It's a cultural thing.

Customer service is a very Western concept. In the US and strongly westernized European societies you usually even historically had a bunch of companies having a surplus of product to sell to customers. So you need something to set you apart and the customer becomes the focus.

In former communist or not-as-strongly-westernized former manufactory- or guild-based European countries historically it is the other way around. There was a lack of product, so the focus is on the seller/manufacturer and any customer can call himself blessed, that he is allowed to buy the product.
cosurgi

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:23:55 AM

So everyone MUST daily call DHL and ask about packages, great!

Now every possible thief can search forums for people who bought avalons, find their personal information on the web, and redirect the package.

All those problems thanks to Yifu not giving out tracking numbers.
Yifu, you really have to fix that!!

dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:07:58 PM

@BitSyncom
Better learn what is BUSINESS before doing it.
Not giving tracking number is bullshit.
But your reply for it is the worst one.

Calling a customer impatient & telling because of impatient & cant wait made dhl to CHANGE ADDRESS is the worst part.

If you cant give tracking number to YOUR OWN CUSTOMERS then why the hell you using courier with tracking numbers?

omg, so it means that anybody who can find on internet your real name and address can call DHL and redirect the package.

question is - will the redirection work also across the countries? For example original owner is in Bulgaria and somebody calls DHL and changes shipping address to Argentina?

If no - then people in smaller countries might feel safer...

Yifu, you have to fix that!!

I fail to see how this is my problem. this has everything to do with DHL. Also there are people on this forum who have yet to receive their units, this is correct. I am not blind, but there isn't anything I can do because I have not gotten a response back for these packages, I can only assume they are on the way. however instead of waiting it out like I suggested in newsletters because units have been shipped, aside from those with problem addresses, which once returned to us, will be corrected and sent out again ( you'll get a email for this, as many others have. )

few people however, like OP can not wait and are impatient, then something like this happens.
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:40:10 PM

could any one tell me, how to give a non-exist tracking number to our customers?

first, we send the packages to HK-DHL agent.

agent transport them to HK, a few days time.

packages picked up at HK.

after about 1 week, they will give us the tracking number if we ask for.

to most country, 1 week time is enough for a delivery.

if anything goes wrong, like custom issues happened or wrong tel number or something , our agent will call us, give us the tracking number, let us contect with our customer. i think multiple people get my email when they having custom issues or DHL can not find you.

why we use such a screwed work flow?

1, save shipment cost.
2, if we go to DHL directly, they didn't accept this device, there is PSU and FANs in it, which is contraband. only these agent can send them out by doing some bribery work. if we tell them we are not satisfied, they simply ask us to deal with DHL ourself instead.

fuck
caoxg

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 01:50:24 PM

So, would you please check SF express to Shanghai, #357 ....

Sorry to bother you ...

Cheesy

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:50:52 PM

could any one tell me, how to give a non-exist tracking number to our customers?

if anything goes wrong, like custom issues happened or wrong tel number or something , our agent will call us, give us the tracking number, let us contect with our customer. i think multiple people get my email when they having custom issues or DHL can not find you.

1, save shipment cost.
2, if we go to DHL directly, they didn't accept this device, there is PSU and FANs in it, which is contraband. only these agent can send them out by doing some bribery work. if we tell them we are not satisfied, they simply ask us to deal with DHL ourself instead.

fuck

Hey Zhang, thank you for taking the time to explain the situation - it's appreciated.

Maybe you can tell to your agent that this is important hardware, and that it is crucial to have tracking numbers the same day the packages are handled to DHL? They should be able to do that, even if it is likely to be an additional cost as it requires some manual work. But the cost of potential stolen packages because of thieves exploiting this vulnerability it's likely to be much higher, please consider that.

Just an idea to try to make everybody safer.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:58:49 PM

Hey Zhang, thank you for taking the time to explain the situation - it's appreciated.

Maybe you can tell to your agent that this is important hardware, and that it is crucial to have tracking numbers the same day the packages are handled to DHL? They should be able to do that, even if it is likely to be an additional cost as it requires some manual work. But the cost of potential stolen packages because of thieves exploiting this vulnerability it's likely to be much higher, please consider that.

Please reread what zhang wrote and read between the lines this time. The Chinese mafia doesn't care if you get your money-printing machine now or never, the Chinese mafia is also not interested in customer service ratings, the Chinese mafia just provides a convenient relayment service between Bitsyncom and DHL. Bitsyncom can take it or leave it. Trying to tell the Chinese mafia how to do their job usually ends badly.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:06:57 PM

1, save shipment cost.

fuck

I really DO NOT think that you need to constantly explain what you do and why you do it.   You are MAKING THESE PEOPLE RICH!!!!!!!!!!    They should be grateful yet somehow they whine and complain because you have not handed them the riches on a silver platter and wiped their nose.   IGNORE THEM.  10% of your customers will ALWAYS complain.   IGNORE THEM (or fire them as customers).   Your life will be better.   You have done something no one else has succeeded in doing, be proud and deal with the people that appreciate your actions. 

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:11:09 PM

Please reread what zhang wrote and read between the lines this time. The Chinese mafia doesn't care if you get your money-printing machine now or never, the Chinese mafia is also not interested in customer service ratings, the Chinese mafia just provides a convenient relayment service between Bitsyncom and DHL. Bitsyncom can take it or leave it. Trying to tell the Chinese mafia how to do their job usually ends badly.

Don't know if that kind of attitude will help to solve a problem we are having, both Avalon and its customers.

But anyhow its possible that Avalon's agent (name it as you wish) could provide that service for an incremental cost.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:37:04 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 07:22:58 PM by cedivad

I will not complain if you send me an unit without PSU and FANS but with a tracking number so that i can sleep the night.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:48:14 PM

I will not complain if you send me an unit without PSU and FANS but with a tracking number so that i can sleep the night.
Also, since that you decided that you won't reply to my tickets anymore and so you won't change the shipping address to my billing address (my home vs my datacenter - how can i trust my datacenter to handle these "money making" devices? they were worth almost nothing when i ordered them). When i will not receive the devices, will i have to complain with you or with the datacenter? At least if you change the shipping address to my home i know that the datacenter didn't stole them. Ticket #507, please.

Dude;
I agree it would be NICE, if they could do that for you but they CANNOT.   This is the way it is and you need to deal with it.   If you do not trust your datacenter enough that you are concerned they may "steal" your money making machine, you should not have sent it to them.  Those were your actions, not Avalon's.  You need to sleep in the bed that you made.   These are not really even problems, and you should just deal with the small inconvenience and be happy that you are getting this thing when the difficulty is so low.  How much is that worth to you?

Avalon's may be stolen because DHL policy is loose and they will agree on changing delivery address just by providing a name + zip code (see OP). That info is very easily social engineered, thus this is an important security breach.

Having a tracking number to monitor the package from the very beginning will solve this problem.

We're just trying to find a solution in here, no need to flame in either way.

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:53:38 PM

1, save shipment cost.

fuck

is there any reason why you couldn't generate the dhl shipping labels yourself with a HK address/account and send them with the units going out? Then agent is just delivering to DHL for pickup.

we aren't trying to make it worse, we are trying to find a way to make it easier for everyone and have everyone get their units safely and quickly.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:08:26 PM

Like this?

http://www.cn.dhl.com/en/express/shipping/ship_online.html

What is DHL Web Shipping?

DHL Web Shipping is the online shipping solution that helps you manage express shipments. You can print labels, schedule courier pickups, store addresses, track your shipments and much more.

If speed and accuracy is what you need, DHL Web Shipping will streamline your shipment process and eliminate manual paperwork. This solution is ideal for small to medium-sized companies, office managers, receptionists, business travelers or anyone on the go. DHL Web Shipping is easy to use and requires no training to use.

DHL account holders can register and start shipping online. It only takes a minute to schedule a shipment, so why wait? Start saving time and money today!

1, save shipment cost.

Oh great! Now everyone knows how honest your company is! So there is an intermediary agent paid by bribery, increasing the customer's risk to not receive the product they ordered. That also proves that you do not go directly to DHL, so you can easily claim have no liability if a package is not delivered.

fuck

You are surely very good at electronic engineering, but you and your team just sucks at customer service.
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:14:47 PM

Answer in your post:
So ask for it.

To my location this is from 2 up to 4 weeks.

So, why not contacted me? I found myself in your problem list suddenly, when caught BitSyncom in random topic (after I posted ton of same questions in other threads) with straight question: "Where is my unit?" EMS have the same problem? Or you shipped via DHL regardless of what customer asked? (I have at least one proof of this, shipped to Belarus)

Cos I have to pull out every word with pincers from you or BitSyncom. Why not just answer? I and many others are on deck to quote your answers to anyone, who asked the same info, that was answered elsewhere in forum. I do not need full explain, you can reply for ex.: "Ok, just checked, your unit is shipped, wait for week and if it will not come to you, PM me, I will request tracking # from agent... etc etc etc" or "We have problem with shipping your unit, we will ship it in n days." IS IT SO HARD? If I will have such answers, I will close this forum and will go into my favorite minecraft server and build another difficult device, to waste some time.

So, EMS doesn't accept this devices too? If so, I'm will accept unit without PSU and FANs with pleasure and will not demand any money back Smiley

fuck
Can say the same. I'm tired to hunt you or BitSyncom from topic to topic.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:06:19 PM

maybe they can write on parcel DO NOT SHIP TO AN ADDRESS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE MENTIONED

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:40:38 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 05:52:32 PM by senseless

It's weird that you say DHL won't accept devices with a PSU when I'm using DHL to ship 1U rackmount servers all over asia. I've sent/received 1U rackmounts from sg/hk/ph/jp. Those have fans and PSUs. No problems in any of those cases. They ask me what it is, I say a computer, they print my label and off it goes (shipping as an individual sometimes and a company others, no problem in either case).

What reasoning did they give you for not accepting a device with a fan or psu? "Contraband" Seems a bit absurd. Is there some sort of local law/ordinance preventing this?

It would be nice if you could offer pick ups when our unit is ready. I can send an employee over to pick up my unit in 2 hours; and they can just bring it home with them on the plane. Then you guys can keep the shipping fees to yourselves....

Fullsurface

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:30:37 PM

1, save shipment cost.

fuck
If you wood answer the support tickets you wouldn't have to keep explaining your self on the forum  Fuck .    and we can all recall the news update .

(If you have not gotten your order, especially people in Germany or Iceland that uses special characters in their addresses. I highly suggest you open a ticket with our support indicating your order number, full address with phone numbers, so if there is a problem we can pull up new information quickly and let shipping proceed. This also applies to batch two customers, please make sure your phone number is correct, and there is no typo in the address.)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:39:58 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 06:53:42 PM by Amitabh S

Kind of disappointed in the way Avalon conducts itself. Is it just a rogue employee or does Bitcoin really bring out the worst in people? BFL is polite but does not deliver a "money making machine", while Avalon delivers but they are very rude. What to do? Bitcoin deserves better.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
caoxg

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 06:48:46 PM

1, save shipment cost.

fuck

i doubt some terrible thing happen: my units shipping to Shanghai may be in somewhere Hongkong or China Custom.....

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:50:48 PM

People, no need to be rude. Let's just sum up the facts:

- thieves are trying to steal Avalon's from DHL, only a name + zip code is needed to change shipment address
- some say that customers are to blame for revealing too much info. Well, a lot of trusted members in this forum are known by the real names, including developers, and without a tracking number thieves could randonmly check on people to see if they have an Avalon on the way. This can become a recurrent problem because of the current value of the hardware. I'm sure everybody agrees that this is not nice and should be avoided

I will also give you another example:

CoinHoarder ordered 7 Avalons in this thread

He has done private transactions with members of this forums (me, for example), he handed over personal ID, etc. Which is pretty normal when you enter into finantial transactions with somebody.... But do you understand where I'm getting at? Dozens of users of this forums are in the same situation. Tthere is an open security breach, which can be avoided providing a tracking number at shipment or making sure that the packages are only delivered to the original address.

Other solutions may apply, let's just try to find a reasonable solution.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: