Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wrapper. I2P Market. Zerocoin Source and Fourier Protocol  (Read 23296 times)
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:49:51 AM

[New blog post]

Wrapper and I2P. A good combination?

http://wrapperproject.com/wrapper-i2p-good-combination/

"Wrapper’s team aims to create an I2P market using wrapper has a base currency.
The funds gathered from this market would fund wrapper’s development, and the transactions made in this market would create real demand for wrapper to be used as a mean to transfer value.
"

So you're implying that you will be opening a "Dark Market" that will use Wrapper as currency.

hmmmm.......so how many Wrappers for 1 gram of cocaine then?

Grin
wrapperdev (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:52:42 AM

[New blog post]

Wrapper and I2P. A good combination?

http://wrapperproject.com/wrapper-i2p-good-combination/

"Wrapper’s team aims to create an I2P market using wrapper has a base currency.
The funds gathered from this market would fund wrapper’s development, and the transactions made in this market would create real demand for wrapper to be used as a mean to transfer value.
"

So you're implying that you will be opening a "Dark Market" that will use Wrapper as currency.

hmmmm.......so how many Wrappers for 1 gram of cocaine then?

Grin

The wrapper team takes no responsibility for what is sold on the market. We will simply build and provide a platform for free commerce.
This is how bitcoin started its expansion. We hope to replicate its success.
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:43:29 AM

New post in our development blog.

Something BIG

Wrapper was created with privacy in mind so it’s logical that use cases also involve private centered implementations. It’s with this in mind that today we are announcing something huge. Something that will shape the future of Wrapper like silkroad shaped the future of Bitcoin.
Today we are announcing WrapperRoad. An I2P web market that uses Wrapper as it’s main transaction transaction currency.
WrapperRoad is just like SilkRoad, only more secure because it uses Wrapper and the I2P network. This market enters the Wrapper ecosystem right at the beginning of its lifetime, proving a mean for WRA to gain value as a token used in real life exchanges instead of it being just a speculative vehicle.

Why not TOR?

Tor is, as story has shown us, very vulnerable. This makes it not ideal for the type of implementation we are thinking about.
We are studying TOR implementations and it might happen. Not in the near future though.

What now?

At the moment the market is completely empty. We will be starting the process of getting vendors on board next week but are only aiming to open the first version of the market in 2017 when the Fourier Protocol is stable and the Wrapper blockchain proves itself as reliable.
If you have some experience with I2P you can check the market here:
http://kyh5mfbv3464fnzaoa2ode3qpv6chptkq7i76axtjnmjskcdi5fq.b32.i2p/

PS: The Wrapper team does not take any kind of responsibility for the goods exchanged on WrapperRoad. We advice every user to respect the laws of his corresponding country.
Odd Thomas

Activity: 272
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:39:33 AM

Today we are announcing WrapperRoad. An I2P web market that uses Wrapper as it’s main transaction transaction currency.

You now have my full and undivided attention.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:24:08 AM

so is like silk road?

BTC Community

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:10:44 AM

maybe we need  more careful about this project . and we need more info especial public identity  of team.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BTC & Blockchain  WORLD  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                    
Www.btcshuo.com  BTC News Platform in China ☜  ✠▬▬▬▬▬▬ or ▬▬▬▬▬✠ ☞  Www.heybtc.com  Blockchain News Platform
                                                                           Potential ICO/IPO Project List 
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:17:13 PM

so is like silk road?

This is just one of many applications wrapper might have.  And yes it's like Silk Road but it's on I2P and that makes it much more safe.
kombiMan

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:36:41 PM

was waiting for news like this before semding my btc to ccex. Hope this pumps like zclassic since its also zcoin source
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:59:58 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 03:26:44 PM by wrapperdev

Hey everyone. We just created a slack team with the goal of answering investors questions and start building a community around this project. Drop us a line if you want an invite!
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:58:35 AM

Exciting news for traders!

We've know this for quite a while but decided to wait to share it at the appropriate time.
novaexchange.com will be supporting Wrapper as soon as the ICO ends!
This exchange was the first one to add zerocoin so they have some experience with zerocoin based sources.
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:06:50 PM

Update on our ICO: 28.5% sold.

We are still looking for the first sellers for WrapperRoad. Also, we are trying to build a small slack community on wrapperproject.slack.com.

If you want to sell on WrapperRoad and/or want an invite for our slack please PM us.
dpapaemc

Activity: 255
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:11:55 PM

My apologies if this inquiry had already been addressed, but what is (seller) WrapperRoad?

wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:14:40 PM

My apologies if this inquiry had already been addressed, but what is (seller) WrapperRoad?

No problem, we are here to answer your questions. WrapperRoad is an I2P market we announced yesterday.

You can read the announcement here: http://wrapperproject.com/wrapperroad-i2p-market/

Basically it's like SilkRoad but for Wrapper.
There are some very interesting details about WrapperRoad that we haven't announced yet so stay tuned.
dpapaemc

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:46:35 PM

So the marketplace will be a site with a listing of vendors that accept WrapperCoin? Will you be adding any kind of payment system like CoinPayments?

wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:48:22 PM

So the marketplace will be a site with a listing of vendors that accept WrapperCoin? Will you be adding any kind of payment system like CoinPayments?

The website will be something like ebay where sellers create accounts and list their products. The only payment system will be Wrapper.
dpapaemc

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:52:11 PM

The website will be something like ebay where sellers create accounts and list their products. The only payment system will be Wrapper.

Ohh, nice. That's a unique approach. I am an owner of an online t-shirt store, and will be keeping an eye on your progress so that I can offer up some products on your service.

alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:31:55 PM

it seem there is a POW phase, why you didnt mentioned that in thread?

http://wrapperproject.com/faq/
Code:
what is the distribution model for wrapper?
10 million WRA coins will be mined on block 2 and distributed in our Initial Coin Offer (ICO).
Throughout the next seven years, 30 million additional coins will be mined via Proof-of-Work. After block 2, the block reward decays gradually and linearly, according to the equation: [20 – (0.000005)*(block height)].
After that there will be another seven-year period where 4 million coins will be mined via Proof-of-Work at a constant rate of 2 coins per block.
After these two seven-year periods, wrapper will be mined via Proof-of-Work at a constant value of 1 coin for each block, forever.
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 12:29:47 AM

it seem there is a POW phase, why you didnt mentioned that in thread?

http://wrapperproject.com/faq/
Code:
what is the distribution model for wrapper?
10 million WRA coins will be mined on block 2 and distributed in our Initial Coin Offer (ICO).
Throughout the next seven years, 30 million additional coins will be mined via Proof-of-Work. After block 2, the block reward decays gradually and linearly, according to the equation: [20 – (0.000005)*(block height)].
After that there will be another seven-year period where 4 million coins will be mined via Proof-of-Work at a constant rate of 2 coins per block.
After these two seven-year periods, wrapper will be mined via Proof-of-Work at a constant value of 1 coin for each block, forever.

We had the entire FAQ in the thread but it was a bit big and people didn't read it all. It seemed like most people were visiting the website like you and getting to know the project before investing, understanding that the coin is POW.

Some examples:

(...)
Though it's an ICO, there's also a long-PoW mining component with linear-decay block rewards. I love that.

Please take a look at the "Tech" and "FAQ" sections  in our website.
http://wrapperproject.com

I will copy this information to the thread later today.

Just noticed that the white paper will be available in December 2016 on the page.

You still need to add more details such as the total supply, and I still don't know who's in the team.

10 million coins will be mined on block 2 and distributed in our Initial Coin Offer (ICO).
Through the next 7 years 30 million more coins will be mined. The reward of these blocks will be 20-0.000005*block height.
After that there will be another 7 year period where 4 million coins will be mined at a constant rate of 2 coins for each block.
After these two 7 year periods wrapper will be mined at a constant value of 1 coin for each block forever.

How will be these 30mln coins mined? (algo/distribution)?
How will be these 30mln coins mined? (algo/distribution)?

Algo will most likely be lyra2 (the same as zerocoin). The mining distribution will be the following: 

"Through the next 7 years 30 million more coins will be mined. The reward of these blocks will be 20-(0.000005*block height).
After that there will be another 7 year period where 4 million coins will be mined at a constant rate of 2 coins for each block.
After these two 7 year periods wrapper will be mined at a constant value of 1 coin for each block forever."

That's a linear decaying reward for the first seven years, then a constant reward forever, first of 2 and then 1 coin.

Anyways, we will add it to the OP.
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:15:34 AM

We just published a new announcement in our development blog, "WrapperRoad fees and what to do with them". http://wrapperproject.com/wrapperroad-fees-what-to-do-with-them/

In this last couple of days the biggest discussion in the wrapper team chat has been around the topic of how we are going to use the fees collected from WrapperRoad.

We have now reached an agreement and would like to share it with our investors and community.

The first thing we agreed on is that WrapperRoad will not, at least in its first months, exclusively accept Wrapper as the transaction currency. Bitcoin will also be accepted but we will recommend the use of wrapper as a mean of providing extra privacy. Paying with wrapper will also provide a discount over the base price of a product. The reason why we choose to do this is that we want to make it as easy as possible for users to switch from the current markets to WrapperRoad without a big hassle.
We have also agreed on how we are using the fees we collect from the market. They will be used in the following way:

Fees for payments made in Bitcoin:

-60% to buy WRA directly from the open market and store it in the development fund.
-40% to the development team.

Fees for payment made in Wrapper:

-50% to store in the development fund.
-50% to the development team.

The point of this fee distribution is to give back to the system while also contributing to the work of the development team.

Thank you for your time,
The Wrapper Team
Juantzy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:50:41 AM

Mr.newie ,plz step away,this market is flooded with all kinds of ICOs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: