Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chess Game that Used Bitcoin?  (Read 5286 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:48:31 PM

But I guess on chess.com you will find Grand Masters level players perfectly capable of beating most of Chess bots.
Not everyone has access to advanced Chess programs and those available publicly probably can't beat top human players.

You are wrong twice and clearly have no idea what you are talking about. A publically accessible chess engine called Stockfish is capable of beating many grandmasters, even when at a disadvantage of one pawn.

Everyone has access to this, and it's open-source.

http://www.computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/404/

On this page, the top 50 engines are above the world champion's peak rating. But please! Go on about how grandmasters are perfectly capable of beating most chess bots.

Wow, never knew that something like this existed. Its crazy to believe that so much time and money is spent into Chess bot optimizations and everything.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:11:36 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2016, 05:14:28 AM by Superhitech

But I guess on chess.com you will find Grand Masters level players perfectly capable of beating most of Chess bots.
Not everyone has access to advanced Chess programs and those available publicly probably can't beat top human players.

You are wrong twice and clearly have no idea what you are talking about. A publically accessible chess engine called Stockfish is capable of beating many grandmasters, even when at a disadvantage of one pawn.

On this page, the top 50 engines are above the world champion's peak rating. But please! Go on about how grandmasters are perfectly capable of beating most chess bots.

Furthermore, I doubt that any bitcoin gamblers are chess grandmasters.

However, I don't think that using such a complicated bot would be worth it on a small bitcoin chess site. Making a chess site for money is simply not feasible at all, fiat or bitcoin.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 09:22:44 PM

Unlikely. However, the best players in those tournaments were always rated 2200+ on whatever game mode they were playing on, whether it be regular chess or crazyhouse. If great chess players really wanted money, then they would probably participate in larger chess tournaments for cash prizes (live chess over the board) or maybe the annual Millionaire Chess, in which this year the top section's first place prize was $30,000.

However, I don't think that using such a complicated bot would be worth it on a small bitcoin chess site.

Wrong... you could always simply run a script that detects the moves that Stockfish outputs and play those, or manually put in the moves. First place for the next two tournaments is $15, and over 2 hours that means it's probably a better rate than some people grind for with their penny signature campaigns. As well, if you simply have more accounts, you seize all of the prize pool ($50). I'm not condoning this, just saying that it would be a possibility.

Making a chess site for money is simply not feasible at all, fiat or bitcoin.

Well, it isn't a site where you gamble. These were free tournaments, for all to enter (with a pre-requisite of 20 games, but that's pretty much free). Think of it as a poker freeroll... where it's just a waste of time for anybody good enough to make REAL money from the game.

bvalis

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:40:27 AM

Unlikely. However, the best players in those tournaments were always rated 2200+ on whatever game mode they were playing on, whether it be regular chess or crazyhouse. If great chess players really wanted money, then they would probably participate in larger chess tournaments for cash prizes (live chess over the board) or maybe the annual Millionaire Chess, in which this year the top section's first place prize was $30,000.

However, I don't think that using such a complicated bot would be worth it on a small bitcoin chess site.

Wrong... you could always simply run a script that detects the moves that Stockfish outputs and play those, or manually put in the moves. First place for the next two tournaments is $15, and over 2 hours that means it's probably a better rate than some people grind for with their penny signature campaigns. As well, if you simply have more accounts, you seize all of the prize pool ($50). I'm not condoning this, just saying that it would be a possibility.

Making a chess site for money is simply not feasible at all, fiat or bitcoin.

Well, it isn't a site where you gamble. These were free tournaments, for all to enter (with a pre-requisite of 20 games, but that's pretty much free). Think of it as a poker freeroll... where it's just a waste of time for anybody good enough to make REAL money from the game.

I think you summerized that there ^^^
geniusboy91

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:37:18 AM

I also never heard about bitcoin related chess game because pvp take a lot of time, I think majority of the people are interested in that kind of game which is purely based on skill and that is the reason it not have bigger community like luck based games.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:46:11 AM

I also never heard about bitcoin related chess game because pvp take a lot of time, I think majority of the people are interested in that kind of game which is purely based on skill and that is the reason it not have bigger community like luck based games.

It's a set of mind when you are playing with chess and if someone will create games like this and he will put bitcoin on it to bet's people and watch the two player playing chess , Then let's have some money by watching Yes you are right there many people will interested of this kind of game those who really love chess.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:22:07 PM

It's a set of mind when you are playing with chess and if someone will create games like this and he will put bitcoin on it to bet's people and watch the two player playing chess , Then let's have some money by watching Yes you are right there many people will interested of this kind of game those who really love chess.

I think that is really a brilliant idea by watching other people play and betting on who's gonna win can add up more interest in these kind of game and when players are playing these if they can surely win a game of chess they can get bitcoin too, I think there should be multiple channels to choose from so there would be a variety of players you can choose from and channels where you can play chess too!
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:14:46 AM

Never seen such site but i think it will be very good idea to have one. However i am not that much fan about chess, also have heard some guys have made ethereum smart contract based chess game recently. Can't find link to that news but i have read it some days ago.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:46:28 PM

Wow, never knew that something like this existed. Its crazy to believe that so much time and money is spent into Chess bot optimizations and everything.
You may expect them to spend as much or even much more than that. That is not a new thing, to make money from any business, you need to spend money, more the money in your invesment means more the returns, hence I am not surprised to see a bot engulping that huge amount.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 12:43:56 AM

You may expect them to spend as much or even much more than that. That is not a new thing, to make money from any business, you need to spend money, more the money in your invesment means more the returns, hence I am not surprised to see a bot engulping that huge amount.

You're really ignorant, aren't you?

11 of the top 50 are commercial engines. The top engine, however, is free AND open-source. Time has been spent to making engines more efficient, but if you think that the creation of Chess engines is based solely on a business perspective, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

You don't even know what you're talking about, at all.

"hence I am not surprised to see a bot engulping that huge amount"? What huge amount?  You clearly haven't bothered to go to the site, nevermind read anything relevant to price on it.

"You may expect them to spend as much or even much more than that." More than what? adaseb hasn't mentioned anything relating to the price and neither have I. Stop spamming.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: