Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibly Scammed by oksana28 for 3 BTC  (Read 1450 times)
CoinMega (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:05:42 AM

Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=514321

I had to pay him 5.4 BTC for 21,895.66 ICNs

Screenshot of his ICN account sent by him: http://s21.postimg.org/5bm5k0xef/image.jpg

As per our agreement, on 18th October, I paid him 3BTC in advance and then he had to transfer me his ICONOMI account and email ID, but after the first payment he disappeared.

Transaction ID of 3 BTC: https://blockchain.info/tx/2df9901f338d195461cd34c205dfbca154ce1d0ba740c3cdf23d7908fd2531d3

Our agreement and his signature:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I Oksana28 ( Aka James ) is selling my ICN account to CoinMega.
Here's the agreement from CoinMega :
"I will send you 3 BTC and you'll handover the ICONOMI ICO account with 21,000 ICNs in it. I'll then send 2.4 BTC before 30th of October. The total amount to be paid is 5.4 BTC"

My BTC address for all transaction will be: 1P86ApfWg62kwz1Zb1anYxrAN1LkRGwDdR

If the above address does not get required money then the above signed message with agreement will be assumed void.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.58
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJYBh2rAAoJEO2jZaAo3R/9emgH+gMjNC9Evl2EL6L962KDJZyR
Rojbr58exzYCsm9r6Mq9JYlifVjvypJhcAGwpdrJ4au/KtltGuFewRC5fiYn4xH4
wTONuV4/cTPDCHMHE6H1flmHPbkXuiRG0OMHOxJQuq/kw4eR+m53ZTd+kjQU0yEF
qKawOrFPIxIb4rkH2yDt4ZBL6SIvFHOAISh2TSotF/55X8/xndvzfUz8bEH/dpjA
DV2GfHzhie6DbTKiBjZOq/g7PgVXkB3WGkxO+QW8dK3zZFOK7rlyPob2rkTsRC41
Xtd9QVMtX0DIW/ixcJ7QJenNtCc8AJFUntbGhdSe5S75cL5zWC9bBlR4m33uKCw=
=wCei
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

His message after I sent him 3 BTC:

let there be atleast 1 confirmation , and now i am sending you account info and email , but can you tell me till when should i wait for next payment. and when can i access my email?

regards,
Oksana28

He has not logged in since but his Bitcoins address is active and there are two withdrawals today.

I know it's probably impossible to get the money back now. I also understand that I should have used an escrow.

I just want to know what should I do now?

Thanks you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:43:10 AM

Damn, another one of them. I think you have been scammed, mate. i understand that you would want to go first - but always use escrow man.

Screenshot could have easily been faked... And also the signed message means nothing if he isn't going to keep his word.

Sorry for your loss. 3 BTC is a lot to me and it may or may not be for you.
CoinMega (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:55:33 PM

Damn, another one of them. I think you have been scammed, mate. i understand that you would want to go first - but always use escrow man.

Screenshot could have easily been faked... And also the signed message means nothing if he isn't going to keep his word.

Sorry for your loss. 3 BTC is a lot to me and it may or may not be for you.

Thanks mate.
----

Any suggestions guys?

Do the mods give email id and/or IP address of the scammer in these cases?
Gunthar

Activity: 1484
Merit: 614

Liable for what i say, not for what you understand

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 02:09:23 PM

Ok first of all leave a scam accusation feedback in his profile so other members would avoid to deal with him unless solved.
Then yes i feel sorry for your loss and yes: his profile already had someone painting him and you didnt use an escrow...i know you know but...

Possibly ask a DT member to tag him while the scam accusation is open.
Let's see if he desists...
~Gun

▄██▀ ▄█████▄
     ▄██▀ ▄███▀ ▐███▄
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀    █████▄
 ▄██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄
██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄
██ ███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███
██ ███    ███    ▄███    ███
██ ███▄    ▀███▄███▀     ███
██▄ ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀
 ▀██▄ ▀███▄         ▄███▀
   ▀██▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀
     ▀██▄ ▀███▄ ▄███▀
       ▀██▄ ▀█████▀
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
         ▄█████▄ ▀██▄
       ▄███▀ ▐███▄ ▀██▄
     ▄███▀    █████▄ ▀██▄
   ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄ ▀██▄
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄ ▀██
███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███ ██
███    ███    ▄███    ███ ██
███▄    ▀███▄███▀    ▄███ ██
 ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀ ▄██
   ▀███▄         ▄███▀ ▄██▀
     ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄██▀
       ▀███▄ ▄███▀ ▄██▀
         ▀█████▀ ▄██▀
CoinMega (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:19:03 PM

Ok first of all leave a scam accusation feedback in his profile so other members would avoid to deal with him unless solved.
Then yes i feel sorry for your loss and yes: his profile already had someone painting him and you didnt use an escrow...i know you know but...

Possibly ask a DT member to tag him while the scam accusation is open.
Let's see if he desists...
~Gun
Thanks. I was really stupid not to use an escrow; was very busy that day and just wanted to complete the trade ASAP.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:30:32 PM

Mods don't give emails or IP addresses (they don't even have access to IP , only admins do as far as I know) and also don't ban scammers , a DefaultTrust member should leave him a negative trust so he can't trade with other people In case he comes back.

ICONOMI'S ICO is now finished I suppose so If he didn't withdraw his funds yet , you could contact https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=888936 and explain the situation for him (link him to this thread) and hopefully , he could give you that account since the username is visible.
CoinMega (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:40:49 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 04:48:21 PM by CoinMega

Mods don't give emails or IP addresses (they don't even have access to IP , only admins do as far as I know) and also don't ban scammers , a DefaultTrust member should leave him a negative trust so he can't trade with other people In case he comes back.

ICONOMI'S ICO is now finished I suppose so If he didn't withdraw his funds yet , you could contact https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=888936 and explain the situation for him (link him to this thread) and hopefully , he could give you that account since the username is visible.

Thanks for your reply. I contacted ICONOMI support before creating this thread but they are not even willing to give his email address.

Edit: For those who misunderstood me - I am not blaming ICONOMI; they are absolutely correct for not giving any details. It is also possible that, "IF" oksana28's intentions was to scam, he must have edited the ICO username in the screenshot or sent someone else's screenshot.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:40:46 PM

Thanks for your reply. I contacted ICONOMI support before creating this thread but they are not even willing to give his email address.

They won't give you anything based on their policy, I think you should have used someone as an escrow before doing this trade...
This ain't a good behavior, dear... Sad
TBH, you should never trust anyone here when trading such large amounts...
Currently, people don't even trust for BTC0.01, then how did you send BTC3 to a person you didn't even know???

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:50:38 PM

That would be wrong from their side for confiding into your personal matters.Moreover,they can't really give your your ICN's back I believe.

-Has oksana logged in after you sent him the coins ?

-Is he aware of this thread ?

-If he hasn't seen this thread or your pm on bitcointalk,maybe he is busy and you should just wait before jumping to conclusions.

-Otherwise,don't fall for any trust feedbacks around bitcointalk,no matter whom you're dealing with,let it be anyone,always use an escrow.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:55:20 PM

That would be wrong from their side for confiding into your personal matters.Moreover,they can't really give your your ICN's back I believe.

-If he hasn't seen this thread or your pm on bitcointalk,maybe he is busy and you should just wait before jumping to conclusions.

-Otherwise,don't fall for any trust feedbacks around bitcointalk,no matter whom you're dealing with,let it be anyone,always use an escrow.

is really true that what ever amount of bitcoin transaction is their , use escrow to avoid this type of getting scam problem. Iconomi wont help you as this is your mistake , why even Iconomi team have set one user to be used as escrow for ICN coins through iconomi admins. Even then if you have done this then nothing can be done, just wait for some time, if even then you are not getting reply, just start a scam accusation against the user so that DT members will remind him and give me negative trust.

CoinMega (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:29:06 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 04:49:16 PM by CoinMega

I understand, ICONOMI won't and shouldn't provide me any details, I do not have any problem with that.
- Yup, he has logged in for two days after I sent him coins.

- He may or may not be aware of this thread. I did send him a PM notifying him that I'll be creating a thread. Can't do anything more than that because  do not have anything other than his BCT username.

- I understand that he might be busy that's why I waited 8 days before creating this thread. I created this thread only after seeing withdrawal activity in his Bitcoin address. I have also used "possibly" in my thread title.

- Got that ;-)

They won't give you anything based on their policy, I think you should have used someone as an escrow before doing this trade...
This ain't a good behavior, dear... Sad
TBH, you should never trust anyone here when trading such large amounts...
Currently, people don't even trust for BTC0.01, then how did you send BTC3 to a person you didn't even know???
I know they won't, I do not have any problem with that. Any respectable company would not give details without concrete proofs (which I don't have) but it doesn't hurt asking Wink

is really true that what ever amount of bitcoin transaction is their , use escrow to avoid this type of getting scam problem. Iconomi wont help you as this is your mistake , why even Iconomi team have set one user to be used as escrow for ICN coins through iconomi admins. Even then if you have done this then nothing can be done, just wait for some time, if even then you are not getting reply, just start a scam accusation against the user so that DT members will remind him and give me negative trust.
Got that, thanks.
CoinMega (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:30:48 PM

I chatted with oksana28 on 20 and again on 21 I tried to chat and I got to know that he had some accident at Sharjah, and from then his phone is out of reach.

I had previously used his service and he is a altcoin developer.

Thanks for your reply, it's sad that he had an accident (if it is true). I really don't think he is a scammer, that's why I waited for 8 days before creating this thread.

I paid him on 18th and he was online on 19th and 20th.

The 3 Bitcoins that I sent were withdrawn on 19th.

There were two withdrawals from his Bitcoin address today.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 06:07:36 PM

I left him negative trust, but he probably won't ever log on again using that account.

3 bitcoin for 400 posts - that's a pretty good wage you paid him!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
oxygen88

Activity: 306

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:25:51 AM

3 BTC is a lot of money considering the BTC price is rising and rising to nearly $700 USD now, always use an escrow for such big amount is always a safer way, take it as a painful lesson Cry
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:23:52 PM

The dude probably bought an iPhone 7 with the booty you provided him. I think your best shot is finding him in some night club in Dubai.
Now he will claim that his mother/father/sister/brother/cat/dog got in an accident and is in hospital so phone is off and he is off the forum.

Next time think twice before entrusting Internet people with cash  Wink
tommy163

Activity: 237

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:06:12 AM

The dude probably bought an iPhone 7 with the booty you provided him. I think your best shot is finding him in some night club in Dubai.
Now he will claim that his mother/father/sister/brother/cat/dog got in an accident and is in hospital so phone is off and he is off the forum.

Very funny, imo op didn't use escrow? It is too naive.
CoinMega (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:01:26 AM

I left him negative trust, but he probably won't ever log on again using that account.

3 bitcoin for 400 posts - that's a pretty good wage you paid him!

Haha, well thank you.

3 BTC is a lot of money considering the BTC price is rising and rising to nearly $700 USD now, always use an escrow for such big amount is always a safer way, take it as a painful lesson Cry

Thanks. Yes, a painful lesson.

Will keep that in mind. It's first time I have ever been scammed in my whole life. I was really busy and wanted to complete the trade ASAP and he had some positive feedback too, will always use an escrow now.

Very funny, imo op didn't use escrow? It is too naive.

I am glad you find this funny.
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:24:11 PM

Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=514321

I had to pay him 5.4 BTC for 21,895.66 ICNs

Screenshot of his ICN account sent by him: http://s21.postimg.org/5bm5k0xef/image.jpg

As per our agreement, on 18th October, I paid him 3BTC in advance and then he had to transfer me his ICONOMI account and email ID, but after the first payment he disappeared.

Transaction ID of 3 BTC: https://blockchain.info/tx/2df9901f338d195461cd34c205dfbca154ce1d0ba740c3cdf23d7908fd2531d3

Our agreement and his signature:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I Oksana28 ( Aka James ) is selling my ICN account to CoinMega.
Here's the agreement from CoinMega :
"I will send you 3 BTC and you'll handover the ICONOMI ICO account with 21,000 ICNs in it. I'll then send 2.4 BTC before 30th of October. The total amount to be paid is 5.4 BTC"

My BTC address for all transaction will be: 1P86ApfWg62kwz1Zb1anYxrAN1LkRGwDdR

If the above address does not get required money then the above signed message with agreement will be assumed void.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.58
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJYBh2rAAoJEO2jZaAo3R/9emgH+gMjNC9Evl2EL6L962KDJZyR
Rojbr58exzYCsm9r6Mq9JYlifVjvypJhcAGwpdrJ4au/KtltGuFewRC5fiYn4xH4
wTONuV4/cTPDCHMHE6H1flmHPbkXuiRG0OMHOxJQuq/kw4eR+m53ZTd+kjQU0yEF
qKawOrFPIxIb4rkH2yDt4ZBL6SIvFHOAISh2TSotF/55X8/xndvzfUz8bEH/dpjA
DV2GfHzhie6DbTKiBjZOq/g7PgVXkB3WGkxO+QW8dK3zZFOK7rlyPob2rkTsRC41
Xtd9QVMtX0DIW/ixcJ7QJenNtCc8AJFUntbGhdSe5S75cL5zWC9bBlR4m33uKCw=
=wCei
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

His message after I sent him 3 BTC:

let there be atleast 1 confirmation , and now i am sending you account info and email , but can you tell me till when should i wait for next payment. and when can i access my email?

regards,
Oksana28

He has not logged in since but his Bitcoins address is active and there are two withdrawals today.

I know it's probably impossible to get the money back now. I also understand that I should have used an escrow.

I just want to know what should I do now?

Thanks you.

Say what you like OP ~ what you claim doesn't make sense at all.  I call this entire post bullshit.

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:41:20 PM

Say what you like OP ~ what you claim doesn't make sense at all.  I call this entire post bullshit.
Whatever you just posted doesn't make sense to me either.I call your one liner post utter bullshit unless you have something to back you up.So I shall be waiting for a detailed explaination of the other side of the story from your next post.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:47:54 PM

as aaallll the other guys above said always use an escrow but for a coin, you can wait till hit the exchange , and dont FOMO
sorry for your loss anyway!  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: