Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Q2C] QubitCoin secure hashing (NEW) Update 0.11.2.2  (Read 47575 times)
igotek

Activity: 2044
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

Mining isnt stable. I have tried to send 10 GH/s but it was really so less coin rewards. The mininig not stable.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:28:07 AM

Mining isnt stable. I have tried to send 10 GH/s but it was really so less coin rewards. The mininig not stable.

block reward is 1 coin, don't you know about?

heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:37:24 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 02:03:27 AM by heratys111

Since this is being delisted from Cryptohub, I tried again to get this coin to compile to salvage the few qubit that I had there. This time the software didn't present any problems (although I don't know what is different now about my computer's configuration because the steps used were identical; also the debug.log didn't have much information).  Thanks for the input from people in the last couple pages though.

Now it's just the long wait for that sizable blockchain to download...

I have to say, however, that this coin doesn't have many selling points besides the fast transaction times.  For instance, it provides no "cash flow" as POS coins do.  Moreover, there are more than 248 million Qubit (although many have probably been lost over time, there are more than 10 million of them available for sale on Cryptopia and it takes real loot to try to push the price up meaningfully).  I suspect that Qubit will probably need some sort of coin-swap eventually to a new configuration -- perhaps the Xevan algo, a lesser total quantity [it was particularly weird that this coin has carried on zombie-like generating ever more coins beyond it's alleged coin-ceiling], and a hybrid POW/POS?? Grin

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
startsts

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:18:21 AM

Since this is being delisted from Cryptohub, I tried again to get this coin to compile to salvage the few qubit that I had there. This time the software didn't present any problems (although I don't know what is different now about my computer's configuration because the steps used were identical; also the debug.log didn't have much information).  Thanks for the input from people in the last couple pages though.

Now it's just the long wait for that sizable blockchain to download...

I have to say, however, that this coin doesn't have many selling points besides the fast transaction times.  For instance, it provides no "cash flow" as POS coins do.  Moreover, there are more than 248 million Qubit (although many have probably been lost over time, there are more than 10 million of them available for sale on Cryptopia and it takes real loot to try to push the price up meaningfully).  I suspect that Qubit will probably need some sort of coin-swap eventually to a new configuration -- perhaps the Xevan algo, a lesser total quantity [it was particularly weird that this coin has carried on zombie-like generating ever more coins beyond it's alleged coin-ceiling], and a hybrid POW/POS?? Grin

I have fear of xevan algo,  both coins AMS and XLR were having chain split last month.   You should choose something more stable. Something with PoS and GPU algo.  I can help you with creating a swap service.  In new coin you just need make premine 1% (I think best option) of current supply (1% of 248 million = 2,5 million aprox)  and in swap service we pay to users 0,01 qubit (new qubit) for every 1 of old qubit.  What do you think about this idea?

heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:39:03 AM

... perhaps the Xevan algo, a lesser total quantity [it was particularly weird that this coin has carried on zombie-like generating ever more coins beyond it's alleged coin-ceiling], and a hybrid POW/POS?? Grin

I have fear of xevan algo,  both coins AMS and XLR were having chain split last month.   You should choose something more stable. Something with PoS and GPU algo.  I can help you with creating a swap service.  In new coin you just need make premine 1% (I think best option) of current supply (1% of 248 million = 2,5 million aprox)  and in swap service we pay to users 0,01 qubit (new qubit) for every 1 of old qubit.  What do you think about this idea?

Maybe Xevan isn't a panacea (I had AMS and possibly some XLR vaporise on those recent chain splits).  Still, if it remained this algo with relatively few miners it just takes someone with one of those Baikal 2 GH/s Qubit rigs to own/dominate the chain.

I like fewer coins myself, so wouldn't mind the 100:1 swap (it would also establish how many qubits are actually available).  Also Qubit would probably lose its Cryptopia listing with any swap (like Solaris did); yet, Qubit's not exactly a high volume coin relative to the others traded there.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
zex24 (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:34:42 AM

What would be the purpose of going for 100:1 coin swap? It would still have the same value at the end and probably a lots of problems in between.
Your suggestions are just cosmetics and will not change the value of the coin.

Wallet on Cryptopia is back to normal operation.
startsts

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:07:10 PM

What would be the purpose of going for 100:1 coin swap? It would still have the same value at the end and probably a lots of problems in between.
Your suggestions are just cosmetics and will not change the value of the coin.

Wallet on Cryptopia is back to normal operation.

If you read my previous messages you see I already offered a lot of things:  add PoS,  make PoW difficulty retargeting every block.  Also the coin needs performance improvement since consumes 1,5 GB of RAM and writes wallet.dat to disk all the time overloading hard disk.   But swap 100:1 is necesary I think.   If bitcoin still grow the price of Q2C can fall to 1 sat with current supply and there are few exchangers support price lower than 1 sat.

zex24 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:48:09 PM

In which way did you offer PoS? We already know that it would be the best option to have PoW/PoS hybrid but so far no one is willing to commit to develop this for Q2C.
Retargeting difficulty every block will not make any improvement during really big hash rate oscillations because required work (difficulty) for next block is based on previous difficulty for x number of previous blocks. We need more stable network and everything will be fine.
Regarding performance I really don't know. My wallet is taking about 870MB of RAM.
The value of Qubitcoin didn't change much as Bitcoin value was going up. I think coin swap would give us more problems then benefit.

I will try to arrange another pool since you are taking yours down.

Klimax

Activity: 49
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:13:13 PM

It is up to you how you are going to use your sources. I just don't get how you concluded that this coin is dead?!

-it has only 1 pool with 1 miner
-trade volume at cryptopia: 0.01 for last 24h,   in average even less
-wallet at cryptopia is on maintanance,  it seems already for a month
-no updates for many months

Hello.

Right now, your pool is the ony way for me to get CCminer working with wallet. (get_work is missing from current version of wallet)

So thanks for all the resources. Wink
startsts

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:46:45 PM

It is up to you how you are going to use your sources. I just don't get how you concluded that this coin is dead?!

-wallet at cryptopia is on maintanance,  it seems already for a month

Hello.

Right now, your pool is the ony way for me to get CCminer working with wallet. (get_work is missing from current version of wallet)

i'm sorry but this coin is for ASIC mining,   you should not spend your time with GPU and ccminer

Klimax

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:11:45 PM

Hello.

i'm sorry but this coin is for ASIC mining,   you should not spend your time with GPU and ccminer

Wait, there are ASICs for Qubit??? Looks like I missed a lot of more during 3 years I was away from cryptostuff...
(Hm, time to hunt down some items on eBay for my collection of computing HW)

Anyway, I wasn't mining for long, just enough to get some Qubits and stopped. (Got around 30MH/s from Titan X Pascal...)
startsts

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:48:20 PM

Hello.

Wait, there are ASICs for Qubit??? Looks like I missed a lot of more during 3 years I was away from cryptostuff...

Anyway, I wasn't mining for long, just enough to get some Qubits and stopped. (Got around 30MH/s from Titan X Pascal...)

At least "Baikal X10 Miner" ,  but it's 10 gh/s,  on my pool CryptoHub there were 1 miner with permanent hashrate 300 mh/s,  I think it's some ASIC

Klimax

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:02:47 PM

Hello.

Apparently top end I can see on eBay is 450MH/s... Pity I don't have spare money. Would be nice addition to my collection.

At least "Baikal X10 Miner" ,  but it's 10 gh/s,  on my pool CryptoHub there were 1 miner with permanent hashrate 300 mh/s,  I think it's some ASIC
startsts

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:41:42 PM

In which way did you offer PoS? We already know that it would be the best option to have PoW/PoS hybrid but so far no one is willing to commit to develop this for Q2C.
Retargeting difficulty every block will not make any improvement during really big hash rate oscillations because required work (difficulty) for next block is based on previous difficulty for x number of previous blocks. We need more stable network and everything will be fine.
Regarding performance I really don't know. My wallet is taking about 870MB of RAM.
The value of Qubitcoin didn't change much as Bitcoin value was going up. I think coin swap would give us more problems then benefit.

I will try to arrange another pool since you are taking yours down.

Have you created a pool for Q2C?  I'm about to close the pool Q2C  and I can write at cryptohub or even email directly to miners  to make them switch to your pool.  tell when you will be ready

zex24 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:37:42 PM

I am trying with UNOMP. Tried on Ubuntu 17.10 but it needs tweaking to properly install it.
I will try on on 14.04 as apparently there are no problems during installation.
zex24 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 09:34:18 PM by zex24

I managed to make the uNOMP pool running but still needs to be set up properly.
You can find it on address http://173.212.230.3:8080
It works with SGminer. To mine on the pool you can use port 3001 (there are two other port but this one will have var diff)
User name is you wallet address were you want to receive payouts and password can be anything (not important).
So 172.213.230.3:3032 user:(your wallet address) pass:(anything)

I will try to set it up correctly once I return home on Thursday...
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:03:08 PM

Cool Keep Calm and Always Use CoinMiners! QubitCoin has been added and ready in our pool!  Cool
You can use market wallet address for mining!

CoinMiners.Net

5% Fee
Register-free Mining & Auto Payments
Server located at Europe

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:56:34 AM

Hello again, have made any announced changes to the qubitcoin network? Is there any pos or pos hybrid?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
zex24 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:04:17 AM

No hybrid for now.
startsts

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:02:46 AM

My users have forgotten ~25000 Q2C at CryptoHub,  what can I do? Maybe donate to some dev? Or just dump at market

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: