Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wrapper. I2P Market. Zerocoin Source and Fourier Protocol  (Read 23296 times)
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:15:51 AM

this is starting to look as if the dev's just abandoned the project the second they got access to the funds.

Roll Eyes
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:49:48 AM

Out of this shit project, lost a little BTC but gained a lot of renewed wisdom: ICO.never.again
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:46:48 PM

Hmm, from my perspective nothing good ever came from C-CEX ICO.
It seems from time to time I need to confirm it to myself.
I don't know if this is scam or not but right now it looks like one.
edit
Yea, out of this.

alt213

Activity: 537
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:18:22 PM

this is starting to look as if the dev's just abandoned the project the second they got access to the funds.

Roll Eyes
it was scam since the beginning (copy/past answers), and he will appear again with new scam c-cex ico in near future.
MikeGike

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:43:52 PM

WRP is developing on schedule!  Roll Eyes 7,000 and accumulating
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:08:03 AM

WRP is developing on schedule!  Roll Eyes 7,000 and accumulating

fuck off you twat.

it's dead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BTC Community

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:10:32 PM

seems dev left . keep watching

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BTC & Blockchain  WORLD  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                    
Www.btcshuo.com  BTC News Platform in China ☜  ✠▬▬▬▬▬▬ or ▬▬▬▬▬✠ ☞  Www.heybtc.com  Blockchain News Platform
                                                                           Potential ICO/IPO Project List 
romanornr

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:28:54 PM

wrapperdev=notsofast?

I can't believe he was this involved and didn't realize it was a scam, being in this space for a long time. Long after the shit hits the fan he comes along and says "what the hell happened?" when all investors know less than him. Not very believable. At worst he is the "Dev", at best he shilled it and dumped. There are no good guys in crypto, just ones who haven't tried to fuck you yet.
Are you trying to "fuck" us too ?!
Is there any proof that wrapperdev is notsofast.
This doesn't sound believable at all.

I myself tweeted "That this ICO is a Zcoin clone. Almost 100% & devs promised to "become more".
Anyone who can read code saw that it's a Zcoin close.

The only thing that made wrapper different... were the graphics.
The only one you should blame is yourself.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 01:52:25 PM

wrapperdev=notsofast?

I can't believe he was this involved and didn't realize it was a scam, being in this space for a long time. Long after the shit hits the fan he comes along and says "what the hell happened?" when all investors know less than him. Not very believable. At worst he is the "Dev", at best he shilled it and dumped. There are no good guys in crypto, just ones who haven't tried to fuck you yet.

I myself tweeted "That this ICO is a Zcoin clone. Almost 100% & devs promised to "become more".

I take risks and lose, same as anybody else.

WrapperTeam contacted me first, asking for advice. I gave them some advice and we struck up a conversation through which I decided I'd give them some help.

They seemed legitimate to me through our conversations and if that was a long con/social engineering attack designed to fool me all along, then shame on me, but damn did they put a lot of work into it.

I could publish screenshots of twitter dms between myself and WrapperTeam but I suppose I'd just get accused of using a puppet account or photoshopping the conversation.

hungry mama, thanks for your opinion, but I don't have time to run more than one account or internet identity. I have my own trading and my own projects. Supporting/shilling projects and opportunities I like and have bought into is something I do because a) I am enthusiastic about crypto and b) I like to share that enthusiasm with others who like crypto.

It's unfortunate if anyone-- including me-- lost BTC we bought Wrapper with, but I can't apologize for that because I don't own anyone else's decisions, only my own.

twitter.com/notsofast
hungry mama

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:32:22 PM

wrapperdev=notsofast?

Fair enough
hungry mama

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:48:57 PM

wrapperdev=notsofast?

WrapperTeam contacted me first, asking for advice. I gave them some advice and we struck up a conversation through which I decided I'd give them some help.

They seemed legitimate to me through our conversations and if that was a long con/social engineering attack designed to fool me all along, then shame on me, but damn did they put a lot of work into it.

I could publish screenshots of twitter dms between myself and WrapperTeam but I suppose I'd just get accused of using a puppet account or photoshopping the conversation.

hungry mama, thanks for your opinion, but I don't have time to run more than one account or internet identity. I have my own trading and my own projects. Supporting/shilling projects and opportunities I like and have bought into is something I do because a) I am enthusiastic about crypto and b) I like to share that enthusiasm with others who like crypto.

It's unfortunate if anyone-- including me-- lost BTC we bought Wrapper with, but I can't apologize for that because I don't own anyone else's decisions, only my own.

Fair enough. Has anything changed for you in the way you make decisions or do you think you were careful enough and that you were simply unlucky?
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 07:33:41 PM

wrapperdev=notsofast?

Fair enough. Has anything changed for you in the way you make decisions or do you think you were careful enough and that you were simply unlucky?

Well, the altcoin launch game did undergo a change from 2015 to 2016. The shitty scam projects started to have to work harder to appear legitimate. The bar for that is higher. Like, it's really easy to debunk a devdump altcoin launch that has a block reward of like 6 coins and a "low" 10% premine but a coin cap of 500 billion... the scam devs are now starting to run what looks like a proper project on its surface.

In terms of Wrapper specifically, even though I'm not a mathematician/coder, I could see the value in creating open source code that would make zcoin/zcash blockchains work more efficiently, which is what they explained to me they were trying to do. That, plus the courteous and frequent conversations with Wrapperdev gave me some confidence that their project was worth seeing through. Alarm bells didn't go off for me until the broken code in the launch wallets went unfixed for so long.

Where I'm going with this: I have a big set of criteria, some weighted heavier than others, which I use to determine what to support or speculate on. The criteria are weighted differently and some deal with reducing risk, while others deal with maximizing profit. I learned really early on from other traders/altcoiners that it's worth it to talk to devs privately. You can gather information, feel out their legitimacy, and sometimes gain an opportunity to help. So to answer your question, no, I probably won't abandon my decision criteria, though I will take to heart the lesson that some devs may in fact be communicative only for the purposes of the long con, and likely be a little more suspicious.

As far as lucky/unlucky... launch altcoin speculation is a numbers game, where a big win can wipe a lot of small losses. So exposure to "bad luck" or riskier/scammier projects is minimized, while I load more into better bets and let winners run. I could have lost 10x what I did on Wrapper and still been up for the year due to being in DBIC really heavy earlier in the year. So in terms of risk management, I think I was careful enough. If Wrapper was a premeditated scam rather than a fail-and-abandon situation, then I feel dumb, but I didn't take a heavy loss, so my risk management is working.

One thing that has changed for me is having a lot of people watching what I'm doing. It's a new element that I'm still adjusting to... the idea that I could be held responsible for decisions other people make because they're following me. Most people should know it doesn't work like that but emotions are not completely absent from trading and I'm just some semi-anon asshole out there so if something goes wrong for someone who followed me, hey, why not blame notsofast. All I can do is be truthful and direct, and if I'm accused of lying or scamming, then fuck, so be it, I'm not really going to change. I'm conscious of wording things in a way that doesn't look like investment advice, like, I'll say "I bought this coin" or "this looks decent" instead of "you should buy this coin" or "buy [coin] now or cry later". Real talk: I could say whatever, and if you follow me and lose, that's 100% your fault. But I try to aspire to a standard above that, and be a good example, and if I fuck up, I fuck up publicly and cop to it. Whether or not you believe me is up to you.

twitter.com/notsofast
hungry mama

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:51:08 PM

wrapperdev=notsofast?

Well, the altcoin launch game did undergo a change from 2015 to 2016. The shitty scam projects started to have to work harder to appear legitimate. The bar for that is higher. Like, it's really easy to debunk a devdump altcoin launch that has a block reward of like 6 coins and a "low" 10% premine but a coin cap of 500 billion... the scam devs are now starting to run what looks like a proper project on its surface.

In terms of Wrapper specifically, even though I'm not a mathematician/coder, I could see the value in creating open source code that would make zcoin/zcash blockchains work more efficiently, which is what they explained to me they were trying to do. That, plus the courteous and frequent conversations with Wrapperdev gave me some confidence that their project was worth seeing through. Alarm bells didn't go off for me until the broken code in the launch wallets went unfixed for so long.

Where I'm going with this: I have a big set of criteria, some weighted heavier than others, which I use to determine what to support or speculate on. The criteria are weighted differently and some deal with reducing risk, while others deal with maximizing profit. I learned really early on from other traders/altcoiners that it's worth it to talk to devs privately. You can gather information, feel out their legitimacy, and sometimes gain an opportunity to help. So to answer your question, no, I probably won't abandon my decision criteria, though I will take to heart the lesson that some devs may in fact be communicative only for the purposes of the long con, and likely be a little more suspicious.

As far as lucky/unlucky... launch altcoin speculation is a numbers game, where a big win can wipe a lot of small losses. So exposure to "bad luck" or riskier/scammier projects is minimized, while I load more into better bets and let winners run. I could have lost 10x what I did on Wrapper and still been up for the year due to being in DBIC really heavy earlier in the year. So in terms of risk management, I think I was careful enough. If Wrapper was a premeditated scam rather than a fail-and-abandon situation, then I feel dumb, but I didn't take a heavy loss, so my risk management is working.

One thing that has changed for me is having a lot of people watching what I'm doing. It's a new element that I'm still adjusting to... the idea that I could be held responsible for decisions other people make because they're following me. Most people should know it doesn't work like that but emotions are not completely absent from trading and I'm just some semi-anon asshole out there so if something goes wrong for someone who followed me, hey, why not blame notsofast. All I can do is be truthful and direct, and if I'm accused of lying or scamming, then fuck, so be it, I'm not really going to change. I'm conscious of wording things in a way that doesn't look like investment advice, like, I'll say "I bought this coin" or "this looks decent" instead of "you should buy this coin" or "buy [coin] now or cry later". Real talk: I could say whatever, and if you follow me and lose, that's 100% your fault. But I try to aspire to a standard above that, and be a good example, and if I fuck up, I fuck up publicly and cop to it. Whether or not you believe me is up to you.

Thanks for the comprehensive response and please accept my apologies. Feel free to delete any threads where my post appears, I will do the same. Good luck for 2017.
bag holder

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:53:20 AM

Roll Eyes
it was scam since the beginning (copy/past answers), and he will appear again with new scam c-cex ico in near future.

When I asked the dev if he would produce a short video introducing himself he refused. C-cex recommends that's the minimum a dev should do to prove he's legit. I wouldn't recommend investing in any c-cex ICO whose dev won't prove who he is. C-cex itself says it has hosted so many scam ICOs that it can't vouch for any ICO dev.

If this coin's dev starts a new scam c-cex ICO he won't prove who he is.

The c-cex ICO rules recommend that coin developers provide Proof of Developer, Coinsource Trust Index rating, or a short video where coin developers introduce themselves. C-cex also states it can't vouch for coin developers because of scams and other negative events.

Will the wrapper devs be providing Proof of Developer, Trust Index rating, or a short video introducing themselves?

https://c-cex.com/?id=ico
ICO rules

9 Due to recent scams and other negative events, C-CEX can no longer vouch for coin developers. There is no way to verify a developer's identity or to prosecute an individual or team that abandons the projects or otherwise does not adhere to the stated ICO/coin terms without having a substantial legal infrastructure which we can not provide.

10 If the coin developers can not provide a POD (Proof of Developer) or Coinsource Trust Index rating, C-CEX will recommend the provision of a short video where coin developers introduce themselves and their coin and explain the basic concepts behind the coin and why they believe it can be successful.

We are working in getting an interview going where we answer questions and let people know a bit more about the developer team since this seems to be very important for investors.

Is there any update on your work to produce a short video introducing yourselves and your coin?

You will make more from your ICO if you produce that video because few investors trust anonymous devs.

We made contact with a crypto related podcast and if everything goes well we should be on soon. We won't be launching a video and it was never stated anywhere we would do it.
panda111

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:25:25 PM

Is there any link to active wallet?thanks.J.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: