Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 669 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹  (Read 781261 times)
Number 1

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:59:00 AM

Quote from: cannabanana
We never promised we would not use our lisk for our own benefit....

That's what the community needed to hear. Thanks for clarifying your real intentions.

To sum up: 30 ex-liskers have found a way to get paid while setting up a copycat... as for the ICO funds? Unless ARK does succefully setup a foundation as promised, the team reserve the right to spend funds the way they wish without being held accountable... Bravo! That's a good plan Grin

Hmmm ok that's interesting. Would it not have been better for the ARK project if the ARK TEC funds were used to vote an ARK Community Delegate whereby the funds generated from forging could be used to further the ARK project! Forged Lisk could be reinvested into ARK Community proposals, mainnet stabilization, IoT integration.

The TEC funds should be used to further the ARK project as a whole and not to benefit individual members of the ARK crew.

To use TEC funds for individual benefit when there is a clear alternative to use them towards the betterment of the ARK project is completely unethical. Furthermore it strengthens Lisks position over ARK by focusing individual efforts on Lisk forging rather than on ARK. How can this be condoned! Canna let's see you explain this one!

so basically you are saying we should give you more.

There's nothing unethical about it.

I don't need to explain it.  That's just the way it is.  Like it or not, it's not like you invested in ARK.  You exchanged your coins for ARK tokens to be used on the ARK platform.  Nothing more.  Having these tokens don't entitle you to any decision making and or explanations.

I'm saying that ensuring the success of the ARK project should be the priority rather than using ARK TEC funds for personal gain. Saying people didn't invest in ARK and it was a donation for tokens is basically putting lipstick on a pig. People who supported the ARK TEC invested in its success. Using ARK TEC funds to forge Lisk is fine. However the returns should be used to further the ARK project and not misappropriated for profits of individual delegates.

I'm not saying that ARK TEC participants should get a distribution of Lisk forged from ARK TEC funds... again that would be using ARK funds for personal gain.. but that rather that forged Lisk should go back into a fund towards wages for ARK developers, foundation setup costs, towards the success of ARK. 

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:01:46 AM

Yeah, it is a pretty good plan, better plan than almost any other altcoin group has for funding their project....

Yeah we must admit it's a good & well thought plan. Make the most of it while it last...

you sound more and more like phoenix1969 every day Bitbanksy.

GL with the bridge burning though.  

Remember be careful not to disclose to much about GTD like you did already... you wouldn't want to be trown out the group again, would you? Wink

i've never been thrown out of the group and there's nothing we're hiding.  we're not the Illuminati.

Here's some dumb stuff you've said, btw I don't delete my PMs here.  If you notice the timestamp, it's even after the date you posted on the image fudding me, lol.

what a clown
BitBanksy

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:03:17 AM

Thats his opinion. I don't know if you are noticed but canna is not always that carefully with his wording...
But at least this was a halfway decent fact based argument from you.

Fact and transparency, that's all we need.
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:03:40 AM

@Vega

I always try to be fair, so I say thanks for your answer.
This is not 100% satisfying but better than nothing and much better than the barking of canna.

We have different opinions about what questions are appropriate and which are not. Let me explain...

I'm always looking for projects for small or slightly larger investment.
For projects like IOTA or Byteball I ask more about the technical details. Because the Devs are mostly enthusiasts, great coder ... but the financial aspect is not in the foreground, at least in the beginning.

On the other hand there are projects such as Lisk, Chrono, Waves or also Ark, where the financial sitiation plays an important role from the outset. Often, these projects have a large team (except Lisk) and mostly these projects announce a minimum goal for the ICO - or a threshold as in your project. And then for me all the questions are justified.
And quite specifically to Ark: Your BTC receipts during the TEC were not satisfying. But atm 4.9 M LSK are already good. So I'm interested in all questions about this Lisk Fund because I want to know if you are able to advance a good development over a long time. And just as I'm interested in your voting strategy - logically. Because these delegates generate large rewards which could be used again for the Ark development - for example. But are these rewards used for the Ark development or is the profit of the individual delegates? Or you use the LSK Fund for your development directly, but then the voting weight drops for these delegates.

And another difference to "this is our money we can do with what we want" as canna said... Max and Oliver have also voted with their 4 million LSK / 3,7 million LSK. However, this is not the money of investors. This is the private Lisk Fund, which was already established before the ICO. And you can (will) also do this with your private amount after the start of your mainnet and the forging rewards. But Lisk doesn't vote for anyone with their ICO-,Bounty- or Advisor-Fund... So personally I see here a small but fine difference. And that's why I ask and ask again.

cannabanana

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:09:43 AM

Yeah, it is a pretty good plan, better plan than almost any other altcoin group has for funding their project....

Yeah we must admit it's a good & well thought plan. Make the most of it while it last...

you sound more and more like phoenix1969 every day Bitbanksy.

GL with the bridge burning though.  

Remember be careful not to disclose to much about GTD like you did already... you wouldn't want to be trown out the group again, would you? Wink

i've never been thrown out of the group and there's nothing we're hiding.  we're not the Illuminati.

Here's some dumb stuff you've said, btw I don't delete my PMs here.  If you notice the timestamp, it's even after the date you posted on the image fudding me, lol.

what a clown

Why don't you post your reply too? I would be very interested to know if you have the courage to post it unedited

and?  Fudding me for trying to be nice to you at one time? 
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:12:13 AM

I'm saying that ensuring the success of the ARK project should be the priority rather than using ARK TEC funds for personal gain.

And it is a valid point and thats our goal. But this is something while true, benefits ARK members is doesn't disadvantage ARK itself.
Yes it is a benefit for us. But please keep in mind, that most of us won't be getting a salary from ARK (only a few key people), to preserve ARK funds as much as possible.
We also have several plans about not only the second round of fundrasing but other revenue sources as well. (For example loaning out our TEC backend and/or acting as escrow.)
So ARK is being taken care of, it is a priority.

As for funding ARK with forged lisk. While that idea is not without merrit it doesn't sound right to me. What kind of project funds itself from a system that they forked?

And most importantly, we as individuals in ARK has been and still are in Lisk, part of the lisk community and very much indent to be active delegates, we've been ready for it since april.
Vega

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:16:09 AM

look, bitbansky, all this outrage about ARK voting with Lisk and GDTs general existence would be must genuine if you wouldn't have been trying to gather votes in lisk (with a very weak and short term strategy) in the last month or two, while also trying to get into GDT multiple times.

Now what you failed to manage both you are angry with us because we succeeded? That's a bit hypocritical.

You are also acting like GDT is some kind of shadow organisation, when you just today linked the announcement to our existence. I also wrote a detailed history of GDT and ARK not long ago here.
Number 1

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:19:54 AM

We never promised we would not use our lisk for our own benefit....

That's what the community needed to hear. Thanks for clarifying your real intentions.

To sum up: 30 ex-liskers have found a way to get paid while setting up a copycat... as for the ICO funds? Unless ARK does succefully setup a foundation as promised, the team reserve the right to spend funds the way they wish without being held accountable... Bravo! That's a good plan Grin

Hmmm ok that's interesting. Would it not have been better for the ARK project if the ARK TEC funds were used to vote an ARK Community Delegate whereby the funds generated from forging could be used to further the ARK project! Forged Lisk could be reinvested into ARK Community proposals, mainnet stabilization, IoT integration.

The TEC funds should be used to further the ARK project as a whole and not to benefit individual members of the ARK crew.

To use TEC funds for individual benefit when there is a clear alternative to use them towards the betterment of the ARK project is completely unethical. Furthermore it strengthens Lisks position over ARK by focusing individual efforts on Lisk forging rather than on ARK. How can this be condoned! Canna let's see you explain this one!

so basically you are saying we should give you more.

There's nothing unethical about it.

I don't need to explain it.  That's just the way it is.  Like it or not, it's not like you invested in ARK.  You exchanged your coins for ARK tokens to be used on the ARK platform.  Nothing more.  Having these tokens don't entitle you to any decision making and or explanations.

I'm saying that ensuring the success of the ARK project should be the priority rather than using ARK TEC funds for personal gain. Saying people didn't invest in ARK and it was a donation for tokens is basically putting lipstick on a pig. People who supported the ARK TEC invested in its success. Using ARK TEC funds to forge Lisk is fine. However the returns should be used to further the ARK project and not misappropriated for profits of individual delegates.

I'm not saying that ARK TEC participants should get a distribution of Lisk forged from ARK TEC funds... again that would be using ARK funds for personal gain.. but that rather that forged Lisk should go back into a fund towards wages for ARK developers, foundation setup costs, towards the success of ARK. 

Why are ARK TEC funds being used for ARK crew personal gain. Why can't they be used to up vote an ARK TEC Delegate for Lisk forging?

An ARK delegate with all forged Lisk reinvested in furthering ARK! Developers, marketing, smartbridging.. you name it.

Better that than lining individual's pockets.
Down with the Raiders of the Lost ARK!

Vega

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:25:53 AM

Why are ARK TEC funds being used for ARK crew personal gain. Why can't they be used to up vote an ARK TEC Delegate for Lisk forging?

An ARK delegate with all forged Lisk reinvested in furthering ARK! Developers, marketing, smartbridging.. you name it.

Okay, let's try this from a different angle.
ARK doesn't have the funds to vote up delegates. Currently the minimum entry into 101 is 7m lisk, ARK hold 4.7m not even close to make any delegate active if that delegate doesn't already have a lot of votes.
And if an individual delegate already have millions in weight that is because they have been working on gaining in for months now, most 8-10 months. Do you think any of these individual would be willing to say, "I give up" just use my gathered weight to fund ARK. I don't think so. (Especially as the real situation is much more complex, most of those delegates would have a chance to get into 101 sooner or later without ARKs vote, it is just speeds up the process.)

So ARK delegates in Lisk are not happening. Period.
Number 1

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:31:10 AM

ARK doesn't have the funds to vote up delegates. Currently the minimum entry into 101 is 7m lisk, ARK hold 4.7m not even close to make any delegate active if that delegate doesn't already have a lot of votes.
And if an individual delegate already have millions in weight that is because they have been working on gaining in for months now, most 8-10 months. Do you think any of this individual would be willing to say, "I give up" just use my gathered weight to fund ARK. I don't think so.

Try the flip side of that. An individual doesn't have enough funds to vote themselves up. Therefore you use the ARK TEC funds to do it.

Travesty.

Instead, Why don't you mandate that any individual who wishes to use ARK TEC for personal gain does it by lending their weight to the ARK TEC delegate and gets a return on forged Lisk. However, the majority of forged Lisk raised by the 4.7m Lisk (ARK ICO) are used to support ARK project.
 No? Makes too much sense!

cannabanana

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:34:08 AM

And if an individual delegate already have millions in weight that is because they have been working on gaining in for months now, most 8-10 months. Do you think any of this individual would be willing to say, "I give up" just use my gathered weight to fund ARK. I don't think so.

Try the flip side of that. An individual doesn't have enough funds to vote themselves up. Therefore you use the ARK TEC funds to do it.

Travesty.

Instead, Why don't you mandate that any individual who wishes to use ARK TEC for personal gain does it by lended their weight to the ARK TEC delegate and gets a return. Majority used to support ARK project.

lol mandate like a king?  You do know that crypto is about decentralization and people being able to take charge of their own decisions.  Not to be dictated like, well a dictator.

It's supporting ark, just depends on how you look at it.
Number 1

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

Travesty.

Instead, Why don't you mandate that any individual who wishes to use ARK TEC for personal gain does it by lended their weight to the ARK TEC delegate and gets a return. Majority used to support ARK project.

lol mandate like a king?  You do know that crypto is about decentralization and people being able to take charge of their own decisions.  Not to be dictated like, well a dictator.

Weak.
cannabanana

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:35:43 AM

Travesty.

lol mandate like a king?  You do know that crypto is about decentralization and people being able to take charge of their own decisions.  Not to be dictated like, well a dictator.

Weak.

bet you 5 bucks you're a bitbanksy sockpuppet just from the bolded text you both like to use.  lol
Number 1

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:38:35 AM

Travesty.

Weak.

bet you 5 bucks you're a bitbanksy sockpuppet lol

Would that be 5 bucks you forged using misappropriated ARK TEC funds Canna?

Down with the Raiders of the Lost ARK.
Here's for an ARK TEC Delegate for Lisk forging!
cannabanana

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:43:30 AM

Travesty.

Weak.

Oh now I know for sure.
bitseedmike

Activity: 432

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 01:51:47 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 02:13:34 PM by bitseedmike

Per the original direction of Lisk management, it was recommended that those interested in becoming delegates for Lisk solicit votes by offering to use the forging rewards on Lisk related projects. Ark was founded to be able to run as a blockchain which can be bridged to Lisk and operate as a blockchain application with Lisk, so Lisk developers would have access to the blockchains bridged to Ark and Ark developers would have access to the Lisk blockchain applications, so it qualifies as such a project. Since there are very few salaried positions with Ark, and the current budget is under $15,000 USD per month, the use of Lisk forging positions as alternate compensation to develop a Lisk related project allows the current funding level to last much longer, and to have the cash on hand for hiring additional developers as blockchain qualified candidates to fill as needs and opportunity arise, to pay for other operating expenses, and for marketing when mainnet is released.

The current operation of Ark is completely within the guidelines originally presented by Lisk management.

Bitsyo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

I'm not particurly fond on cannabanana language (but got used to it), but I get his stance and I support what bitseedmike wrote.  Reading last few pages I get a feeling some don't know how crypto or business dynamics work or haven't worked in life. I'm all for them using lisk to vote however they feel and to get most out of it. We, investors, exchanged our lisk or btc for ark its not like you didn't / won't receive anything for it, it was an exchange remember? You don't go running to your neighbour with which you exchanged mobile phone for a shovel and telling him hey why are you using my shovel to dig that yard, you should ask me it was mine. Or you don't go to Elon Musk when you bought a company share or Tesla car thinking you are entitled to knock on his door saying hey why are you spending money on spaceX program, ... people wake up. If they decide to run specific ark delegates on lisk I'll even give them a vote and support (as it would mean additional development funds). Ark developers and ark key figures needs to get paid so why not use the system while preserving what was exchanged for as long as possible? Did a check on their lisk address and they didn't spent anything yet so why all the rage in this thread? Also someone saying they gain for personal profit. So what they need to work on ark for free or what? If they can compensate a bit with forging and a bit with paying from what they got its a win-win for investors. Those who complain are the ones that probably didn't participate, any sane person would want the company, project he invested in to grow their revenue or find solutions to optimize expenses or get best for his buck and not spend it like there is no tomorrow, anyone who ever ran any kind of business will respect that (I know as I do).
chases

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

ain't nothing like the Blues

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:04:43 PM

Hi guys, off topic right quick.... you can go here and request to add Ark at Poloniex   Grin

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Bailo

Activity: 700
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:01:01 PM

Travesty.

Weak.

Oh now I know for sure.

this is from the german board:

Gevotet vom Ark-ICO Account
thepool • traderbill • techbytes • doweig • cad789 • cannabananadelegate • idealisk • bitseed
https://explorer.lisk.4miners.net/address/9569486828221897676L

i can not translate the article.... but it says something like the named persons have been voted from the ark-ico account.

BitBanksy

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:29:15 PM

Travesty.

Weak.

Oh now I know for sure.

this is from the german board:

Gevotet vom Ark-ICO Account
thepool • traderbill • techbytes • doweig • cad789 • cannabananadelegate • idealisk • bitseed
https://explorer.lisk.4miners.net/address/9569486828221897676L

i can not translate the article.... but it says something like the named persons have been voted from the ark-ico account.

Well I guess we are not the only one seeing how unethically the misuse of ICO funds is.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 669 »
  Print  

Jump to: